PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs. Kirbyville

Compudyne
10-08-2002, 12:05 PM
Is this going to be a blow out. Both teams are 4-1 but has Kirbyville really played anyone. What about the QB situation in Jasper. I heard #1 was out and that #10 may be hurt too.

Reveille
10-08-2002, 01:43 PM
Kirbyville has played San Augustine (2a) who they lost to 19-13. Kirbyville has beat Timpson (2a), Buna(3a), Tarkington (3A), and Beaumont Kelly (Private). The combined record of those five teams is 3 and 21 with San Augustine having three wins. I think it would be safe to say that Jasper should win by a large margin.
Mitchell was out for the Smiley game and should be out for the Kirbyville game. He might be back for Newton on the 18th. It is my understanding that he has once again been advised by Dr.'s that he should not play due to risking permanant injury. Supposedly, he has a pinched nerve in his back again.
McQueen took a late hit while he was on the ground in the second quarter of the Smiley game. From the stands, it looked like they were working on his left shoulder. He went back in the game after halftime.
Maybe I am from the old school, but if you have the game well in hand, why put him back in the game. The score at the half was 28-0. Give your third stringer who may now be your second stringer the reps......I guess that is why I am not the coach.
Anyway, Jasper has more than enough talent to make it to the playoffs without Mitchell. Their big test before the playoffs will still be Newton. Without any major injuries against Woodville this weekend, Newton can very well come out of the Jasper game with a win. It will be a war.

Compudyne
10-08-2002, 02:02 PM
I did a little checking on Jasper's predistrict schedule. Teams they beat: PNG 3-2, Silsbee 1-5, Nacogdoches, 0-5 and Smiley 0-4. A combined record of 4-16. I am not sure of the teams record that beat them (Strake). Doesn't look like you guys played a top notch schedule either. Should Jasper win, Yes. Just don't act like you have played a big time schedule.

Reveille
10-08-2002, 02:56 PM
I didn't say that Jasper had played a tough schedule. You specifically asked about Kirbyville's schedule. If you had wanted to know about Jasper's, I would have gladly told you the teams they have played have had a poor winning percentage. PNG and Strake are the only two with winning records that Jasper has played.
As a matter of fact, Bulldog92 and I have been more critical of Jasper than any of the other Jasper posters. Most have been down right arrogant. IMHO I think the team was like that also until they ran up against Strake. Having to swallow a little humble pie is just what Jasper needed.

duckbutter
10-08-2002, 03:33 PM
I really want Kirbyville to do well this and make the playoffs but don't look for an upset this week. I think DataPoll has Jasper by 14 but I think it will be more like 30+. Next week will be the test for Jasper and Newton. It's hard for 3A teams to find good predistrict games in this part of the world, we take what we can get. I also hear that Mitchell may not play against Newton, but I hope he does so there won't be any excuses.

98Eagle
10-08-2002, 03:34 PM
Jasper will blow Kirbyville out. Im predicting at least a 30 point victory with Kirbyville lucky to get on the board.

Reveille
10-08-2002, 03:46 PM
Duckbutter, datapoll has Newton by 18 over Jasper. Any comments on that one? eek!

duckbutter
10-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Yeah looks a little low also.

Reveille
10-08-2002, 04:10 PM
I agree, but we need more cow bell. LOL

duckbutter
10-08-2002, 04:15 PM
I think you have been watching a little too much SNL.

Bulldog92
10-08-2002, 08:26 PM
Hey you guys. After a few off-the field distractions (work, life in general, etc. :D ), I'm back. Jasper should win this game handily (30+), but with all of the injuries and inconsistent play of late, I have no idea what to expect against Newton next week. Those guys are good and focused, which is a dangerous combination. I expect a close game, but I think it's realistic that it could be a blowout on either side if both teams don't come ready to play. We will learn a lot about the Dogs and any hopes we have of making noise in November and December....that you can bet on.

mojjo_1
10-08-2002, 08:41 PM
Jasper has played all 4a schools except Strake, which is a private school. Strake is 4-1 and was 10- 0 last year. Jasper has played the last 2 games without their starting qb. I hope he will be back against Kirbyville. I think Jasper will win big. Coach Alveraz will have his team ready to play but Jasper has too much talent. Kirbyville will stay close for a quarter.I hope Ricky Mitchell is able to play a little. I would like him to get some playing time before the Newton game if possible. The Jasper radio station may start broadcasting on the net soon. The web site is kwyx.com . If they do Bulldog 92 will be happy. I don't know when but it's in the works,the web site is there now. It would be nice if it's up by Oct.18.

eagle_fan
10-08-2002, 09:24 PM
well yall , newton didnt play last friday so i went to watch the mighty jasper team ,,all i gotta say is they might win state championship in 3a division 1 but they wont have a distric title to go with it

eagle_fan
10-08-2002, 09:24 PM
well yall , newton didnt play last friday so i went to watch the mighty jasper team ,,all i gotta say is they might win a state championship in 3a division 1 but they wont have a district title to go with it

Bulldog92
10-08-2002, 09:25 PM
You're right about that. My world would be a much better place.

mwynn05
10-08-2002, 09:29 PM
yea but nobody said newton couldnt be beat i think they can bebut i still hope we dont play yall

mojjo_1
10-08-2002, 09:48 PM
I wonder how many 3a teams can score 51 points on any 4a team with their starting qb on the bench. The most important thing to Jasper is having Ricky Mitchell ready for the playoffs. If he's not ready for Newton he won't play. But the rest of the team will be ready. Oct.18 everybody there will see a great game. This will be a close game. If your giving points I'll take that bet. But first we play Kirbyville.

Matthew328
10-08-2002, 10:00 PM
Like I said earlier Jasper is still a VERY good team w/o Mitchell...but he seems to be key component of that offense..if does come back from this injury it'll be the 2nd time against doctor's orders to play...I wonder if he will risk permanent damage again? He is a heck of a baseball player and if I remember correct that is his likely future sport...will he risk that again? And even if he does come back will he be totally healthy and if he is healthy will he be as effective or will the injury be in the back of his mind and make him tenative? Wow things are very interesting...but Jasper has a luxury few 3A teams have..even with their back-up QB they can still blow-out most 3A schools..LOL

OldSchoolBulldog
10-08-2002, 10:58 PM
Reveille:
I didn't say that Jasper had played a tough schedule. You specifically asked about Kirbyville's schedule. If you had wanted to know about Jasper's, I would have gladly told you the teams they have played have had a poor winning percentage. PNG and Strake are the only two with winning records that Jasper has played.
As a matter of fact, Bulldog92 and I have been more critical of Jasper than any of the other Jasper posters. Most have been down right arrogant. IMHO I think the team was like that also until they ran up against Strake. Having to swallow a little humble pie is just what Jasper needed.

OldSchoolBulldog
10-08-2002, 11:01 PM
Reveille:
As a matter of fact, Bulldog92 and I have been more critical of Jasper than any of the other Jasper posters. Most have been down right arrogant. IMHO I think the team was like that also until they ran up against Strake. Having to swallow a little humble pie is just what Jasper needed.You might be correct that most Jasper supporters who post on this site have not been critical. But, I would challenge you to find one arrogant post from a Jasper supporter on this site.

Bulldog92
10-09-2002, 12:02 AM
I think he was referring to the ones on the other forum Reveille and I post on. No big deal...

Reveille
10-09-2002, 08:13 AM
Your right Bulldog92. I was referring to the other sight. I should have qualified that statement as to the other sight. Forgive me Oldschoolbulldog.
Mojjo, Stake is now 5-1. The only team they lost to was Killeen 20-0 the first game of the season.
I spoke with kwyx radio yesterday and they advised they do not have audio streaming at this time. They said do to their contract that they have no plans at this time to do audio straming in the near future. Sorry to tell you that Bulldog92.

southern_thunder
10-09-2002, 01:01 PM
First of all Mitchell is not playing against doctor's orders!! Dont know where that information came from but it is far from the truth, there is no risk of permanent damage. It is a play as you can kind of injury. Jasper will beat Kirbyville by at least 30 points if not more.
As for Newton, both teams had better show up and pack a lunch it will be a good one. But I give Jasper the edge with the possiblity of a big margin.

HornetPride
10-09-2002, 01:15 PM
Kirbyville, Schmirbyville..........

Jasper 41, Kirbyville 9

<small>[ October 09, 2002, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: HornetPride ]</small>

Dealer
10-09-2002, 01:32 PM
Rev's right...
Gotta have more COW BELL, baby! You can pass more or run more, but if you don't get more COW BELL in your "O" - it ain't gonna matter.

Bulldog92
10-09-2002, 07:50 PM
I left an e-mail for our friendly Bulldog announcer on KWYX's website last night, but never brought the streaming issue up. We've known each other since I was a kid and it was good to be able to say hello, so something good came out of finding out about the site. I'll just rely on you guys back home as always to find out what's going on, which isn't such a bad thing. Excuse my ignorance, but what's the cowbell thing all about? Just curious..and I'll feel dumb after I get the explanation, but that happens to the best of us, right?

lion52
10-09-2002, 09:39 PM
Matthew328 I don't know where you get your information but Ricky is not playing against the doctor's recommendation nor is there a risk of permanent injury. Neither his family or coaches or trainer would want him to play or allow him to play if there was any risk at all of permanent injury.

Matthew328
10-09-2002, 09:41 PM
I have heard conflicting reports on Mitchell since last summer.....hard to beleive what is true and what is fiction...

Bulldog92
10-09-2002, 10:31 PM
I'll second that. I don't understand why people can't just tell the truth about what is really going on. If it were me in Ricky's position and my life could turn around completely with one hit, I wouldn't even play football. I don't think any of us with any common sense would. That logic would suggest that those rumors can't be true, but what do I know?

southern_thunder
10-10-2002, 08:26 AM
What Mitchell has been told is that he can play as long as he can take the pain but that there is no risk of further injury or any kind of permanent damage. They have also told him and the trainer and the coaches that the more rest rest he gets the better he will be able play. So that is why he has not played much so far, so that he will be ready for the games that he is needed for.