PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a October 1st Game to Watch

Jody
09-23-2004, 01:46 PM
There is a group of die-hards from Barbers Hill who want to watch a really good high school football game on October 1st (our off week). I would like to see what your suggestions may be for a really good matchup, especially if they are both ranked teams and within a couple hours from Mont Belvieu.

If the pick is a game you are going to maybe we can meet up and shoot the bull about 3A football and the Houston Texan's cheerleaders. I'll throw in a Academy gift certificate for the first person to pick the game we go to.

Thanks,
Jody

:doh:

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Sorry...Jasper is open that week too. So, I will be watching to see what you come up with!

this is the way we ball
09-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Everman vs. Kennedale
@ Everman High School
7:30

KTownBalla
09-23-2004, 03:57 PM
EVERYONE GO TO THE GAME!

shellman54
09-23-2004, 03:58 PM
kinda outta the way for me.

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately it is for me too...:(

exbccards76'smom
09-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Bridge City will be playing Silsbee at home next Friday Night. But, if you come, show up early to get a seat. It is Bridge City's homecoming that night.

Gobbla2001
09-23-2004, 06:40 PM
Cuero is off that week as well...

Maybe you should check and see if Wimberly is playing...

Those are the 'real' 'Texans' Cheerleaders...

The girls in the stands could prolly make it as an NFL cheerleader...

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 08:06 PM
Bridge City/Silsbee is doable (word?) for me. You know, I don't think I have seen any Silsbee posters on here...hmmmm

jason
09-23-2004, 08:11 PM
Copperas Cove vs Bryan @ Cove

MB4LIFE
09-23-2004, 08:32 PM
Marlin@Graham

Bobcatfan4life
09-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Orangefield plays Galena Park at home. This game could get really ugly really fast!

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 09:11 PM
I need something within about an hour to hour and half from Jasper...

sahen
09-23-2004, 09:13 PM
if ur serious....u can go about 15 min to stallworth stadium oct. 1st (Stallworth is in baytown for anyone reading this not familiar w/ it)....get this, right now Baytown Sterling (3-0) is gonna play Westfield (3-0 and ranked somewhere in 5a...not sure of the number)...not only do u get to see what will prolly be a good football game(im dying over here cause i graduated from sterling and football always sucked, seems like they FINALLY r turning it around this year)...but u will also get to see 2 of the better bands in the state march at halftime (if u care about the band...u might be one that done but just another plus).....anyways at worse the two teams will both be 3-1 going into the game cause they both have games this week too....i know ur thinking, ewww Sterling....but if they play w/ Spring this week in Spring then i say this will be a good game....and ill be there home from school....so check it out...its only a couple min. away

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Where is it at? Remember, I'm in Jasper....

BIGHANK
09-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Diboll is playing Hamshire Fannett in Diboll

sahen
09-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Where is it at? Remember, I'm in Jasper....

r u talkin about stallworth?

LHMom
09-23-2004, 09:35 PM
That's the off-week for LH, also. I was going to post tonight to see who had a good game...

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by sahen
r u talkin about stallworth?
Yep....

sahen
09-23-2004, 10:04 PM
sry this took a while dawgmom but go to this site and click on stallworth stadium (far right column) and then click on yahoo maps on it...i didnt wanna tell u wrong so i had to find this site again...
click here (http://www.texasbob.com/football/index_houston.html)
one more thing...dawgmom or anyone else looking to go to this game...let me make sure that Sterling is gonna be ok...i mean i think they will but we have been so bad for so long i dont wanna send u to a blow out....wlel unless if it is Sterling blowing out one of the better 5a teams....im gonna check the score for the Sterling/Spring game this friday and Spring is about as good as Westfield...i will give an update of how well Sterling played that game that way u dont come to Baytown and watch a slaughter...hopefully al lwill be well :)

RBARKER
09-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by BIGHANK
Diboll is playing Hamshire Fannett in Diboll

I thought Diboll was going to play Madisonville Oct 1st. If so Jody that would be a good one. I would also like to go to the Marlin Graham game, but it is in Graham.

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 10:18 PM
sry this took a while dawgmom but go to this site and click on stallworth stadium (far right column) and then click on yahoo maps on it...i didnt wanna tell u wrong so i had to find this site again...
click here (http://www.texasbob.com/football/index_houston.html)
one more thing...dawgmom or anyone else looking to go to this game...let me make sure that Sterling is gonna be ok...i mean i think they will but we have been so bad for so long i dont wanna send u to a blow out....wlel unless if it is Sterling blowing out one of the better 5a teams....im gonna check the score for the Sterling/Spring game this friday and Spring is about as good as Westfield...i will give an update of how well Sterling played that game that way u dont come to Baytown and watch a slaughter...hopefully al lwill be well :)
Thanks a bunch for the info! I don't know if I can talk my husband into going that far for a game involving teams we don't know, but....

sahen
09-23-2004, 10:21 PM
understandable dawgmom...regaurdless i'll try to let u know if i still think its worth seeing after this friday night...dont want u to talk him into it and then get there to watch a bad game...then u migh tnot get him to go that far again...lol...so yah...i'll keep u posted on that

NHSRattler60
09-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Navasota vs. Bye

mistanice
09-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Yeah Diboll does play Madisonville on Oct 1. I think that would be a good game to go to, Diboll's Homecoming game. I believe Madisonville is still undefeated going into tomorrow's game. 2 hour drive from BH.

PPHSfan
09-24-2004, 12:30 AM
You might wanna tell some of the folks on here where Mont Belvieu is located.:D

sahen
09-24-2004, 12:38 AM
its barber's hill.....same place w/ 2 names....south east houston next to baytown...best way to look at it....where I-10 and highway 146 intersect...

RBARKER
09-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
Yeah Diboll does play Madisonville on Oct 1. I think that would be a good game to go to, Diboll's Homecoming game. I believe Madisonville is still undefeated going into tomorrow's game. 2 hour drive from BH.

Jody, I thnik we have a winner!!

RBARKER
09-24-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Navasota vs. Bye

Yall are going to get killed. Bye cannot be stopped:D

Navasota 0
Bye 75

Jody
09-24-2004, 08:43 AM
Sounds like aplan to me RBARKER. Tell mom not to schedule your evening....LOL

Let me go back and see who get's the Academy certificate.

I agree, Navasota 0 Bye 72....LOL

cunbed10
09-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Marlin vs Graham

RBARKER
09-24-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by cunbed10
Marlin vs Graham

That would be a great game but isn't it in Graham?

coiled2strike
09-24-2004, 09:16 AM
playing bye is always a tough task...it is nearly impossible to scout and the coaches there are so hard to deal with...they will never trade film or even return phone calls...good luck rattlers tonight against liberty-eylau...take care of business and don't look ahead to next week vs. bye

NHSRattler60
09-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Focused.

cunbed10
09-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
That would be a great game but isn't it in Graham? Yep!

3afan
09-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by jason
Copperas Cove vs Bryan @ Cove

hhhmmm - might have to come see that one ..... then catch a college games on Sat on the way home .........

Jody
09-24-2004, 02:27 PM
OK, we have a winner!

Mistanice has "properly" named the team playing Diboll and it appears we will watch them play. BigHank, I have to give you credit for knowing Diboll was playing....hahaha, but they were not scheduled ot play HF. If they had played HF, we would have not gone anyway.

HF is not a contender against them anyway. That's like Japer or WOS playing Diboll. Diboll deserves better competition.

mistanice
09-25-2004, 12:19 AM
I'm sorry Jody, you jinxed us. Why say such things, because of you Diboll lost to HF. I dont know what to say. Diboll was leading 18-14 with 3 mins to play and HF scores on a long run, and for the 3rd straight week diboll has to play catchup in the last moments of the game, and fall short again.

Tonight was a really messy game with both teams slippin' and slidin'.

It sucks to see a team with better than average talent play below average ball. Diboll falls to 1-3 (which is not what I expected for this season) and hosts Madisonville for homecoming, who beat Crockett tonight 24-22. They move to 5-0. I hope Diboll gets it together (i feel like i've said that more than once) for next week.

big daddy russ
09-25-2004, 11:41 AM
its barber's hill.....same place w/ 2 names....south east houston next to baytown...best way to look at it....where I-10 and highway 146 intersect...
That's crazy. I always thought it was north of Houston. I know I've passed through there a bunch of times, but I wasn't sure if it was when I was headed to Miss/Ala to see family or headed up to Marshall to visit ETBU.

Jody
09-27-2004, 06:51 AM
I'm sorry Jody, you jinxed us. Why say such things, because of you Diboll lost to HF. I dont know what to say. Diboll was leading 18-14 with 3 mins to play and HF scores on a long run, and for the 3rd straight week diboll has to play catchup in the last moments of the game, and fall short again.

Tonight was a really messy game with both teams slippin' and slidin'.

It sucks to see a team with better than average talent play below average ball. Diboll falls to 1-3 (which is not what I expected for this season) and hosts Madisonville for homecoming, who beat Crockett tonight 24-22. They move to 5-0. I hope Diboll gets it together (i feel like i've said that more than once) for next week.

Sorry Dude! I certainly did not want to see HF win over Diboll. WOS, yes, but not Diboll. PM me your address and I will send your gift certificate.

Phatkat6586
09-28-2004, 10:48 PM
You should head on over to Gainsville to see the defending state champs (2-2) take on the Iowa Park Hawks (5-0), this will be an excelent game but i think Iowa Park will take this one in the 4th quater.
Ip-34
Gainsville-17

sahen
09-29-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That's crazy. I always thought it was north of Houston. I know I've passed through there a bunch of times, but I wasn't sure if it was when I was headed to Miss/Ala to see family or headed up to Marshall to visit ETBU.

i guess its more east than southeast....but it isnt northeast houston that is more dayton/liberty area...

3afan
09-29-2004, 06:01 AM
blah

Jody
09-29-2004, 06:59 AM
Well, since Diboll continues to stink it up, looks like a change in game plans. I guess we are now going to see Bridge City whip the crap out of Silsby......just kidding. I hope it will be a good game.

We would go watch WOS or Jasper, but they are getting beat by the Bye this weekend.

BIGHANK
09-29-2004, 09:23 AM
be looking to be suprised on friday when you hear the diboll score you will see what you missed we havent lost a homecoming in 11 yrs and dont intend to now so get ready for a show if you come cause we aint no pushovers

dawgmom
09-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Is the BC/Silsbee game in BC or Silsbee? I can't speak for WOS, but Jasper will NEVER lose to the bye! NEVER...NEVER...NEVER!!!!

RBARKER
09-29-2004, 11:37 AM
It's in BC its their Homecoming

bc 76
09-29-2004, 11:48 AM
I can tell you were one of the best games will be and that is the matchup with Bay City vs ElCampo in Ricebirds land.

Jody
09-29-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by BIGHANK
be looking to be suprised on friday when you hear the diboll score you will see what you missed we havent lost a homecoming in 11 yrs and dont intend to now so get ready for a show if you come cause we aint no pushovers

I truly hope your right. Diboll needs to win a few more games. There is a chance BH may end up playing Bridge City in the post season so we are interested in seeing them this year. I also have a keen interest in Silsbee, as they could be a contender for a play-off run.

As long as Jasper and WOS get beat this week in their battle with the Bye, then all else is good.

BIGHANK
09-29-2004, 08:47 PM
thats cool but you aint seen nothin yet