PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill People...

WOS1
09-23-2004, 12:36 PM
I just found out our Freshman (WO-S) are playing your Freshman today. Very interesting... that is if the game isn't cancelled. I'll give scores when I get them. Should be an interesting game. I know our Freshman are 3-0 and are pretty darn good. Do any of you have any info on your Freshman team?

shellman54
09-23-2004, 12:41 PM
game at WO-S or BH?

Jody
09-23-2004, 01:54 PM
I may be wrong, but I think our freshman team lost one game so far to Dickenson. I have not seen them play, but if it is a home game I may go to this one.

WOS1
09-23-2004, 02:26 PM
The game WAS going to be played at WO-S, but I just got word that, thanks to Ivan, it has been cancelled. I thought this might happen. Hooks doesn't like to take chances. Oh well... it WOULD have been interesting.

Hupernikomen
09-23-2004, 03:18 PM
BH lower grade teams are usually very good. Their JV may be down a bit this year because some of the younger talent is on the varisty but I doubt it.

WO-S seems to be very good on the lower-levels as usual.

Maybe they can hook up next week. BH probably could field 2 or 3 freshmen teams with their football numbers.

Eagles52
09-23-2004, 03:40 PM
actually it was our sophmore team which is composed of the sophmores and juniors that arent good enough to play on the jv so even though they are older I wouldnt use a game like this to compare younger grade levels b/c these are not the best of the groups for the most part

WOS1
09-23-2004, 04:38 PM
I've found out that next week the Freshman are supposed to play the Sabine Pass varsity. I've heard they are huge. Oh well, I guess Hooks wants some stiff competition. I've never heard of a Freshman team playing a varsity on any level.

Ranger Mom
09-23-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I've found out that next week the Freshman are supposed to play the Sabine Pass varsity. I've heard they are huge. Oh well, I guess Hooks wants some stiff competition. I've never heard of a Freshman team playing a varsity on any level.

How does that work? Will they (Sabine Pass) play on Thursday and not play a varsity game on Friday?

shellman54
09-23-2004, 04:45 PM
the only time i've ever heard of that is during basketball season

scrub c
09-23-2004, 04:46 PM
never heard of it either

WOS1
09-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
How does that work? Will they (Sabine Pass) play on Thursday and not play a varsity game on Friday?

Ooooh... that's a good question. :thinking: I'll have to check into that. I'd assume they would play on Thursday for the coaches, but I don't know.

Just an FYI, Sabine Pass is a 1A school that has just begun playing football again this year. So, I guess an established 3A programs Freshman playing them is not such a big deal.

WOS1
09-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Some more FYI, you can see how well our subvarsity teams are doing on the front page of, www.WO-S.com
:D

Supertilley
09-23-2004, 04:58 PM
It will be played in wos and according to the home coaches wishes. Sabine has had a football team year in and year out since 1932. We have suspended from district play for 15 yrs.

FYI, coach starkie is the sabine pass head coach. Last year he was the quarterback coach at wos.

IN the paper it said wos jv, but that may have been changed

WOS1
09-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Supertilley
It will be played in wos and according to the home coaches wishes. Sabine has had a football team year in and year out since 1932. We have suspended from district play for 15 yrs.

FYI, coach starkie is the sabine pass head coach. Last year he was the quarterback coach at wos.

IN the paper it said wos jv, but that may have been changed

So, they've had a team every year, but have not participated in a district?

3ABirdMan
09-23-2004, 10:26 PM
One of the local news programs ?last? night had a report on the new facilities at Sabine Pass, and during the report, mentioned that they had not participated in the UIL for several years as they have been playing "independant". Also said they were going to re-join UIL in '06.

I DIDN'T KNOW UIL WAS OPTIONAL?:confused:

D. R. Hooks
09-24-2004, 03:20 AM
Supertilley,

I don't know if you know, but why was Sabine Pass suspended from district? Of course you can be suspended from playoffs, but how do you get kicked out of district if that's what happened?

RBARKER
09-24-2004, 07:53 AM
Just to give yall some info on the BH sub varsity records.

BH freshman 4-1
BH Soph. 4-0
BH JV. 5-0

Does anyone else have a Soph. team? BH started this about 2 years ago. While the Freshman and JV play the same school as the varsity that week the Soph team playes someone completely different.

dawgmom
09-24-2004, 10:06 AM
Wow! You have enough kids to field 4 teams and you are still 3A?

RBARKER
09-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Wow! You have enough kids to field 4 teams and you are still 3A?

Yeah we are holding on but willbe 4A probally the next cut.

Supertilley
09-24-2004, 11:11 AM
D.R., during the late 80's and early 90's after hwy 87 closed the h.s. average droped from 58 students to 40. I believe it was 1990 by the time district rolled around we have to forfit all of the games because we only had 9 player on the team. The other teams in the district threw a fit.....and the UIL listend to them. This year the enrollment is at a record high 79 students 9-12. Tonight the Sabine Pass sharks renew a long lost rivalry hosting the High Island Cardinals in the Gulf Coast Bowl!!!