PDA

View Full Version : Pro Sports are Entertainment in some cases

Phil C
09-23-2004, 11:22 AM
and not real sports. Look at Pro Basketball. They let players travel to the basket which if done in hs basketball would have been called. Then they don't call fouls on certain players like Shaq but if Tim or Yao do it look out here comes foul city. Pro basketball is like pro wrestling - entertainment more than sport which is a real shame. Then look at Pro Baseball. You get a good team like the Marlins last year or Arizona a few years ago and right after the season the rick teams like the Yankess get their free agents. This has happened twice to the Marlins. There is no loyalty because of the system and that is why the rich teams get the best players. At least the NFL has parity with salary cap and free agents even though they lose the loyalty part. The shame is that the real sport such as the WWSL failed while these rich NBA and MLB players think of the fans as sheep and the worse thing is we let them get away with it. Oh well.

JasperDog94
09-23-2004, 11:56 AM
Come on Phil. You and I both know that the only real sport is good ol' american football.:)

Chris' Agent
09-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Phil...It's a business...don't you know anything...

Phil C
09-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Good Point Chris! I am so ashamed! Pardon my ignorance and stupidity! :o