PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Update

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Looks like it is going to come into Cameron, LA in the next 3-5 hours. Worst of it will be tonight. Most will be out of our area by morning. Winds are at 60mph now.

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Once it comes into Cameron, it is heading our way. So you folks in Bmt, BC, WOS, Newton, JASPER, and surrounding areas, batten down the hatches! Could pose problems for tonights games. :(

2futurecard'smom
09-23-2004, 11:23 AM
That is just my luck......................it doesn't rain for months and months.................and on a Thursday night my son has a game and it's gonna be a hurricane blowing thru..............we need the rain...............but God's surely seen the importance of football round these parts, lol! Maybe it'll hold off till late tonight and the games can go on..........................

exbccards76'smom
09-23-2004, 01:33 PM
As of one o'clock, it is now predicted to come ashore at or just east of Sabine Pass, which is right on top of us.

RiverRatDad
09-23-2004, 02:08 PM
The NHC forecast calls for Ivan to be about 25 miles NE of Conroe at 7am Friday, 30 miles WSW of College Station at 7am Sat, and near Seguin at 7 am Sunday. Take your umbrellas to the games, it's going to be a wet weekend.

chaingang
09-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Orange is already getting some wind an rain at 4:00pm. Looks like the eye will pass right over WOS stadium.

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Batten down the hatches and hold on! I hope this doesn't interfer with tomorrows games! Y'all stay safe now y'hear?

scrub c
09-23-2004, 04:37 PM
where is it going in relation to houston

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 04:40 PM
I think Houston may be to the south of the storm, but not free from rain...

WOS1
09-23-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
where is it going in relation to houston

East... it is now 4:40pm and Orange is getting some pretty significant rain and wind.

exbccards76'smom
09-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Lots of rain and a little wind right now at 6 p.m. in Bridge City. It is not steady, though, it is coming and going. And also, FYI, Crockett Street in Beaumont has closed for this evening due to the storm...daughter in law works there and told me this a little while ago.

GS#17
09-23-2004, 08:45 PM
We had very little rain or wind in Beaumont so far.

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Jasper has had very little rain, and a few small gusts of wind...dang it...game could have been played, it would have been nice and cool! Oh well...better to be safe than sorry.

bccards
09-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Jasper has had very little rain, and a few small gusts of wind...dang it...game could have been played, it would have been nice and cool! Oh well...better to be safe than sorry.

Weather here in BC is terrible.. All the roads are under water, TX 87 has 6 lanes under water in places, Wind isn't too big a factor, but it is gusting pretty good.. We've got a huge lightning show going on right now.. thunderstorms are very rare in tropical weather, but boy we're getting nailed right now!

GS#17
09-23-2004, 08:54 PM
I just talked to a friend who's a weatherman. The storm hasn't made it all the way into Texas and is pretty much falling apart over the Neches River. Orange and Vidor has had about 4 inches of rain; Beaumont has had .07 inch (Port Neches, on the other hand, has had about 5 inches). The distance from Orange to Beaumont is only 25 miles; Vidor to Beaumont is only 10 miles. It's on it's way, but as of yet, Beaumont is high and dry.

GS#17
09-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Here's a neat site that will show what the storm is doing:
Radar Image (http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/latest/DS.p19r0/si.klch.shtml)

When you get to the page, hit the short range loop on the left side of the page. The storm is really just spinning in one place.

bccards
09-23-2004, 10:06 PM
The center of circulation is currently sitting directly on top of Bridge City right now as we speak.. Winds have been gusting to close to 40mph with the rain going horizontal. We have received close to 6" of rain in about 3 hours time. The winds are really blowing good right now...

3ABirdMan
09-23-2004, 10:18 PM
MAN -

I finally get everything squared away for the night, get upstairs to check the radar and the 'LOW, and all of a sudden there's a knock on my door!

So I run downstairs, turn on the porch lights, and open the door, and there's this nasty-looking dude out there. He says his name is IVAN, and he thought he would try to help BC take on the Dawgs by making the field wet for Friday night!

He said his experience has been that wet turf slows down "true" speed, and he figured BC could use a little help, 'cause Jasper's got a lotta speed! Said he was gonna head on out west a little tonight, and didn't know exactly where he was headed to. Said he was just trying to be of service. Wanted to know of any games where he might be welcome tomorrow night, and I told him I wasn't sure.

So I thanked him, told him we needed the rain anyway, and hoped it REALLY was gonna help tomorrow night. He said "You're Welcome", and mosied on in a flash of light(ning).

So, when I think about it, ol' Ivan just came to SETX to help his Cardinal friends. That's no so bad, when you think of it that way!

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Hang on to what ya got BC folks! I guess grumpy old Ivan will show up at my house in the wee hours and wake me up!!! He better think twice. I get CRANKY when I get woke up!
http://kit.netpoets.net/aarrgghh.gif
http://kit.netpoets.net/aarrgghh.gif
http://kit.netpoets.net/hotwater.gif