PDA

View Full Version : Scouting Vernon?

FanMan
11-10-2001, 11:32 PM
Can anyone provide the Wylie fans with a scouting report on Vernon, covering offense, defense and special teams?

Matthew328
11-11-2001, 12:17 AM
I know they have a good D...returned 10 starters from last year...much better than last year..they have a good back in Bernard Scott...check the Wichita Falls newspaper site for info... www.trnonline.com (http://www.trnonline.com)

whsfan
11-11-2001, 05:21 PM
I don't remember much about the strength of Vernon's defense last year. Seems like Ensor and Ruth pretty much did whatever and whenever they wanted last year. This years offensive line is even bigger and stronger so I looking for a blowout worse than the game last year.

coolguycody_c
11-11-2001, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by whsfan:
I don't remember much about the strength of Vernon's defense last year. Seems like Ensor and Ruth pretty much did whatever and whenever they wanted last year. This years offensive line is even bigger and stronger so I looking for a blowout worse than the game last year.

Vernon is much, MUCH, better this year than they were last year... and I've heard Wylie isn't much better than last year... Plus last year, I don't remember the game being much of a blowout, especially since you guys continued to the semi's....watch out for the offence which has made great improvements.

bigdawg
11-11-2001, 08:32 PM
Actually, we continued on to the state championship game. Good try though. Our offense is better than it was last year. Our line is much bigger and stronger than last year. The game last year was pretty much a blowout considering we had 2nd and 3rd team players playing in the 3rd and 4th quarter. There's not many play-off games when those guys ever get to play, but they did on several occassions last year in the play-offs.

Da Mules
11-11-2001, 08:48 PM
One thing I've noticed all year about Wylie is that they haven't always covered the point spread...fools might take this as a sign that Wylie is weaker..what it really means is that once the game is out of reach, the coach is putting in the subs! Ballinger learned this lesson the hard way, right? I think the Bulldogs will be Lion Tamers this week. 31-7

whsfan
11-11-2001, 10:42 PM
I agree the DAWGS are bad to the bone. My prediction is that Wylie wins by three touchdowns.