PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this in Olympics in 2008?

Phil C
09-23-2004, 08:36 AM
We get the NBA to send it's 2008 champions then if they win the gold medal they can actually say they are world champions like they claim after the NBA championship. If they win it all it proves the claim they are right. If they don't then the claim loses its' credibility. Come on NBA. Show some courage! The only thing is that if foreign players are on the NBA championship team they have to play for the USA and if they refuse a substitute from another team would be allowed and the refusing player has to be on a one year suspension from NBA.

3afan
09-23-2004, 08:42 AM
good idea ..........

jason
09-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The only thing is that if foreign players are on the NBA championship team they have to play for the USA and if they refuse a substitute from another team would be allowed and the refusing player has to be on a one year suspension from NBA. that will keep it all from working

venomous tat2
09-23-2004, 09:02 AM
I talked to some of the guys around here and we feel the same way BUT there's just one problem ,there are so many international players in the nba if they were on a championship team they would have to play for their country ? right. It is a very good idea anyway.

Phil C
09-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Maybe so Ven but we could still get equivalent substitutes and there shouldn't be more than one or two on each team. If Houston wins we know Yao would play for China but they could substitute Shaq or Tim. Plenty of equivalent players.

Old Tiger
09-23-2004, 10:46 AM
pretty good idea, but it's over with phil....

PPHSfan
09-23-2004, 10:54 AM
I think we should drop out of basketball competition in the olympics and work hard to get Texas No Limit Hold'em Poker established as an Olympic Game.:D

Phil C
09-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Why not PPHS! Hear Hear! :)

underware
09-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Naw........I still think NBA shouldn't be in the Olympics. Only amatures. The US shouldn't have to win everything. It was nice to see a few very small countries acually win a few medals.

kaorder1999
09-23-2004, 12:03 PM
the United States doesnt have to win everything? Last time I looked the USA wasnt even in the Gold Medal game at these last olympics WITH professionals. If the USA goes into every olympic games not wanting to win then what does that say about us. The Olympic Medal is a very prestigious and every athlete representing his or her country should have a goal to win a medal. If the US starts acting like its no big deal to win and doesnt strive for excellence then sooner or later going to the olympics will be a big joke.

I wouldnt want to be an athlete representing the US in an event KNOWING that there are other people not competing for our country that are better then me.

kaorder1999
09-23-2004, 12:04 PM
i want the US to win every medal available because of the pride I have in my country. I want other countries to know my country is better then theirs

venomous tat2
09-23-2004, 12:35 PM
I hate the idea or the thought that any country think they are better than us we are the greatest country in the world and should'nt settle for nothing less than the best . USA USA USA USA .