PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed - Best Wishes to All!

LogieJoeBean001
09-23-2004, 04:10 AM
I will not be able to attend my favorite team's game this week. I'll be in Galveston with my man taking care of him (No, I"m not gay, I really am a woman, lol!) He was in an automobile accident and was totally paralyzed from the neck down, but now has regained some movement in his legs and a little in both arms, but still no movement in his hands or fingers. His spinal cord is bruised in the neck area. Now, I just found out by reading the thread on here that Ivan may be coming close to Galveston! I haven't been able to be on-line because I've been at the hospital and just came home last night to get some rest, take care of my animals and take care of some business. Imagine my surprise to read about the storm. I haven't seen any T.V. either so I'm in total shock about the weather situation.

Anyone travelling this Friday, please be careful on your journies and may everyone return safely home. I wish good luck to all. I'll not be on here after this morning because I'll be returning to Galveston today, the sooner the better it looks like.

Take care everyone. I'll be back when I can.:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

HornetMom
09-23-2004, 08:31 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope his recovery continues on a positive track. Stay safe from Ivan.

Pudlugger
09-23-2004, 08:46 AM
My prayers go out to you both. The doctors at UTMB are terrific and your man should do very well. Hopefully he will recover all if not most of his function in time. He will need to undergo rehab and physical therapy and your support will greatly enhance his recovery. God bless. As for Ivan, here's hoping that stinker stalls off shore or just blows off to the East.

Bandera YaYa
09-23-2004, 05:15 PM
Yes, please stay safe ...and he's a lucky man to have you to care for and about him....i know you do it because you love him....I pray that he makes a full recovery....God Bless you both... :)

CHS_Grad '85
09-23-2004, 05:24 PM
So sorry to hear this... and of course I'd like to add my prayers for his 'full' recovery... be safe...

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 08:02 PM
I would like to copy and repeat all the above posts. All the best to you both. Be strong, and know that there are more prayers for you both than you could ever imagine! God Bless you both...

SINTON81
09-24-2004, 08:10 AM
I will be praying for you all.

mikecheck
09-24-2004, 08:18 AM
Keep praying and all will be well. With HIM we can have everything, without HIM we will have nothing.

BrahmaMom
09-24-2004, 08:37 AM
The power of prayer is an awesome thing. I add my prayers to those already going out for you. I am a caregiver to a chronically ill partner and I promise that God only gives you what you can handle. May He bless and keep you both in His loving care.