PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Question: Baby Back Ribs

intocable_cowboy
09-23-2004, 02:36 AM
getting off the subject of football for a sec, I've tried my hand a baby back ribs a couple times, although I can't complain about the results, I am constantly seeking new rub recipes. If anyone can wants to post thier bbq secerts I am listening.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-23-2004, 02:44 AM
have you tried texas wild sauce? ranger mom sent me a bottle of it in a care package, its some really good stuff.

intocable_cowboy
09-23-2004, 03:03 AM
Haven't tried, do you know where she gets it at?

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-23-2004, 03:16 AM
no clue, but sinton66 recommended to her to send it, so im thinkin its pretty common in the western hemisphere of texas:D

Ranger354
09-23-2004, 07:35 AM
I put season salt on mine and then a little of my favorite BBQ sauce about 30min before they come off. I cook mine 3 to 4 hours.

Junkyard
09-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Take your favorite rub and put it in a blender with a purple onion, a couple of cloves of garlic, about 6 or 7 jalepenos (without seeds), some jamaica jerk seasoning, a little molasses, a shot of tequila, the juice of one lime. Blend until it makes a kind of paste.

Lay your ribs out and sprinkle with McCormics Montreal steak seasoning on both sides then rub the paste into both sides real good. Wrap in foil for at least 24 hours the slow cook on a smoker at 200 to 220 for about 4- 5 hours.

They will be a little spicy but very tender.

ej2525
09-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Junkyard
Take your favorite rub and put it in a blender with a purple onion, a couple of cloves of garlic, about 6 or 7 jalepenos (without seeds), some jamaica jerk seasoning, a little molasses, a shot of tequila, the juice of one lime. Blend until it makes a kind of paste.

Lay your ribs out and sprinkle with McCormics Montreal steak seasoning on both sides then rub the paste into both sides real good. Wrap in foil for at least 24 hours the slow cook on a smoker at 200 to 220 for about 4- 5 hours.

That sounds good... I may have to try my hand at your concoction real soon.

Junkyard
09-23-2004, 08:23 AM
It is real good and you can control how hot you wnat them by the number of peppers you use.

Ranger354
09-23-2004, 09:31 AM
I personally don't like a bunch of sauce on my meat. When I go to a BBQ place I vary rarley use the sauces because I want to taste the meat and the smoke flavor. But I have eaten some that had to have sauce on them since they were so dry you could get it down. I don't like that honey (sweet) taste either.

Junkyard
09-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Ranger354
I personally don't like a bunch of sauce on my meat. When I go to a BBQ place I vary rarley use the sauces because I want to taste the meat and the smoke flavor. But I have eaten some that had to have sauce on them since they were so dry you could get it down. I don't like that honey (sweet) taste either.

I dont use much sauce either.

handNthedirt
09-23-2004, 09:39 AM
...add 1/2 cup of brown sugar to Junkyard's recipe and it should be an award winning rub!

Junkyard
09-23-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
...add 1/2 cup of brown sugar to Junkyard's recipe and it should be an award winning rub!

LOL Infact i have used brown sugar before the recipe changes a little each time i make them i just look in my spice cabinet and add stuff, justkind of play with it, but the base is usually pretty much the same.

handNthedirt
09-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Gettin' hungry thinkin' about bbq, and all I get to eat is the soy burgers our cafe serves up...DOH!!!!:doh:

Chris' Agent
09-23-2004, 10:30 AM
Had me some baby back ribs at a business luncheon yesterday...don't know what went in to making them taste that good but, boy I had sauce all over my Armani and I didn't even care...

SintonFan
09-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Junkyard

I agree with ej2525, that sounds very tasty and worth a try.