PDA

View Full Version : Weather For Friday

shankbear
09-22-2004, 08:49 PM
It looks like Ivan has looped back into the Gulf and may present a threat to the Texas gulf coast late Thursday through Friday. Heavy rains are expected as well as up to tropical storm strenght winds. Keep your eyes and ears open. And pray.

bccards
09-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Can you believe this mess? It went from Tropical Depression at 5pm to Tropical Storm at 7pm.. Hopefully it doesn't mess with our game against Jasper.. But Bridge City has been known to play Football in the midst of a Tropical Storm a few times before, latest vs. Beaumont Kelly @ Lamars Stadium.. Winds were blowing very stiff, rain coming down horizontally, and yet, we still played ball.. Boy was that a fun night!

Assuming the game does not get postponed (or cancelled all together) You folks from Jasper have a very safe trip down to Bridge City Friday evening, should the rain still be around!

Gobbla2001
09-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Whoa, kinda scary...

Cuero was ranked number 1 in 1988 when we played Sealy for the first time..... was in a hurricane... lost 9-8 or 9-6 or something (so I've heard)...

exbccards76'smom
09-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by bccards
Can you believe this mess? It went from Tropical Depression at 5pm to Tropical Storm at 7pm.. Hopefully it doesn't mess with our game against Jasper.. But Bridge City has been known to play Football in the midst of a Tropical Storm a few times before, latest vs. Beaumont Kelly @ Lamars Stadium.. Winds were blowing very stiff, rain coming down horizontally, and yet, we still played ball.. Boy was that a fun night!

Assuming the game does not get postponed (or cancelled all together) You folks from Jasper have a very safe trip down to Bridge City Friday evening, should the rain still be around!

I was at Lamar Stadium that night. The rain was coming down in sheets!! Weatherman says we might get between 5 and 10 inches of rain. Let's hope not.

j_dog
09-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Move the game to Jasper! :D

Bandera YaYa
09-22-2004, 10:32 PM
Well, I have been out to my monthly "Bunco" game tonite....so I haven't seen any weather reports.....do you think Bandera will see rain Friday???

Birdman
09-22-2004, 11:04 PM
Amazing - We will go from a month's worth of dust to mud in record time. Well, I'll take Ivan the second time around rather than his first rude arrival last week.

exbccards76'smom
09-23-2004, 07:44 AM
If it rains as much as it says it's going to, I don't know if we'll have a game or not. Just a little wet stuff isn't too bad, but lots of rain makes for terrible field conditions and lots of injuries sometimes. Right now, the highest probability of strike zone is between High Island and Cameron. Any way, BC is bound to get alot of the wet stuff.

duckbutter
09-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Lots of rain??? Sloppy, muddy field??? This game might be better than most people think.:thinking:

3afan
09-23-2004, 08:38 AM
PERFECT in north central Texas

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 08:45 AM
I think I will bring my boat!

Phil C
09-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Right now the weather prediction for Cuero for the Cuero vs Sinton game is possible thundershowers tomorrow night (40% chance). Hope it misses Cuero at least till the game is over.

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Yep...if it would wait until about 10-11 tomorrow night to hit any land, that would be great. http://kit.netpoets.net/cheer.gif

District303aPastPlayer
09-23-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Right now the weather prediction for Cuero for the Cuero vs Sinton game is possible thundershowers tomorrow night (40% chance). Hope it misses Cuero at least till the game is over.

i dont. . . mud is fun :)