PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: Possible Power Outages -- Tropical Storm Ivan

Administrator
09-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Just to let everyone know, Former Hurricane "IVAN" has reformed in the Gulf of Mexico, and is now a Tropical Depression, forecast to become a Tropical Storm again, and is expected to head to Southeast Texas Thursday Night/Friday Morning. Winds are expected to be around 40-50mph Friday this way, if the current forecast holds true. This could cause some power interruptions at our server location. There are still uncertainties that this storm will be able to get its act together again before making landfall around Sabine Pass/Galveston. We do have battery backup on the server, but won't last too terribly long..

Wanted to give everyone a heads up on the developing situation..

Gobbla2001
09-22-2004, 06:34 PM
My question is:

"What will they name it?"

"Ivan, the Saga Continues"?

Administrator
09-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
My question is:

"What will they name it?"

"Ivan, the Saga Continues"?

lol, no -- the storm is already CALLED Ivan again :eek: :eek: Basically, it made a loop over the Eastern United States, then decided to come back and give us Southeast Texans a taste of our "thank god it went to Florida" medicine..haha..

Gobbla2001
09-22-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Administrator
lol, no -- the storm is already CALLED Ivan again :eek: :eek: Basically, it made a loop over the Eastern United States, then decided to come back and give us Southeast Texans a taste of our "thank god it went to Florida" medicine..haha..

Man, I'm sorry guys, really am...

I was feeling sorry for Florida and prayed that it strike us before it did them again...

I'm not going to be nice anymore... Football in Texas is more important that football in Florida....

GO BACK! jk

Ray_BearKat
09-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Good going Gobbla, see what happens when you use your powers for good...they come back and bit ya in the.... :D

Bandera YaYa
09-22-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
Good going Gobbla, see what happens when you use your powers for good...they come back and bit ya in the.... :D Whoa, there!! Only the YaYa's have the "power"....and don't you forget it!! Gobbla wishes he was as powerful as the YaYa's!!!! :eek:

Gobbla2001
09-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Gobbla wishes he was as powerful as the YaYa's!!!! :eek:

Why would I want to downgrade? ;)

AggieJohn
09-22-2004, 11:45 PM
call it "Ivan it to hit somewhere else"

Bandera YaYa
09-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Why would I want to downgrade? ;) You consider the YaYa's a DOWNGRADE!!!!! Boy, now you have done it!!! I'll be sure and mention your name at the mighty oak tree.....and it won't be pretty!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

3afan
09-23-2004, 07:08 AM
Ivan :mad:

chaingang
09-23-2004, 07:47 AM
I live EXACTLY where it is supposed to be the worst! Go figure. When we go to Newton tommorrow for the game, I will just bring some lawn chair anchors.:D

exbccards76'smom
09-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Should we call it"Ivan, part deaux"? Or "Ivan, the sequel"? Anyway "Ivan, Ivan, go away, come back again SOME other day"!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

venomous tat2
09-23-2004, 08:49 AM
we could call it ivan does Texas chapter 2.

Chris' Agent
09-23-2004, 10:34 AM
How about..."Ivan to make Texas get all wet"...

exbccards76'smom
09-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Looks like it gonna landfall just to the Southwest of us at Sabine Pass. Considering I live just about a mile from the swamp, me thinks I should probably pick up and go visit my son tonight.

shankbear
09-23-2004, 01:21 PM
I sure hope old Ivan isn't carrying any Yankee germs with him. It is bad enough that he is blowing again but if he had West New York virus tagged on with him it would be a drag.

CHS_Grad '85
09-23-2004, 05:31 PM
:eek: WHAT!?!? Possibly no downlow... say it's not so... shue - Ivan go east - shue...

dawgmom
09-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Better yet, just fall apart. Give us this day the nice slow rain we need, not the flooding. Forgive us this day the terrible winds! (hey, its worth a try ;) )

Ranger Mom
09-23-2004, 09:18 PM
Some freak storm just blew through Greenwood. They suspended the freshman game in the 3rd quarter and we waited 45 minutes for the lightning to go away. All it did was encircle us, so they cancelled the rest of the games. On the way home it came a hard downpour.....and now it's all gone!

3afan2K3
09-23-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Some freak storm just blew through Greenwood. They suspended the freshman game in the 3rd quarter and we waited 45 minutes for the lightning to go away. All it did was encircle us, so they cancelled the rest of the games. On the way home it came a hard downpour.....and now it's all gone!
It's called a cold front.