PDA

View Full Version : With the realignment and all, Is 3A football competition watered down, compared to 03

cunbed10
09-22-2004, 03:22 PM
I heard a guy say that last year you had alot of schools in 3A that should've been 4A, therefore raising the question is the talent level watered down from last year because of it. I mean it did seem like the Bellville's, Burnet's, and the Gainsville squads were real #1 last year, but out of these 3 teams only one went 4A and Burnet didn't win state last year, so is this true I mean I don't feel the teams this year could stay on the field with the teams from last year, but that's due to the atheletes we had, not the realignment.:confused:

Matthew328
09-22-2004, 06:59 PM
I think that 3A is watered down some.....Class 3A lost 5 Top 15 teams to realignment....for you math majors that's 33%!!! Quite a large chunk.....Burnet, Everman, Forney, Celina and Newton....

Gobbla2001
09-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Yet, if most of those teams could whup whup whup most 3A teams, then the comp would be tougher, because now that 33% of the butt-whuppers are gone, the competition is more even, making it tougher...

Okay, it's flowin' out my butt now, maybe ha!

cunbed10
09-24-2004, 08:11 AM
Yeah! it does have alot to do with realignment, but I don't think we have the atheletes we had in 03'

75swole
09-24-2004, 08:37 AM
i dont think it is watered down. i think that even thought 33 % left all of the ohter teams are stepping it up this year. just look at most tams stats from last yar compard to this year. there is still some great competiton going on.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-24-2004, 08:39 AM
it may be that its a little more watered down, but that also puts everyone on an "even" playing field. it could also be attributed to the fact that alot of your traditional power houses have grown out of the 3A bracket which is allowing new teams to step up and take the role of being the best there is. take decatur for instance, a few years ago they were a fairly average team. today they are ranked high in the polls, and IMHO they are the best team in the state. all becasue the teams like forney and everman have moved up to 4A.

Hupernikomen
09-24-2004, 08:41 AM
well they gained WO-S, Columbia, Palenstine, and Silsbee just from around here, and these teams seem to have added to the level of competition. Plus with Newton losing to Anahuac this year shouldn't that indicate that losing them this year wasn't a huge hit or our best teams. Newton is a bit down and will fair much better in 2A than they would have in 3A.

Old Green
09-24-2004, 09:21 AM
I don't think 3a is watered down because teams have moved up because of realignment.

Every year the teams are different because of graduation. Sure a larger school will have more athletes to pick from but sooner or later the talent pool will become average and a smaller school will have some outstanding kids who will be the powerhouses even if the larger schools do not move up in class. IMO

scrub c
09-24-2004, 10:59 AM
you are kidding right?

watered down?

The only "watering down" is taking 3 teams to the playoffs. Then the playoffs are watered down. Not 3a competition in general.

Maybe I dont understand the point you are trying to make.