PDA

View Full Version : trying to help clyde

tomlandry
09-22-2004, 11:05 AM
for the people that see clyde play. what do you think they need to do to get things turned around?

redraider
09-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Scrap the one back. Not good enough at it. Line up and play smash mouth. They can do that. Look back at Wylie 2003, caught the Bulldogs off guard and shocked the district. Hands down to Wylie to come back and sweep the district after that loss.

DOGFAN
09-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Visualize Wylie jerseys on your opponent no matter who they are.

J-Kwon
09-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Clyde doesn't run the one back offense, they run mostly out of the I and some shotgun 2 back sets. They have to get their line to play better if they want a chance to win. 50 yards rushing a game isn't going to cut it.

sirhc11
09-22-2004, 08:36 PM
I think Clyde can have a good offense if they would just play within their ability. When I was was them against Brady it was as if every series they tried the long ball, and they just dont have the speed for that all the time. Sure every now and then they might throw one deep, but not every series. They need to focus on the flats and 15 yard passes. Their running game has potential also it just hasnt formed all the way yet.

renegade*dawg
09-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by sirhc11
I think Clyde can have a good offense if they would just play within their ability. When I was was them against Brady it was as if every series they tried the long ball, and they just dont have the speed for that all the time. Sure every now and then they might throw one deep, but not every series. They need to focus on the flats and 15 yard passes. Their running game has potential also it just hasnt formed all the way yet.

very good point

renegade*dawg
09-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by DOGFAN
Visualize Wylie jerseys on your opponent no matter who they are.

lol.
that might just do it.

tomlandry
09-23-2004, 11:51 AM
ok this what i think. run more traps with the slot back and when you throw go for the 7-10 yard out. and a few slants 3 step drop and throw. try a few screens and it should open the running game. quick hitters at the line when they run. and more passes to the TE. good luck fri. night .

Blk&Gold4ever
09-23-2004, 11:56 AM
score touchdowns

BulldogsWR20
09-23-2004, 01:35 PM
I think more of a passing game would make our team more successful, we have good athletes in the receiver positions and i feel we have some playmakers out there also.

BulldogsWR20
09-23-2004, 01:44 PM
Also, i think basing alot of are offense around one central player is a big part of why we haven't got any offense going yet... but i hope it will all work out for us in the end.

sirhc11
09-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by BulldogsWR20
Also, i think basing alot of are offense around one central player is a big part of why we haven't got any offense going yet... but i hope it will all work out for us in the end.

Clyde's already passes a lot as it is. They need to slow the game down and just play TOP. They need to run around the tackle for about 3 to 4 yards. Then when the other team's d stacks the box hit them with the short pass to the tight end or FB. Occasionally they can hit the long slant to the receiver's across the middle.

BulldogsWR20
09-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Sirhc, yea we throw the ball but usually not untill the end of the halfs when we are trailing. And when we do that we usually gain quite a bit of yardage. I just think that our passing game should be included more into our running offfense.