PDA

View Full Version : Would This Work?

PPHSfan
09-22-2004, 08:55 AM
If everyone in the world were given ONE FREE MURDER would the world be a friendlier place to live?

One Free Murder where you could not be tried or convicted. Just ONE.

Now think about it for a minute.

Everyone you meet in day to day life, you don't have any way of knowing if they have used their free murder yet.

Now factor in the free avenging murders from friends and family.

I heard this suggested somewhere and I am beginning to think everyone would be nice to everyone if this were the case.

Thoughts?

44INAROW
09-22-2004, 09:02 AM
I think my attitude would be adjusted accordingly. You just never know if the person you make mad is one that is just waiting to kill someone that day. Definite "food for thought".

HighSchool Fan
09-22-2004, 09:03 AM
My question is, how can you narrow it down to just one? Could you buy someone else's?:devil:

Cameronbystander
09-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Speaking as a high school football official, I don't think this would work at all. I see too much murder in the eyes of parents and fans now. If they could do what they were thinking, there would be no Texas high school football because there would be no officials.

44INAROW
09-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
My question is, how can you narrow it down to just one? Could you buy someone else's?:devil:

lol I can see a whole new "black market" created - murder pimping. :rolleyes:

TheDOCTORdre
09-22-2004, 09:06 AM
It would cause a chain reaction u kill someone their friends or family seek revenge and can kill u and before u know it everyones seekin revenge and everyones dead, could be fun to see which downlow member would live the longest and post the last post

mikecheck
09-22-2004, 09:07 AM
And what would that last post say or look like???

PPHSfan
09-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
It would cause a chain reaction u kill someone their friends or family seek revenge and can kill u and before u know it everyones seekin revenge and everyones dead, could be fun to see which downlow member would live the longest and post the last post

But don't you see. That is the point. If everyone knew the consequences, then wouldn't we all act different. It would be kinda like the Cold War. Nobody could win, but everybody would lose.

3afan
09-22-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
If everyone in the world were given ONE FREE MURDER would the world be a friendlier place to live?

One Free Murder where you could not be tried or convicted. Just ONE.

Now think about it for a minute.

Everyone you meet in day to day life, you don't have any way of knowing if they have used their free murder yet.

Now factor in the free avenging murders from friends and family.

I heard this suggested somewhere and I am beginning to think everyone would be nice to everyone if this were the case.

Thoughts?

if it makes you nice, then I'm all for it ....

PPHSfan
09-22-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
if it makes you nice, then I'm all for it ....

When have you ever know me to be anything but nice?

3afan
09-22-2004, 09:17 AM
uhhh, YEAH :eek:

well, sometimes :thinking:

hmmm, maybe :confused:

hell, I don't know ........... :rolleyes:

shankbear
09-22-2004, 09:19 AM
but wait...I would lose a great part on my income if the "one free murder" rule was in place. What bout a "one free b****slapping rule instead.

Keith7
09-22-2004, 12:44 PM
sounds like everyone would be living in fear... :thinking: not the kinda place i would wnat to live in.. even though mine woulda already been used

shellman54
09-22-2004, 12:48 PM
in essence, it would reduce the worlds population in exactly one half, right?

Keith7
09-22-2004, 12:50 PM
I would start an army of chinese people and have them use all there 1 kills to take over france and turn it in to a respectable country

BlueBlood
09-22-2004, 12:54 PM
I would be a sweet little angel. However, you wouldn't have any coaches in this world--which means no football, etc.

raider red 2000
09-22-2004, 12:55 PM
what if two people want to get rid of the same person?

do you get to know that you are unwanted first?

do you only get one free one for your entire life?

can they be willed to other people? if i am killed, can my brother have mine to use and also use his for his choosing?