PDA

View Full Version : My Newton/WOS prediction

Gsquared
09-22-2004, 06:29 AM
Since Orange has a McDonalds and a Jack n the Box, and a Sonic (I think) and all I can remember from my trip to Newton last year is a Family Dollar, I am going to have to pick West Orange Stark. A McDonalds always out does a dollar store. Check my formula for this. See Gainesville last year. They have a McDonalds, a Sonic, a Wendys and a few other places. They won it last year. This being said, if Newton suprises me with a blow up tunnel this time, and its bigger than WOS tunnel then I reserve the right to change my pick to Newton by 8

3afan
09-22-2004, 06:44 AM
very sound logic .....

Gsquared
09-22-2004, 07:10 AM
Its a variation of the tried and true formula that The Harris Ratings use

spiveyrat
09-22-2004, 07:15 AM
Rock, paper, scissors???

Don't forget, Gainesville has a Whataburger too!

GS#17
09-22-2004, 07:34 AM
Dude, we're poised to win it all then! We have not one, but two Sonics in Orange; three McDonalds; a Wendy's; a DQ; a Jack in the Box; a Whataburger; and a Taco Bell. We may run into problems when we face Cen-Tex teams, though, as we don't have a Taco Cabana; however, I really believe the fact we have a Wienerschnitzel may be enough to push us over the top.

Gsquared
09-22-2004, 07:42 AM
Man, a Wienerschnitzel is dangerous. You guys should beat South Lake Carroll. Id schedule them before they get one too.

Old No. 7
09-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by GS#17
Dude, we're poised to win it all then! We have not one, but two Sonics in Orange; three McDonalds; a Wendy's; a DQ; a Jack in the Box; a Whataburger; and a Taco Bell. We may run into problems when we face Cen-Tex teams, though, as we don't have a Taco Cabana; however, I really believe the fact we have a Wienerschnitzel may be enough to push us over the top.

LOL :clap: :clap: :D

chaingang
09-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by GS#17

You forget, We have 3 sonics ( so we are in shape). We also have Novroskys Hamburgers( great homemade burgers, small franchise), Buger Kind (shut down because they were selling drugs through the drive through) at least thats the word on the street, not one but 2 Wendys(to keep the kids hyper with frosties), Cici's Pizza, Mazzios Pizza, etc( allows them to stay home to eat so they can watch film) Oh and a Burger Chef......j/k:clap: :D

PPHSfan
09-22-2004, 08:49 AM
The problem you run into if you meet Gainesville in the playoffs is their ace up the sleeve.

They have a Wal-Mart

HighSchool Fan
09-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Not just a Wal-Mart, a SUPER WAL-MART.

Backwoods
09-22-2004, 08:58 AM
You know, there may be a big problem playing there next year. Us Newton fans may still be trying to make up our minds where to eat before the game at kickoff time. Wow, big cities.:D :thinking: :eek:

chaingang
09-22-2004, 09:00 AM
Yeah, well we have a Super Wall-Mart, a Goody's, Big Lots, Bealls, Palais Royal, Sears, HOME DEPOT Ooooooooooooh, and three dollar generals.:D

chaingang
09-22-2004, 09:01 AM
Oh, and a HEB and KROGERS:D

Cat22
09-22-2004, 09:01 AM
Since Orange has a Home Depot, I'll give the edge to them.

chaingang
09-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Holy Shmolly I just realized I was over 200 posts.:clap:

PPHSfan
09-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
Yeah, well we have a Super Wall-Mart, a Goody's, Big Lots, Bealls, Palais Royal, Sears, HOME DEPOT Ooooooooooooh, and three dollar generals.:D

That is so weird having all of that and playing 3A football.

Most of us have a Dairy Queen and a Grocery Store. And maybe a dry cleaners.

chaingang
09-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Cat22
Since Orange has a Home Depot, I'll give the edge to them.

Dont be sad, Orangefield has a................ K-Dans:clap:

Cat22
09-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Dont be sad, Orangefield has a................ K-Dans:clap:
Hey we have a Subway now too and Bayou-A-Pizza and Burger Town. We're moving up. ;)

chaingang
09-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
That is so weird having all of that and playing 3A football.

Most of us have a Dairy Queen and a Grocery Store. And maybe a dry cleaners.

We also have three highscools in Orange. West Orange- Stark, Little Cypress- Mauriceville (4A) and Orangfield. One private highschool - Community Christian.

chaingang
09-22-2004, 09:08 AM
We also have three highscools in Orange. West Orange- Stark, Little Cypress- Mauriceville (4A) and Orangfield. One private highschool - Community Christian.

Most Lcm and Orangefield people willl say that they are not in Orange, but they are anexxed and in the city limits.:D

Gsquared
09-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Ill give the state championship to the first town claiming to still have a K Bobs or Sizzlin. Sulpher Springs has a K Bobs I think

PPHSfan
09-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Ill give the state championship to the first town claiming to still have a K Bobs or Sizzlin. Sulpher Springs has a K Bobs I think

I think Greenville has a Sizzler, does that count?

dawgmom
09-22-2004, 09:51 AM
But noone except Jasper has a Hamburger Depot or Billy's BBQ!!! We also have Popeyes! And, CEDAR TREE!

Gsquared
09-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by dawgmom
But noone except Jasper has a Hamburger Depot or Billy's BBQ!!! We also have Popeyes! And, CEDAR TREE!
Dawgmom, thats enough to at least get ya to the quarter finals!

dawgmom
09-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Cedar Tree's Seafood Buffet should get us to the finals this year!

bccards
09-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Cat22
Hey we have a Subway now too and Bayou-A-Pizza and Burger Town. We're moving up. ;)

And 3 of the 4 places you mentioned are better than anything in Bridge City or Orange! Burger Town is just EXCELLENT! I miss them in Bridge City, but I take the drive down 1442 often to pick up some of those good burg...... well hell, EVERYTHING there is excellent!

bccards
09-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Most Lcm and Orangefield people willl say that they are not in Orange, but they are anexxed and in the city limits.:D

I thought that Orange only ANNEXED highway 105? I don't think they annexed any property?

WOS92
09-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Make that TWO DQs! And more stoplights than you can count :) Believe it or not, it's no longer news when we get a new one!:eek:

WOS Mustang
09-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Don't forget, 2 Market Baskets (which makes 5 large grocery stores in all) 2 Pizza Huts, and a Mazzio's. 2 Eckerd's, Walgreens, and they are supposedly seriously considering building a Red Lobster where the old Luby's used to be.

BlueBlood
09-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Well, I guess that does it. BH could not beat WOS. Unless, our jet ski store (with pond), first class recreational facility with golf course, and really nice city hall pulls some weight. We have a McDonalds, Sonic, Jack in the Box, DQ, one big grocery store, IHOP, Popeyes, and three subways.

Cat22
09-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by bccards
I thought that Orange only ANNEXED highway 105? I don't think they annexed any property?

That's right, it's only 105 and not any property, but they did annex the property on I-10 in McLewis around Hwy 62. That area is growing fast, so the City of Orange wanted a piece of the pie.

EAGLETOWN
09-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Mickey D's, Burger King , Sonic, don't me nothing.:hand:

Those are kiddie playgrounds.

We got an Iguana Joe's on the Hill, can ya beat that!

:clap: *State Bound Baby*:clap:

WOS92
09-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Well, I guess that does it. BH could not beat WOS. Unless, our jet ski store (with pond), first class recreational facility with golf course, and really nice city hall pulls some weight. We have a McDonalds, Sonic, Jack in the Box, DQ, one big grocery store, IHOP, Popeyes, and three subways.

Sorry, Muchacho. I'll see your jet ski store, your golf course (and raise it by one), your nice city hall AND raise you one fully accredited college. The only thing you have us on is the IHOP, but we have a few Waffle Houses to take up the slack.:D

Supertilley
09-22-2004, 01:04 PM
don't forget the iron skillet, spanky's, and last but not least. The air boat swamp tours w/ gator feedings.

Chain Gang.....FYI Couminty Christian closed down.

WOS1
09-22-2004, 01:09 PM
They didn't close down, just moved locations.

Gsquared
09-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Supertilley
don't forget the iron skillet, spanky's, and last but not least. The air boat swamp tours w/ gator feedings.

Chain Gang.....FYI Couminty Christian closed down.
Iron Skillets rock!

scrub c
09-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Iguana Joe's is the shizz!

Gsquared
09-22-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Iguana Joe's is the shizz!
Never have eaten there, what is it?

Backwoods
09-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Dawgmom. The Hamburger Depot ought to get y'all to the Super Bowl. Shame visiting fans can't enjoy it due to their hours. mmmm
mmm:clap:

dawgmom
09-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Sounds good Backwoods! I wish they had more convenient hours also!

GS#17
09-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Bridge City fans, is the Yellow Rose BBQ still open? Outside of JB's, that place has some of the best BBQ in the county.

D. R. Hooks
09-23-2004, 02:55 AM
Do we get credit for the Sambo's/ Butcher Block turned doctor's office across the street from Bridge City Bank of Orange?:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-23-2004, 03:34 AM
how do you think lake worth will do, according to these asinine standards of ranking, we have a burger king, 2 mcdonalds, sonic, applebees, long john silvers, 2 hotels, albertsons, brookshires, a few dollar stores, braums, whataburger, mascots deli and sandwhich shop, blockbuster, taco bueno, taco bell, taco casa, wal-mart super center, metro food outlet, a movie theatre, you know i cant name everything in lake worth but that may be almost half of the stores in LW.

Gsquared
09-23-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
how do you think lake worth will do, according to these asinine standards of ranking, we have a burger king, 2 mcdonalds, sonic, applebees, long john silvers, 2 hotels, albertsons, brookshires, a few dollar stores, braums, whataburger, mascots deli and sandwhich shop, blockbuster, taco bueno, taco bell, taco casa, wal-mart super center, metro food outlet, a movie theatre, you know i cant name everything in lake worth but that may be almost half of the stores in LW.
Since you called my formula ASININE, Lake Worth will be the doormat in your district. Applebees makes any of the fast food restraunts loose their value. :rolleyes:

3afan
09-23-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
.... these asinine standards of ranking......

wow, keep in mind these posts are all in fun and an attempt to get one's post count as high as possible

3afan
09-23-2004, 06:14 AM
oh, and WOS wins this one cuz they're the better team, regardless of the DQ count ...

spiveyrat
09-23-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by dawgmom

Don't forget LOWE'S!

Gsquared
09-23-2004, 07:16 AM
Lowes or Home Depot will throw you over the top for sure.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2004, 07:17 AM
Good gosh! I guess we get nowhere, then. We have a Subway. There are actually a number of fine restaurants here, but no franchise names. No DQ, no grocery store (to speak of), no Wal-Mart.... :weeping: If we get to count Cedar Park, then we should win it all.

chaingang
09-23-2004, 08:03 AM
No DQ or Wal-Mart? Is LH the armpit of Texas? People starving in Etheopia at least has a Wal-Mart. Yall will compete with 1A schools though. Well some 1A schools atleast have a DQ:doh: :D

PPHSfan
09-23-2004, 08:17 AM
I think you would be very surprised at the small number of 3a schools that have a wal-mart in town. When you throw in a Lowes or a Home Depot the lists grows smaller. WO-S may have more "big city" outlets than anyone in 3a and most of 4a.

44INAROW
09-23-2004, 08:29 AM
I think this thread wins the "all around good feeling" thread of the week.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

chaingang
09-23-2004, 08:35 AM
PP, Orange is a very nice city. We are not that small. The reason we have all this(IMO) is because its a little metroplex in a way. We have alot of people in the "Greater" Orange area. The 3 highschools are placed within or around the city. Its a very fun place to live (fish , hunt, beach ect.) the only thing is the humidity, and it rains amost every day during the summer.

chaingang
09-23-2004, 09:02 AM
We are getting bigger also. There are many corporate franchise places coming to Orange. We are building a brandnew CVS pharmacy as we speak. Through the grapevine ( I have inside conections) we maybe getting a Lowes, Applebees, Red Lobster(Looking good), We are also building a small entertainment complex on the Sabine river.

2futurecard'smom
09-23-2004, 09:15 AM
GS, YEP, THE YELLOW ROSE IS STILL HERE IN BRIDGE CITY AND UMMMMMMMM IS IT GOOD BBQ!