PDA

View Full Version : 3a Region 1

Johnny Utah
09-21-2004, 10:10 AM
How are the district races looking??? Perryton, Canyon??? Snyder, Wylie, and Sweetwater??? Lubbock Cooper??? Comanche, Glen Rose, Hillsboro???

tmac
09-21-2004, 10:40 AM
7 3a is lookin a little 1 sided with d town

tomlandry
09-21-2004, 10:50 AM
(wylie in) snyder,sweetwater,merkel fight for other 2 spots. clyde will be in the mix as a upset some where.

PPHSfan
09-21-2004, 10:51 AM
District has not started yet has it?

ranger
09-21-2004, 11:25 AM
district 1-AAA is a tight race right now! We're all tied for first place.

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by tomlandry
(wylie in) snyder,sweetwater,merkel fight for other 2 spots. clyde will be in the mix as a upset some where.

sweetwater wylie snyder in that order merkel and clyde no disrespect but not a factor

mustang04
09-21-2004, 11:32 AM
good call dre, it will be a really tight fight tho, but thats the order i agree with

DOGFAN
09-21-2004, 07:23 PM
1 Wylie
2 Snyder
3 Sweetwater

9 Merkel

15 Clyde

I couldn't help it I'm sick of hearing about Clyde and Merkel

VWG
09-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Decatur and Gainesville will rule their district.
4-3A will be tough. All of the teams in that district look to be very competitive, but I've got to give Wylie and Sweetwater the nod for the top two spots. I think that Merkel and Snyder will fight it out for third. The way Snyder has been playing so far, they could win that district.
5-3A is also a good fight. Breckenridge seems to be much improved from last year. Every team in the district has a winning record, except for Vernon at 2-2 and Wichita Falls Hirschi is 0-4.
Iowa Park is undefeated, Graham is at 3-1, and the Bucks are undefeated. For the past few years it's always been Graham, Vernon and Iowa Park for the playoff spots. You could see Breckenridge sneak in there if they are for real.
Canyon is looking strong so far and that district should boil down to them and Perryton.
I haven't been following the rest of the region as close as I have the teams that are mentioned, so Monahans, Muleshoe, Greenwood, etc..... I can't say for sure who will come out in the other districts.

Redman
09-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by DOGFAN
1 Wylie
2 Snyder
3 Sweetwater

9 Merkel

15 Clyde

I couldn't help it I'm sick of hearing about Clyde and Merkel

Too bad heres more on Clyde and Merkel. Get over it.

1. Sweetwater
2. Wylie
3. Snyder

All three teams will have to play Clyde and Merkel their best games. Don't look past these two teams, they have enough talent and want to win that they may surprise somebody???:D

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Redman

1. Sweetwater
2. Wylie
3. Snyder

All three teams will have to play Clyde and Merkel their best games. Don't look past these two teams, they have enough talent and want to win that they may surprise somebody???:D

I stand corrected when I said Clyde and Merkel not a factor they will upset someone I meant they wont copmete for a playoff spot

tomlandry
09-22-2004, 10:59 AM
is the wylie-sweetwater game at wylie or sweetwater? i'll take the home team. in a close one and when do they play?

TheDOCTORdre
09-22-2004, 01:16 PM
october 8th at wylie district opener

DOGFAN
09-22-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Redman

1. Sweetwater
2. Wylie
3. Snyder

Good advice. I honestly am glad to see some confident talk from Clyde and Merkel aside from "wait till basketball season." Wylie has to be the favorite this year though. They won't overlook any district opponent this time around.

Redman
09-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by DOGFAN
Good advice. I honestly am glad to see some confident talk from Clyde and Merkel aside from "wait till basketball season." Wylie has to be the favorite this year though. They won't overlook any district opponent this time around.

No they can't this time around. 4-3a is going to be a fun district to watch and keep up with. Look forward to Wylie vs Sweetwater game. Merkel has an open night and this game will most likely choose 1st and 2nd place in distict race. Great game to go see.