PDA

View Full Version : Texas HS BaseballMagazine-A valient attempt!

Old Cardinal
01-30-2003, 10:01 AM
I had an opportunity to sit down and chat with Larry Bodin, Editor of the Texas High School Baseball Magazine. It is a quality top flight publication that has been out for two years. We talked of the mistakes found occasionally on the website and in the magazine. Doug Recio, Publisher and Larry Bodin Editor are very interested in folks that follow Texas HS baseball sending them info on HS schedules, special events, scores,opinions, etc: I would like to ask everyone with an interest in HS baseball to forward e-mail to Larry at larrybodin@msn.com The subscription price is $24.95 and includes shipping and handling. Send to: THSB Magazine, Post Office Box 312050, New Braunfels, Texas 78131-2050 or call 1-800-532-1546....These guys are making a great effort to provide top quality coverage of Texas HS Baseball and really need our support....I contacted Larry about some errors that I found in their Magazine and he was quick to say that it is hard for two men to try to follow all classifications of HS baseball, so I told him that many of the 3A down low folks would be glad to forward accurate info on their teams progress and their District happenings. He had not heard of 3A down low, but was going home an joining us- via internet.

<small>[ January 30, 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Phil C
01-30-2003, 10:23 AM
That is great news Old Cardinal!! I will be subscribing as soon as I get paid :) . I don't know much about other teams other than the Sinton Pirates but will be glad to keep them informed as I am sure the other Sinton fans will too. I am delighted that someone is trying to do this for Texas high school baseball. I wish someone could do it for Texas high school softball and basketball and other sports but know time and expenses limit it.

Old Cardinal
01-30-2003, 11:43 AM
Phil C: I know Larry and Doug will appreciate every effort you can make to keep them informed about your area. Also, Give Larry your phone # when you e-mail him, he has some promotionals for your Booster Club etc:...Yes, part of our discussion was their plans to expand and cover Texas Girls Softball(Select teams and HS). They are in the start up mode, and can use every subscriber they can get to make this bold effort fly. Larry has 30 years experience as a sportswriter and Doug Recio has been a Baseball HS Coach for many years. I have been a gathering correspondent for Girls Softball for a short period of time, and am excited about the possibility of a viable coverage on HS Baseball and HS Softball. Let's help them make this program a sucess.

9's Mom
02-02-2003, 12:00 AM
At our house there is a fight over who gets to read the magazine first! They do a great job and produce a professional product. Anyone that loves high school baseball should be a subscriber. They also have a website THSBmag.com
You can order the magazine there.