PDA

View Full Version : Hey RangerMom!

Greenwood Teach
09-20-2004, 10:53 PM
What did you think of Colton Friday night? He was a tough little guy even when he was in kindergarten!

Ranger Mom
09-20-2004, 10:57 PM
You can tell he is getting more and more comfortable with every snap...I am proud of him!:clap:

I sat close to his dad and Dawson...dad was calm, cool and collected behind that video camera....Dawson was making me a nervous wreck though!!:D

Greenwood Teach
09-20-2004, 11:00 PM
That's probably the reason that Johnny was behind the video camera! He was hiding!

Ranger05
09-20-2004, 11:00 PM
did dawson get red shirted at new mexico state

Ranger Mom
09-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
did dawson get red shirted at new mexico state

I don't really understand all that "red-shirt" business....but he doesn't start NMSU until January...if that answers your question!

Ranger Mom
09-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Greenwood Teach
That's probably the reason that Johnny was behind the video camera! He was hiding!

That could very well be true. Someone told me to video my son riding bulls cause it makes it "less real"!!

Ranger05
09-20-2004, 11:03 PM
yea thats all i needed to know sorry about that one thread earlier i have a short fuse when it comes to somethings

Greenwood Teach
09-20-2004, 11:05 PM
Okay, now I'll admit it. I didn't know what the red shirt thing meant either.

Ranger05
09-20-2004, 11:07 PM
u can only red shirt freshmen which means that if there redshirted when they come back next fall for football they will still be a freshmen pretty much they get to keep a year of eligibility coaches use it either when a players not ready to play or they know they wont play any in a season if they play in one game then they lose there redshirt

wildstangs
09-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Redshirt is what happens to most college freshman. They come in, practice with the team, learn the system. They dont play a down the whole year though. If they do this, they still have 4 years left to play after the redshirt year. Most freshman arent ready to play with the big boys, so this helps a great deal. Of course there are exceptions....Cedric Benson played his first year at UT.

Ranger Mom
09-20-2004, 11:12 PM
If he's not starting til January though...he's missed this season of practice anyway...hasn't he?

Green Ranger
09-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Actually Dawson has been given a Grey Shirt which is basically a medical red shirt. He will attend this January and will start next football season. If I remember correctly from when I talked to him he will not be a kicker or a quarterback but I am thinking a safety or corner. This young man is truely an awesome young man to come back from what he did considering it should have never happened. I wish him the best of luck.