PDA

View Full Version : UT and A&M

DawgFan91
09-20-2004, 09:46 PM
I would love some feedback from some alumni, but it seems to me that Aggies have a hatred for UT that isn't totally reciprocated.

I didn't attend either school, but I grew up a Longhorn fan. I never really rooted against the Aggies unless it was against UT. I have co-workers that are Aggies and they would root for OU or Miami v. Texas and I have co-workers who are UT grads and they always root for A&M against OU at least and are indifferent when A&M is playing most other teams.

Maybe the OU comparison is a bad one due to the last few meetings with UT and OU, but regardless, I'd like to hear some other opinions.

JasperDog94
09-20-2004, 09:50 PM
I root for A&M when they are playing somebody out of state.

Bulldog_12
09-20-2004, 09:53 PM
A lot of the trouble is in high school, people are severely divided on this subject and a lot of UT KIDS, emphasis on kids, call aggies stupid and Aggie KIDS say UT is stupid and its constant bickering. So its probably just kids.

big daddy russ
09-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Heck, I want to see UT kick the crap out of all those border jumpers. I'll root for any in-state team unless they're playing Auburn.

DawgFan91
09-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
A lot of the trouble is in high school, people are severely divided on this subject and a lot of UT KIDS, emphasis on kids, call aggies stupid and Aggie KIDS say UT is stupid and its constant bickering. So its probably just kids.

No, what I am talking about are actual A&M grads. Ex: My boss is an Aggie and he would root for the Barry Switzer Sooners to beat the Longhorns.

Bulldog_12
09-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Exactly, I really want tu to beat ou and osu and any other team, just not us. Whoop! :thumbsup: :D

3afan
09-20-2004, 10:00 PM
... tu ...

:rolleyes: ..................................... :D

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by DawgFan91
No, what I am talking about are actual A&M grads. Ex: My boss is an Aggie and he would root for the Barry Switzer Sooners to beat the Longhorns.

I know what you're talking about and most fans of any of the Texas schools would root for the other Texas school when playing out-of-state. I do know for a fact that there are UT bleeding orange fans who will root for anyone but A&M. It goes both ways. Me? I'll root for anyone that will make Tech look better. Okay, maybe not OU...

Bulldog_12
09-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech had a heck of a game the other night. I really dont see how TCU let that lead slip away and then lose by that much. But still , great game tech.

LH Panther Mom
Originally posted by 3afan
:rolleyes: ..................................... :D

My mom still calls it TU, when she's not saying tea-sips. :D

Bulldog_12
ha ha tea-sips. Whoop!

JasperDog94
09-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
My mom still calls it TU, when she's not saying tea-sips. :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2004, 10:29 PM
Sorry, JD94, she's close to 70, from West Texas & that's what she grew up with.

KTJ
09-20-2004, 10:37 PM
The true rival of Texas is OU. Any Longhorn will tell you that.

Do we hate Aggy? Nah, not really. We consider them the same as Tech--a team in Texas that we should beat in any and everything, all the time.

I think lately, the rivalry between Tech and Aggy has gotten really hot. I was asking my Tech freinds the other day about this same topic and they all said how they know Tech isn't at UT's level--academically or athletically right now but feel they can compete. But as far as Tech and Aggy go, they all stated how they belive Tech has surpassed Aggy and it's got A&M upset.

I found that interesting.

AggieJohn
09-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Well of course tech is going to want to rival A&M

A&M and TU will always be a rivalry, the last few years Texas has been more athletic, but we were more athletic in the early nineties....It's going to swing both ways, and no matter how much they want to deny it, Texas want's to beat the crap out of A&M, they can't get over how much of a pest we are to their overall plan of dominating sports period....

Tech hates the fact that they pour so much into their athletic program and they can't get a rival in-state...they so desperately want it to be A&M because they have beat A&M once or twice in the last few years....they think they can alter it...they won't their the red headed step child of the state....

KTJ
09-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Explain more "athletic" because when I hear that I am thinking in overall sports. If that's the case, Texas has always (and I do mean always) been on top of A&M.

But if you're just talking football, then yeah, I'd agree with you there. Aggy owned Texas in the early and mid 90's.
:D

big daddy russ
09-21-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
The true rival of Texas is OU. Any Longhorn will tell you that.

Ahhhh, the young 'uns and their media rivalries.

Phil C
09-21-2004, 08:56 AM
The only thing I would complain about both schools is that the students should better support the soccer girls program. They need to have more of them in the stands when they play because both schools have outstanding soccer teams. Aggies and Longhorns shame on you!

AggieJohn
09-22-2004, 01:53 AM
i'll have you know Phil C that we are busting through previous records this year

try this link out here (http://www.aggieathletics.com/index_full.php?pageID=899&SID=WSO)

we have the top 4 all time attendances, in fact one game this year at home beats the first year's whole attendance for 1994

During the texas game they were putting people in the complex stands right next door because they couldn't fit anymore people in

MtnAg
09-22-2004, 07:57 AM
I would love some feedback from some alumni, but it seems to me that Aggies have a hatred for UT that isn't totally reciprocated.

I didn't attend either school, but I grew up a Longhorn fan. I never really rooted against the Aggies unless it was against UT. I have co-workers that are Aggies and they would root for OU or Miami v. Texas and I have co-workers who are UT grads and they always root for A&M against OU at least and are indifferent when A&M is playing most other teams.

Maybe the OU comparison is a bad one due to the last few meetings with UT and OU, but regardless, I'd like to hear some other opinions.

MtnAg
09-22-2004, 07:58 AM
What can you say its a rivarly. My take is yes A&M really loves to BTHO texas and I know it dosnt happen all the time or hasnt happened in quite a while. But I dont think that I would call it hatred.

On the other hand you dont see alot of Aggie alumni downing texas on this board but you see alot of texas supporters ragging on A&M every chance they get. That is what I really dont understand.

When I attend a new school and they find out that Im a Aggie I get the usual. yall suck! WHat really bothers me is when people give me hell and they didnt even go to texas. We allways hear Aggie jokes and people make fun of our school so my take is that we must be doing something right. I used to even give extra credit for any student that could tell a good clean Aggie joke at the beginning of class.

Yes we support our school and allways will but you want hear many of the alumni saying texas sucks or that we hate them, but you will get the occassional BTHO texas!

Gig'em

KTJ
09-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Ahhhh, the young 'uns and their media rivalries.

Media rivalry?

Panther Ross
09-22-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by explayer2001
Well of course tech is going to want to rival A&M

A&M and TU will always be a rivalry, the last few years Texas has been more athletic, but we were more athletic in the early nineties....It's going to swing both ways, and no matter how much they want to deny it, Texas want's to beat the crap out of A&M, they can't get over how much of a pest we are to their overall plan of dominating sports period....

Tech hates the fact that they pour so much into their athletic program and they can't get a rival in-state...they so desperately want it to be A&M because they have beat A&M once or twice in the last few years....they think they can alter it...they won't their the red headed step child of the state....

We were more talented in 98 also when we won the Big 12, aggies should have won the title but SLOCUM did not know what he was doing.

briefcase
09-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Once or twice? They have dominated ATM lately.

IHStangFan
09-22-2004, 11:53 AM

Maybe the OU comparison is a bad one due to the last few meetings with UT and OU, but regardless, I'd like to hear some other opinions. i am on the same track as you....but i'm an Aggie fan that pulls for UT except for when they are playing the Ags. and i'm also a fan of ANYONE playing Neb. or OU any given week :D

AggieJohn
09-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
We were more talented in 98 also when we won the Big 12, aggies should have won the title but SLOCUM did not know what he was doing.

ross you were like 10 when that happened

JasperDog94
09-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by MtnAg
On the other hand you dont see alot of Aggie alumni downing texas on this board Really? Then what do you call it when they refer to Texas as "TU" and "tea-sips"? I call that downing, disrespectful, and downright retarded.

Go reread some previous threads. You will find that not all of us down A&M. I respect A&M for being a great academic school. I've got lots of Aggie friends. I enjoy going back and forth with them about which school is going to kick butt in whatever sport we're talking about at the time. But this downward Hook'em horns stuff is disrespectful and should be unacceptable when it comes to coaches and players. That's my biggest beef.

IHStangFan
09-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Really? Then what do you call it when they refer to Texas as "TU" and "tea-sips"? I call that downing, disrespectful, and downright retarded.

Go reread some previous threads. You will find that not all of us down A&M. I respect A&M for being a great academic school. I've got lots of Aggie friends. I enjoy going back and forth with them about which school is going to kick butt in whatever sport we're talking about at the time. But this downward Hook'em horns stuff is disrespectful and should be unacceptable when it comes to coaches and players. That's my biggest beef. http://home.ripway.com/2003-7/15091/AR15com%20stuff/Francis.jpg

Lighten up Francis, its part of the tradition, kinda like all the good Aggie Jokes. :p

JasperDog94
09-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
http://home.ripway.com/2003-7/15091/AR15com%20stuff/Francis.jpg

Lighten up Francis, its part of the tradition, kinda like all the good Aggie Jokes. :p So you would have no problem with someone calling Aggies "Faggies"? Or taking the Gig'em thumb sign and sticking where the sun don't shine? It would be the same thing. Disrespectful and totally uncalled for.

big daddy russ
09-22-2004, 03:11 PM
So you would have no problem with someone calling Aggies "Faggies"? Or taking the Gig'em thumb sign and sticking where the sun don't shine? It would be the same thing. Disrespectful and totally uncalled for.
Sensitive, are we? I don't have a problem with it. Hell, I'm not even an Aggie, I just live in College Station. I still get it all the time but it's really not that big of a deal. All goes along with the rivalry. I love it. It's fun.

big daddy russ
09-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Media rivalry?
It's a term media-types use to describe rivalries like USC-Notre Dame, Florida State-Miami, Michigan-Ohio State (believe it or not... created because of the Big Ten) and OU-UT. Means a rivalry that wasn't big until both teams got good at the same time and started playing each other at the same time. (ND-USC in the 60's, UT-OU in the 50's, etc.) Don't get me wrong, the rivalries are real and they are heated, but if the two teams had never been in the right place at the right time that heated of a rivalry never would have been born.

I don't know if you remember this, but back in the early- and mid-nineties TAMU was the big dog, a top-ten program. Back then, UT was the borderline top-25 program (not the juggernaut) and they absolutely hated the Ags. Far more than they hated OU. They still wanted to beat OU with an extreme passion, but that bullseye was on the Aggies. Now that TAMU and UT have switched, the tables have turned with them. OU (which had been a top-15 program in the early- and mid-90's before a brief dropoff) again became a juggernaut just as Texas was regaining it's status as a juggernaut. When two juggernauts meet every year and are going for the same thing... well, you get it. They get a distaste for each other. Through it all, though, UT and TAMU will always go at each others throats. No matter if one absolutely stinks and one is great. That's what the people in the media call a "natural rivalry." One that was born, not created.

Natural rivalries include Harvard-Yale, Navy-Army, UCLA-USC, 'Bama-Auburn, Florida-FSU and (that's right) TAMU-UT. There's your brief history lesson of NCAA rivalries.

JasperDog94
09-22-2004, 03:56 PM
That's a pretty accurate assessment BDR.

KTJ
09-22-2004, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the lesson. Didn't know I needed it though. But if that's how you want to think then go right ahead.

:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
09-23-2004, 06:08 AM
So you would have no problem with someone calling Aggies "Faggies"? Or taking the Gig'em thumb sign and sticking where the sun don't shine? It would be the same thing. Disrespectful and totally uncalled for. i might thing "how gay" or "what a douche bag" but i wouldnt loose any sleep over it that night.

3afan
09-23-2004, 06:13 AM
aggies vs. longhorns - ya gotta love it !!!!

Phil C
09-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Actually I'm a UT fan but when Aggies or TCU or Tech or Rice or any Texas School plays someone else or gets to playoffs I support them. It is just like our HS district. We fight it our but when it is settled we support whoever in our district is in the playoffs unless by chance we meet in the playoffs again of course.

JasperDog94
09-23-2004, 09:10 AM
i might thing "how gay" or "what a douche bag" but i wouldnt loose any sleep over it that night. No sleep lost here, I just think it's retarded and just get tired of it after awhile. You know, it's kinda like drunk Uncle of the family. You know he's going to get drunk and sound stupid. At first, you can tolerate it. But after the 10th time it starts to get old and nobody wants to hear what he has to say. That's the way I feel about Aggies and all their sayings.

2futurecard'smom
09-23-2004, 09:26 AM
MY DAUGHTER IS A GRAD STUDENT AT A&M (YEAH, ALMOST DONE!) AND HER 12 YEAR OLD BROTHER WAS A DIE HARD TEXAS FAN UNTIL WE ATTENDED A BASEBALL GAME THERE WHEN THEY WERE PLAYING UT. HE WORE HIS BURNT ORANGE GARB, AND AS WE WERE WALKING UP TO THE FIELD, SEVERAL AGS WERE TAILGATING AND CALLED OUT TO HIM AS HE PASSED. TOLD HIM THAT HE WAS YOUNG, BUT AS HE GOT OLDER HE WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT IF HE LIKED BOYS HE WOULD GO TO UT BUT IF HE LIKED GIRLS HE WOULD BE AN AGGIE. FROM THAT DAY ON, HE HAS NEVER PUT ON ORANGE AGAIN, NOW RELIGIOUSLY WEARS MAROON AND SWEARS HE'LL GO TO A&M.

KTJ
09-23-2004, 09:33 AM
i might thing "how gay" or "what a douche bag" but i wouldnt loose any sleep over it that night.

The same can be said when A&M calls us "t-sips" or "TU". Not only does it sound gay, but it's retarded.

(Except, I wouldn't lose sleep, not loose.)

Phil C
09-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey 2f too bad he didn't get to talk to Chance Mock the UT quarterback. Chance said if you like pretty girls and hills then come to Texas (UT). Twoud be wise if her brother learns to get both sides of the story as Aaesoph would say. :)

JasperDog94
09-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by 2futurecard'smom
MY DAUGHTER IS A GRAD STUDENT AT A&M (YEAH, ALMOST DONE!) AND HER 12 YEAR OLD BROTHER WAS A DIE HARD TEXAS FAN UNTIL WE ATTENDED A BASEBALL GAME THERE WHEN THEY WERE PLAYING UT. HE WORE HIS BURNT ORANGE GARB, AND AS WE WERE WALKING UP TO THE FIELD, SEVERAL AGS WERE TAILGATING AND CALLED OUT TO HIM AS HE PASSED. TOLD HIM THAT HE WAS YOUNG, BUT AS HE GOT OLDER HE WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT IF HE LIKED BOYS HE WOULD GO TO UT BUT IF HE LIKED GIRLS HE WOULD BE AN AGGIE. FROM THAT DAY ON, HE HAS NEVER PUT ON ORANGE AGAIN, NOW RELIGIOUSLY WEARS MAROON AND SWEARS HE'LL GO TO A&M. Wow. Where do I start? So we're just supposed to believe that due to one comment from a bunch of aggies that he totally swore off of Texas? And what kind of parent let's their child talk to a bunch of college kids about liking boys when their kid is only 12? Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

DawgFan91
09-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Wow. Where do I start? So we're just supposed to believe that due to one comment from a bunch of aggies that he totally swore off of Texas? And what kind of parent let's their child talk to a bunch of college kids about liking boys when their kid is only 12? Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

Come on now. They were "tailgating" before a game. Maybe a couple of cold units in the cooler... Do you think that mom is going to stop some aggies from commenting to a 12 yr old in burnt orange? She didn't say she approved of the comment, just that it happened and has had some serious psychological effects on her son...:D :D

JasperDog94
09-23-2004, 10:11 AM
True enough.

DawgFan91
09-23-2004, 10:12 AM
You know I was only joking anyway, right?

JasperDog94
09-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Yeah. As a parent, I would certainly have something to say to college kids yelling to/at my child.

KTJ
09-23-2004, 11:24 PM
It's a term media-types use to describe rivalries like USC-Notre Dame, Florida State-Miami, Michigan-Ohio State (believe it or not... created because of the Big Ten) and OU-UT. Means a rivalry that wasn't big until both teams got good at the same time and started playing each other at the same time. (ND-USC in the 60's, UT-OU in the 50's, etc.) Don't get me wrong, the rivalries are real and they are heated, but if the two teams had never been in the right place at the right time that heated of a rivalry never would have been born.

I don't know if you remember this, but back in the early- and mid-nineties TAMU was the big dog, a top-ten program. Back then, UT was the borderline top-25 program (not the juggernaut) and they absolutely hated the Ags. Far more than they hated OU. They still wanted to beat OU with an extreme passion, but that bullseye was on the Aggies. Now that TAMU and UT have switched, the tables have turned with them. OU (which had been a top-15 program in the early- and mid-90's before a brief dropoff) again became a juggernaut just as Texas was regaining it's status as a juggernaut. When two juggernauts meet every year and are going for the same thing... well, you get it. They get a distaste for each other. Through it all, though, UT and TAMU will always go at each others throats. No matter if one absolutely stinks and one is great. That's what the people in the media call a "natural rivalry." One that was born, not created.

Natural rivalries include Harvard-Yale, Navy-Army, UCLA-USC, 'Bama-Auburn, Florida-FSU and (that's right) TAMU-UT. There's your brief history lesson of NCAA rivalries.

A&M always gets mad that UT doesn't consider them their #1 rivalry. That's what the real problem is. When we say that OU is are real, #1 rival, it seems that every Ag gets upset.

Now we are yalls #1 rival, no doubt. But UT-A&M isn't the top rivalry over Texas/OU.

2futurecard'smom
09-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Actually, I just thought it was a funny story when we were talking about the way Aggies and tu go at each other.................and how even kids get into the flap of things. And the Aggies were not being rude, just kidding around as we passed them. And to the one who would have said something to them about talking to a 12 year old.....................lighten up. And as far as the mental damage, I think it did much more good than it hurt, he is now an Aggie supporter! THANKS AGS!

Phil C
09-24-2004, 01:48 PM
Some things drunk or not you shouldn't kid around with a 12 year old kid though. But it looks like you wanted and Aggie so you got him. He still should have got Chance Mock's view though. :)

JasperDog94
09-24-2004, 02:42 PM
And to the one who would have said something to them about talking to a 12 year old.....................lighten up. You're right. I should just let drunk college kids yell things at my 12 year old kid. What was I thinking?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PhiI C
09-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Hey 2f your son should have watched the Texas vs Rice football game tonight! It was in Austin! The tv showed a lot of fans and there were sure a lot of pretty female longhorn fans there. hmmmmm! :)

AggieJohn
09-26-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
A&M always gets mad that UT doesn't consider them their #1 rivalry. That's what the real problem is. When we say that OU is are real, #1 rival, it seems that every Ag gets upset.

Now we are yalls #1 rival, no doubt. But UT-A&M isn't the top rivalry over Texas/OU.

you light your tower specifically for when and IF you beat us.....our two schools have a sponsored showdown in every athletic event...face the fact, your our rival...and your going to get beat...whoop

big daddy russ
09-26-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Texas Fight, Texas Fight,
And it's goodbye to A&M.
And we'll put over one more win.
For it's Texas that we love best.
Hail, Hail, The gang's all here,
And it's good-bye to all the rest!

-Lyrics from the UT Fight Song

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-26-2004, 04:28 AM
i think the UT & OU rivalry fair as one of the top in the country. the UT & TAMU only fairs to maybe a state or division rivalry. but both games are still fun to watch. HOOK'EM HORNS.

mwynn05
09-26-2004, 11:19 AM
if A&M and UT was competitive year in year out it would be bigger than UT and OU...right now OU andUT is bigger than A&M and UT, but sometimes A&M and UT is bigger

JasperDog94
09-27-2004, 10:25 AM
you light your tower specifically for when and IF you beat us..... ummmm, no. We light the tower for every football win. Nice try though. :D

Panther Ross
09-27-2004, 10:37 AM
And it's goodbye to A&M.

THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU, THAT IS THE SONG THEY SING SO WELL SOUNDS LIKE HELL!

JasperDog94
09-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU, THAT IS THE SONG THEY SING SO WELL SOUNDS LIKE HELL! :rolleyes:

Panther Ross
09-27-2004, 10:39 AM
ross you were like 10 when that happened

So your point being?

AggieJohn
09-27-2004, 10:39 AM
The UT Tower

The 27-story Main Building, the UT Tower, is bathed in orange-colored lights to stand as a beacon to the Longhorns’ success.

The Tower is lit Orange on top with a White shaft for:
» Regular-season victories, except Texas A&M
» Non-Bowl Championship Series (BCS) Bowl victories

The Tower is lit entirely Orange for:
» Victories over Texas A&M
» Winning the Big 12 South
» Winning the Big 12 Championship Game
» Winning the Big 12 Regular-Season Championship

The Tower is lit entirely Orange with a #1 displayed for:
» National Championship

http://mackbrown-texasfootball.texassports.com/pages/proudtrads/tower.html

i don't hate em, i just like to prove em wrong
thanks and gig'em

JasperDog94
09-27-2004, 10:42 AM
you light your tower specifically for when and IF you beat us..... Once again here's your original quote. We light the tower for other wins other than A&M. That goes against what you originally said. Keep trying.:p

JasperDog94
09-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Although I will give you credit for this putting the letters in the correct order.:D :D

AggieJohn
09-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Once again here's your original quote. We light the tower for other wins other than A&M. That goes against what you originally said. Keep trying.:p

and i said you specifically...(specifically meaning for us)....light it......(the t.u. tower) when.......(self-explanitory) and if you beat us(blah

now where admist my statement did i state you only lit it when you beat us

Explayer"thinking outside the box" 2001

JasperDog94
09-27-2004, 11:23 AM
(the t.u. tower) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There, now that that's out of the way. In your statement you made it sound like that Texas made it special for the numerous victories over A&M. (Not that beating A&M isn't special enough.) We have to go to all the trouble of lighting up our tower "Specifically for" a victory over A&M. That's simply not the case. We light the tower for EVERY football win. So that tower's lit up more often than not.:D

IHStangFan
09-27-2004, 11:27 AM
No sleep lost here, I just think it's retarded and just get tired of it after awhile. You know, it's kinda like drunk Uncle of the family. You know he's going to get drunk and sound stupid. At first, you can tolerate it. But after the 10th time it starts to get old and nobody wants to hear what he has to say. That's the way I feel about Aggies and all their sayings. LOL...thats a great analogy! i think EVERYONE has that one drunk uncle. :clap:

2futurecard'smom
09-27-2004, 11:30 AM
In the first place, they were not drunk and not yelling to my son. And you have your opinion, I have mine, I like A&M, you like tu, and all said and done, I won't be rude to you about it because it's not worth it. I guess you are just being a typical tu fan.
GO AGGIES!

onfirebball05mustang
09-27-2004, 11:33 AM
Officially, I'm not an Aggie or a Horn, but unofficially I can't wait for the game.....Gig 'Em Aggies!!!

Mainly due to the fact that I have many a friend at A&M this semester!

Hullabaloo, Caneck, Caneck
Hullabaloo, Caneck, Caneck
All hail to dear old Texas A&M
Rally around Maroon and White
Good luck to dear old Texas Aggies
They are the boys who show the real old fight
That good old Aggie Spirit thrills us
And makes us yell and yell and yell
So let's fight for dear old Texas A&M
We're gonna beat you all to Chigaroogarem
Chigaroogarem
Rough, Tough, real stuff Texas A&M
Good bye to texas university
So long to the orange and the white
Good luck to dear old Texas Aggies
They are the boys who show the real old fight
'the eyes of Texas are upon you'
That is the song they sing so well
Sounds Like Hell
So good bye to texas university
We're gonna beat you all to Chigaroogarem
Chigaroogarem
Rough, Tough, Real stuff, Texas A&M

Saw varsity's horns off
Saw varsity's horns off
Saw varsity's horns off
Short! A!
Varsity's horns are sawed off
Short! A!

3afan
09-27-2004, 12:14 PM
i grew up 60 mi. N of Austin so I was closer than to College Station ... but I was never really a Longhorn fan. The thing that I've seen/heard over the past 30+ years in watching this rivalry is (1) aTm seems to take the rivalry much more seriously than the 'Horns, and (2) aTm almost seems jealous of UT. Thats just how it looks to me.

OK, I'm now ready to take my medicine from all you Ags ....

2futurecard'smom
09-27-2004, 12:35 PM
I am not sure that it's jealousy that drives the Aggies. I think it more likely is the treatment of tu fans ( when the Corp is spit on by tu fans for example) that motivates the Ags to be against the tu fans and teams. And yes, the traditions are dear to the Aggies and something that alot of people don't understand, but they are pretty awesome if you know and see them done, it's pretty amazing. And one thing I have seen is that Aggies take care of Aggies, long after the degrees are received, it's a lifelong thing.
And I am not saying all tu fans are rude and crude, I happen to be seated next to a mother at a game who graduated from tu and had a daughter who was at A&M. She was a very nice person, and we had alot of fun with her when the fight song was sang and she showed her "Hook em Horns". Just some of the tu people are a little overbearing and I am sure they say the same about the Ags. But, just my opinion, why they have to make fun of all the Aggie traditions in the way they do I don't understand. So maybe it's a little jealousy on the tu part that they aren't as close knit as the Aggie group, hmmmmmm.

3afan
09-27-2004, 12:58 PM
... tu ...

thats one of the really lame things aTm-ers say (IMO . . . IMO !!!)

the traditions & all are cool, yes they are. but i'd be willing to bet aTm fans are treated no worse by 'Horn fans that 'Horn fans are treated by aTm fans ..... yeah some go overboard but its both sides

JasperDog94
09-27-2004, 01:09 PM
I guess you are just being a typical tu fan.
GO AGGIES! So I guess most typical UT fans root for A&M when they're playing out of state huh? So I guess most typical UT fans show respect to A&M and don't say things like "A&M sucks" or "BTHO A&M". Give me a break.:rolleyes: Go back a reread my posts about A&M and you'll see that my comments about the university (especially academics) are very positive.

Be careful how you label somebody based on your own obvious bias.

My biggest problem is the disrespect that EVERY Aggie is taught once they arrive on campus. Be proud of your school, but don't stoop to childish behavior and name calling. All Texas schools should be better than that.

JasperDog94
09-27-2004, 01:10 PM
...tu... This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is stupid.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bulldog_12
09-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Please don't label all aggs just because of a few. I'm at A&M, but still love to see Texas win (when its not against us).Most of us here are like that. But, I do know that there are some real serious die hards who hate everything that comes out of Austin, and that isn't good. People will see those and think that we all are like that. So Gig'em Aggies, and yes Hook'em Horns (everyone except us though :D )

JasperDog94
09-27-2004, 01:19 PM
ha ha tea-sips. Whoop! What is the meaning behind "tea-sips" anyway?

Bulldog_12
09-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Ya know, I have no idea. They teach us all this stuff at fish camp, but to tell the truth, I really didn't listen much. But if I find out, Ill be sure to tell ya.

JasperDog94
09-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Please don't label all aggs just because of a few. You, my friend, are an exception to the rule. I think you are definitely in the minority. Most Aggies I know (pretty much everybody but you) roots for Texas to lose. I must say that I have a new respect for you.:clap: :clap: :)

Bulldog_12
09-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Well, thanks. I dunno, i just love football. I do tend to favor my Aggs, but any team from Texas has my support when we aren't playing each other. Then, I will root for any team that is playing a school from Oklahoma. ANY team. But yeah, i have friends in Austin I still keep in touch with and have even talked about going to meet them and see a game.

JasperDog94
09-27-2004, 01:29 PM
I will root for any team that is playing a school from Oklahoma. I don't think you'll find many people around here that will disagree with you on that one.:D :D

Bulldog_12
09-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Yeah, we argue about who has the greatest rivalry. I think every team in Texas has a huge rivalry with Oklahoma. We have to, they steal all of our players.

JasperDog94
09-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Man, that Peterson kid is the real deal. Have you seen him run?:eek: :eek:

3afan
09-27-2004, 01:34 PM

Bulldog_12
09-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Yeah he is good. We have a real good one coming up in Darren Sproles with K-State. He is a good runner too, very slippery and dangerous.

JasperDog94
09-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Sproles took Texas for 128 yards last year. But he also had El Roberson at QB that was a great running threat. I really look for you guys to pound the QB pretty good and get him rattled early to throw off his game.

2futurecard'smom
09-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Actually "the typical tu fan" statement was made with tongue in cheek, but whatever..................yeah, guess you are right, that was stupid.
AND, I do root for any Texas team to win, until any Texas team plays the Aggies. And I am sure that there are alot of things that Aggie fans do that I don't know about................I was just stating my opinion on what I saw done and it still doesn't sit well with me, sorry, but the spitting thing really got to me! To each his own..................

Bulldog_12
09-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I know they aren't the team from last year, but it will still be a heck of a test for us. We have to get to that QB early on, I expect Big Red and Jolly to get back there and take care of that. I sitll worry about Sproles, hes still the same.

2futurecard'smom
09-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Isn't there a couple of Jasper boys who play for A&M that are doing really well (as freshmen at that!) I want to say Jorrie Adams is from there? And Kerry Franks from WOS? Or do I have them wrong?

Bulldog_12
09-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Yeah, there is Joseph Bryant, aka Big Red, and Jorie Adams. Both are playing on the defensive side of the ball right now and are doing awesome. We couldn,t be more proud of them. The coolest thing was at the Clemson game when both got in at the same time and were playing on the same side of the line together. That was really cool.

2futurecard'smom
09-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Yeah, was at that game and heard a couple of older men sitting behind me talking about the two of them bringing alot to the team, just did not know "Big Red" was from Jasper also...........is he a freshmen too?

Bulldog_12
09-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Yeah, both were redshirted last year so technically, they are freshmen on the football team.

2futurecard'smom
09-27-2004, 02:05 PM
I have a dumb question to ask.............on the program when it has a players name and has "rs" I assume this is red-shirt.......but what is "hs" mean after a player's name?

Bulldog_12
09-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Is it right after their name, or is it a little further because it might tell what high school they are from. it just depends on what it says following it if anything at all. Someone else might want to answer this one.

onfirebball05mustang
09-27-2004, 03:34 PM
what other team do you know of that would do this for it's servicemen/women?

http://www.aggienetwork.com/troopsupport/athleticsvideo.aspx

check it out-Aggies there for other Aggies-support our troops whether you are for the 'war' or not, support 'em

Gig 'Em Aggies!

big daddy russ
09-27-2004, 04:20 PM
i grew up 60 mi. N of Austin so I was closer than to College Station ... but I was never really a Longhorn fan. The thing that I've seen/heard over the past 30+ years in watching this rivalry is (1) aTm seems to take the rivalry much more seriously than the 'Horns, and (2) aTm almost seems jealous of UT. Thats just how it looks to me.

OK, I'm now ready to take my medicine from all you Ags ....
LOL. I guess I can see that, but from my personal experience it's the other way around. First off, I'm an Auburn Tiger, not an Aggie. I just happen to live in College Station and love Texas football. I'll root for any Texas team, whether it's TAMU, UT or Texas A&M-Kingsville. But in my circle of friends back home it seems like it's a two way street. My old Aggie buddies like to joke around with the tu stuff while the tu fans take genuine offense to it. I don't know why it gets their goat so much, but I love taking part in it. Gig 'em Bevo!!!

KTJ
09-27-2004, 05:50 PM
you light your tower specifically for when and IF you beat us.....our two schools have a sponsored showdown in every athletic event...face the fact, your our rival...and your going to get beat...whoop

We also play blow-u in football in the Cotton Bowl every year. What's your point?

And as for the showdown idea--that was all Byrne, the Aggy AD. It was his idea.

I never said you weren't our rival. I just said you're not our top rival like Aggy thinks they are. You're about on the same level as Tech. UT's top rival is, and will always be, OU.

And no sir, we will not get beat this year by Aggy.

KTJ
09-27-2004, 05:53 PM
And it's goodbye to A&M.

Russ, what does that have to do with anything?

sahen
09-27-2004, 06:05 PM
im at baylor so im not in the rivalry, but in my opinion most fans that r educated football fans pull for the teams in the state when they r playing other teams just cause if the other teams win it makes their team look better....like if tech was to upset OU this weekend it'd make texas look stronger if they beat tech or A&M look stronger if they beat tech...not to mention it always makes teh state look stronger in football if all the teams from texas are routinely beating out of state teams...the peopel that root against A&M or UT no matter what r people that r not really aware of state prestige in college football so they pull against them not realizing they r making their own school look bad...

Chupacabra
09-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Russ, what does that have to do with anything?

I think he was pointing out that our fight song specifically mentions A&M, not "blow-u" as you so childishly put it.

And OU is and always will be our top rival? No way. Did you grow up in Texas? Maybe it was just where I'm from, but you don't hear little kids asking each other if they are Longhorns or Sooners, it's always Longhorns or Aggies...and kids are always right, you can't argue with that.

Texas plays A&M over the Thanksgiving holidays, when most rivalry games are played, Oklahoma plays Oklahoma State. I'm not saying that OU is not UT's rival, they are, but Texas's top rival has traditionally been A&M, and always will be. Just because during the years you attend UT the football game against Oklahoma is a big event and the two teams have a heated rivalry, it doesn't change the historical fact that A&M and UT are each other's top rival.

I wonder if people going to OU nowadays don't consider Texas to be their rival anymore, maybe we're more on the level of Tech or something to them, considering how badly they have embarassed us in Dallas the past 4 years.

I've got an idea, how about us Longhorns quit obsessing over one game a year, take it week by week, and see where we end up at the end of a season. It doesn't look good against Oklahoma this year, but let's remember that there are still games to be played after October 9th.

tool

CHSBaseball07
09-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Just lettin yall know.........people like a rival that is a Competitive game.......Texas has been blowin A&M out.....so what game are the fans gonna get more hyped up about? Texas vs A&M where Texas knows they will win.....or Texas vs OU where Texas will have to play a helluva ball game to win??
You tell me but
All texas fans know that
Texas vs. OU is a much bigger rival than Texas vs. texas a&m

3afan
09-27-2004, 07:36 PM
maybe to UT fans but not to aTm fans - they could go 1-10 & if they beat Texas they'd be happy

CHSBaseball07
09-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Thats perty stupid if you ask me.......... we could win the National Championship.....and somehow lose to A&m during the season 65-0 and be happy as you know what

Chupacabra
09-27-2004, 09:24 PM
UT vs. OU is a bigger game this year for the Longhorns, and the past few years, I don't think many people will argue against that...but to say that Oklahoma is now Texas's top rival is overboard.

Rivalries are not made overnight...and historically UT and A&M have been bigger rivals than any other opponent of the two schools, the fact that one team may be better for a stretch of a few years does not end a rivalry.

The fact that both A&M's and UT's respective fight songs specifically mention beating the other team should make it obvious where the rivalry lies.

big daddy russ
09-27-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
All texas fans know that
Texas vs. OU is a much bigger rival than Texas vs. texas a&m
Okie dokie.

big daddy russ
09-27-2004, 09:36 PM
maybe to UT fans but not to aTm fans - they could go 1-10 & if they beat Texas they'd be happy
I have a feeling that if the Ags were the lone blemish on a UT championship season, they'd be hotter than a $2 pistol. Just my opinion.

KTJ
09-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
I think he was pointing out that our fight song specifically mentions A&M, not "blow-u" as you so childishly put it.

And OU is and always will be our top rival? No way. Did you grow up in Texas? Maybe it was just where I'm from, but you don't hear little kids asking each other if they are Longhorns or Sooners, it's always Longhorns or Aggies...and kids are always right, you can't argue with that.

Texas plays A&M over the Thanksgiving holidays, when most rivalry games are played, Oklahoma plays Oklahoma State. I'm not saying that OU is not UT's rival, they are, but Texas's top rival has traditionally been A&M, and always will be. Just because during the years you attend UT the football game against Oklahoma is a big event and the two teams have a heated rivalry, it doesn't change the historical fact that A&M and UT are each other's top rival.

I wonder if people going to OU nowadays don't consider Texas to be their rival anymore, maybe we're more on the level of Tech or something to them, considering how badly they have embarassed us in Dallas the past 4 years.

I've got an idea, how about us Longhorns quit obsessing over one game a year, take it week by week, and see where we end up at the end of a season. It doesn't look good against Oklahoma this year, but let's remember that there are still games to be played after October 9th.

tool

Yes I did grow up in Texas. Where did you grow up?

How about you come on campus right now and go around asking any Longhorn who our top rival is and who they'd like to beat more--OU or A&M. I guarantee you, you'd have a lot more OU responses than A&M.

Did you even go to The University? If you did, and if you knew the slightest about football on the college level, you'd know that until we beat Stoops & Co., we will a.) not the get respect we deserve b.) not win the big 12 c.) keep losing recruits to OU. (Theoretically, we can still lose to blow-u and go to a BCS bowl--see last year.)

Sure, I agree there are other games besides the one that is on October 9. But you do realize that the rest of the season starts and ends with 10/9, right? Looking at OU as "just another game" is the wrong way. Bob Stoops was quoted last year (or 2 years ago) saying that he and his team will never "look at Texas as just another game." He went on to say that his team knows how big this rivalry is and always hypes itself up for the weekend. Even OU players have stated that UT is their main rival and not OSU like many think.

And when you call me a "tool" at the end of your post, it makes me second your credibility and forces me to call you a hypocrite. You called me childish for saying "blow-u" yet you end your post with "tool". Now, who's the childish one again?

And I still don't see the point in A&M getting upset because UT doesn't claim them as their "biggest rival."

3afan
09-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
Thats perty stupid if you ask me.......... we could win the National Championship.....and somehow lose to A&m during the season 65-0 and be happy as you know what

i SAID if the Ags lost to everyone but the 'Horns they'd be happy .... i said nyet about the 'Horns losing to aTm

read carefully b4 you speak ! ;)

big daddy russ
09-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
How about you come on campus right now and go around asking any Longhorn who our top rival is and who they'd like to beat more--OU or A&M. I guarantee you, you'd have a lot more OU responses than A&M....
Sure, I agree there are other games besides the one that is on October 9. But you do realize that the rest of the season starts and ends with 10/9, right? Looking at OU as "just another game" is the wrong way. Bob Stoops was quoted last year (or 2 years ago) saying that he and his team will never "look at Texas as just another game." He went on to say that his team knows how big this rivalry is and always hypes itself up for the weekend. Even OU players have stated that UT is their main rival and not OSU like many think....
Of course you want to beat OU more. They OWN you. I'd want to beat Buffalo if they owned my team. Of course that's going to be the response because it is the more heated of the two rivals. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the bigger of the two rivals. TAMU and UT go back more than twice as far as UT/OU. Instead of asking kids on campus (who have only been there for the four or five years the Sooners have been dominant), why don't we ask some alums which rivalry goes beyond the records. Which game would be the biggest if the chips were down for all the teams and everyone went into their games winless.

KTJ
09-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Of course you want to beat OU more. They OWN you. I'd want to beat Buffalo if they owned my team. Of course that's going to be the response because it is the more heated of the two rivals. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the bigger of the two rivals. TAMU and UT go back more than twice as far as UT/OU. Instead of asking kids on campus (who have only been there for the four or five years the Sooners have been dominant), why don't we ask some alums which rivalry goes beyond the records. Which game would be the biggest if the chips were down for all the teams and everyone went into their games winless.

As evident of the alumui at every home game (and away) I've been to the last few years, the answer to your question is still OU.

big daddy russ
09-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
As evident of the alumui at every home game (and away) I've been to the last few years, the answer to your question is still OU.
Don't they still have a student section at UT?

KTJ
09-27-2004, 10:57 PM
:clap:

Yes Russ. :D Now where are you going with this?

BTW--are you and explayer coming to the game in November?

Chupacabra
09-27-2004, 11:12 PM
KTJ- I guess you're right. I go to school now and after talking to some people the all seem to agree that OU is a bigger rival. I don' t know, I guess I'm the only one who thinks otherwise. Man i hate this school.

Bulldog_12
09-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Ok, first of all, CHS when you graduate and get into a college and know about all of the rivalries and traditions, then you can come back here and post. And really, it has always been Texas and A&M. Even THE Coach, Lee Corso says it every Thanksgiving. That this is one of the best rivalries in college football. Its a lot longer and has a lot more history behind it than Texas and OU has. And if you wanna talk about getting stomped makes it not a rivalry, look at the OU and Texas scores from the past few years. But thats my opinion.

AggieJohn
09-28-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
:clap:

Yes Russ. :D Now where are you going with this?

BTW--are you and explayer coming to the game in November?

i wish i was, one year aniversary with the girl, she'd kill me if i took her to fball game on that day

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-28-2004, 02:41 AM
i think im gonna have to say that UT/OU is the bigger rivalry than UT/TAMU (which has lost some of its steam over the years) because its more heated. the battle of the Texas schools is always big, but thats only state wide not national. more people from outside the two states get in on this one. this game, the Red River Shoot Out, is a huge blood thirsty battle. so IMHO, it is the bigger rivalry, despite the fact that its younger than the UT/A&M rivalry.

Phil C
09-28-2004, 08:52 AM
I don't really understand the big rivalry between Texas and Oklahoma. All it proves is which team has the best Texans. :D

Ag04
09-28-2004, 09:12 AM
You're right. I should just let drunk college kids yell things at my 12 year old kid. What was I thinking?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously.....you weren't there and didn't witness any of this, therefore, your opinions and sarcastic statements seem a little out of line.
Your first assumption couldn't be more wrong.....they were hardly drunk!
And for you to say that you wouldn't let drunk college kids yell at your 12 your old.......honestly, what would you have done and are you living in a hole????
And are you going to keep your kids in hole as they grow up? In case this is news to you.....sometimes things that are said to kids isn't what you would have choosen, but its called life!!!!
No harm was taken and no spitting was done, just a little harmless words that made him a "Fightin' Texas Aggie" WHOOP!!!

handNthedirt
09-28-2004, 09:57 AM
They also lit it up with a 34 when that pot smokin' hippie freak quitter won the Heisman...what was his name again?

JasperDog94
09-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Ag04
Seriously.....you weren't there and didn't witness any of this, therefore, your opinions and sarcastic statements seem a little out of line.
Your first assumption couldn't be more wrong.....they were hardly drunk!
And for you to say that you wouldn't let drunk college kids yell at your 12 your old.......honestly, what would you have done and are you living in a hole????
And are you going to keep your kids in hole as they grow up? In case this is news to you.....sometimes things that are said to kids isn't what you would have choosen, but its called life!!!!
No harm was taken and no spitting was done, just a little harmless words that made him a "Fightin' Texas Aggie" WHOOP!!! Great 1st post.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
09-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
They also lit it up with a 34 when that pot smokin' hippie freak quitter won the Heisman...what was his name again? He had the same name as the A&M Heisman trophy winner....oh wait, ya'll never had one.:tongue: :tongue:

KTJ
09-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Once again, some of you are missing the point.

Is there a rivalry between Texas and A&M? - Yes. There will always be one.

Is it Texas' TOP RIVALRY? - No. That belongs to Texas/OU

handNthedirt
09-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Actually the Ags have had one, John David Crow. It was quite some time ago, but he is not an embarrassment to the university, or mankind...(cough cough) Ricky! (cough)

Ag04
09-28-2004, 11:43 AM
Great 1st post.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hopefully you took the time to study it......it might somehow make you a little less closed minded.

I am not going to argue with you about something you have no clue about, but I just think it's strange that you are so quick to jump at everyone with sarcastic, unintelligent remarks. It's best to know the facts.

Gig'em Ags!!!!

Ag04
09-28-2004, 11:46 AM
He had the same name as the A&M Heisman trophy winner....oh wait, ya'll never had one.:tongue: :tongue:

hmmmmm.......once again, incorrect and immature!!!!

Phil C
09-28-2004, 11:50 AM
This is based on an old aggie joke told to me by (guess what?) an aggie! Regarding Heissman what Jasper probably means is what have you done for me lately? {a little humor there! :)}

Phil C
09-28-2004, 11:57 AM
John David Crow the great Texas A&M running back won the Heisman Trophy in 1957 which was Coach Bear Bryant's last year at Texas A&M. A humorous story is that since Crow was a freshman at A&M in 1954 he didn't go to Junction with the rest of the team. He saw two full bus loads leave but only one bus and even that wasn't full came back. When he saw them get back he is supposed to have asked "Where the _____ did everybody go?!" A great story even if it isn't true but that makes legends.

handNthedirt
09-28-2004, 12:00 PM
I don't find any humor in his dumba** comments. He needs to put the bong down and read up and learn the facts on whatever discussion he chooses to get in on.

Bulldog_12
09-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Ag04, don't make the rest of us Aggies look bad by getting on here and being such a smart alec person and getting on everyone's case. Don't make the rest of us look bad because you have an inferiority complex. Thanks and Gig'em!

JasperDog94
09-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Actually the Ags have had one, John David Crow. It was quite some time ago, but he is not an embarrassment to the university, or mankind...(cough cough) Ricky! (cough) I stand corrected. (Sit actually) At least I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

JasperDog94
09-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Ag04
Hopefully you took the time to study it......it might somehow make you a little less closed minded.
Please explain to me, oh wise one, how I'm being closed minded.

handNthedirt
09-28-2004, 01:17 PM
At least I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

...when have I ever been wrong?

JasperDog94
09-28-2004, 01:21 PM
I never said that you were. I'm just making a statement.

Oh, there was this time in third grade on your spelling test....oh nevermind.:D

Phil C
09-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Hey Big Daddy! That fight song refers to Florida A&M! :)

handNthedirt
09-28-2004, 01:55 PM
FYI, I was spelling bee champ in third grade, actually it was 1st through 5th. It was a pretty good run, I know. And then Peter Wong had to move into town and put an end to my dominating reign. I'm still waiting to find him in a dark alley...If you're out there I'LL GET YOU WONGGGGG!!!!!

Phil C
09-28-2004, 02:15 PM
Hand, there wasn't much competition there was there?

:D (A little humor there)

handNthedirt
09-28-2004, 02:19 PM
:doh:

Ag04
09-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Ag04, don't make the rest of us Aggies look bad by getting on here and being such a smart alec person and getting on everyone's case. Don't make the rest of us look bad because you have an inferiority complex. Thanks and Gig'em!

No inferiority complex here.....people just need to know the facts. I do....I was there! If anything I was only defending Ags! And I am not getting on everyone's case.

2futurecard'smom
09-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Bulldog 12, I can promise you Ag04 doesn't have any kind of complex, and I doubt seriously any true Aggies would think she made them look bad.............in fact maybe some of the people that work for Ag04 in the new athletic office would like to give their opinion. But, looks like you ride the fence with your buds from Jasper most of the time anyway which is fine but don't accuse anyone of making someone look bad because they post an opinion...................your buddies sure post enough of theirs.

Bulldog_12
09-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Ok, how do I ride the fence? give me an example. All I said is I root for ALL Texas teams as long as they aren't playing us. I always support the aggies through thick and thin, but I also support UT when they play other people as well as tech, TCU, SFA, etc. etc. But if you wanna call ME out on having a complex go right ahead. Because if supporting everyone is considered fence riding and bad, then lock me up for life.

Panther Ross
09-28-2004, 08:27 PM
I know this may be a little off topic, but can anybody tell me the final score of BC vs. Jasper.

2futurecard'smom
09-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Panther, the score was Jasper 34 Bridge City 10. Jasper is very strong and well coached from what I saw Friday Night!

2futurecard'smom
09-28-2004, 09:50 PM
And to BD 12.....................if you will go back and read what you posted earlier, you were the one that said someone had a complex, and you are not the typical Aggie fan (they don't take too lightly to being bad-mouthed) and it seems like you can dish out the comments but not take them very well. And you were very quick to defend your tu buds and then call a fellow Aggie a smart alec....................but there are Aggies and some that wish they were.................................WHOOP!

Bulldog_12
09-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Yes, but if you read earlier I was defending traditions and the rivalry we have with UT. Why be against everyone when we aren't playing each other? Does being a die hard aggie mean we have to hate UT all of the time? And Im quick to defend my UT buds because I am a loyal friend, which I might remind you is something Aggies sstand for, loyalty. I can take any comment you thro at me and not lose one wink of sleep over this. And even if I did, that would contradict yourself. You said Aggies don't take too lightly of being bad mouthed, but you also said that I am not a true Aggie. So, Ill get to the point, If I get mad about you commenting about me, then that truly does make me an Aggie by YOUR standards. So Thanks and Gig'em!

2futurecard'smom
09-28-2004, 10:23 PM
You are very welcome. And you said that not me about not rooting for other Texas teams. I have not been rude about any school......................at least I don't think I have. And the comment you made to Ag04 about having a complex and making all Aggies look bad is the only problem I have with what you have said........................as that is my daughter and she was replying to someone who made a smart remark about her little brother so this is beating a dead horse....................just don't see how you think she has a complex or is a smart alec commentator. Your comment just struck a nerve is all. And I, like you, have alot of good friends who are die hard Texas fans and we have a lot of fun with it, but they aren't rude and obnoxious about A&M like some people who post here. It takes all kinds I reckon.

Bulldog_12
09-28-2004, 10:30 PM
The way I read it was that she was being smart about UT. And i felt that there didn't need to be any more hostility between the two groups anymore on here. You know it would end up people getting mad at each other and people getting rommed left and right, oh wait, that happened on another board. Sorry, guess I have been sat down. Thanks for explaining. Gig'em!

big daddy russ
09-28-2004, 11:17 PM
KTJ, just going to say that I didn't realize the students and alums sat next to each other. :rolleyes:

I don't know if I'll be able to make it, but I'm going to try. My girlfriend's a student here so maybe she can score some tix. If we go, I'd love to give you hell about your team before the game.:D :D :D

AggieJohn
09-29-2004, 01:23 PM
He had the same name as the A&M Heisman trophy winner....oh wait, ya'll never had one.:tongue: :tongue:

How bout some crow....

as in john david crow....Crow played under legendary coach Paul "Bear" Bryant at A&M and in 1957 became the only Aggie to win the Heisman Trophy as well as the only Heisman winner to play for Coach Bryant. Crow played 11 years in the NFL with the Chicago Cardinals, St. Louis Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers and was a four-time Pro Bowl selection. After retiring as a player, Crow coached under Bryant at Alabama and served as head coach and athletic director at Northeast Louisiana. In addition, he was an assistant coach with the Cleveland Browns and San Diego Chargers. Crow went on to serve as Texas A&M Athletic Director and, most recently, as Director of Athletic Development. He is credited with moving A&M to the forefront of collegiate athletics, especially in the area of gender equity.

check your facts jack...whoop

JasperDog94
09-29-2004, 02:37 PM
And you were very quick to defend your tu buds :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
09-29-2004, 02:40 PM
How bout some crow....

as in john david crow....Crow played under legendary coach Paul "Bear" Bryant at A&M and in 1957 became the only Aggie to win the Heisman Trophy as well as the only Heisman winner to play for Coach Bryant. Crow played 11 years in the NFL with the Chicago Cardinals, St. Louis Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers and was a four-time Pro Bowl selection. After retiring as a player, Crow coached under Bryant at Alabama and served as head coach and athletic director at Northeast Louisiana. In addition, he was an assistant coach with the Cleveland Browns and San Diego Chargers. Crow went on to serve as Texas A&M Athletic Director and, most recently, as Director of Athletic Development. He is credited with moving A&M to the forefront of collegiate athletics, especially in the area of gender equity.

check your facts jack...whoop Already admitted my mistake. No crow here. But thanks for the offer.:p :p

Bulldog_12
09-29-2004, 02:42 PM
I don't know Dog, crow is good sometimes. Put a little BBQ sauce on it. Grill it up just right, Ill take crow any day. Crow, the other other white meat.

Panther Ross
09-29-2004, 09:34 PM
How bout some crow....

check your facts jack...whoop

SHUTDOWN!