PDA

View Full Version : District 22AAA

shspiratefan
09-20-2004, 05:58 PM
so everyone is figuring that jasper is gonna win the title easily but the final two spots to me seems to be a three way battle between kirbyville silsbee and shepherd. what do yall think

j_dog
09-20-2004, 10:21 PM
I don't know that Jasper is going to win the district easily, or even win it. I do know that Kirbyville has an experienced, scrappy team that could beat just about anybody on a given night. Silsbee, I think they will prove to have been highly under-rated. They might even win the district. Never count out a McGallion coached team. I read that Coldspring players are aiming to win the district. And Shepherd is undefeated at this point? It looks like it is going to be a competitive district. :) Good luck to all the teams, and may the best teams win. :)

Hupernikomen
09-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by shspiratefan
so everyone is figuring that jasper is gonna win the title easily but the final two spots to me seems to be a three way battle between kirbyville silsbee and shepherd. what do yall think

You that convinced you can beat that arch-rival Coldspring?

Hupernikomen
09-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
I don't know that Jasper is going to win the district easily, or even win it. I do know that Kirbyville has an experienced, scrappy team that could beat just about anybody on a given night. Silsbee, I think they will prove to have been highly under-rated. They might even win the district. Never count out a McGallion coached team. I read that Coldspring players are aiming to win the district. And Shepherd is undefeated at this point? It looks like it is going to be a competitive district. :) Good luck to all the teams, and may the best teams win. :)

Wasn't long ago Coldspring was in semi-finals. It is not for lack of athletes that they lose any game.

DawgFan91
09-20-2004, 10:59 PM

I agree that Silsbee may have been a little underrated, but they still haven't done much to draw attention. I do laugh though at your "Never count out a McGallion coached team" comment though. My wife is from Silsbee and her family and family's friends don't think much of his coaching ability. Of course, they are "Old Silsbee" and probably are just speaking based on the past few years lack of success.

I don't know about Silsbee since I haven't seen them, but Jasper won't have any trouble with Kirbyville.

j_dog
09-20-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by DawgFan91
I agree that Silsbee may have been a little underrated, but they still haven't done much to draw attention. I do laugh though at your "Never count out a McGallion coached team" comment though. My wife is from Silsbee and her family and family's friends don't think much of his coaching ability. Of course, they are "Old Silsbee" and probably are just speaking based on the past few years lack of success.

I don't know about Silsbee since I haven't seen them, but Jasper won't have any trouble with Kirbyville.
If memory serves me correctly, it was this same McGallion coaching Navasota who dished out a big upset over Jasper in the 4a playoffs a few years ago. :( And WOS fans can tell you a thing or two about playing a McGallion coached Silsbee in the playoffs. But, yes, this McGallion has not done that well lately at Silsbee. But, based on the foregoing facts, and they are facts, I will stand by my comment. Any team that under-estimates Silsbee just may live to regret it.

And about your wife being from Silsbee, .... we really should not be discussing our personal problems here on this Board! :D Just kidding! Could not pass on that one! :) Silsbee folks are nice people. :)

Bobcatfan4life
09-21-2004, 05:02 PM
I think that all of the teams in the district have a good shot at making the playoffs and doing well, with the exception of Buna. But Buna did go to Bridge City last year and beat the Cardinals so don't overlook them.

shellman54
09-21-2004, 05:21 PM
which mcgallion are we talking about? the one who coached in the mid 90's at BH, or his brother?

DawgFan91
09-21-2004, 09:30 PM
If memory serves me correctly, it was this same McGallion coaching Navasota who dished out a big upset over Jasper in the 4a playoffs a few years ago.

What year was this. There were a few years (college partying) that I lost track but I don't remember Jasper losing to Navasota. Unless it was one of the years Jasper was in that weak district where

j_dog
09-21-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by DawgFan91
What year was this. There were a few years (college partying) that I lost track but I don't remember Jasper losing to Navasota. Unless it was one of the years Jasper was in that weak district where
I believe it was 94, or possibly 95. Navasota had a high octane offense, but I was confident that Jasper could shut them down enough to win. I was wrong. After that, McGallion went to Silsbee. I think it was his first or second year there that his team beat WOS in a huge upset in a bi-district game. It is my understanding that this McGallion coached at Woodville before he went to Navasota. I may be wrong on all this, but I don't think so. Check it out.