PDA

View Full Version : Pep Rallies

dawgmom
09-20-2004, 10:58 AM
How many of you non-students attend your schools pep rallies? Do you participate (stand & yell), or not. What is your opinion of your schools pep rallies?

handNthedirt
09-20-2004, 11:18 AM
They are a stinkin' waste of time...for everybody! But, we do get out of class earlier, which almost makes them worth it...almost.

3afan
09-20-2004, 11:36 AM
when i was in school they were an annoyance ... to have a pep rally in the morning then wait 10-12 hours for the game is kinda useless ........... but it did get you out of class

my kids had pretty much the same opinion, in fact i think this year they are only having 2 or 3 pep rallies

JasperDog94
09-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
when i was in school they were an annoyance ... to have a pep rally in the morning then wait 10-12 hours for the game is kinda useless ........... but it did get you out of class

my kids had pretty much the same opinion, in fact i think this year they are only having 2 or 3 pep rallies Ya'll had morning pep rallies?

kaorder1999
09-20-2004, 11:51 AM
there are a lot of schools that have morning peprally's
that is the dumbest thing ive ever seen

3afan
09-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Ya'll had morning pep rallies?

yes we did, back in the day

renegade*dawg
09-20-2004, 12:26 PM
I try to make one a year. My wife goes to all of them.

3afan2K3
09-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Pep rallies are stupid, but atleast it gets us out of running in athletics.

kiwi_rae12
09-20-2004, 09:30 PM
what are ya'll talking about? pep rallies are awesome!! and we have them at the end of the day. I love cheering and performing in the pep rallies, and it's an awesome feeling getting everyone pumped up :)

big daddy russ
09-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by dawgmom
How many of you non-students attend your schools pep rallies? Do you participate (stand & yell), or not. What is your opinion of your schools pep rallies?
I go to this little one at Kyle Field on Friday nights.

exbccards76'smom
09-21-2004, 11:13 AM
I enjoy going to the BC pep rallies. They are held at 3 pm on Fridays. Right now, though, we are having them in the football stadium due to the fact that the new gym isn't ready yet.

http://www.texashsfootball.com/Images/helmets/class3a/bridgecity.gif

handNthedirt
09-21-2004, 11:15 AM
I like the one's at midnight in Kyle Field as well...

PPHSfan
09-21-2004, 11:20 AM
I like the pep rallies. I think they are great when the whole town shows up. Students and Alumni and old folks.

I do however have a problem with that very small group of kids who are too cool for the pep rallies.

You know who I am talking about. They are in a group in the stands over in the corner. They usually have on black jeans with chains all over them. Fingernails painted black, t-shirts with some strange picture on them..etc.

I don't mind so much that they don't participate in the spirit stuff, but I am going to end up in jail the next time I catch them talking trash during the National Anthem.

dawgmom
09-21-2004, 12:17 PM
In a case like that PPHS..I think we might have to take up a collection around here and bail you out!

Keith7
09-21-2004, 12:22 PM
we had morning pep-rallies, but i think it was because the football players had athletics 1st period and were all together and could just go strait to the pep-rally right after words...

Our pep-rallys always seemed like everyone was excited, and everyone seemed to participate (except for those kids who thought pep-rallys were gay).. so i think our pep-rallys were just fine in the morning, but then again, i wouldnt know anyother way