PDA

View Full Version : Liberty

Old Cardinal
07-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Liberty was a Div. II Area Finalist last season, being squeezed out by Bellville 23-14. They beat Orangefield 14-10, the week before in a no-holds-barred game. They have most of the team back. It might be considered a toss-up in 22-3A between Barbers Hill and Liberty. I look for Liberty to be better this year. I have seen them play 3 times in the last two years. In 2001 BC 30-16 preseason, then BC 34-14 postseason. Again in 2002 they played in preseason, BC 30 Liberty 8. These two teams meet in the second preseason game, this year, and I am sure that Liberty will be picked to win, based on their returning skilled letterman, and BC's rebuilding mode. It ought to be a great game this year between BH and Liberty : both will represent 22-3A, in the playoffs, very well.

<small>[ July 16, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Bellville22
07-17-2003, 10:45 AM
Liberty had a very respectable squad last year, and I expect the same this year. If I remember right, Bellville completed 6 or so passes for like 200+ yards. Take away a couple of those big plays, and that game becomes VERY interesting. I know they return quite a few, so I look for them to be right in the mix again. Best of luck to the Panthers, look forward to another great game if paths cross again.

Old Cardinal
07-17-2003, 03:58 PM
Bellville will be in some good games in Postseason, I hope to see at least one of them this year.

punt
07-17-2003, 04:26 PM
I think whoever comes out of Reg 3 will have a great shot at getting a ring. I saw those linemen Bellville had last year and most are back. If your qb wasn't over 6'2" he probably couldn't see his receivers. The dl was very big and moved well. It just looks like they have all the ingredients to have a super season if they stay healthy. Liberty is about in the same situation from what has been said. I haven't seen them play. Reg 3 has lots of strong teams, should be some real head knocking going on, great football for all us fans.

the tigers are back
07-17-2003, 10:17 PM
Well football is just around the corner, and seems like everyone is looking forward to a good season this year. I seen some good games bellville played last year in the playoffs. I really enjoyed the fairfield game, because it wasn't wild and loose. I really beleive that bellville biggest contender will be rice in pre-season;and sealy in dist. What do you think bellville_22. I really prefer calling you bull is that ok. Hey i know that bellville and sealy is the last distict game in 23a ,but the game must be played.I hope we come out on top bull, but if we don't ;i tip my hat to the bulls. Say bull do you think bellville will walk over rice this year. :rolleyes: I see spears is back and he's the heart of the team. Last year he was injured, but i really think this game will be exciting to watch also. Hey i will be at that game,because we play ingelside saturday;once again wish everyone a good year. :mad:

Bellville22
07-18-2003, 12:01 PM
No way does Bellville walk all over Rice. I too, think it will be the toughest game or the regular season, and these two teams could very well meet in the State playoffs if the chips fall right. I look for a very close, somewhat high-scoring game. But whatever the case, The Pasture will be PACKED and both teams will be hungry in what has become a nice little rivalry the past couple of years. I can't wait.

And 'tigers are back': How's QB's foot, how much time is he looking at missing?