PDA

View Full Version : SLPYBEAR WEEKLY PICK'EM -- Week #5 -- Cuero vs. Sinton

slpybear the bullfan
09-19-2004, 09:31 PM
This Week's Pick 'em...

This week the slpybear has decided to finally let those Cuero folks get to pick a poll... Gobblers or Pirates? Lets hear ya... and just go ahead and post on the thread with your predictions and let's see how much crow will be served on Saturday... LOL

Poll should close on Friday.

REMEMBER: If you think you know of a great matchup in the coming weeks, feel free to send a PM and let me know...

Last Week's Pick'em...

Last week we picked the match up of Liberty Hill Vs. Manor. LH pulled out the win in an offensive shootout.... 63 - 50.

We had 34 of 53 folks responding pick correctly. Our winning percentage in week 4 was 64%...

2004 Season Results...

(Click on a Week to be taken to that thread...)

Week 4 - Liberty Hill W vs. Manor - 34 of 53 - 64.1% week 4 - 58.8% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18803)
Week 3 - Decatur W vs. Gainesville - 31 of 58 - 53.4% week 3 - 57.1% cumlative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18430)
Week 2 - Liberty Hill vs. Burnet W - 32 of 48 - 66.6% week 2 - 59% cumlative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18151)
Week 1 - Jasper W vs. WOS - 33 of 62 - 53% week 1 - 53% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17853)

As always, I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Slpybear

mikecheck
09-20-2004, 01:38 PM
I believe that Sinton is also on an emotional high and I am going with them this Friday. It is very hard to go to someone's house and beat them but I believe they can do it. Cuero is nursing some injuries and must be ready for district, Sinton is running on all twelve and every aspect of their game is on tract. By the way I didn't make the picture at Sinton but I did get to sign the shirt, sure felt proud to be in such great company!

Gobbler Fan
09-20-2004, 02:45 PM
I just dont see Sinton coming to Cuero and pulling this one out call me a Homer Cuero by 10 . I dont think Sinton has played another team besides G-P with our defensive speed.

Last year was 32-6*correct me if im wrong* Cuero so Sinton does have a little revenge factor working for them .This should be a well played game gl to both teams and may this be an injury free game .

6 TIME STATE FINALIST
3 TIME STATE CHAMPS

GO MEAN GREEN

44INAROW
09-20-2004, 02:59 PM
:thinking: There have been a couple references to injuries - do they know something we don't know?

mikecheck
09-20-2004, 03:41 PM
I mentioned injuries because I read it on another thread last week. I apologize for repeating false rumors. It is always great to hear about no injuries. Good luck should be an awesome game, not just because I read this somewhere but because I believe it will be.

Gobbla2001
09-20-2004, 05:02 PM
Heck, you know me, I voted for Cuero and I pick Cuero by 3!

Cuero played horrible this week, if you would have watched Cuero's first three games, then this week's, you'd know what I mean...

They were just flat, had no fire under their rears, they were wore out both physically and emotionally from last week's game against Wharton...

I think our guys will be fired up this week, recharged physically and emotionally...

Is this the week where we'll see that passing game in full-effect?

gobbler grad
09-20-2004, 05:47 PM
I like Cuero's chances this week!! It will be close for awhile till we wear them down and then cuero shall run wild! I'll give Sinton about 2 touchdowns, possibly a field goal.

cuero 34

sinton 16

bigballsports
09-20-2004, 05:58 PM
sinton will dominate cuero the entire game. besides cuero falling victim to being #1 this week, sinton is just a much better team. i saw cuero play last week and they looked horrible. the line couldnt block and the backs were getting lit up. the defense got lucky. if sealy wouldnt have tried passing so much, sealy would have won that game easily. well at least cuero will save their first loss for us at their homecoming.

Gobbla2001
09-20-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by bigballsports
sinton will dominate cuero the entire game. besides cuero falling victim to being #1 this week, sinton is just a much better team. i saw cuero play last week and they looked horrible. the line couldnt block and the backs were getting lit up. the defense got lucky. if sealy wouldnt have tried passing so much, sealy would have won that game easily. well at least cuero will save their first loss for us at their homecoming.

Keep going I like it :D :D :D :D :D

big daddy russ
09-20-2004, 06:50 PM
I'd love to say the Pirates but I think Cuero pulls it off. Haven't seen either team, though, so my two cents may only be worth a penny.

gobbler grad
09-20-2004, 07:19 PM

:eyetwitch Just Bring It!!

They didn't look horrible, just alittle tired!!
That was a very fast paced game the week before.
They will bring their game face on Friday and will be a very good game!!!

DFHM
09-20-2004, 07:51 PM
You sure you were watching the same game I played in last friday? I don't really remember any time our defence "got lucky", but hey, thats my opinion.

crabman
09-20-2004, 07:59 PM
I'd love to say the Pirates but I think Cuero pulls it off. Haven't seen either team, though, so my two cents may only be worth a penny.

If someone says "a penny for your thoughts" and you put in your two cents worth, what happens to the other penny?

big daddy russ
09-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by crabman
If someone says "a penny for your thoughts" and you put in your two cents worth, what happens to the other penny?
They get change.

SinTon_Boi_32
09-20-2004, 09:28 PM
I feel Cuero has the adv. in this game as well as most do. But, sinton coming off a good game against Beeville hmmm i See upset by mah Boys Should Be a HARD LONG game. Both teams With an EXPLOSIVE Offense is gonna factor in on which D is Most well conditioned. Sinton-34/Cuero-27

SintonFan
09-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Sinton is going to have a tough time stopping that Cuero offense. Reeve can follow last years pattern and just run, run run. Sinton's smaller D is quick but has to play their best game yet. They should score more than last years 6 points but need to keep the pressure on Cuero. If they start early who knows how this game will turn out. Cuero is definately favored. Size, speed, power and good coaching to boot. It will still be a good game.
Go Pirates!!!

sinfan75
09-21-2004, 04:34 PM
Sinton D is a whole lot better than a year ago at this point in the year. Pirates had G-P stopped quite a few times on 3rd down only to have penalties called. Just wasn't Sintons night. I think if Sinton can control the ball and keep the mistakes to a minimum they can pull out a win. Pirates by 7.

pakrat
09-21-2004, 10:24 PM
Sinton knows what they are up against. I think they will be ready and win by 3 to 7 points.

briefcase
09-22-2004, 11:32 AM
If sinton has a passing game, this could be a good one. Going with the underdog. Sinton pulls the upset.

rodeo-rider
09-22-2004, 11:43 AM
may ask what kind of offense sinton is running.
they sure are putting alot of points on the board.

District303aPastPlayer
09-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by rodeo-rider
may ask what kind of offense sinton is running.
they sure are putting alot of points on the board.

Spread/ Wing T

PPHSfan
09-22-2004, 07:39 PM
I don't want to jinx it, but the folks at 3adl have picked four winners in a row.

Gobbla2001
09-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I don't want to jinx it, but the folks at 3adl have picked four winners in a row.

That actually makes me feel better...

The AP has picked 4 losers in a row, and the Low as picked 4 winners in a row... now the outcome is offset...

Guess it's up to Cuero and Sinton now...

PPHSfan
09-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Well there is still time for ten more Sinton votes:D

bigpimpin
09-22-2004, 08:19 PM
I don't think Sinton is ready for the big boys up front. The offense is too strong, and the defense is too fast. If they can be mentally prepared for this one, there's no stopping them. Unless they commit a freakishly large amount of turnovers, Sinton will be taken down, swiftly. This win proves to the rest of the state that Cuero's for real.

gobbler#1fan
09-23-2004, 01:28 PM
i'll have to agree with u on this one pimpin. with that big o line u could put anyone u want in the backfield and still get positive yardage out of it. so if sinton wants to win this one, which i really doubt they will, they better be ready on both sides of the ball cuz not only is our offense able to put points on the board our defense just gets to crunk out on the field

SintonFan
09-23-2004, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by gobbler#1fan

i'll have to agree with u on this one pimpin. with that big o line u could put anyone u want in the backfield and still get positive yardage out of it. so if sinton wants to win this one, which i really doubt they will, they better be ready on both sides of the ball cuz not only is our offense able to put points on the board our defense just gets to crunk out on the field
Do these posts look eerily similiar in style and punctuation?
hmmmmmmmm...:thinking: :thinking:

Gobbla2001
09-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Yah, they do... I've been thinking it was someone from Cuero all along, still do...

BUT, Cuero players, if you are reading this... that person is from SINTON dangit!!!

GET MAD!

Ha

pavilion
09-23-2004, 06:56 PM
i dont know why y'all are having such a hard time believing that bigballsports is from sinton... i mean theres people from cuero talking a lot of crap about sinton but do yall accuse them of being from sinton? nope so maybe bigballsports just likes talking crap

Gobbla2001
09-23-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by pavilion
i mean theres people from cuero talking a lot of crap about sinton

Yah, but they also talked a lot of crap about Sealy and Wharton.... and they're still here... plus I know who all of you are anyway...

SintonFan
09-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by pavilion
i dont know why y'all are having such a hard time believing that bigballsports is from sinton... i mean theres people from cuero talking a lot of crap about sinton but do yall accuse them of being from sinton? nope so maybe bigballsports just likes talking crap

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by gobbler#1fan

All three of these look alike...:thinking: :thinking:

SintonFan
09-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Poor use of quotes...:o

Gobbla2001
09-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Gobbla?
You posted in the "Cuero's Homecoming" thread...

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-016.gifhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-016.gifhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-016.gif
:p

didn't know who the 'couple' was...

SintonFan
09-23-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
didn't know who the 'couple' was...
My mistake!:o
The whole point about all of this week from me was: If Cuero was so sure of a victory why go to all the trouble of making a false 'Sinton' personality for BB material?
Sinton should be "up" for this game(last year's loss was a big reminder the Pirates were not a contender). We(from Sinton, maybe just me) know Cuero has something to prove. The banter won't leave me on edge, just the the mind games.
Goodness, this is just a pre-disrtict game.:)
Gobbla, OG, 44 and others you know what I am saying...
I hope the game is injury-free and hard-faught!
:)

Gobbla2001
09-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Are you coming to Cuero... If you say no, we're dragging you.... wait, none of us would make the whole game if we did that...

Anyway, the Gobblers aren't taking you guys lightly, lotta respect around here for the Pie-Rats.... both teams will be up for it...

SintonFan
09-23-2004, 10:27 PM
It's "in the works" to be there...
If you've talked to 66 about arrangments yet, he hasn't replied to me...
Let me know where you all are meeting and I'll be there.:cool:

Gobbla2001
09-23-2004, 10:41 PM
It's "in the works" to be there...
If you've talked to 66 about arrangments yet, he hasn't replied to me...
Let me know where you all are meeting and I'll be there.:cool:

I dunno, hear he's supposed to give OG a buz when he rolls into the 'Ro...

gobblerfan02
09-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Being from Cuero, I hafta go w/ 'em!
Cuero 42-30

SintonFan
09-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I dunno, hear he's supposed to give OG a buz when he rolls into the 'Ro...
He buzzed me around lunch but I didn't check my PM.
We'll leave around 4:30...
GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!
BEAT THE GOBBLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44INAROW
09-25-2004, 12:56 AM
He buzzed me around lunch but I didn't check my PM.
We'll leave around 4:30...
GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!
BEAT THE GOBBLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr 44inarow met some of the Sinton downlowers at halftime.. he is computer illiterate and had no idea about who is who and does not understand the posting but he knows I get a kick out of it but he did say he met Phil C which he remembered from the BB game last Christimas in Sinton,, Old Green was there, Gobbla, he said some Sinton guy named 66 lol lol and a shorter guy but he didn't remember the name. (sorry it was cutting into his nicotine time) It was a great game.. Sinton is a great team.. I hope if we make the play-offs we go in different divisions.....

PPHSfan
09-25-2004, 01:17 AM
And the 3adl is 5 for 5

44INAROW
09-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Will be interesting next week to see how the polls go. Of course the Downlow is 5 for 5 - look at the smart individuals posting :D

SintonFan
09-25-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Mr 44inarow met some of the Sinton downlowers at halftime.. he is computer illiterate and had no idea about who is who and does not understand the posting but he knows I get a kick out of it but he did say he met Phil C which he remembered from the BB game last Christimas in Sinton,, Old Green was there, Gobbla, he said some Sinton guy named 66 lol lol and a shorter guy but he didn't remember the name. (sorry it was cutting into his nicotine time) It was a great game.. Sinton is a great team.. I hope if we make the play-offs we go in different divisions.....
It's not my fault sinton66 is 6'5".
The one thing Mr.44 can remember about me is,"and a shorter guy?"
Jeez, you folks are going to give me a complex or something.:p :D
lol