PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Vernon almost cost us a good chance

Buckeye80
10-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Last night, the Lindale Eagles needed some last second heroics to beat the Mt. Vernon Purple Tigers. Here's why that's important. Lindale's last two regular season games are against Winnsboro and Gilmer. They will probably lose both of those games. Had they lost last night, Mt. Vernon with a win over Mineola next week would likely have advanced to the playoffs over Lindale. In that case, Gilmer, as the second largest school in the district would go D1, making the road to a championship a very arduous, uphill battle. Here's how it could have possibly played out:
1st Round Gilmer vs. Pleasant Grove
2nd Round Gilmer vs. Gainesville
3rd Round Gilmer vs. Forney
4th Round Gilmer vs. Everman
5th Round Gilmer vs. Burnet

I defy someone to show me a tougher Region to get through in D1 befor having Everman and Burnet waiting on you.

Rabbit'93
10-25-2003, 06:43 PM
That is a pretty tough schedule. Hope to see you in the 3rd round. Youguys are playing some good ball right now.

PAINTBALL
10-25-2003, 07:15 PM
What would be your likly playoff schedule in Div. 2?

netexan
10-25-2003, 08:36 PM
IF GILMER GOES D2, THEY WILL GET DAINGERFIELD FIRST.. ATLANTA IS 3-0 AND DAINGERFIELD IS 2-1. PLEASANT GROVE PLAYS LIBERTY-EYLAU FOR THE POSSIBLE 3RD SPOT.... BOTH TEAMS ARE LARGER THAN ATLANTA AND DAINGERFIELD... ONLY WAY THAT GILMER CAN PLAY SOMEONE OTHER THAN DAINGERFIELD IS IF SOMEHOW NEW BOSTON SLIPS INTO THE PLAYOFFS...
HERE ARE THE 12AAA STANDINGS AND GAMES REMAINING..

ATLANTA 3-0 NEW BOSTON LE
DAINGERFIELD 2-1 QC PG
PLEASANT GROVE 2-1 LE D'FIELD
LIBERTY-EYLAU 1-2 PG ATLANTA
NEW BOSTON 1-2 ATLANTA QC
QUEEN CITY 0-3 D'FIELD NB

<small>[ October 25, 2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: netexan ]</small>

Buckeye80
10-25-2003, 10:11 PM
In D2 our matchups would probably look something like this (purely speculation) for anyone whose teams I have losing.
Round 1 Gilmer vs Daingerfield
Round 2 Gilmer vs Celina
Round 3 Gilmer vs Rusk
Round 4 Gilmer vs Atlanta
Round 5 Gilmer vs Kennedale, Midland Greenwood, Decatur, etc.
Round 6 Gilmer vs Marlin, Bellville, Sinton, Bandera, etc.

I don't know who to pick in the other regions, so I listed a couple of likely winners.