PDA

View Full Version : Canyon & Perryton

Da Mules
09-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Finally found out some more about the Eagles O in the Amarillo paper. 507 YARDS offense against a fairly decent Littlefield Wildcat team this Friday!:eek: 341 yards rushing, 203 yards by soph? J Romero. Looks like the Eagles are going to put up a fight when they collide with Perryton.
Canyon rolls over Wildcats (http://www.amarillo.com/stories/091804/hss_canyonrolls.shtml)

Perryton had a bit of a scrap with 4A Dumas. This was a Double-OT game, and the Rangers held the Demons ona 4th&1 at the 1-yard line in the second OT to win. Perryton game (http://www.amarillo.com/stories/091804/hss_olivaresleads.shtml)

Should be a ding-dong DQ game of the week when these two meet this season

RangerRedFan
09-19-2004, 07:17 PM
I just wanted to clean up a few things with the story the Amarillo paper had on the Perryton-Dumas game. The main thing is, it was not a double overtime game. Perryton won the game in the first overtime scoring in two plays. They did hold Dumas out of the endzone on a play from less than a foot from the endzone, thanks to a great hit that caused the Dumas player to fumble, which the Rangers recoverd. I might add, that Perryton played almost 3/4 of the game without their starting quarterback, who re-injured his shoulder again. He has been less than 100% since the Pampa game. There is no word yet on whether he will play Friday against Caprock. They also learned this week that their starting tailback is out for the season with a torn up knee, and a torn hamstring, which he injured in the Guymon game. The Rangers are beginning to know how Canyon felt last year with injuries to a bunch of guys in the skill positions. They are just not the same team without those two guys. They will still win their share of games, but I don't know if they can handle Canyon, or anyone else down the line. Unfortunately, that is the way things go. You have to go make the best with what you have. Canadian found out that life is not very easy without A. English Firday night, having to hang on for a 7 point win at Beaver OK. One or two good or great players can make or break a season for some teams, if they get injured...ask Stratford a couple of years ago when they lost their quarterback in the playoffs when it appeared they were one of the best teams in the state....until he got hurt.

wildstangs
09-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Looks like Perryton is going through what Canyon did last year. Hopefully the Rangers wont fall as hard as the Eagles did last year.

Da Mules
09-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the update RangerRed. I had heard that the Rangers were not up to full speed vs Canadian because of injuries, but nobody had said anything definite about it. I try to follow Panhandle football on the Amarillo News-Globe forum, but that's mostly just kids talking smack & worse. Very litte real football info, like you just posted. Tell us some more about what the Rangers still have. All I know is that they are supposed to have a good defense. How many of them play both sides of the ball?
Also I had not heard that Canyon has more enrollement than Borger this year. Muleshoe is the smallest school in the district, so if we make they playoffs, we will most likely face off against your Rangers or the Bulldogs in the 1st go-around. barring some major upset by River Road. I don't think Dalhart has a snowballs chance.
Hope your injury situation improves.
Yes Canyon is looking tough... looks like they got themselves an offense going up there

Da Mules
09-20-2004, 01:30 PM
ttt
Who is the Ranger running back with the knee?
Come on Panhandle posters. Let's keep some Region 1 and Panhandle football talk going on the downlow.:cool:

ranger
09-20-2004, 02:09 PM
The TB was Jake Waide. He is a big strong runner, who took a bad blow to the knee, and he is gone for the season. The TB who takes his place now is a Jr. and had 228 yards rushing, and caught a pass for 18 yards, against a tough Dumas defense. We still have a very strong offensive line, a big strong fullback, a smaller strong and fast fullback, 4 good receivers, and both our Qb's are good. Once we get everyone involved in the offense, things will be explosive. Defensively, we get our butts to the ball, period! Everyone worries about offense, but it is defense that will win the big one for you. Merrell Is a great competitor and leader. Our team learned Friday night, that they can and will win without him in the game if they have to. As for Canyon's experience last year, it is frightening, and I truly felt sorry for those guys last year. The amarillo globe news forum is nothing but trash talk, and rarely has good comments. Canyon will be a tough opponent the last game of the season. But EVERYONE Perryton plays, plays their best against us. That is the price you pay for being good. We wouldn't want it any other way!

RangerRedFan
09-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks for posting Ranger. I just heard a rumor that Merrell probably will not play Friday against Caprock. What have you heard? My guess is the coaches will have to not let him suit up to keep him off the field...great competitor! They should be all right if they will let Blasingame (#2 quarterback) play within himself, and let the offensive line and the defense control the game. Caprock is not the team they were when they lost 20+ games in row. I think they will give Perryton everything they have and more.

thumptbh
09-20-2004, 03:35 PM
i hate to hear about injuries especially to a senior. i know it was very rough on mcclintock last year and a few others. i hope he will be able to bounce back and play in college if he wants to. as for canyon. the kids are taking it one game at a time. they dont want a lot of hype and recognition. they know they can be beat at anytime and they are trying to stick with their goals. right now they are playing pretty good football but are still making some mistakes. i think littlefield woke them up a little bit after the win over randall. canyon has a good qb and eight recievers that are catching balls. the running backs are sharing the load and not just one doing it all. the defense is looking good and they are fast and aggresive. we are hoping for good things this year but there are no predictions. canyon has some tough games ahead. may win some may lose some. hey its high school football. if you dont come to play you can walk out the loser.

hows the mules attitude this week!!!

thumptbh
09-20-2004, 03:37 PM
rangerfan

would blasingames dad happen to be a banker?

mustang04
09-20-2004, 03:45 PM
this sounds like it will be a good game to watch

RangerRedFan
09-20-2004, 06:30 PM
thumptbh...the answer to your question is yes.

Da Mules
09-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Thump, da Mules seem pretty fired up this week. They had a big tussle with Seminole last week; it was the Indian's homecoming game and they fought tooth 'n nail. Mules escaped with their scalps 25-6 so felt pretty good about that and going 4-0. This week we have the Lockney 2a Longhorns coming to town.. I know very little about them except their big running back Mark Ford was a pre-season pick for the all-South Plains team. I think Mulecoach Wood scheduled a few of these 2a schools with the idea of "breaking in" his junior class kinda slow vs throwing them to the wolves (not the Dalhart Wolves:rolleyes: ) Having the kids play some prety good athletes but not running headfirst into a buzzsaw just yet... well, time will tell if that strategy builds them up or creates delusions of grandeur, eh?? Maybe we don't wanna know how we would actually stack up vs a Sweetwater!
Week after that, we're coming up your way to play River Road. Other than beating Panhandle, what're the Roadies up to this year?

thumptbh
09-20-2004, 08:51 PM
i think dem mules will take lockney even though they did play childress pretty good a couple of weeks ago. (i am right aint i). anyway the road got off to a good start against panhandle but i think it was just one of those games. they are for certain a little better than last year but i think they will be a hit and miss team this year. if muleshoe plays their game i dont think they can stay with you. muleshoe looks to have too much defense this year. after four games it begins to show. it is possible that the road will take a playoff spot. borger seems to be down right now. but again in high school football you never know what will happen. look at canyon last year.

thanks rangerfan- i used to live in perrtyon and knew blasingame if its the same one. just cant believe his kids are all grown up now. be funny to see our kids playing each other.