PDA

View Full Version : Outbreak?

BIGGBROTHER
09-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Has any schools outside of austin had a problem with staph?

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Do you mean outside Austin I.S.D. or outside the Austin area?

Gobbla2001
09-19-2004, 05:14 PM
No, our staff is still there walking the halls and running the classrooms...

OH, STAPH... INFECTIONS... duh...

No, luckily none of those are walking our halls and running our classrooms, least I haven't heard anything...

La Grange
09-19-2004, 05:45 PM
We had a player that thought he had staph, but really it was just a very large splinter in his calf that got infected. It was pretty gross though if that counts for anything.

Mandy
09-19-2004, 05:47 PM
hahaha mr. gobblar. Is the staph getting bad? Or is it that stuff that...that one girl has on her hands...you know...EX-EE-MAA?

hehe.

pirate4state
09-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Sinton has had some problems with staph infections. :( EWWW :hairpunk:

Gobbla2001
09-19-2004, 06:20 PM
Yes Ms. Mandy, from what I am gathering, it seems to be more common these days...

Not Good...

BIGGBROTHER
09-19-2004, 07:01 PM
Warning to all players and players moms
theirs been rumor of bad staff infections in and around the austin area not only staph but something higher than staph called M. something that causes boils and can effect the entire body including the brain supposidly their are no antibiodics to cure this please take precautions if you believe you or someone you know has it talk to your dr. imediatly also a soap called hibiclens? not sure of spelling but is said to help prevent this bad stuff take care yall

spread the word

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Showering after the game, as well as covering all wounds will help to prevent the spread of this problem. I read last week where the Hutto I.S.D. was experiencing problems with this new infection, as well as boils.

Chief Woodman
09-19-2004, 07:31 PM
It's the plagues of Egypt!

Mandy
09-19-2004, 07:36 PM
spread it like staph, bro?

BIGGBROTHER
09-19-2004, 07:38 PM
sorry but this is not a joke and im encouraging you to read more into it to help wipe it out washing bleaching acid sterilizing does not work against this crap but if you think its just funny well make more joke if only to get the word spread to those who do or might have it

Mandy
09-19-2004, 07:45 PM
nobody has died from this have they? And its called CMSA or something. I saw it the night I was looking at boils with Teensy over at their house...gross picture. Teensy knows what I'm talking about...

Bandera YaYa
09-19-2004, 07:49 PM
A staph infection can be DEADLY. It's nothing to joke about. I would be worried if there were any cases anywhere near me!!

CHSBaseball07
09-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Actually in Caldwell we have had a few cases this year and last.....so they have been cleaing very very regularly ......cleaning EVERYTHING!.......

BIGGBROTHER
09-19-2004, 09:23 PM
the staph no the boils msam can one kid in the ninth grade supposdly had to have surgery because it got into his cranium

La Grange
09-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by BIGGBROTHER
the staph no the boils msam can one kid in the ninth grade supposdly had to have surgery because it got into his cranium

WHAT?

That is some pretty bad staph, but I have never heard of it getting that bad.

WOS1
09-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Guys, the Staph is called MRSA and it is very common right now. There has been a large outbreak all over Texas. It can be treated and is not threatening as long as you treat it and don't ignore it. Here is a link:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/hip/Aresist/mrsafaq.htm

Surgery is a possibility but these are very extreme cases. You can treat it, the bottom line is that you do not ignore it. It will begin as something that will look like a wart, then develop into something more like a boil with a dollar size red area surronding a pus filled, raised area in the middle that will not go away by popping. If you have something like this you need to get to a Dr. It is very contagious so always be careful. Like BBDE said, showers after close contact with others should always be the first line of defense.

BIGGBROTHER
09-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Thank you

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Just the fact that the link is for the Center for Disease Control is scary enough for me.

Old Dog
09-19-2004, 10:53 PM
I read on another thread that experts were warning coaches that they need to let the kids take their washing home and get rid of all the existing bar soap plus use only liquid soap dispencers in the showers.

SintonFan
09-19-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Guys, the Staph is called MRSA and it is very common right now. There has been a large outbreak all over Texas. It can be treated and is not threatening as long as you treat it and don't ignore it. Here is a link:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/hip/Aresist/mrsafaq.htm

Surgery is a possibility but these are very extreme cases. You can treat it, the bottom line is that you do not ignore it. It will begin as something that will look like a wart, then develop into something more like a boil with a dollar size red area surronding a pus filled, raised area in the middle that will not go away by popping. If you have something like this you need to get to a Dr. It is very contagious so always be careful. Like BBDE said, showers after close contact with others should always be the first line of defense.
WOS1, brown recluse spider bites have been horrible this year, too. Talking to a couple of coastal bend medical professionals, they(both) said this is a bad year for these spider bites.
Watch what you're doing and make sure you where long pants. It helps for folks on the ranch.

BIGGBROTHER
09-20-2004, 02:58 AM
thank you all that took this seriously
the center of disease control said its not in the laundry or cleaning
of facilities it helps but the problem starts with the skin
its a dormant bacteria that even antibacterial soap does not contain, not sure of actual catalyst so the prevent measure is a soap called hibiclens

thanks sinton

exbccards76'smom
09-20-2004, 05:41 AM
The more advanced Staph infection is called MRSA. This strain of Staph is resistant to just about every antibiotic there is. There are 2 that are given IV(intravenous)that will knock it out eventually. I understand about this because my son had a bout with it. His came up on his lip. If your player get this, this is what the infection control nurse at the hospital where I work said to do: First, wash all of the person's bedding in hot water and use bleach. Second, mix up a mixture of bleach water(about 10 to 1)and spray just about every surface in the house with it.