PDA

View Full Version : Makin' Noise

dawgmom
09-19-2004, 04:37 PM
As spectators, what kind of noise makers do you take to games? And then, as players, what kind of noise makers do you like to hear at games and/or pep rallies?

3afan
09-19-2004, 04:47 PM
i take my binoculars ..........

HighSchool Fan
09-19-2004, 04:49 PM
The only noise makers that should be aloud are the fans voices and the Bands.

Gobbla2001
09-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Vocal cords and hands...

dawgmom
09-19-2004, 05:16 PM
This is interesting. I would think maybe some alternate form of noise would be desired. But, voice and hands work for me as well! Although I have been known to take a metal sign to rattle, or the occasional air horn for really big games, or then there is the helmet with bb's or pellets or something inside that can be shaken, oh yeah, and the clapper! As you can tell, I go prepared just in case the voice gives out!

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2004, 05:27 PM
My voice, projected from my diaphragm not my throat (my momma taught me how to yell :D ), my hands, feet & a cowbell.

Gobbla2001
09-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
My voice, projected from my diaphragm not my throat (my momma taught me how to yell :D ), my hands, feet & a cowbell.

Do you sing, too?

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Only during the National Anthem. :D Any other time would be just plain embarrassing. :p

CHSBaseball07
09-19-2004, 05:35 PM
haha......... we got a notice here at caldwell that said no more noisemakers (air horns and stuff like that) b/c we had small ones that werent even exactly loud and they got mad......

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/2004_05/003/benson_400_10.jpg

La Grange
09-19-2004, 05:36 PM
During the playoffs our fans take gallon propane tanks with ball bearings in them, but during the season they just have their voices and those little clapper thingies.

Da Mules
09-19-2004, 06:13 PM
I like to stomp the metal bleachers. Lotsa Mule fans have some clappers and cowbells. I have a stadium horn, but it's kind of hard to blow, so don't use it.

3afan
09-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
During the playoffs our fans take gallon propane tanks with ball bearings in them, but during the season they just have their voices and those little clapper thingies.

why just for the playoffs?

BIGGBROTHER
09-19-2004, 07:09 PM
the hippo grunt fueled by frito pie nachos peanuts and cokes
i work out all year just for football and since i dont play anymore i work out for the concession stand
im spreading the word please read OUTBREAK thread beside the comedy the serious issue is still their none of the kids need this stuff and it is pretty bad

Hawk Fan Izzy
09-19-2004, 07:20 PM
I personally start playing on my marimba or mallet instruments, or maybe some cymbals.

Yeah, I'm in the band.

La Grange
09-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
why just for the playoffs?

Well the fans can take them to the away games, but they are not allowed inside Leopard Stadium. The main reason is politics, the old season ticket holders don't want to listen to the shakers, and that is the bottom line.

You have probably heard them at acouple of baseball games, they are pretty loud.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Yeah, last year whenever I went and watched La Grange play Marlin at Waco ISD, there were about 30 or 40 people with those propane bottles. Very loud and irritating, I might add.

slpybear the bullfan
09-19-2004, 09:38 PM
NOISE MAKERS ARE THE BIGGEST WHIPPING TO WATCHING A FOOTBALL GAME.

Uggh.

The Band and the Fan's voices... thats all ya need!

MHO,

Keith7
09-19-2004, 09:41 PM
I like Atlanta's Band they played alot of current music, and had half the crowd dancing, but it was kinda distracting now that i think about it:thinking:

dawgmom
09-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about my various sizes of cowbells that I also take! I don't know why I take all this stuff when my hands and voice are loud enough???!!:rolleyes: :clap:

Ranger Mom
09-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Gotta have my clappers....I haven't used my hands in so long to clap, they hurt when I try!:(

Also gotta carry along the megaphone to help the cheerleaders out when they do Two Bits, since the crowd doesn't seem to be able to hear them...but that's a whole other thread that I posted a couple of years ago!

Do you stand up and holler? (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=25968#post25968)

Old Dog
09-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Sitting in front of some of those extreme noise makers can really get on the nerves after 2-3 hours.

I don't know how coaches are today, but back in the stone age, our ole coach told us, "if you hear your girlfriend or mommy yelling, your ain't focused on the game enough".

Ranger Mom
09-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Sitting in front of some of those extreme noise makers can really get on the nerves after 2-3 hours.

I don't know how coaches are today, but back in the stone age, our ole coach told us, "if you hear your girlfriend or mommy yelling, your ain't focused on the game enough".

I think some people watch where us group of "moms" sit and go find them a seat as far away as they can. But on the other hand, some people look for us so they can be with the "fun" crowd!!

People know not to sit behind us cause we NEVER sit down!

dawgmom
09-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Ranger Mom...I went back and read those posts. :) I need you here! Sounds like you watch games like I do! Yelling encouragement and support and showing team spirit, every step of the game! :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: KEEP IT UP!

Old Dog
09-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Ranger Mom, I think you may have me pegged as ole fuddy duddy; if so you are probably correct! My Mrs. says I take football WAY too serious.......Guilty as charged (only high school ball).

Ranger Mom
09-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Ranger Mom, I think you may have me pegged as ole fuddy duddy; if so you are probably correct! My Mrs. says I take football WAY too serious.......Guilty as charged (only high school ball).

Would you be one of those people who sit as far away from me and my friends as you can??:D :) :(

dawgmom
09-20-2004, 10:55 AM
:cheerl:

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2004, 11:02 AM
I always warn people who sit in front of me that I am loud, giving them an opportunity to get up & move before the game starts. Somehow, they just don't believe me. :eek: A couple of years ago, a set of 30 (or so) year old twin ladies sat in front of me & I gave them my standard warning. About half-way through the 1st qtr, one of them turned around and said, "Wow, you weren't kidding" and they got up and moved right then. (I think they weren't able to hear each other's yip-yap.) Most folks just "conveniently" find someplace else to sit after the 1st half. :D

JasperDog94
09-20-2004, 11:03 AM
My mom always brings 3 or 4 cowbells. That's typically what I use now. My voice gives our too easily and I have to sing on Sunday mornings.:)

dawgmom
09-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Maybe sometime we can be cheering for each others teams! I would LOVE sitting with your group. For the most part, in my area of seats, I am the only one really yelling!

dawgmom
09-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
My mom always brings 3 or 4 cowbells. That's typically what I use now. My voice gives our too easily and I have to sing on Sunday mornings.:)
What area of the stands does your mom sit in? I will be looking for her!

handNthedirt
09-20-2004, 11:10 AM
As a former player and now a coach, the drumline has always gotten my mind right, everything else I find annoying.

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Last year, at Burnet, I had the "misfortune" to sit in front of a band mom. I'm all for the band & I will not stand up during half-time in front of the parents so that they're unable to see their child perform. I'm thinking it must've been her first game, as she told me "Sit down, this is a football game, for pete's sake".

dawgmom
09-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Don't you just love inexperienced football fans! :doh:

JasperDog94
09-20-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by dawgmom
What area of the stands does your mom sit in? I will be looking for her! When she's not working the concession stands she's on the very top row, just to the left of the pressbox. (as you're looking at the pressbox from the field) She didn't do too much yelling this past week. She was more interested in her 1 year old granddaughter that was at the game with her.:)

dawgmom
09-20-2004, 11:23 AM
I will be looking for her at the next home game!

Bandera YaYa
09-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Oh yeah, I forgot about my various sizes of cowbells that I also take! I don't know why I take all this stuff when my hands and voice are loud enough???!!:rolleyes: :clap: ...you do it because you are a CRAZY FOR YOUR DAWG'S MOM !!!!! That's why!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

dawgmom
09-20-2004, 02:43 PM
http://kit.netpoets.net/mirror.gif
You are so right YaYa!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-20-2004, 08:59 PM
Can a Band get a penalty for being to loud? Last friday in Georgia HS Football my nephew's team got a unsportsmanlike penalty for band being to loud. :D :D :D never heard of that before

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Maybe they violated the local noise ordinance. That's retarded.

Cat22
09-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Here's a UIL rule I thought was interesting.

According to section 1208 (n) of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules:

MASCOTS, FIREARMS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, Balloons. Live animal mascots, cannons, firearms, fireworks, etc. are prohibited at League athletic contests. Except in their normal course of business, emergency vehicles shall not flash lights or sound sirens during the course of a game. Noisemakers are prohibited at League athletic events held in field houses and/or gymnasiums. Releasing balloons is prohibited at League athletic events held outdoors.

Local school districts are allowed to make more restrictive policies for their stadiums and schools.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-21-2004, 12:14 PM
noise makers aren't allowed in our district. too bad it looks fun.
we do havee a few fans that scream pretty loud and we have some student body called the jerks. they do their best to make racket.

dawgmom
09-21-2004, 12:24 PM
The penalty for the band being too loud is ridiculous! That is part of the reason they are there! I think I would file a complaint with TASO if I were the coach.
I can't believe releasing balloons is against UIL rules :eek: