PDA

View Full Version : Merkel vs. Breckenridge

MHSvarsity2007
09-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Merkel is playing Breckenridge in Breckenridge on Friday....any predictions?

Merkel 3-1 in district

MY PREDICTION:
MERKEL 35
BRECKENRIDGE 28

VWG
09-19-2004, 04:54 PM
I didn't see what Breckenridge did last week, but I know they've started off strong this year.
Would think that this should be a good game.
Two good QB's going at it in this one. Lambert for Merkel and I think the kid's name is Heatly (SP?) from Breckenridge.

tomlandry
09-19-2004, 09:49 PM
MERKEL 35 BRECK 21 SPEED KILLS . LAMBERT'S FAST BUT IT WILL BE A GOOD GAME.

TAMMEDLION
09-20-2004, 08:51 AM
This will be the best "D" Merkel has seen all year
breck 38 merkel 20!

vet93
09-20-2004, 09:04 AM
I agree Tom....speed kills and Merkel has that. Breck has been playing well this year so I would say that the game may be a bit closer but I still like the Badgers in this one.

Originally posted by tomlandry
MERKEL 35 BREK 21 SPEED KILLS . LAMBERT'S FAST BUT WILL BE A GOOD GAME.

Johnny Moxen
09-20-2004, 09:15 AM
I think it's Breck by a touch down.

pero chato
09-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Both teams are playing well. I'll go with Merkel in a close one. 17-14.

golfie
09-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Breckenridge 41
Merkel 18

I'm being a little conservative...The Bucks are back boys.......:clap:

Blk&Gold4ever
09-20-2004, 11:27 AM
I have to take Merkel by 10. They're getting stronger every week.

Redman
09-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Look forward to this game. Breck is solid on both sides of the ball. Merkel will not blow this one out but should be on top in the end. Merkel 28 and Breck 21. Could go either way though. Good luck Merkel, I'll be there watching.

wildstangs
09-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Redman
Look forward to this game. Breck is solid on both sides of the ball. Merkel will not blow this one out but should be on top in the end. Merkel 28 and Breck 21. Could go either way though. Good luck Merkel, I'll be there watching.

Redman, This looks like it should be a great one. Too close to call in my opinion. Give me a holler Friday night with some scores if you dont mind!

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-20-2004, 11:53 PM
Did Merkel get beat by 2A Holliday?
Or am I thinking of another team?

VWG
09-21-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Did Merkel get beat by 2A Holliday?
Or am I thinking of another team?

Holliday did beat Merkel, but it was like 21-14. Not a bad game by Merkel.

CatWoman
09-21-2004, 08:38 AM
I don't know anything about Breckenridge, but based on what I saw of Merkel, I think Merkel wins by a couple of touchdowns, unless personal fouls do them in.

Rooster#70
09-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Breck- to many weapons

tomlandry
09-21-2004, 10:42 AM
merkel by 21

lambert is too fast.

Redman
09-21-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Redman, This looks like it should be a great one. Too close to call in my opinion. Give me a holler Friday night with some scores if you dont mind!

No problem Wildstangs, I'll call around half. Just curious who you think will be victorious should be close but will have to be a winner?

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Breckenridge will win this one. Holliday was beaten last weekend by Bowie. that is the same Bowie that hasn't won a district game in like 4 years. I just can't get past that, so I will say Breckenridge.

I'm trying to decide if I should catch this game or Iowa Park and Old High. Breckenridge is about 1 1/2 from me so it would be a long drive. Tell me more about Merkel this year. I know about Breck already as Vernon (my home team) plays them every year.

wildstangs
09-22-2004, 09:54 PM
No problem Wildstangs, I'll call around half. Just curious who you think will be victorious should be close but will have to be a winner?

For Merkel to win, they have to control the ball. Long, time consuming drives is their best shot. Keep feeding it to Lambert and Maxey, just make sure they hold onto it this week!

Redman
09-22-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Breckenridge will win this one. Holliday was beaten last weekend by Bowie. that is the same Bowie that hasn't won a district game in like 4 years. I just can't get past that, so I will say Breckenridge.

I'm trying to decide if I should catch this game or Iowa Park and Old High. Breckenridge is about 1 1/2 from me so it would be a long drive. Tell me more about Merkel this year. I know about Breck already as Vernon (my home team) plays them every year.

Merkel and Breck match up very well. Two totally different style offenses. Merkel is very strong with the run with a good passing game they haven't tapped into as much but when they do it has been successful. Defensively Merkel has been improving each week. Would say that Breck will have their hands full with their style offense. Merkel covers the pass very well or have so far. They create turnovers and are quick to the ball. Merkel in my opinion overall has good coaching staff and kids that want to win. Good combination. They lost alot of Srs last year but have kids stepping up and that is what it takes year in year out. Holiday game, tough game. No excuses we lost . You know that turnovers usually or can cost you the game. We had way too many from start to finish, 6 if I am not mistaken. Holiday was huge, surpised to hear of their loss. Don't think that will stop them, they have an excellent running game and a solid defense. Bowie either got them on a down night or might need to be looked at a little closer.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Merkel and Breck match up very well. Two totally different style offenses. Merkel is very strong with the run with a good passing game they haven't tapped into as much but when they do it has been successful. Defensively Merkel has been improving each week. Would say that Breck will have their hands full with their style offense. Merkel covers the pass very well or have so far. They create turnovers and are quick to the ball. Merkel in my opinion overall has good coaching staff and kids that want to win. Good combination. They lost alot of Srs last year but have kids stepping up and that is what it takes year in year out. Holiday game, tough game. No excuses we lost . You know that turnovers usually or can cost you the game. We had way too many from start to finish, 6 if I am not mistaken. Holiday was huge, surpised to hear of their loss. Don't think that will stop them, they have an excellent running game and a solid defense. Bowie either got them on a down night or might need to be looked at a little closer.

I think this is going to be the one for me tomorrow night. On any given Friday Night brother anything can happen. Maybe Holiday took Bowie too lightly.

My wife and I plan to road trip to Breckenridge then. I'm ready to see a good game.

Who will be there from the downlow?

Johnnypaycheck
09-23-2004, 09:45 AM
anyone from breck on here? if so, IM me, i have a question for you...

Black_Magic
09-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Merkel by 7

Blk&Gold4ever
09-23-2004, 11:41 AM
I havent seen merkel this year. just tv hightlight. but i saw breck, they might be 4-0 but they seemed weak to me. the QB did everything he could but catch it himself.

i have to pick merkel.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-24-2004, 11:48 AM
I'll be there at this one tonight. I hope it is as good a game as it has been built up to be.

Will anyone else be at this one? Are there any Merkel players that post on here?