PDA

View Full Version : 2 more Rattler family Losses.....

NHSRattler60
09-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Friday night the Navasota Rattler Band lost 2 members in a car accident involving a drunk driver. The Driver got away. Please prey for these familys and friends as the tough times continue for our school. They will be missed.

Gobbla2001
09-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Man... That's bad...

I lost my only sister in an accident involving a drunk driver almost three years ago... Luckily this dude didn't get away...

Sad happenings for the folks in 'Sota...

Ranger Mom
09-19-2004, 03:25 PM
The family, friends and community have my prayers!

big daddy russ
09-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Definitely in my prayers, Rattler. I'll be thinking of you folks down the road everytime the Big Guy hears from me.

Speed24
09-19-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about this..
Columbus will keep the rattlers, and town of navasota in our prayers..

44INAROW
09-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Man... That's bad...

I lost my only sister in an accident involving a drunk driver almost three years ago... Luckily this dude didn't get away...

Sad happenings for the folks in 'Sota...

I didn't know that Gobbla..... sorry for your loss as well as the loss in Navasota.. Hopefully the guy will be caught soon.

Gobbla2001
09-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I didn't know that Gobbla..... sorry for your loss as well as the loss in Navasota.. Hopefully the guy will be caught soon.

Well, my real dad got around I guess you could say, so that may not be my 'only' sister... Prolly why you never knew, didn't talk about it much and she didn't live in the area...

snakebite
09-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Navasota has lost 3 of its youth in less than a month and it has been hard on the community, especially the high school students and faculty and of course the teenagers' families. Both victims in this accident were sophomores and one has a twin. All kids who are posting remember that nobody is invinsible. Hopefully the drunk driver will be caught soon.

NHSRattler60
09-19-2004, 05:08 PM
the other 3 in the vehicle are released and ok.

Rattlermom
09-19-2004, 05:45 PM
The father of the girl who was killed was driving the car when it was rear ended by the scumbag who fled the scene. It happened in Houston. They were on their way to a family reunion, but had to leave after the game because the daughter was in the band. The boy that was killed was a friend.

Keep these families in your prayers....

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2004, 05:55 PM
They're in mine.

BIGGBROTHER
09-19-2004, 07:32 PM
semper fie

Bandera YaYa
09-19-2004, 07:40 PM
This is just so sad...ONCE AGAIN a drunk driver ends a life...no, it makes me sooooooooooo mad!!! What the hell will it take to get drunk drivers off our roads?????!!!! It disgusts me to no end!!! They get 2, 3 chances before they get slapped on the hand......UGH!!!!!!!! Our legal system has gotten where it totally protects the sleezy,...some sleezy lawyer will get him off, so he can tank up and get behind the wheel again!! UGH!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Gobbla2001
09-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Yulp... that sux...

Do they know what the guy was driving or anything?

PhiI C
09-19-2004, 07:43 PM
My sympathy to the family and community involved.

Bandera YaYa
09-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Well, my real dad got around I guess you could say, so that may not be my 'only' sister... Prolly why you never knew, didn't talk about it much and she didn't live in the area... I am saddened to hear this about your sister......I hope the person that did it, is rotting in jail...or better, I hope he (she) is burning in hell. I can't imagine how horrible this was. God Bless.

Specklebelly
09-19-2004, 07:48 PM
The Navasota community will definitely be in my prayers. Its just tragic to see a life end so soon.

I do have one question though. If the driver of the at fault vehicle has not been found, how do you know he was drunk?

Rattlermom
09-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Oh, yes they know what he was driving! It was crashed into our friends car and he got out of his car and ran off!

To answer the above question "how do they know he was drunk"

I haven't heard that they do know it was a drunk driver other than what I have read on here. Just that he left the scene.

Gobbla2001
09-19-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Rattlermom
Oh, yes they know what he was driving! It was crashed into our friends car and he got out of his car and ran off!

ohhhhhhh, dang, that sux....

exbccards76'smom
09-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Our prayers are with you guys...

SintonFan
09-19-2004, 08:12 PM
We will pray for those kids. May God bless them, their families and the community.

BrahmaMom
09-19-2004, 08:22 PM
The Rattlers may be our rivals, but they are also our neighbors. Bellville's prayers are with the Navasota community at this time of tragedy. I hope this sad event wakes at least one person up to the consequences of drinking and driving-- they are serious and permanent and affect whole towns. God Bless.

NHSRattler60
09-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Cold open containers and supposed vommit in the car, but thats just what the family has told me.

Specklebelly
09-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Cold open containers and supposed vommit in the car, but thats just what the family has told me.

Proof enough for me. I hope they are successful tracking the sorry SOB down.

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Specklebelly
Proof enough for me. I hope they are successful tracking the sorry SOB down.

Ditto.

dawgmom
09-19-2004, 10:30 PM
My prayers are with the community of Navasota. I do hope that when this idiot is caught, and I believe he will be, there are no cameras around so there can be no claim of police brutality! He deserves what he gets!!!

Eagles52
09-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Deest sympathies and heartfelt prayers for Navasota and especially those families involved from Barbers Hill and I'm sure every other community that hears about this

LogieJoeBean001
09-20-2004, 05:42 AM
My deepest sympathies for you and your community. It has been a really tough time for you guys. By the Grace of God, ya'll will pull through. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. May they catch this person SOON and may he get what he deserves. It may not be in this life, but rest assured, he will pay in the other life. :crying:

justagirl2
09-20-2004, 06:42 AM
http://www.theeagle.com/region/localregional/092004navasotateens.php

Cut/Paste version

Navasota teens die in Houston hit-and-run accident

By SOMMER HAMILTON
Eagle Staff Writer

Two Navasota High School sophomores were killed early Saturday in Houston in a hit-and-run accident after police said a car rear-ended their vehicle while stopped near a construction zone.

Cody Joswiak, 16, of Millican and Shaylyn Nobles, 15, of Navasota died instantly, said Houston police Sgt. T.D. McCabe. The two were in the back seat of a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero.

Three others in the car, including Shaylyn’s father and two other high school students, were not seriously injured, authorities said.

A 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix was traveling at a high speed — a witness estimated it was going between 80 and 90 mph — when it veered into a lane on Interstate 610 and hit the Oldsmobile in which the Navasota students were passengers just after 12:40 a.m., McCabe said. The Oldsmobile then hit a Ford Taurus stopped in front of it.

The driver of the Pontiac fled on foot, and witnesses said he appeared uninjured, McCabe said. Police have registration papers for the vehicle, but McCabe said late Sunday that he was unsure if the driver had been apprehended.

Earl Nobles, 41, was driving the Oldsmobile. His nephew, Brandon Nobles, 15, and friend 16-year-old Megan Cervantes also were in the car, said Officer R.C. Stafford.

Navasota High School Principal David Young said Sunday that it appeared the group was heading to Galveston for a weekend vacation.

Counselors from the school district, with support from Bryan and other district counselors, will be at the school Monday to talk with students and those affected by the teens’ deaths.

“People ask a lot of questions at times like this,” Young said. “Both of these kids were just bright, bubbly individuals that made Navasota High School a better place.”

• Sommer Hamilton's e-mail address is shamilton@theeagle.com.

HornetMom
09-20-2004, 08:00 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with the families and the community. And hopefully they have the driver in custody soon.