PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill Vs. West Columbia

RBARKER
09-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Well lets get this started. BH vs. West Columbia in West Columbia this should be an awesome game between two teams that have never meet. Both teams are 4-0 and are underrated IMHO. I can't even guess a score in this game which has me worried. BH defense is tough so I know it will be a low scoring game for the Necks. On O the BH QB is in question can he heal his hand enough before this game to air out the ball more? This is going be a long drive to see this game , but it will be well worth it. Comments?

WOS1
09-19-2004, 11:03 AM
It looks like BH has a little trouble with speed, they are going to see it again this week and more of it. WC likes the drop to 3A and are again playing with confidence which they lacked in 4A. I'll take WC 21-14.

Goldenstick
09-19-2004, 11:25 AM
I'll take West Columbia also! I think they have some good size and speed

EAGLETOWN
09-19-2004, 12:52 PM
Hey RB what time is the wagon leaving Friday.

Gonna be a good one!!:cheerl:

Necked
09-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Get there a little early if possible, as its a homecoming game and its gonna be a bitch trying to find a place to park...

hsfootballrules
09-19-2004, 04:33 PM
After agood win for BH last week I think they will be down this week......a long bus ride and banged up I think this could get out of hand..........sorry BH

Barbers Hill 10
West Columbia 35

BHtheHILL
09-19-2004, 05:52 PM
HSfootballrules. Glad to see that we are the underdogs in this one. The hill boys were banged up last week before the Diboll game. We should have two starters back this week and other players more healthy. You have the score right but its BH 35 WC 10.

mistanice
09-19-2004, 07:22 PM
I'd like to point out to RBarker that Diboll did have less penalities than BH in the game which is a plus, but we still LOSS! ha, Turnovers killed diboll.

eagle.eyes
09-19-2004, 10:35 PM
I disagree Mistanice, half the team playing both ways hurt Diboll. BH not playing both ways and taking Diboll's passing game away hurt them.

mistanice
09-20-2004, 12:38 AM
I was just referring to his comments about the game last week when he said Diboll had a lot of penalties coming into the game. He said diboll had more in 1 game than BH had in all 3. I'm proud that they improved on that aspect.

SintonFan
09-20-2004, 12:40 AM
BH by 7...:clap:

Jody
09-20-2004, 06:18 AM
I also have no idea about the score on this one. I have to go with BH, just because the are my team. Dibol was a good team, but thier guys were playing 2 and 3 ways and they just flat ran out of gas. Our QB having a broke hand did not help us much, as he was unable to pass the ball.

If our QB heals and we prepare well, I go with BH by 7.

RBARKER
09-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
Hey RB what time is the wagon leaving Friday.

Gonna be a good one!!:cheerl:

We are going to leave my house at 4:30.

chaingang
09-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Well lets get this started. BH vs. West Columbia in West Columbia this should be an awesome game between two teams that have never meet. Both teams are 4-0 and are underrated IMHO. I can't even guess a score in this game which has me worried. BH defense is tough so I know it will be a low scoring game for the Necks. On O the BH QB is in question can he heal his hand enough before this game to air out the ball more? This is going be a long drive to see this game , but it will be well worth it. Comments?

West Columbia 44

BH 0

:D :clap:

Sorry, had to.

RBARKER
09-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Necked
Get there a little early if possible, as its a homecoming game and its gonna be a bitch trying to find a place to park...

THanks for the Info. how is the vistor stands at West Columbia, are they big or small? Also could I get some direction from you we plan on taking I-10 to Beltway 8 then south on 288 but from there I have no Idea.

RBARKER
09-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
I'd like to point out to RBarker that Diboll did have less penalities than BH in the game which is a plus, but we still LOSS! ha, Turnovers killed diboll.

Point taken, Diboll looked good exspecially on defense.

RBARKER
09-20-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules
After agood win for BH last week I think they will be down this week......a long bus ride and banged up I think this could get out of hand..........sorry BH

Barbers Hill 10
West Columbia 35

THe BH Defense is to strong to allow 35 points. This will be another low scoring game.

RBARKER
09-20-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
West Columbia 44

BH 0

Sorry, had to.

Your killing me :doh:

pancho villa
09-20-2004, 09:46 AM
I like Columbia in this one, Necks by 10.
Brand new vistor stands(nice)
Take a rt. on 35 from 288 then 15 miles to W. C.

BlueBlood
09-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Barbers Hill 21-7 if we have all our players this week. Otherwise, flip a coin.

scrub c
09-20-2004, 10:05 AM
dont know if our boys can hang with all the speed BH has.
Just heard coach in his weekly radio interview and he is worried about BH's skill kids and their team speed on defense. Also, all the distractions of this being homecoming for the NECKS.

must admit i'm a little worried.

RBARKER
09-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
Just heard coach in his weekly radio interview and he is worried about BH's skill kids and their team speed on defense. Also, all the distractions of this being homecoming for the NECKS.

I think we are all worried about this game. It could go either way I just hope we can come of this game with no more Injurys. After this week we have a long a waited Bye week to heal up and prepare for district.

eagle08
09-20-2004, 10:13 AM

I'm with you scrub c on the homecoming comment. I have always thought homecoming festivities distract players from the task at hand.....which is to win a football game. This had me worried last week against Diboll.

raider red 2000
09-20-2004, 10:50 AM
i dont see west columbia matching up well. i thing BH by a bunch. BH must be able to stop the run......WC cant pass gas.

also, wc runs a swinging gate type punt.....i am sure that the BH coaches have seen it on tape. boys better be ready for run,run,run

shellman54
09-20-2004, 11:04 AM
teams have a very difficult time running against BH. i don't see this game being any different. BH - 35 WC 13

Jody
09-20-2004, 11:55 AM
I have been trying to find out a little info about the teams WC beat. Are any of them really any good? I don't know much about this district, so I am going on a lot of assumptions at this point. I guess 4-0 means something, but how do they compare to the tams BH has beaten to be 4-0. Any info would be helful and appreciated:

By the way, Anahuac and Dickenson have both gone on to beat quality teams after their losses to BH. Why do you think that is?

BH Record
BH - 38 Anahuac - 0
BH - 35 Vidor - 19 (Vidor 4-A)
BH - 31 Dickenson - 0 (Dickenson 4-A)
BH - 17 Dibol - 14

My uneducated prediction: BH 24 Columbia 10 (More for BH but it is their homecoming game)

shellman54
09-20-2004, 12:22 PM
WC played Yoakum, Brazosport (4a), Lamar Cons (4a), and Hempstead. don't have scores or records yet

OldEagle73
09-20-2004, 12:53 PM
man oooo i sweated that hole game last week againist dibol, now on to wc i will have to go with bh on this one again cause that group of seniors and the rest of the team there on fire they are the best team i have seen come from barbers hill in bout 3 years, but back to wc any one tell me how i can get there from hwy 6 and i-10 thats were i will be.

raider red 2000
09-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
WC played Yoakum, Brazosport (4a), Lamar Cons (4a), and Hempstead. don't have scores or records yet

yoakum- is a pretty good team.
brazosport gave the game to West Columbia
Lamar Consolidated and Hempstead are just plain bad.

some people think that WC is going to be really good, becasue they wre 4a last year. i dont think that they are that good, but they havnt lost a game yet. maybe they are a team that just finds ways to win. these teams can make it hard for oposing teams.

BlueBlood
09-20-2004, 01:21 PM
maybe they are a team that just finds ways to win. these teams can make it hard for oposing teams. ]

Very true. Very true.

Necked
09-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Some folks have asked for directions. I know how nervous I get trying to find a new stadium, so lets see if I can help. And the visitors stand is large, so seating should'nt be a problem (I may sit over there myself if the home side is too crowded again).

RBARKER
On 288, just north of Angleton, take the 523 exit (look for 2 car dealerships on the other side of the highway) & head right on 523. After 3-4 miles you'll hit 521, turn left. Stay on 521 till it ends at Hwy 35 in Bailey's Prairie (Or you can just stay on 288 till it hits 35, 523 will save you a good ten minutes otherwise). Turn right on 35 for 9 miles till WC. Stay on 35 to the middle of town where it will dogleg left at Buccees store. Once you pass the Bartas lumber store curve, the next light will be at the stadium road, you'll see it. The schools parking lot is right there & is where the visitors park.

OldEagle73
Looks like your best route would be to make your way to Hwy 36. I'm not familiar with the traffic up there so I'll let you find the best way to 36. It's a straight shot so just stay on 36 all the way to WC till you hit Hwy 35. Turn left, and the next light is the stadium road.

If any of my other new Barbers Hill friends need directions, just let me know. I'll also fill you in on any info you might want on our team, stats, prior opponents, or whatever....
So, have a safe trip, enjoy the game, and welcome to the First Capital of the Republic of Texas!

RBARKER
09-21-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Necked
Some folks have asked for directions. I know how nervous I get trying to find a new stadium, so lets see if I can help. And the visitors stand is large, so seating should'nt be a problem (I may sit over there myself if the home side is too crowded again).

RBARKER
On 288, just north of Angleton, take the 523 exit (look for 2 car dealerships on the other side of the highway) & head right on 523. After 3-4 miles you'll hit 521, turn left. Stay on 521 till it ends at Hwy 35 in Bailey's Prairie (Or you can just stay on 288 till it hits 35, 523 will save you a good ten minutes otherwise). Turn right on 35 for 9 miles till WC. Stay on 35 to the middle of town where it will dogleg left at Buccees store. Once you pass the Bartas lumber store curve, the next light will be at the stadium road, you'll see it. The schools parking lot is right there & is where the visitors park.

OldEagle73
Looks like your best route would be to make your way to Hwy 36. I'm not familiar with the traffic up there so I'll let you find the best way to 36. It's a straight shot so just stay on 36 all the way to WC till you hit Hwy 35. Turn left, and the next light is the stadium road.

If any of my other new Barbers Hill friends need directions, just let me know. I'll also fill you in on any info you might want on our team, stats, prior opponents, or whatever....
So, have a safe trip, enjoy the game, and welcome to the First Capital of the Republic of Texas!

Thanks, Necked for the Directions and the welcome. BH Should bring a pretty good crowd to the game, BH always travels well. Should be a great game and if the home stands are crowded come on over and sit with us.

OldEagle73
09-21-2004, 10:54 AM
thanks necked i will try to make it now that i know it is going to be that easy, but tell me something necked, how did all the teams that wc played match up to us, just woundering

EAGLETOWN
09-21-2004, 11:58 AM
West Columbia 44

BH 0

Sorry, had to. Hey RB think we got us another BH HATER!!

Remember Jetback he loved to pick against us every week it did not matter who we were playing and he would celebrate forever when he finally got one right.

Wonder where he gone to.:thinking:

My call.

BH 28
WC 14

I think WC is over rated due to them dropping from 4A.

Our D has not given up more than 19 points is one game.

I am not going any higher till they do.

Our O will be OK.

They have had a week to heal and prepare.

Watch out for our special teams.

The twins are due for a K/O return.

The special teams are due for some big plays.

The way they are playing it could happen any time.

18handicap
09-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Exit At SH 35 off of SH288 at Angleton and turn right (west).

You will go about 10 miles and go into West Columbia. In the middle of West Columbia, SH 35 will make a left (there is a Texaco - Bucee's on the left corner, HEB on the right). Turn left and stay on SH 35 and go to the next light. Turn left at that light (there is Elmo's grill on the right) and follow to the stadium which is about a block off of SH 35. If you get to SH 36, you've gone too far.

BHTwinkles
09-21-2004, 07:59 PM
i heard that its columbias homecoming!! is that true

Necked
09-21-2004, 08:10 PM
OldEagle73, its really hard for me to say about that, as I now as much about Barbers Hill as ya'll know about us. Each team we've played so far has had a different style, so take your pick...
Yoakum tried power running...
Brazosport lots of speed, tries beating you with their best atheletes, they are a good team & would have had a winning record this year but Sweeny & Wharton knocked alot of their best players out for awhile...
Lamar Consolidated runs a spead with no-huddle, they had us breathing hard when it was over (I hate that offense, its too scary).
Hempstead, well, they showed good sportsmanship!

We did play Dickinson last year, I don't remember much except they scored on their last drive & beat us by 3 or 4 points.

Necked
09-21-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by BHTwinkles
i heard that its columbias homecoming!! is that true

Yep, so don't forget to wear your mum!!!

WOS92
09-21-2004, 08:30 PM
After all the BH/WO-S talk, I expect a blowout ;)
WO-S has dominated WC for the last few years.:D

Necked
09-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by WOS92

Yea, its true, WOS did "squeek" by us last year...:D

RBARKER
09-22-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by WOS92

That was Then this is now. WC Could be a much improved Team from when WOS played them. I know atleast they are playing with confidence after their drop to 3A and that alone makes a lot of difference.

pancho villa
09-22-2004, 08:03 AM
The necks are dangerous, them eagles better watch out.

chaingang
09-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Your killing me :doh:

OK, OK Ill give yall a FG

WC 44
BH 3 :clap: :D

On a real note, I havent seen either of yall play so I dont know. As much as I HATE to say this, Ill give the nod to BH:doh:

this doesnt change things though, Barker! :D

RBARKER
09-22-2004, 09:29 AM

WC 44

On a real note, I havent seen either of yall play so I dont know. As much as I HATE to say this, Ill give the nod to BH:doh:

Thanks for the confidence in our field goal kicker. Your coming around I'll make a BH fan out of you yet:D

Ps. Newton by 30

EAGLETOWN
09-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Remember this one.

Newton by a million.:D

shellman54
09-22-2004, 12:37 PM
BH by 20+

WO-S by as much as they want to (maybe if we butter them up a little, they will not pick on us as much) :thumbsup:

OldEagle73
09-22-2004, 01:28 PM
hey necked thanks for the info. on what u knew, but anyways bh runs a no hudle and we have many threats, and many different running style, so i hope that both teams just bring there a game and this should be a better match up then last week. o by the way i have a perdiction that will come true, that one of these teams will be 4-1 when it is all over.

scrub c
09-22-2004, 03:06 PM
true,
two enter with no losses
and only one will leave with no losses.

the edge has to go with BH, they are ranked higher and have played tougher opponents. AND its WC's homecoming, something we have not had much success with in the past. And BH's defense is supposed to be the show, WC offense is poor at best, heck they are starting 4 sophmores on the OL.
I just hope the boys are competitive, and go injury free as we have an off week to get ready for district play.

RBARKER
09-22-2004, 03:17 PM
true,
two enter with no losses

the edge has to go with BH, they are ranked higher and have played tougher opponents. AND its WC's homecoming, something we have not had much success with in the past. And BH's defense is supposed to be the show, WC offense is poor at best, heck they are starting 4 sophmores on the OL.
I just hope the boys are competitive, and go injury free as we have an off week to get ready for district play.

According to Matt's poll WC is ranked higher. He has WC at #13 and BH at #24. I think WC will be a good match for BH. Matt has a thing for BH though. I think its becaused he used to rank us high then we would fall early in the playoffs. I hate that next week is bye week I got to find a game! There are a lot of teams off that week. The best one I've found so far around here is Katy Vs. Hastings. Anyone know of any good matchups next week?

hsfootballrules
09-22-2004, 03:24 PM
I will say this again BH is in alot of trouble this week........just watch the injuries or fixing to take an impact............I will also say this after watching them last week for the 2nd time I think if that qb is not healthy they arent even the same team.........He makes them a one or two and done to a contender if he is healthy

RBARKER
09-22-2004, 03:41 PM
I will say this again BH is in alot of trouble this week........just watch the injuries or fixing to take an impact............I will also say this after watching them last week for the 2nd time I think if that qb is not healthy they arent even the same team.........He makes them a one or two and done to a contender if he is healthy

I'll agree with you on one point and that is Chris the qb is a very important part of the team. Chris is healthy the only thing wrong with him is his throwing hand. Chris is a threat on the ground, so that won't effect his running. If Chris has healed his hand BH can open up some on O, but if not BH will have to pound the ball again to try for the win. Last week if we could have thrown the ball BH wins by 2 td's IMHO.

chaingang
09-22-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
BH by 20+

WO-S by as much as they want to (maybe if we butter them up a little, they will not pick on us as much) :thumbsup:

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

pantherpop
09-22-2004, 05:41 PM
Barbers Hill wins this to go 5-0. I knew the hill would be very good this year but they have really turned my head. They have just dominated so far. We still look forward to playing you guys even though it doesn't look like the game everyone thought it would be. Good luck

mistanice
09-22-2004, 06:14 PM
maybe they have dominated the teams b4 diboll, but they squeaked by them 17-14. A game winning fg in the last min. isn't domination. I admit they are a good team though.

pantherpop
09-22-2004, 07:24 PM
your right, yall did give them a good game.

Necked
09-22-2004, 07:53 PM
true,
two enter with no losses
Well, unless they agree to no overtime...

I wouldn't call an offense that averages 350 yds a game poor, but they do have a terrible time with penalties. Sooner or later they gotta get it under 10 a game or its gonna be too much to overcome. And I counted 7 Sophomores playing last week...
I don't think homecoming itself is a problem, we beat Bay City in 2002 on homecoming. I think a large crowd will jazz up both teams. It sure did when I played.....

Necked
09-22-2004, 07:59 PM

WC 44

Flip-flop Flip-flop...
You would'nt happen to be John Kerry?? :D :D

texasfootball05
09-22-2004, 08:48 PM
hey it's nice to see a liberty guy with some class. then again bh guys and lh guys have always been pretty good friends. more so than anybody else in the district. good luck liberty. can't wait to get a rematch this year.

OldEagle73
09-22-2004, 09:19 PM
i have to agree with you there texasfootball05 but back to wc rbarker whens the band wagon headin out or where yall meeting at cause i will not be in houston this week and i was woundering if it would be alright to follow the lead in a sense, anyways what is some of wc most threating players that we will have to worry bout, hopefully hes not anything lke that number 20 dibol had that boy could move.

Necked
09-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by OldEagle73
anyways what is some of wc most threating players that we will have to worry bout, hopefully hes not anything lke that number 20 dibol had that boy could move.

That would be the Sophmore Flannel. He has 555 yrds & an 8.4 yrd avg so far. He'll get half the carries, followed by Scott @ 5.5 yrds, or Darthard @ 5.8 yrds....depending on whos hot that night...

neck_06
09-22-2004, 10:35 PM
everyone seems to be forgetting about the roughneck's defense. these guys have kept the necks in games for the past who knows how long, this year is no exception, they are averaging giving up 170 yards total offense and 12 points per game to their opponents. if they can keep "the dub" in the game going into the 4th quarter, anything can happen from there.

EAGLETOWN
09-23-2004, 07:00 AM
I guess now we have to factor Ivan into both teams line ups, or are we going to even get to play.

The thought of this T/S ruining my Friday night lights really pisses me off. :mad:

How about everyone else.

scrub c
09-23-2004, 07:17 AM
yeah, what he said!
:mad:

pancho villa
09-23-2004, 07:51 AM
You are right eagle.

RBARKER
09-23-2004, 07:51 AM
i have to agree with you there texasfootball05 but back to wc rbarker whens the band wagon headin out or where yall meeting at cause i will not be in houston this week and i was woundering if it would be alright to follow the lead in a sense, anyways what is some of wc most threating players that we will have to worry bout, hopefully hes not anything lke that number 20 dibol had that boy could move.

Eagle 73 do I know you? Myself,Eagletown two others will be leaving from my house at around 4:30 P.M.

RBARKER
09-23-2004, 07:56 AM
I guess now we have to factor Ivan into both teams line ups, or are we going to even get to play.

The thought of this T/S ruining my Friday night lights really pisses me off. :mad:

How about everyone else.

Its not going to ruin my time. I will be sitting in the rain at WC. I just hope the game isn't canceled. Hey Necks how is the drainage at yalls field.

chaingang
09-23-2004, 07:58 AM
The price is wrong BARKER! :D

Sorry, had to.

RBARKER
09-23-2004, 08:01 AM
The price is wrong BARKER! :D

Sorry, had to.

If your talking about Coach Price I agree:D

Jody
09-23-2004, 11:04 AM
RBARKER

You know I will be there. I'll ice down the victory suds and be at your casa before 4:30. No horse this week.....my head hurt too long!

OldEagle73
09-23-2004, 11:33 AM
RBARKER u should know of me at least my name is Randy Powell number 73 from last year played deffense, well anyways me and a couple of the guys from bh are all loading up in my truck and heading out to wc and i was woundering just how in the hell to get there cause i have never been there before, but RBARKER who are u do i know u?

RBARKER
09-23-2004, 11:45 AM
RBARKER u should know of me at least my name is Randy Powell number 73 from last year played deffense, well anyways me and a couple of the guys from bh are all loading up in my truck and heading out to wc and i was woundering just how in the hell to get there cause i have never been there before, but RBARKER who are u do i know u?

no you probally dont know me I'm an old has been graduated in 89.:D Now I am a professional stand Coach:D I've never been to WC either the directions are on the BH website, but if you want someone to follow I can meet you in the Eagle video Parking lot at around 4:30.

scrub c
09-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Ahhh, Coming to the Scrub, or the dub, or WC for the first time, well here is how you get there. head south and when you get to the boon-docs hang a right, its out in the middle of nowhere. Then you will see the stadium lights. but i must warn you, its not near as nice as the hill. I have seen yalls stadium on the way out to EaglePointe Golf course. WOW and your HS looks like a shopping mall. IMPRESSIVE!

shellman54
09-23-2004, 12:40 PM
randall powell, had you been there guy?

scrub c
09-23-2004, 12:41 PM
this thread is gonna hit 100, cool:cool:

mistanice
09-23-2004, 12:41 PM
i was also impressed with BH HS, man that campus looks great. The stadium is nice too. Are you guys on the verge going 4a?

shellman54
09-23-2004, 12:43 PM
probably at the next realignment. that was the purpose of the new high scholl, to prepare for the surge in enrollment

RBARKER
09-23-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
i was also impressed with BH HS, man that campus looks great. The stadium is nice too. Are you guys on the verge going 4a?

Thanks everyone for the Props on BH. BH does have a nice school and though the school taxes are killing me it sure looks nice. BH could probally be 4A during the next cut as Shellman stated. Mont Belvieu has something like 20 new subdivisions going in right now. I have even heard that BH could possibly be 5A in 10 years.:eek: no one has answer my early question yet. Does WC have any drainge problems or flooding of the field if it rain hard?

Jody
09-23-2004, 01:39 PM
RBARKER

I know exactly how to get to WC including a short-cut, so no worries there. Kayla used to live next to there and when I lived in Palacious I drove through there almost every week. We are looking at about 1 hour and 30 to 45 minutes using the toll road.

I used to fish in West Columbia Lakes years ago and had the fine privilage of having the town Vet/Doctor pull a hook from my thumb with his plyers that were in his pick-up truck. It was a good thing I got there before the LARGE French poodle or we would have missed the early monring bite.

By the way, BH by 10-14 in this one. I think WC will be more than ready for this game and they now have an idea of what works to slow our offense after Diboll.

shellman54
09-23-2004, 01:49 PM
jody, how close is WC to Freeport - Lake Jackson. I might make the trip out there tomorrow, seeing as i live in Deer Park and have about 30 minutes less drive time.

OldEagle73
09-23-2004, 02:03 PM
shellman i have been doing fine and by the way would this be shelton, i am just going to college at lee til next year to go and get my scholarship back, i learned my lesson take ur SAT or you might not go and play football like i was suppose to, but next year i will be in kansas

shellman54
09-23-2004, 02:07 PM
no, not shelton. i use to be an intern coach when you were in eighth grade, i was coaching the seventh grade. which college in kansas?

Jody
09-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Shellman.....we will hit the toll road off of 225 and go 288 south from there. I am sure RBARKER won't mind you following us. Instant Message me if you want and I can give you my cell #.

To answer your question, it is about 1-hour drive from the toll road.

shellman54
09-23-2004, 02:30 PM
thanks jody, see you about that time!

EAGLETOWN
09-23-2004, 03:06 PM

Hey RB I know Randall.

He's alright.

A big boy though don't think me and him both will fit in the Expedition or the Truck.

He will have to follow for sure since he is taking some buddies.

Besides he would pester me the entire trip about borrowing my truck.

Hey RP fiqured out who this is yet.

Shhh don't tell!!

Let's keep it our little secret.

RB I think my brother is going to ride with us MAYBE, not for sure yet.

We got enough room.

scrub c
09-23-2004, 04:44 PM
WC does not have drainage problems, (that Im aware of) BUT, I remember in 2000 the team nick-named themselves "the mudders" because the field was wet the entire year due to rain and it ended up being a pig stye! (you could smell the mud up in the stands.) YUK!

But i think they got it fixed. ( I think)

I hear they may be watering the field down in an effort to slow down some of the speed of the BH skill kids. That may be just a rumor, I will drive by there on the way home and check it out.

eagle08
09-23-2004, 09:25 PM
Thursday night results:

BH Freshman 28 WC 00
BH JV 41 WC 00

RBARKER
09-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey RB I know Randall.

He's alright.

A big boy though don't think me and him both will fit in the Expedition or the Truck.

He will have to follow for sure since he is taking some buddies.

Besides he would pester me the entire trip about borrowing my truck.

Hey RP fiqured out who this is yet.

Shhh don't tell!!

Let's keep it our little secret.

RB I think my brother is going to ride with us MAYBE, not for sure yet.

We got enough room.

I think we will have enough room. I don't think Drunk Butt is going with us now.

RBARKER
09-23-2004, 10:13 PM
WC does not have drainage problems, (that Im aware of) BUT, I remember in 2000 the team nick-named themselves "the mudders" because the field was wet the entire year due to rain and it ended up being a pig stye! (you could smell the mud up in the stands.) YUK!

But i think they got it fixed. ( I think)

I hear they may be watering the field down in an effort to slow down some of the speed of the BH skill kids. That may be just a rumor, I will drive by there on the way home and check it out.

Thanks for the Info Scrub. What I,m seeing on the weather the coaches can save their water, 80% tomorrow:(

scrub c
09-24-2004, 07:41 AM
on the way home from work last night and on the way to work this morning there was this water hose that reels in and it was on and looked to be in the same place both times I drove by. However, I didn't see any water standing, maybe they were testing the drainage?

pancho villa
09-24-2004, 08:01 AM
The field is soaked and it has not rained in 5 days.

scrub c
09-24-2004, 08:18 AM
how do you know panch, where you from?

Jody
09-24-2004, 08:50 AM
They better soak the field, that is the only way to slow down the BH offense......Go ahead an be prepared for a less than 200 yard offensive game WC.

Just kidding guys.........Thanks for all your info.

Keep the rain turtles away!

BH 28
WC 6

pancho villa
09-24-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm from just down the road, I hope your boyfriend dosen't play for BH Jody he could get hurt.
The Necks are dirty players.

scrub c
09-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Panch, you are either freeport trash or sweeny trash, cause only those two places would accuse our boys of being "dirty players".

And I think the field is soaked. Just like it was for the Fleeport Game.

bhswampthang
09-24-2004, 09:26 AM
Randy i do know u and u did not play a down for bh. You were just a sideline banditt. In the game tonight Bh will come out on top as long as we all stay healthy.:eek:

pancho villa
09-24-2004, 09:30 AM
Them Necks are dirty, BH watch out.

scrub c
09-24-2004, 09:31 AM
boy, there are the key words for both teams.
COME OUT OF THE GAME healthy!
I believe we both have an off week after the game. But it sure would be nice to not get anyone hurt and be fully rested for the start of district.

scrub c
09-24-2004, 09:32 AM
panch must be freeport trash that washed up from ivan.:kiss:

pancho villa
09-24-2004, 09:39 AM
I know every time some team plays ya'll a couple of the other teams kids get hurt on chickens@&t hits.

scrub c
09-24-2004, 10:49 AM
not true

scrub c
09-24-2004, 10:50 AM
not even close to true, are sure you are not thinking of someone else?

shellman54
09-24-2004, 10:53 AM
100 posts on this thread!!!!!

scrub c
09-24-2004, 10:55 AM
102 and counting

EAGLETOWN
09-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Almost time for the wagon to roll!!

YEPEEEE!!!

shellman54
09-24-2004, 12:50 PM
ok, i am going to try to get off work a little early, so i can meet ya'll about the time ya'll come through DP.

Jody
09-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Ahh.....no worries about being dirty. Our guys will hit clean and hard.....just ask Diboll.

One other peice of advice, our QB not only runs the ball, he is likely to run over a few doing it.

You don't think all those fubles were from the dry air do you? Not to mention their highly ranked receiver who only had three receptions and left with a sense of being punished for 4 quarters.

May everyone stay healthy!

OldEagle73
09-24-2004, 03:37 PM
EAGLETOWN yes i know who u are NOW o and by the way when are u going to let me barrow ur truck, but anyways bout the sideline bandit thang from bhswampthang, look only reason why me and 3 starters from the year before did not start is cause coach skidmore was building a team for next year and did nt care if seniors got play time or not, and he did it this year also to casper and couple others that goes to show that some of the coaches are screwing so guys out of playing, junior year i was starting offense and senior year dont even play, but never mind that now shellman still dont know who u are but i am going to Tabor College in hilsboro kansas. to play football and track.

shellman54
09-24-2004, 03:50 PM
name is addison, if that helps any

scrub c
09-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Game tied at 0 - 0 with 1 hour and 40 minutes to KO.

texasfootball05
09-25-2004, 01:39 AM
villa thanks for the warning about columbia. I don't believe i could possibly have less respect for them. they were the most classless team i have ever played against in all my high school career of football. the team was very athletic yes, and they were able to come up with the big plays when they needed them the most, but overall wc was just slightly over average and if they played half as much as they talked they would be a real playoff threat. i hope this doesn't start bad blood between the two teams but i couldn't let that go unsaid.

hsfootballrules
09-25-2004, 01:43 AM
old eagle 73 i dont think the reason you didnt starts was cause of coach skidmore.......i am pretty sure it is becuase you were the biggest baby that has ever came through barbers hill.......talking to the people you played with and the fact that you were in the training room every day and by the way have they cut you from tabor yet or is that even a college

OldEagle73
09-25-2004, 03:43 PM
look i wouldnt be in the training room everyday or even every other day and if i am such a big baby why dont u come and find me i dont even know who u are and we can settle this, but bout tabor i did nt get cut the reason why i am here is because i did nt take my SAT so then i got to take 24 hours of college and go there next year as a transfer , so dont talk bout what you know nothing bout.

eagle08
09-25-2004, 09:21 PM
old eagle 73 i dont think the reason you didnt starts was cause of coach skidmore.......i am pretty sure it is becuase you were the biggest baby that has ever came through barbers hill.......talking to the people you played with and the fact that you were in the training room every day and by the way have they cut you from tabor yet or is that even a college

I agree with you hsfootballrules. Oldeagle73 didn't play, not because of coach skidmore, but because he didn't work hard enough in the offseason, and besides that wasn't good enough, to earn a starting position. The comment about not getting to play because skidmore was looking ahead to next year is a lame excuse. And about casper, he quit because he wasn't getting to play due to the fact that the sophomore twins are as good or better than him and he couldn't take that. Besides the Hill doesn't need individual players. It takes a whole team effort to be successful. If your not good enough to start at the position you want then you excel in special teams or backup roles. You don't just quit, or as oldeagles73 does, make excuses. There are life lessons to be learned in high school football and oldeagle73 it is obvious you failed to learn those valuable lessons.

OldEagle73
09-26-2004, 10:37 PM
man o man o man people and there crap talking look if any of you 2 have a problem with me and the freshman at that talking crap come find me, i aint hard to find, fishers landing, and you will see me. stop by some tiem and we can settle this, then we can see who wants to make excuses,then

mistanice
09-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Ahh.....no worries about being dirty. Our guys will hit clean and hard.....just ask Diboll.

One other peice of advice, our QB not only runs the ball, he is likely to run over a few doing it.

You don't think all those fubles were from the dry air do you? Not to mention their highly ranked receiver who only had three receptions and left with a sense of being punished for 4 quarters.

May everyone stay healthy!

Jody, BH's qb he can run over people but Diboll's #43 layed it to him, towards the end of the game, and 43 is only like 5 '6 or 5'7 150 lbs, He stopped him dead in his tracks and picked him up off the ground and slammed him down, looked ridiculous.