5. Devine (4-0)
6. Wharton (1-2)
7. Port Isabel (2-1)
8. Zapata (4-0)
9. Aransas Pass (4-0)
10. LaVernia (2-1)

marlin fan
09-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Dern Jasper messin things up for Marlin!!! Go Dawgs!!!!! no but seriously Great Job matt Looks good to me!!!! i happy with it!!!

theyoefnshow
09-19-2004, 12:48 PM
*shakes head*

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2004, 12:56 PM
My list:

1. Decatur (4-0)
2. Graham (3-1)
3. Snyder (4-0)
4. Sweetwater (3-1)
5. Canyon (4-0)
6. Gainesville (2-1)
7. Abilene Wylie (3-1)
8. Iowa Park (4-0)
9. Lubbock Cooper (3-1)
10. Perryton (3-1)

I don't think anyone is even close to Decatur; therefore, Graham should be the next best.

Snyder looks good so far.

Sweetwater will continue to improve.

Canyon? Matthew you forgot about them. They are so sneaky winning all those games and not saying a word. Watch them!!

Gainesville bounced back well.

Wylie needs improvement and from what everone says, they will improve as the season goes along.

Iowa Park is 4-0 will be tested in district by Graham and Vernon.

Cooper is a good team.

Perryton --- I don't really know what to think about this team.

Eagles52
09-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Diboll is absolutely a top 10 team in this region, I realize that with two losses right now they wont be on the list but they are a very good team and will make noise in the playoffs

big daddy russ
09-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Region IV looks right on, Matt. Zapata has jumped a little... they're starting to look like one of the juggernauts of the region. It's hard to put Wharton any higher with 2 losses, but I like that spot.

Keith7
09-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
My list:

1. Decatur (4-0)
2. Graham (3-1)
3. Snyder (4-0)
4. Sweetwater (3-1)
5. Canyon (4-0)
6. Gainesville (2-1)
7. Abilene Wylie (3-1)
8. Iowa Park (4-0)
9. Lubbock Cooper (3-1)
10. Perryton (3-1)

I don't think anyone is even close to Decatur; therefore, Graham should be the next best.

Snyder looks good so far.

Sweetwater will continue to improve.

Canyon? Matthew you forgot about them. They are so sneaky winning all those games and not saying a word. Watch them!!

Gainesville bounced back well.

Wylie needs improvement and from what everone says, they will improve as the season goes along.

Iowa Park is 4-0 will be tested in district by Graham and Vernon.

Cooper is a good team.

Perryton --- I don't really know what to think about this team.

When Gainesville blows out Iowa Park will you think better of Gainesville?

Gobbla2001
09-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

I saw Iowa Park play last weekend against Wimberly...

If Gainesville does not beat the Hawks by at least 30, Gainesville isn't as good as we all think they are...

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

If they blow them away. I feel like Gainesville will do well running on IP, But IP will also put up some points.

congo
09-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Zapata shouldn't of even be up there........Last couple of years they are undefeated and bow out to the hands of a 2nd or 3rd place from 32 AAA.........Still PI the defending Division II Regional Champs get no respect........Liberty Hill is tough but last year they averaged just as many yards rushing as they do this year and got shut down rushing wise by PI's Defense.....PI's Defense is much quicker and stronger this year so I'd love to see that match up again.......As much as for PI getting respect thats cool if they get none because they'll earn it like they have the past years in the Playoffs.......

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Does IP and Gainesville play next week? I'm looking for a game to go to.

Keith7
09-19-2004, 09:35 PM
no the week after next

Gainesville plays Royse City this week

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm looking for a game to go to this week. I'm tired of seeing Vernon look bad. (It makes me mad, so I would rather just hear about it)

Chris Hart
09-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by congo
Zapata shouldn't of even be up there........Last couple of years they are undefeated and bow out to the hands of a 2nd or 3rd place from 32 AAA.........Still PI the defending Division II Regional Champs get no respect........Liberty Hill is tough but last year they averaged just as many yards rushing as they do this year and got shut down rushing wise by PI's Defense.....PI's Defense is much quicker and stronger this year so I'd love to see that match up again.......As much as for PI getting respect thats cool if they get none because they'll earn it like they have the past years in the Playoffs....... Sorry, but Liberty Hill is much better this year, than last. Unless a team can pass really well, you don't want to see these guys in the playoffs.

Ktulu345
09-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Does IP and Gainesville play next week? I'm looking for a game to go to.
IP is playing Wichita Falls High this week.

big daddy russ
09-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Zapata shouldn't of even be up there........Last couple of years they are undefeated and bow out to the hands of a 2nd or 3rd place from 32 AAA.........Still PI the defending Division II Regional Champs get no respect........Liberty Hill is tough but last year they averaged just as many yards rushing as they do this year and got shut down rushing wise by PI's Defense.....PI's Defense is much quicker and stronger this year so I'd love to see that match up again.......As much as for PI getting respect thats cool if they get none because they'll earn it like they have the past years in the Playoffs.......
Is this 2003?

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Ktulu345
IP is playing Wichita Falls High this week.

I would love to see IP beat Old High. They can do it as Old High has absolutly no offense. The only thing is that they do have is a very good Defense. I suspect that IP can put up enough points to upset the Coyotes!

Heard it here first.

congo
09-20-2004, 08:58 AM
My point exactly its not 2003......PI is a whole lot better defense wise than last year's team that shut them down.........LH still has the same backs that PI shut down.........It'll be the same outcome if they meet in the playoffs again.........PI is not worried about LH it'll be dejavu once more......

mustang04
09-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Thank you Z Motion, i dunno why everybody is counting out sweetwater?!?!

big daddy russ
09-20-2004, 04:47 PM
My point exactly its not 2003......PI is a whole lot better defense wise than last year's team that shut them down.........LH still has the same backs that PI shut down.........It'll be the same outcome if they meet in the playoffs again.........PI is not worried about LH it'll be dejavu once more......
They shut LH down to the tune of 28 points?

If PI and LH played 10 times, would PI win 10? Not taking anything away from PI, Lord knows they're a good ball club, just some food for thought.

PI-fan
09-20-2004, 05:45 PM
it was 27pts , but no biggie they got a very good team in Liberty Hill, i would like nothing else than a rematch... J.Nieto is also back for the Tarpons, he had 207yards against LH last yr from a total of 490yards by the Tarps.

Best two teams so far from south south texas is PI and Zapata i hope they dont play each other though, i would like each to make their own statement. Zapata will also go DI, but PI might go DI for the first time since they split the divisions. We'll see.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
They shut LH down to the tune of 28 points?

If PI and LH played 10 times, would PI win 10? Not taking anything away from PI, Lord knows they're a good ball club, just some food for thought.

Liberty Hill's bread and butter is their running game, which the Tarpons pretty much shut down entirely. Liberty Hill did most of their damage to Port Isabel through the air, which PI was obviously not prepared for since all Liberty Hill had done in their previous games is run, run, and run some more.

Also, FYI, Liberty Hill runs the Slot-T offense, which a few coaches on the Port Isabel staff know VERY WELL. Port Isabel ran it in the early 90s when Tony Villareal was the head coach. We knew how to run it, and run it well........we also knew how to stop it. Unless Liberty Hill makes some major tweaks to that offense, they'll have a difficult time running the ball on the Seawall Defense.

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Liberty Hill's bread and butter is their running game, which the Tarpons pretty much shut down entirely. Liberty Hill did most of their damage to Port Isabel through the air, which PI was obviously not prepared for since all Liberty Hill had done in their previous games is run, run, and run some more.

As some of us LH folks have said, we CAN & WILL pass when needed. Future possible meetings between PI & LH are 2 months away. Besides, it's Matthew's poll & he can call 'em like he sees 'em. Just my $.02. ;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-20-2004, 08:08 PM
mustang04:

Because they haven't seen them play thats why.

My prediction on the district race:
(I have only seen Sweetwater and Wylie play, but I plan on seeing Clyde too)

1. Sweetwater
2. Snyder
3. Wylie
4. Merkel
5. Clyde

And that is no disrespect to Clyde just I think these other teams are really tough. I have to give Snyder their props although I haven't seen them play, they have yet to be beaten. I think Sweewater will do very good again this year. As long as they stay healthy. Carillo really impressed me with his defensive play and Thompson on offense. Plus the line really held their own against Vernon in the second scrimmage.

Hawk Fan Izzy
09-21-2004, 02:38 AM

Actually, that was the 2001-2002 Season, where Zapata when 10-0 and lost to La Feria in the opening round.

Year after that, they didn't make Playoffs
Last year, they went 8-2, beat La Feria 21-16 than lost to Sinton 40-6

Though, this year, the same teams that Zapata beat by 2 or 3 points, we're beating by 20 plus points.

congo
09-21-2004, 09:01 AM
When you average over "500 yards a game" it is a shut down....They did do very well on the pass.....As everyone saw it suprised everyone even me because I saw them play against Yokam and LH would run the ball even if it was 3rd and 20....Yokam should of beaten you all that game but all the dropped balls doomed them........

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2004, 12:45 PM
When you average over "500 yards a game" it is a shut down....They did do very well on the pass.....As everyone saw it suprised everyone even me because I saw them play against Yokam and LH would run the ball even if it was 3rd and 20....Yokam should of beaten you all that game but all the dropped balls doomed them........

Maybe "should've", but didn't, so it's immaterial. I guess we could talk about the blatant bad calls the year before, but we don't need to go there either. My point is last year's playoff games are water under the bridge - it's 2004 and what our team is doing this year is all that matters.

Gobbla2001
09-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
so it's immaterial.

Ha, immaterial...

That word reminds me of that one Roy Mercer prank call where he calls the guy and says a horse that that guy has trained bit his neighbors' kid's ear off...

"But sir, that's immaterial"

RD Mercer "Immaterial? Nah, she didn't tear no material, she jus bit her dad-gum ear off down thur"

Kool Tarpon 21
09-22-2004, 01:39 PM
I, as a former '03 player from Port Isabel, think that last year was last year. I've been to two Liberty Hill games. I saw them play against Burnet and Manor. I think that they've improved a lot. I see them as being a very hard team to face in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong though, Port Isabel is right there with them. I would love to see that rematch. I'm giving both teams credit and I say it can go either way. Of course, I'll be rooting for Port Isabel, but how someone mentioned...that's not until the playoffs. Until then, let's concentrate on district. Good Luck to the Panthers in district. Keep up the good work.
GO TARPONS!!!