20. Palestine (3-1)
21. Perryton (3-1)
22. Madisonville (4-0)
23. Graham (3-1)
24. Barbers Hill (4-0)
25. Rusk (3-1)

dawgmom
09-19-2004, 09:55 AM
NO! Don't put Jasper at #1! :eek: We don't want to be #1 until after the final game is played! #1 is cursed!!!! But we will take #2 :D .

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by dawgmom
NO! Don't put Jasper at #1! :eek: We don't want to be #1 until after the final game is played! #1 is cursed!!!! But we will take #2 :D .

The curse only lives with the AP poll, not Matthew's. He had ya'll at the #1 spot for week 3 also. ;)

JasperDog94
09-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Hey all you BH folks: Look at this!!!

Originally posted by Matthew328
24. Barbers Hill (4-0)

dawgmom
09-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Oh...okay then. I will pray for #2 on the AP...:D :D

RBARKER
09-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Hey all you BH folks: Look at this!!!

Oh my god I don't know what to say. I would say thanks but still think we are under rated ,but we will see against #13 West Columbia.

Chief Woodman
09-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Matthew,

I am not too sure of the difference in Gainesville and Graham ratings. While it is true Purvey was sick when Gainsville played Decatur, I have to say that Graham at this point is a much better team. Both are good- but Graham could have defeated Decatur. The Gainesville game was only in doubt for a few minutes in the first quarter. Graham was in the hunt until in the 4th quarter.

Just my thoughts after seeing both teams play.

mwynn05
09-19-2004, 12:00 PM
hey matt why do you have rusk at 25

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Matthew,

I am not too sure of the difference in Gainesville and Graham ratings. While it is true Purvey was sick when Gainsville played Decatur, I have to say that Graham at this point is a much better team. Both are good- but Graham could have defeated Decatur. The Gainesville game was only in doubt for a few minutes in the first quarter. Graham was in the hunt until in the 4th quarter.

I agree. Graham should be higher.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2004, 01:00 PM
I think Graham should be a top 10 team.

3afan
09-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
hey matt why do you have rusk at 25

why not?

Keith7
09-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I think Graham should be a top 10 team.

you are crazy

Keith7
09-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Who does Decatur play this week?????

Chief Woodman
09-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Who does Decatur play this week?????
The dreaded and might bye. They have not lost a game this year and have the #1 defense in the state. Have not give up a single point all year. I doubt Decatur wins this week.

Keith7
09-19-2004, 03:43 PM
I heard Whitesboro lost to the bye week a few years back

Keith7
09-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Matthew,

you can't compare teams like that, there are different matchups, and different game plans between these 2 games... Graham eats the clock with there option game to keep the score low, where Gainesville fell be hind early and had to try to catch up...

The only true way to see who is better is for Graham and Gainseville to play eachother

3afan
09-19-2004, 03:56 PM
I heard Whitesboro lost to the bye week a few years back

thats as old as Moses' toes & twice as corny ........... :p

Keith7
09-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
thats as old as Moses' toes & twice as corny ........... :p

sorry just ignore that post, i wasnt trying to be lame

mwynn05
09-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
why not? because they barely beat groesbeck who has been beat hadily by everyone else they have played

WOS1
09-19-2004, 04:38 PM
The dreaded and might bye. They have not lost a game this year and have the #1 defense in the state. Have not give up a single point all year. I doubt Decatur wins this week.

I've heard their offense is as bad as their defense is good... :D

Hawk Fan Izzy
09-19-2004, 07:23 PM
While I might be bias, I thought Zapata might finally get into the Top 25. *sigh* Maybe next week...

Chief Woodman
09-19-2004, 07:51 PM
you can't compare teams like that, there are different matchups, and different game plans between these 2 games... Graham eats the clock with there option game to keep the score low, where Gainesville fell be hind early and had to try to catch up...

The only true way to see who is better is for Graham and Gainseville to play eachother
I agree that the only true way is for the two teams to meet. But since that is impossible at this point, it is my opinion that Graham is CURRENTLY the better team. By the way, it was Decatur who held the ball and denied the Graham team a chance to play offense. Graham only had the ball for 7:20 in the entire second half- 4:40 of that at the very end.

big daddy russ
09-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Hawk Fan Izzy
While I might be bias, I thought Zapata might finally get into the Top 25. *sigh* Maybe next week...
Hawk, from everything I've heard and from the scores I've seen you're a good team. Just remember that rankings go down on paper while the games are played on grass. If you keep playing at the level you're at right now you'll make some noise when it counts the most.

PPHSfan
09-19-2004, 08:32 PM

You're joking...right?:)

Ibleedblue
09-19-2004, 08:48 PM
It looks pretty good but, I think, Port Isabel should be atleast 24. Ne, it's ok the'll be 1 at the end of the season. I bet you're just not putting PI up there because you don't want them to get big headed so early in to the season. LOL! GO BIG BLUE

Keith7
09-19-2004, 08:52 PM

The only thing Zapata has is a pokemon

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/pokedex/species/looky/mugshots/145.gif

congo
09-19-2004, 09:38 PM
I agree that the only true way is for the two teams to meet. But since that is impossible at this point, it is my opinion that Graham is CURRENTLY the better team. By the way, it was Decatur who held the ball and denied the Graham team a chance to play offense. Graham only had the ball for 7:20 in the entire second half- 4:40 of that at the very end.

Ha Ha Ha!!!!! Wasn't Zapata undefeated and having a good season last year and lost to a 3rd place team in district 32AAA??? For them to put Zapata if they were before PI would just be plain crazy.....Like I said in another topic PI would and will do the same to a top 10 team like Liberty Hill like they did last year.......PI has a stronger defense this year than last years

congo
09-19-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hawk, from everything I've heard and from the scores I've seen you're a good team. Just remember that rankings go down on paper while the games are played on grass. If you keep playing at the level you're at right now you'll make some noise when it counts the most.

This one was suppose to be the quote I was trying to use....Shoot my bad

Jody
09-20-2004, 06:20 AM
Give me a break......WSO # 2... Can't you see that they are 2 and 2. Geez!

chaingang
09-20-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Jody

Please tell me you didnt mean WOS.

chaingang
09-20-2004, 08:21 AM

And please tell me your kidding if you meant WOS.

Dont get the bombs flying again!:D

Pigskin 2004
09-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Forgive him Chain Gang, Not only can he not spell, he cannot read either!! The poll I see on here has WO-S at #4. And 2-2 after losing to the #1 in 3A and the # 1 in 4A. Not bad if you ask me!!

Pigskin 2004
09-20-2004, 11:25 AM
And who has bh played? They will say, well we play the # 13 team this week. Isn't that the same West Columbia team that the Mustangs have beat by 30 or 40 points the last 2 years in a row!!

Jody
09-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Absolutely! I have nothing against a good WSO, but they have no business being ranked that high, and neither does Jasper or Manor. Where is Liberty Hill on this chart. They just beat the crap out of Manor. If WSO was unbeaten at this point, I would have no problem with this rankin.

Just an opinion for what it is worth.

JasperDog94
09-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Just an opinion for what it is worth. Well your opinion seem to be flawed. WOS barely lost to Jasper and played a close game to the #1 team in 4A. BTW, who did Liberty Hill lose to and how many points have they given up?

Matthew328
09-20-2004, 11:43 AM
Comparing scores doesn't really wash with Decatur and Graham and Gainesville....as Keith said Gainesville got down quick and played catch-up which played right into Decatur's hands..as for Graham they are a ball control team who matches up better with Decatur than Gainesville....Graham-Gainesville is a totally different thing...each matchup has to be looked at individually....and more than likley we'll see Graham vs Gainesville in bi-district

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Well your opinion seem to be flawed. WOS barely lost to Jasper and played a close game to the #1 team in 4A. BTW, who did Liberty Hill lose to and how many points have they given up?

We lost to Burnet (4a) by 1. Total points given up - 112; total points scored - 179.

WOS1
09-20-2004, 11:52 AM
Absolutely! I have nothing against a good WSO, but they have no business being ranked that high, and neither does Jasper or Manor. Where is Liberty Hill on this chart. They just beat the crap out of Manor. If WSO was unbeaten at this point, I would have no problem with this rankin.

Hey Hill Barbers... apparently Matt knows a set up when he sees it... just ANOTHER opinion, for what it's worth.

RBARKER
09-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Can't we all just get along :D oh and GO BH

chaingang
09-20-2004, 04:08 PM

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ITS WOS!

texasfootball05
09-20-2004, 07:37 PM
This poll seems fairly accurate for the most part but does anyone know where i can find an official poll?

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by texasfootball05
This poll seems fairly accurate for the most part but does anyone know where i can find an official poll?

Certainly - the AP poll is posted twice on this page, at the moment.

Bulldog_12
09-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey Jody, from now until further notice, you're on posting time out. When you can give accurate proof and fact to back it up that those three teams don't belong there, then you can come out of posting time out.

Eagles52
09-20-2004, 09:20 PM
why dont we just drop it, anyone that thinks WOS is not good enough for a top 5 spot has not watched any game film on them, I can see the point that this early in a poll however, the team's record should carry more weight. As an example, although a strong case could be made that WOS would beat Cuero in a head to head matchup, (not my opinion b/c I havent seen anything on Cuero to make a statement, this is strictly an example) Cuero is 4-0 and some people may feel that they should be ranked higher than 2-2 WOS b/c the record should carry more weight and I can see that point for early polls such as this. My thoughts however are that you rank a team on who you think is the better team, not necessarily who has the best record

chaingang
09-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Eagles52
why dont we just drop it, anyone that thinks WOS is not good enough for a top 5 spot has not watched any game film on them, I can see the point that this early in a poll however, the team's record should carry more weight. As an example, although a strong case could be made that WOS would beat Cuero in a head to head matchup, (not my opinion b/c I havent seen anything on Cuero to make a statement, this is strictly an example) Cuero is 4-0 and some people may feel that they should be ranked higher than 2-2 WOS b/c the record should carry more weight and I can see that point for early polls such as this. My thoughts however are that you rank a team on who you think is the better team, not necessarily who has the best record

Now with all the BH bashing I have done, one of yall finally has to make sense!:clap: :p I agree with you! If you put it that way, then that does make sense. Do I think we are better than alot of 3A eams? Yes Is our record 2-2? Yes Does many of us WOS fans want to be #1 or #2? Hell no! All that is is a bullseye! Cuero looks very good and they are 4-0, but there alot of teams that are 4-0 does that mean they should be in the top 5? They could(not talking about Cuero) have played 6 man teams so they could be 4-0. I am just trying to make an example of how records can be decieving. In the most part though, I am with you.;)

RBARKER
09-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
Now with all the BH bashing I have done, one of yall finally has to make sense!:clap: :p I agree with you! If you put it that way, then that does make sense. Do I think we are better than alot of 3A eams? Yes Is our record 2-2? Yes Does many of us WOS fans want to be #1 or #2? Hell no! All that is is a bullseye! Cuero looks very good and they are 4-0, but there alot of teams that are 4-0 does that mean they should be in the top 5? They could(not talking about Cuero) have played 6 man teams so they could be 4-0. I am just trying to make an example of how records can be decieving. In the most part though, I am with you.;)

Yawn :devil:

chaingang
09-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Yawn :devil:

Thats what we will be doing if we would play yall.:kiss:

BlueBlood
09-23-2004, 09:49 AM
You would have poop in your pants boy for fear that the Hill might win. You would, however, run your mouth greatly if WOS won.

CHSBaseball07
09-23-2004, 01:44 PM
I'm glad to see Caldwell has made it up to the top 20 in your poll Mathew328............ Beat LaGrange..!!!

Jody
09-23-2004, 02:00 PM
So who is beating WOS this week?

Bulldog_12
09-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Hey, I haven't taken you off of posting time out yet Jody. Go back to your corner. Don't make me get the hose!