PDA

View Full Version : Trinity University 51 Redlands 27

Pudlugger
09-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Trinity won this with 702 total yards offense setting a new SCAC record. Qb Dan Des Plaines was 18 for 20 no interceptions 405 yards passing. Jerrold Jones, junior RB from Katy set a new Trinity record for the longest run with a dazzeling 90 yard romp to score in the second quarter and finished with 215 yards in 17 carries. Redlands was ranked 25 going into the game and Trinity will certainly move up in the polls after this impressive win. Trinity ranked #11 nationally is now 3-0 and travels to Indiana to play DePauw University next Saturday its first SCAC conference game. Go Tigers, win a national championship this year.:D

3afan
09-19-2004, 07:49 AM
with Trinity's long history i'm surprised they would not have had a run of at least 90 yards ... congrats on the win

Pudlugger
09-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
with Trinity's long history i'm surprised they would not have had a run of at least 90 yards ... congrats on the win

Yeah, I thought the same thing, but that's what the announcer said. This Jones kid can really put the moves on and he has some jets! In the first game against Austin College he gained 117 yards and was named SCAC player of the week. What a performance. He must have been something at Katy.