PDA

View Full Version : TAMU 27... Clemson 6

big daddy russ
09-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
...A&M's recruiting classes aren't as good as OU or UT, but the state of Texas has plenty to go around. The Aggies have actually recruited better along the trenches than UT over the past two or three years, but getting those players to perform at the level they were expected to play has been a problem.

Give them two more years. The talent is most definitely there, they just haven't put it together.

Originally posted by big daddy russ
I know Clemson's either 25th or not ranked in most of the polls, and that saddens me. Why all the sadness, you ask?

Because I believe with all my heart that the Ags are going to BTHO the Tigers. Well, maybe not beat the hell outta them, but they'll outscore Clemson. And whether they outscore Clemson by one or by 50, they'll still win. They will play spoiler in Week 3!!!

Texas A&M 27
Clemson (#25) 6

Reactions?:D

JasperDog94
09-18-2004, 09:57 PM
I didn't watch the entire game, but what I did see impressed me. A&M had a great gameplan and Reggie played out of his mind. I was very impressed.

Texas Aggie
09-18-2004, 10:13 PM
The Aggies played outstanding on both sides of the ball. They totally dominated the field the whole game. If you look back to the Utah loss, a lot of people were saying that A&M sucks because they lost to Utah, but now Utah was ranked #14 this past week and now has moved to 3-0 on the season, this makes A&M's strength of schedule higher.

Good job Ags.
Beat the hell outta K-State.

Prediction for next game:
Texas A&M: 35
Kansas State:17

AggieJohn
09-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Good job ags...you rocked...

vet93
09-18-2004, 10:44 PM
Good job by the Aggies. K-state will be a much stronger test even though they have not been playing as well as expected early. I think that the game between A&M and K-state is a toss-up right now. It would really be neat if the Aggies and Longhorns could both play at the level of say Miami and Florida State so that every year the game on Thanksgiving would help decide a National Title...now that would be cool.

Bandera YaYa
09-18-2004, 11:58 PM
Enjoyed the game.....The Aggies totally dominated the Tigers........Good luck against K-State!!

Bulldog_12
09-19-2004, 12:47 AM
This has been a great weekend for me. Watched my dawgs roll over Newton. Then drove into town today to watch the Ags BTHO Clemson. I was really impressed with them tonight. im just glad Reggie came with his A-game. Courtney Lewis also had a really good game. Usually he tip toes around the field, but today he got up and actually ran through people. Way to go Ags!

AggieBob
09-19-2004, 12:59 AM
LH beatin Manor! Now my Ags BTHO CLemson!!! Football has been very very good to me this week!:inlove:

BIGHANK
09-19-2004, 01:09 AM
lets go longhorns

big daddy russ
09-19-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by AggieBob
LH beatin Manor! Now my Ags BTHO CLemson!!! Football has been very very good to me this week!:inlove:
Yo tambien. The Ags beat Clemson, My Tigers beat LSU :D :D :D and Ingleside won 40-13. Life is good.

3afan
09-19-2004, 07:46 AM
yeah the ags looked BETTER last night ... but whats with those guys dressed up like cavalry? wearing ties? i supposed its some honored tradition or something, and thats cool, but they looked like dorks when they got on camera & started freaking out :D

(now dont get mad all you ags ... )

Chief Woodman
09-19-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
yeah the ags looked BETTER last night ... but whats with those guys dressed up like cavalry? wearing ties? i supposed its some honored tradition or something, and thats cool, but they looked like dorks when they got on camera & started freaking out :D

(now dont get mad all you ags ... )

Well I did not graduate from A&M but I they are part of a proud military tradition. To quote someone who knows more about them than you or I:

"Give me a Battalion of West Pointers and I'll win the battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win the whole D___ war"!

General George S. Patton WW II

gobbler grad
09-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Way to Ags--good game--defense played really well--keep up the good work!!:cheerl: :clap:

3afan
09-19-2004, 09:57 AM
i was rooting for the ags since it was a texas team v. a non-texas team ... glad they didnt come out in the all maroon, those are ugly

JasperDog94
09-19-2004, 09:58 AM
i was rooting for the ags since it was a texas team v. a non-texas team Same here. I love showing up other states!!!:D

Bulldog_12
09-19-2004, 11:25 AM
Yeah, it would take a Lumberjack to not know what the heck he is talking about.

big daddy russ
09-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Way to Ags--good game--defense played really well--keep up the good work!!:cheerl: :clap:
The defense was awesome. I thought Whitehurst kept trying to pick on the right side of the secondary, but the help was always there. Mays got burned a couple of times, but the line got such a good push that Whitehurst couldn't deliver the ball accurately. And when it got to where it was going, there were three maroon shirts around.

But Mays is still a r-freshman. He'll be good in the years to come.

WOS1
09-19-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm a Lumberjack alumni and I don't know what he's talking about...

Anyway, we Longhorn fans need to pull for the Agg's and vice versa. As a state, we're never going to get to the level of the florida and Cali teams until we BOTH get there. It's all about the level of competition. JMHO

WOS1
09-19-2004, 11:35 AM
I missed the second half. Did Kerry Franks, the true freshman from WO-S get any passes thrown his way?

big daddy russ
09-19-2004, 12:18 PM
I don't remember every pass but I don't think so. Next year Franks will be a stud.

KTJ
09-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I'm a Lumberjack alumni and I don't know what he's talking about...

Anyway, we Longhorn fans need to pull for the Agg's and vice versa. As a state, we're never going to get to the level of the florida and Cali teams until we BOTH get there. It's all about the level of competition. JMHO

WOS, what does that have to do with anything? Everyone already knows that the state of Texas is awesome in football because that is where Blow-U, UF, FSU, and Miami get their recruits.

Congrats to Aggy beating Clemson, although I'm not so sure Clemson belonged in the top 25. Aggy vs. K-State will be a tough game. As the case with both programs, you never know which team is going to show up on gameday.

3afan
09-19-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
... Clemson belonged in the top 25...

doesnt look like it, they've lost 2 straight

big daddy russ
09-19-2004, 03:10 PM
They didn't. But the ranking was there and I'll take it.

They had way too tough a time handling Wake Forest in week 1, and lost last week to GT. But I'll give some credit where credit's due, the Jackets are a little underrated.

WOS1
09-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
WOS, what does that have to do with anything? Everyone already knows that the state of Texas is awesome in football because that is where Blow-U, UF, FSU, and Miami get their recruits.

Congrats to Aggy beating Clemson, although I'm not so sure Clemson belonged in the top 25. Aggy vs. K-State will be a tough game. As the case with both programs, you never know which team is going to show up on gameday.

My point exactly, until we start playing on the same plain as those schools and retain the talent, BOTH teams are going to be "ok" teams. Kids want to play for high powered, national contending teams. Although Texas has come a long way over the last 10 years, they are not there yet. I'm a Longhorn fan too so this is not a dis. It's just the truth.

dawgmom
09-19-2004, 04:28 PM
How 'bout those SE Texas boys?! Franks (WOS), Bryant and Adams (Jasper). All three looked pretty good! Made us proud! GO AGGIES!

big daddy russ
09-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
My point exactly, until we start playing on the same plain as those schools and retain the talent, BOTH teams are going to be "ok" teams. Kids want to play for high powered, national contending teams. Although Texas has come a long way over the last 10 years, they are not there yet. I'm a Longhorn fan too so this is not a dis. It's just the truth.
Longhorns not a Championship contender? I understand the OU jinx and the media coverage of how they don't get it done, but when was the last time they finished outside of the top 12? They're 41-10 over the last 4 years, an average of only 2.5 losses a year. If they get past OU on any given year, they're in the hunt.

Hornet07
09-19-2004, 05:21 PM
A&M isn't good this year........this is a Clemson team that isn't playing good at all right now........K-State losing the other week to Fresno is a fluke and K-STate will ROLL OVER A&M!

3afan
09-19-2004, 05:29 PM
a deffering opinion .... here we go!

big daddy russ
09-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Hornet07
A&M isn't good this year........this is a Clemson team that isn't playing good at all right now........K-State losing the other week to Fresno is a fluke and K-STate will ROLL OVER A&M!

a deffering opinion .... here we go!

I like this!:D :D :D

Just out of curiosity, Hornet, have you seen Fresno play this year?

CHSBaseball07
09-19-2004, 05:42 PM
AGGIES dont get too excited............yall will win 4 games.....5 games MAXIMUM.............................See the guy in the picture down there??? he will hit 200 yards on yall easy unless they let the 2nd or 3rd string in at the end.............
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/2004_05/003/benson_400_10.jpg

Bulldog_12
09-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Ya notice that there are very few aggies (if any) getting into this? It seems like everyone has to pick on us. I personally think that K-state and A&M will be a close one if the Ags bring their A-game like they did against Clemson. Hornet, I dont think you have any idea what you are talking about. But the young ags are getting better and better each week. There has been a huge difference in the team since Utah. I am really excited to see the Lone Star Showdown in November. If we keep improving, this could prove to be a pretty good season for us.

Texas Aggie
09-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Texas A&M is getting better and better every week. I think A&M is going to get a few upsets in this year. We will see.

big daddy russ
09-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by CHSBaseball07
AGGIES dont get too excited............yall will win 4 games.....5 games MAXIMUM
Well, at least we're ahead of expectations.

CHSBaseball07
09-19-2004, 07:21 PM
When yall beat K-State i will take back everything i said......but until then..............ill keep my opinion.........and your right yall r ahead of schedule......yall already won 2 games.....haha.......

bigpimpin
09-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Earlier everyone was talking about Longhorns supporting the Aggies and vice-versa, but that will never work because I have never met a Longhorn fan, and this is not an exaggeration, that supports A&M. When I wear my A&M jersey people ask "You're an Aggie? Aggies suck!" I kinda like the idea of 2 powerhouse teams in Texas, and with Tech's offense they're moving up and TCU and Houston are coming along too. But because 'Horns fans talk to much trash and can't back it up, I hope A&M DESTROYS THEM. Everyone has a little Aggie in 'em, when you bleed what color is it.....MAROON.

BTW Aggies are gonna stumble a bit against K-State they may only hang 40 on them:doh:

AggieJohn
09-20-2004, 06:23 PM
A&M/K-state will be a good game....

Factors that help A&M:

1.Reggie is rolling as a qb....3 games no INT's....close call's though
2.Courtney Lewis is back in form....2 TD's last game
3.A&M's Defense has alowed only 6 points in the last 2 games, including 5 consecutive shutout quarters
4.Franchione has typically done better his second year of any program he's at
5. Today was reggie's birthday
6. Darren Sproles, meet Jaxson Appel
7. Manhattan should be in NY not in the Kansas
8. KYLE FIELD....home field advantage in it's prime
9. Despite what you believe, we have beaten 2 quality opponents...
10. Because i'm paying 187.00 for six home games this year......and we better win more than two

i honestly think we will beat baylor, colorado, and tech as well as Iowa state, the rest are toss-ups......who knows, we might even BTHO Texas....there is a possibility......

GIG"EM AGGIES!!!!!!!!

big daddy russ
09-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Guys, K-State scares me. They're one of those teams who is grossly underacheiving... but they've got to get back on track sometime this year.

Granted, they've been lost without Ell Roberson, but who wouldn't. I think these first three games have been picking up the pieces and redefining their team. They still have studs on defense and they still have Darren Sproles, more than enough to put the scare of OU in any Big XII team. This will be a tricky game for the Ags, and IF they win they'll be a national force for the rest of the year. But this is the pivotal game of the year... if they lose then that momentum they've been working on will be destroyed. Good news: they've got the 12th man behind them. That's more of a factor than any player will ever admit.

JasperDog94
09-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by bigpimpin
Earlier everyone was talking about Longhorns supporting the Aggies and vice-versa, but that will never work because I have never met a Longhorn fan, and this is not an exaggeration, that supports A&M.

Okay, read below.

Originally posted by JasperDog94
I didn't watch the entire game, but what I did see impressed me. A&M had a great gameplan and Reggie played out of his mind. I was very impressed.

Guess what? Never's over!!!:D :D :D :D :D

AggieJohn
09-20-2004, 11:32 PM
nice call out

bigpimpin
09-20-2004, 11:45 PM
JasperDog, we have not technically "met" so I'll let that one slide, but I've got friends of mine that still dog me about the Aggies losing to Utah(#15) but they forget UT was a lucky break away from losing to an unranked team and when we beat Wyoming they said that Wyoming sucks anyway. I'm just saying, I haven't found any UT fans that would root for A&M. But then again I would be able to say that A&M fans wouldn't root for UT but...well...I'm just about the only hardcore A&M fan I know. I root for UT cept against us, and I HATE OU with a passion(77-0 last year) so I'm pretty sure all UT fans would back me up on that one.