PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport

CRHSeagle
09-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Has Bridgeport won yet this year? What happened to them, I thought they were a pretty good team?

Keith7
09-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
Has Bridgeport won yet this year? What happened to them, I thought they were a pretty good team?

They were a great team until they lost Krebs and Daughtry.. since they have been an average team

VWG
09-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Bridgeport has to be my surprise team this year in North Texas.
They were supposed to be good this year, and get back in the playoff picture. Now... they are 0-4 after losing to 4A Burkburnett.
Keith7 you're right that Bridgeport lost a lot after Phil D. left for Tech and they have never been the same since.

CRHSeagle
09-18-2004, 11:24 PM
District 7-3a surprised me alot. Decatur is just blowing the oppostion away, I expected a whole better Carrollton Ranchview team and Bridgeport team. Little Elm and Lake Worth seem to be the other two teams to make playoffs in this district. If our D could step it up come district we could have a say in who does or doesnt make the playoffs.

3afan
09-19-2004, 09:41 AM
a 3A (& below) school losing a DI QB is very tough to overcome ... but B'port has been a good program, they'll bounce back

Chief Woodman
09-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Decatur lost a D1 running back last year and are still doing ok. Bridgeport is doing what they have done the past few years- start slow and gradually improve. Do not count them out of the district race just yet.

3afan
09-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Decatur lost a D1 running back last year and are still doing ok. Bridgeport is doing what they have done the past few years- start slow and gradually improve. Do not count them out of the district race just yet.

but they still have a DI QB ... besides i said it was tough, not impossible ;)

VWG
09-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman

Start slow? I think 0-4 is a little bit more than starting slow.
They gave up over 40+ to 4A Burkburnett who went 0-10 last year, and only has a 4A enrollment of about 950.
Ever since they lost their great QB they haven't been the same.

I said it in another thread and I will say it again. The programs who've survived the cycles of kids coming through are the ones with great coaches. Take a look at Wylie and some other schools like Wylie. Year in and year out they produce a playoff team. New kids come in and yes they have some "star athletes", but after those kids are gone they rebuild and keep truckin'.
Celina has been that way in 2A and they did pretty good while they made their stint in 3A.

Back to the Bulls. They need to pick things up on the defensive side of the ball. If they are going to make the playoffs then they cannot continue to play "whoever scores last wins".
Little Elm has gotten tougher and nobody will beat Decatur in that district this year.

slpybear the bullfan
09-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Yeah, we were picked to lose by 27 against Burk.

We made some terrible "young player" mistakes and it cost us the ball game.

I never like losing, but the boys played a great game (especially with 5 starters injured at kickoff).

The one point loss is chalked up to learning. We made some bad mental errors and the young 'uns still need to learn to play full speed everydown, including special teams.

This week we will have Kennedale. Should we beat them? Probably not. I just hope we keep putting it together for District when the games count.

I wouldn't bury the Bulls just yet...

Keith7
09-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
but they still have a DI QB ... besides i said it was tough, not impossible ;)

their QB isnt gonna go d-1, but is a great QB no doubt

tmac
09-21-2004, 10:38 AM
dane will go div 1,hes better than any qb that g villes ever seen

HighSchool Fan
09-21-2004, 12:01 PM
He's not better than Stephen McGee.

Keith7
09-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by tmac
dane will go div 1,hes better than any qb that g villes ever seen

our QB (chris brown) from last year is playin d-1 football actually.. and if you are talking about teams we have faced, we have faced many QBs who were just as good, if not better, such as Phillip Daughtry, Stephen Mcgee, and Calib Hanie, all of which play D-1 football

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-23-2004, 01:00 AM
i disagree, dane will go D1. he leads in stats and is deadly accurate. already has 1300 yds passing and is 76% on his throws. what more does he need to do? fly through the air and save the planet like superman?

VWG
09-23-2004, 05:44 AM
I think that Dane will go DI. Maybe not to somewhere in the Big 12. I read in an article online at a recruiting website that he has made visits to Tulsa and schools like that, which Tulsa is DI but just not a big time school.

Underwater Basketweaver
09-23-2004, 06:26 AM
Keith, I usually agree with most of what you say, but I have to disagree on this one. First of all, Dane is getting some DI schools to look his way. They are not big schools by your standards, but they are DI: Tulsa, Baylor, and some others. Secondly, Dane is probably better than Daugherty. Yeah, Philip went to Tech, but he can't even make their depth chart right now. I also think that Dane pretty much beat him head up as a sophomore two years ago when Philip was a senior. Dane is more accurate than Philip was and he is a much better runner when he has to. Philip probably had a stronger arm.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Baylor could certainly use a talented QB. Actually, they could use talented players in a lot of positions. If Baylor had the good sense to offer him a scholarship, he would most likely get some play time his freshman year, maybe a lot. The son of a lady I used to work with went to Baylor & started on special teams the first 2-3 games, then moved to the starting roster, I believe on defense, but could be wrong. He was a dang good player, but not the calliber Dane is.

tmac
09-24-2004, 10:16 AM
i think he would be a good fit in alot of schools in Div.1,yall say alol the bad things that are holdin him back, but some schopols will look at his record since sophmore year not including playoffs 13-1.Hes a playmaker who makes plays

PPHSfan
09-24-2004, 10:27 AM
UBW,

Dane is a good QB, but he is not in the same league as Daugherty, McGee, or Hanie. The main reason is all three of those guys are bigger and stronger than Dane will ever be. It's a shame that Dane was not blessed with a few more inches, and another 25 pounds of weight, but his skill alone is not going to get him to the level that those other three may achieve.

Your Daugherty comment about not making the depth chart at Tech puzzles me. He is only in his second year at a school that attracts some of the best passing QB's in the country. They have 6 or 7 QB's at Tech that would be starters at many schools.

Daugherty will get the starting job as a Junior, and in two years will scare the NCAA passing record to death.

tmac
09-24-2004, 10:33 AM
he might actually make the depth but theres no way he will even get close to the passing record if he even starts

MASH4077
09-24-2004, 01:37 PM
PPHS that is the dumbest thing of many dumb things you have said on here. So because he is not 3 inches taller and 25 lbs. heavier he's not in the same league? Or maybe the dumbest thing was that Daugherty will start his junior year.............over Graham Harrell? THINK BUDDY!

Keith7
09-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by MASH4077
PPHS that is the dumbest thing of many dumb things you have said on here. So because he is not 3 inches taller and 25 lbs. heavier he's not in the same league? Or maybe the dumbest thing was that Daugherty will start his junior year.............over Graham Harrell? THINK BUDDY!

calling people dumb proves nothing.. Daughtry is a great QB and I agree with PPHSFan that he will start for Tech and become a major force.. and ask doug flutie what its like to not have size, he might be one of the most athletic and most competitive QBs to ever come out of college but couldnt do anything in the NFL, just like Dane might be a good Qb in high school, but not what a school is looking for in college.. he might go to a D-2 school and play very well though and i wish him good luck in doing so..

and as for Dane beating Daughtry his sophmore year, you forget Dane also had that D-1 running back that you guys so proudly brag about on other post but forget to mention him on this one for some reason.. If Daughtry had that running back then Bridgeport may have won state that year

MASH4077
09-24-2004, 02:42 PM
If Dane plays as many games as Daugherty did (38) he'll have 300 less pass attempts yet he will catch Daugherty in yardage.

Keith7
09-24-2004, 02:49 PM
If Dane plays as many games as Daugherty did (38) he'll have 300 less pass attempts yet he will catch Daugherty in yardage.

Again.. Bridgeport had no running back

MASH4077
09-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Put it in 3" headlines................Daughtery will not be at Tech next year. You heard it here first!

Keith7
09-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Put it in 3" headlines................Daughtery will not be at Tech next year. You heard it here first!

what makes u say this?

MASH4077
09-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Oh...............just a gut feeling.

Keith7
09-24-2004, 03:42 PM
It sounds like Decatur fans get a lil jealous when there rivals get attention

shsu62
09-24-2004, 04:10 PM
I agree with Mash-I doubt he is even there next year- I heard he messed around this past spring and from what i heard didnt seem to have his priorities straight as far as football and stuff. Unless he gets his act together he will never play there. But what about Decatur producing quarterbacks- Phillip daughtery went to Decatur in middle school but left because he didnt feel he would get to play due to the other quarterback at the time in university of Houstons starting qb Kevin Kolb who then left after 8th grade to go play at Stephenville. Jordan Chambless (Texas A&M freshman QB) also went to Decatur in his younder years. Then now you have Dane- Quite a line of qbs produced from Decatur