PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill @ West Columbia

Eagles52
09-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Just wondering thoughts on this weeks matchup between two good 4-0 teams, BH is coming off of a tough 17-14 win over Diboll and looks like another great game this week

Hupernikomen
09-18-2004, 12:57 PM
gonna a battle. don't know about columbia but they are winning.

WOS1
09-18-2004, 12:58 PM
I think this will be "The Hill's" toughest game yet.

punt
09-18-2004, 04:49 PM
The Columbia-Hempstead game last night was stopped due to lightening with 1:30 to go in the second quarter. The score was Columbia 6 and Hempstead 0. Columbia scored a quick td and after that the Hempstead defense stopped Columbia. Hempstead missed at least one scoring opportunity, on 1 yd line. Columbia had Hempstead out sized tremendously on the line but Hempstead was hanging in there pretty tough. They may have a hard time with BH. I don't know if Columbia was given a win last night or what happens in that situation.

Goldenstick
09-18-2004, 04:58 PM
It seems like Hempstead is getting a little better week to week after getting blown out by Brookshire Royal in their first game. Of course, who isn't Brookshire blowing out!

punt
09-18-2004, 05:02 PM
Just found out that the game was finished after a 40 minute delay and Columbia did win 25-0.

Necked
09-18-2004, 07:51 PM
That delay was part of an overly weird game. Columbia scored quickly to take a 6-0 lead, then the offense halfassed it for some reason, I guess they just lost interest & started making foolish penalties. Then with 1:15 left in the half, the refs stopped the game for 45 min. for lightning, then there was a 10 min. delay because the chaingang couldn't be found. 2 plays ran out the clock, then a 15 min halftime was held. During all of this the bands, the cheerleaders , and all but 20 Hempstead fans went home. It was a weird atmosphere the rest of the way and neither team seemed to want to be there either. The only unit that seemed to give a damn was Columbia's defense, as they held Hempstead to 69 yds of offense. Subtract out 75 on a fake punt, and they gave up -6 yrds.....That Hempstead coach has some real brass, as that fake came on a 4th & 27 @ their own 20 yd line!
Overall it was a pretty much a waste of time for both teams. I just hope we are more enthused about playing BH than we were for Hempstead....:(