PDA

View Full Version : Cotulla 7, Somerset 28 and other 29-3A scores

intocable_cowboy
09-18-2004, 02:24 AM
The first loss of the season for Cotulla came from a Somerset team that seemed to run the ball at will in the 2nd half. Cotulla got on the board in the first two mins of the opening quarter on a 50yd run. Somerset responded it by marching down the field and scoring, the PAT failed and Cotulla held on to a 6-7 lead. Somerset then extended its lead with about 3mins left in the 2nd, following a successful 2pt conversion the Bulldogs took the lead 14-7. In the start of the 2nd half Cotulla held Somerset to a punt on its opening drive and seemed poised (at least mentally) to start a drive. However, for reasons unknown to me, our punt returner decided to field the punt inside the ten yd line and fumbled it giving Somerset a 1st & goal at the 5. The momentum shifted to Somerset at that point as they extended thier lead 21-7. Cotulla seemed to have trouble getting a drive started and never got the ball moving long enough to muster up any points. Somerset then went to work on the ground as Cotulla had no answer for Somerset's RB who amassed I would say around 150 yds maybe more. Say it was the fumble, the RB, the artificial turf that our guys were slipping on all night, but when its all said and done there were no excuses for tonight. Hats off to Somerset, ya'll played a good game, good luck in the rest of the season. The Cowboys now come home for thier Homecoming game and look to rebound against 2A Jourdanton (0-4) who is coming off a 15-7 loss to George West. Game time 7:30pm Meyers Memorial Stadium.

Other 29-3A Scores:
Crystal City(2-2) 28, Poteet(2-2) 25 - F
Devine(4-0) 20, Bandera 14 F
Eagle Pass 12, Carrizo Springs(0-3) 0 - F
Hondo(1-3) 56, Comfort 21 - F
Pearsall(4-0) 13, Stockdale 7 - F/OT

SintonFan
09-18-2004, 02:41 AM
Cotulla should do fine against Jourdanton. I hope this isn't some kind of rivalry or anything with Jourdanton. Good luck next week!
Pearsall(they had a lot of returnees, right?) doing well is cool. But Hondo 1-3? I haven't kept up with them like I should. Comfort has a decent 2A so who did Hondo lose to?
No offense but I thought Devine would lose to Bandera.:doh:
Umm isn't Eagle Pass 5A(not sure)? :eek:

intocable_cowboy
09-18-2004, 02:46 AM
Devine looks like it won't have any trouble getting the district title, but you never know. However, after looking at the rest of the teams after 4wks I get the feeling that within itself, district 29 is going to be competitive. Tradition dictates that Hondo should be 2nd but I wouldn't be surprised if its a year they don't make the playoffs. So I'm saying now that spots 2-5 are tossups right now. Its going to come down to who can outplay and outlast the other. Should be an interesting year.

Key mathchups:
Devine at Hondo
Crystal City at Carrizo Springs
Cotulla at Pearsall
Pearsall at Cyrstal City
Cyrstal City at Cotulla
Hondo at Cotulla
Carrizo Springs at Hondo

intocable_cowboy
09-18-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I hope this isn't some kind of rivalry or anything with Jourdanton. Good luck next week!
Pearsall(they had a lot of returnees, right?) doing well is cool. But Hondo 1-3? I haven't kept up with them like I should. Comfort has a decent 2A so who did Hondo lose to?
No offense but I thought Devine would lose to Bandera.:doh:
Umm isn't Eagle Pass 5A(not sure)? :eek:

There is no rivalary with Jourdanton that I know of. Pearsall does have many returnees, I forget the exact number. Hondo lost to Medina Valley, Uvalde, and Bandera. all 4A schools I believe. And yup Eagle Pass is 5A.

kiwi_rae12
09-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Pearsall 13-Stockdale 7
Go Mavs Go! PLUS Lady Mavs beat Dilley today in an awesome game. Go Lady Mavs!!
Kiwi~Volleyball #2/cheerleader

intocable_cowboy
09-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by kiwi_rae12
Pearsall 13-Stockdale 7
Go Mavs Go! PLUS Lady Mavs beat Dilley today in an awesome game. Go Lady Mavs!!
Kiwi~Volleyball #2/cheerleader

Pearsall has really turned things around this year which is good as it brings up the level of competition within district 29. I'm itching to see ya how ya'll do against Poteet. This years district race is shaping up to be a good one, Devine looks to be the only team secure in its spot at the top, I'll be extremely surprised if anyone can knock them off. Either way have a good season, and we'll see you at the end of it.

footballgal
09-19-2004, 01:43 PM
tough loss for the Cowboys, sometimes you just have bad games. But keep your heads up high and focus on the next task at hand and tha'ts to beat the Jourdanton Indians!

Go Cowboys!

Devine isn't as strong as there record indicates,they are beatable, so don't get the attitude that they can't be beat, or for sure you won't beat them. Pearsall seems to be on track this year from several bad years. The surprise team to me is Hondo, did they loose alot of players or what?

intocable_cowboy
09-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by footballgal

Devine isn't as strong as there record indicates,they are beatable, so don't get the attitude that they can't be beat, or for sure you won't beat them. Pearsall seems to be on track this year from several bad years. The surprise team to me is Hondo, did they loose alot of players or what?

I'm not saying that Devine isn't beatable, every team is, and the Boys know that, I'm just saying if theres any clear cut favorite right now its Devine. Hondo I believe lost a 20-something Senior class to graduation and have a lot of sophomores playing. I believe their quarterback was playing freshman football just last year.