PDA

View Full Version : Manor Overrated

UTFootBall#1
09-18-2004, 12:48 AM
I went to the game with some friends and I was not impressed with Manor....they could not stop the run..but they did ok with the pass defense....offensively Liberty Hill proved once again that they cant stop the pass.....Manor went for 2 every time that they scored as they did not have a kicker....if in the playoffs they are still doing this i dont see them being successful at all....Liberty Hill is gettin better with each week...last time Escamilla was the stud,well today 27 was the stud i forgot his name....Liberty Hill does a good job with misdirections but there is a way to stop that...however Manor couldnt figure it out.....Manor should HAVE NEVER been ranked #1.....Cuero would whoop on Manor i know that for a fact now that I have seen Manor....Cuero vs Liberty Hill would be a good game but if that game would ever happen i would have Cuero winning by 14.............peace

hutex04
09-18-2004, 12:51 AM
Dude this isint College Football. Teams that go 6-4 win state in Highschool. I dont feel Manor is overrated when they have only played 3 games. Liberty Hill is a top 10 team, its not like Liberty Hill is a no name program. It also gives Liberty Hill little respect, saying the team they beat fairly was overrated.

UTFootBall#1
09-18-2004, 01:00 AM
I never said Manor was not a good team just OVERRATED TO BE #1...learn to read....yah some teams that go 6-4 go on to win State but I can assure you Manor is not going to be one of them....IMO i wouldnt even have Manor in the top 10....maybe at 17 or 18............I have seen alot of 3a teams play thus far in the season and i will just keep on seeing more...so none of my statements are biased or anything just mostly truth and fact...if you cant deal with it then get over it.......LIke i said Manor is OVERRATED TO BE #1...Liberty Hill is improving with each week gettin better and better..CUERO is a powerhouse...as is Wharton...Marlin is strong...next week I'll see Cuero vs Sinton...then I'll see Marlin,Decatur,Gainesville and other 3A teams....so LIKE I SAID my statements are NOT biased just opinions BASED on the 3A teams that I have seen play......PEACE

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:04 AM
To say a team will not make it to state based on playing 3 games, then you are being nieve. You can never judge a team based on one game.

UTFootBall#1
09-18-2004, 01:15 AM
Im sorry but in order to get to state your gonna NEED a kicker...Manor didnt have one AT ALL.....not one time.....ill admit they got an ok offense...not better than Whartons passing tho BASED ON MY VIEWING OF WHARTON AND MANOR....i give Manor 3 rounds at the MOST....IMO....Injuries to key players in either of these teams would be DEVASTATING as they do not have much depth based on the size of their team.....like I said Manor was OVERRATED....i expected the #1 team to PLAY like a #1 team instead I saw team players fighting with each other blaming each other on mistakes made......anyways im through arguing with you your just made for some reason I dont know...but i will stand firm in what I say and I say Manor is Overrated to be #1.......one team for Example Cuero would have RAPED Manor.......and im sure there may be other teams that are even better...ex. Jasper,West Orange Stark,Decatur,Marlin,Barbers Hill, and others....Im sorry but I dont see Manor as a State Champion....but thats MY OPINION...you can think their National Champions in 3A for all I care.....PEACe

P.S-Good Job Liberty Hill once again your improving with each week......just work on your pass coverage and yall will be tuff to knock out in playoffs...peace

Mustang '89
09-18-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by UTFootBall#1
Im sorry but in order to get to state your gonna NEED a kicker...Manor didnt have one AT ALL.....not one time.....ill admit they got an ok offense...not better than Whartons passing tho BASED ON MY VIEWING OF WHARTON AND MANOR....i give Manor 3 rounds at the MOST....IMO....Injuries to key players in either of these teams would be DEVASTATING as they do not have much depth based on the size of their team.....like I said Manor was OVERRATED....i expected the #1 team to PLAY like a #1 team instead I saw team players fighting with each other blaming each other on mistakes made......anyways im through arguing with you your just made for some reason I dont know...but i will stand firm in what I say and I say Manor is Overrated to be #1.......one team for Example Cuero would have RAPED Manor.......and im sure there may be other teams that are even better...ex. Jasper,West Orange Stark,Decatur,Marlin,Barbers Hill, and others....Im sorry but I dont see Manor as a State Champion....but thats MY OPINION...you can think their National Champions in 3A for all I care.....PEACe

P.S-Good Job Liberty Hill once again your improving with each week......just work on your pass coverage and yall will be tuff to knock out in playoffs...peace

They have a kicker, they just don't have anyone that can get the snap to the holder.

OK passing game? Were we watching the same game ? Didn't Manor's QB throw 7 TD's?

Mustangdedad
09-18-2004, 01:21 AM
UT, just to let you know. I am from Manor, my son plays on the freshman team and I know most of the players that play on Manor's varsity team and all of the coaches. And for your information, I don't know of any one of these players or coaches that voted themselves class 3A's #1 team. In fact, most players, coaches and fans thought that the no.1 ranking was unfounded. Remember, it was the AP that voted Manor #1, not the Manor program or anyone associated with Manor's program. So to say that Manor is overrated and to make it look as though Manor had anything at all to do with their weekly ranking is way off base. The one thing that the coaches and players did say about their ranking is that it is a great honor for our team and our small community, but beleive me when I say that most of this community thought that the top ranking was not warranted, but it did make us proud.

As for the Liberty Hill team. I watched both, last weeks game with Hutto and the game tonight with Manor and think that LH has one of the finest running games that I've ever seen. It is very apparent that they are well coached and extremely well disciplined. They move up and down the feild like an offensive machine. Congratulations to the Panthers and their fans and thanks for your hospitality. Everything was first class. Good Luck with the rest of the season.

SintonFan
09-18-2004, 01:21 AM
How bout sayin' Liberty Hill is underrated and leaving it at that? ;)

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:23 AM
How about them Hippos? How you see them doing? Since you are the expert on the teams. :)

Mustang '89
09-18-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
How bout sayin' Liberty Hill is underrated and leaving it at that? ;)

Those are about the best words written on this entire thread.

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:25 AM
I think he feels that this is College Football. This is highschool, and a team should never be tagged "overrated" especialy when they lost to a top 10 team!

UTFootBall#1
09-18-2004, 01:29 AM
I never said Manor thought themselves #1 now did I?

WHAT IM SAYING is that Manor didnt play like the #1 team in 3A that the polls claimed.... I dont care if the fans dont think they dont deserve that ranking or whatever but like I said Manor didnt play as a #1 team in 3A of Texas...Also thankz for clarifying that Manor has a kicker...changes some of my views bout Manor....now WITH a kicker all Manor gots to do is improve on defending the run......also Manor cant always resort to the Qb to scramble to substitute for the running part of the offense.....that short running back had some plays where he sparked.....However..I still saw players fighting with each other blaming each other.....I was looking for Swain to score all night but he really didnt do nothing much but however that other receiver had a good game.....WITH a kicker now tho Manor like every other team that makes playoffs will have their chance at State.....

haha im sorry but i just believe that you CANT win state without a kicker unless your South Lake Carrol playing in 3A...haha peace

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:31 AM
how about them hippos!:clap: :clap:

UTFootBall#1
09-18-2004, 01:32 AM
Sinton....Liberty Hill in my view was never underrated to me...every since we beat them in playoffs last year and knew that they had mainly sophomores and juniors i knew they would be good this year.....

Mustang..if u wanna believe that I THINK i know everything and something bout college then go AHEAD...whatever floats your boat....haha peace....

Also I dont know nothing bout the Hippos or whatever you called em...never seen em play and I dont know jack about em....peace

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:33 AM
I thought u knew everything about all the 3a teams, so waz ur opinion on Hutto? go for it, i promise not to cry ;)

Mustang '89
09-18-2004, 01:35 AM
Sinton....Liberty Hill in my view was never underrated to me...every since we beat them in playoffs last year and knew that they had mainly sophomores and juniors i knew they would be good this year.....

Mustang..if u wanna believe that I THINK i know everything and something bout college then go AHEAD...whatever floats your boat....haha peace....

Also I dont know nothing bout the Hippos or whatever you called em...never seen em play and I dont know jack about em....peace

I don't remember saying anything about you. Let me go back and reread my posts. Maybe you should do the same.

SintonFan
09-18-2004, 01:38 AM

You are from PI right?
I was there for two playoff games last year. It was fun rootin' for yall.
:cool:
Strong opinions aside, sometimes it's best to just "AGREE TO DISAGREE".
I hope both teams kick A$$.
Now, I'm gonna get banned for cussing!:(

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:38 AM
thats sad, well Hutto is going to win state this year, cause we got a kicker! i think........... (sarcastic):devil:

UTFootBall#1
09-18-2004, 01:44 AM
Hutto?...I dont know nothing...so how can I say something if i never seen em play?...I never said I knew all 3A teams like your assuming now did i?...QUOTE me from any of my statements above where I say I know EVERYTHING ABOUT ALL 3A teams...bet u wont find nothing...lol..poor guy......like I said my OPINIONS were based on views of about 6 3A teams that I have seen so far and most of em looked better than Manor but hey like u said Manor can get better..and like I said I intend to see alot of different 3A teams play before playoffs ex. Marlin,jasper,WOS,BH,Decatur,Gainesville....so I will see alot of different 3A teams therefore I can get an idea of who's better than who......unlike others who rely on Stats to predict games i will rely on my viewing of all these games that I will see to predict who wins....but this OF COURSE IS MY OPINION and everyone is entitled to their opinion aernt they?...but chances are my opinions will be better than yours:p JUST WATCH...hahaha peace

Mustangdedad
09-18-2004, 01:47 AM
Liberty Hill will make its way to the top of the polls. It will take a very good defense to slow their rushing attack. I'm sure that there are a few teams that could maybe slow them a bit, but I don't think that any team will be able to shut them down completely, barring injuries of course.

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:48 AM
You can not fairly judge a team By viewin 6 teams playing other teams. If you want to be fair, u put all the teams u have seen up aginst Liberty Hill, and that will be the best guess on who is #1.

Well, assuming how u write off Manor after one game, i would assume you knew everthing about all the teams in 3a. I have a feeling u lost alot of money on this game, because you are just bitter. LOL :)

UTFootBall#1
09-18-2004, 01:49 AM
my bad Mustang I was reading to Fast......

Hutto will win State cuz of a kicker?..UMM ok if u say so....

Sinton guy hope yall kick ass against Cuero ill be there at that game so that I can add another 3A team that ive seen this year to my list.....always been a fan of Sinton....peace

Mustangdedad
09-18-2004, 01:51 AM
By the way UT, just how many 3A games have you been able to see in only the first 4 fridays of the season ?

UTFootBall#1
09-18-2004, 01:55 AM
Haha nah I didnt lose any money...I guess I got so mad at Manor cuz they didnt have a damn kicker...lol..the game could have been closer had they just kicked the field goal.....

But yah your right Manor deserves to be #1 in the State they should just be #3 now that they lost....they would whoop on Cuero and Decatur and Jasper and West Orange Stark and Marlin...I cant believe i didnt realize this...damn...Manor had a VERY GOOD DEFENSE......i see them hard to beat with TEAM UNITY they have....lol.....(sarcastic)...J/K J/K J/K .............

UTFootBall#1
09-18-2004, 01:57 AM
1.Port Isabel(3A) vs Los Fresnos(5A)
2.Liberty Hill(3A) vs Burnet(4A)
3.Cuero(3A) vs Wharton(3A)
4.Liberty Hill(3A) vs Manor(3A)
5.Sinton(3A) vs Cuero(3A)- To be Seen...haha

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:58 AM
As I stated, you put all those other teams vs Liberty Hill and compare the results. For now, your judgement is over the top and not fair.

UTFootBall#1
09-18-2004, 02:00 AM
Ok in a matchup I feel Wharton and Cuero would beat Liberty Hill in close games....you would have to SEE these teams play in order to understand where I am coming from

Port Isabel I dunno...dont think so.........

Manor already lost to LIberty Hill

hutex04
09-18-2004, 02:03 AM
I'm going to bed now, it was a nice lil chat. We both can agree that we like UT, unless u are really a Tenn fan :thinking: lol. I hope UT goes 4-0 vs Adrian Peterson, then he can eat his words about what he said about not going to UT.

UTFootBall#1
09-18-2004, 02:06 AM
haha yah..nice chat...we both have our opinions and thats all good....if Ut beats OU then look for a National Championship game from them....but Texas gots to run the ball more....they cant just pass and young cant just scramble all the time...anyways...good night...laterz!

hutex04
09-18-2004, 02:08 AM
I hope Mack does the play calling for offense vs OU, cause Gred Davis has no ballz. If it helps, i had a dream a few days ago and we won 21-14 vs OU

mwynn05
09-18-2004, 09:53 AM
I went to the game with some friends and I was not impressed with Manor....they could not stop the run..but they did ok with the pass defense....offensively Liberty Hill proved once again that they cant stop the pass.....Manor went for 2 every time that they scored as they did not have a kicker....if in the playoffs they are still doing this i dont see them being successful at all....Liberty Hill is gettin better with each week...last time Escamilla was the stud,well today 27 was the stud i forgot his name....Liberty Hill does a good job with misdirections but there is a way to stop that...however Manor couldnt figure it out.....Manor should HAVE NEVER been ranked #1.....Cuero would whoop on Manor i know that for a fact now that I have seen Manor....Cuero vs Liberty Hill would be a good game but if that game would ever happen i would have Cuero winning by 14.............peace It's really easy to say that after they lost

BIGGBROTHER
09-18-2004, 10:55 AM
The hutto hippos are by far the greatest team in central texas
winning against 4a teams and beating the crap out of hendrickson
the next "it" team whatever the only thing the hippos lack is in their coaching seriously
hungry hippos to win thier district
kicking manor to the curb
manors hype is just that hype
how to stop manor pass rush suprise lh didnt pick up
how to stop lh jam the middle
lh is going to need more quarterbacks they will be hurt
manor is needing to rely on more than chunking the ball in the air
and hoping someone tall can catch it
liberty hill run as fast as you can you will trip
oh yeah how many yards did liberty hill have against manor
i left at the fourth and they were well over 300
hutto lost to liberty hill
and will not again

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Are you sure you left in the 4th qtr? We had over 300 the first half - total yards over 600. Are you a player or just a disgruntled fan? If so, did you play against us last week? "Jamming up the middle" will not do it.

BIGGBROTHER
09-18-2004, 11:15 AM
yes it will hutto did it to yall all the first half
as well as busting up your qb
and yes your right i didnt show up until the 2nd quarter
really impressive game againts a hyped team
and oh yeah burnet jammed your middle all night
hmmmmm maybe you are wrong
yes yes you are
and uh disgruntled ?
buahahahah coming from a person who gets all bent out of shape over an opinion moms go make some sandwiches

hutex04
09-18-2004, 12:06 PM
I agree about Huttos' lack of coaching. Hutto will be 5-5 or 6-4, i hope im wrong tho :)

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by BIGGBROTHER
buahahahah coming from a person who gets all bent out of shape over an opinion moms go make some sandwiches

ROFLMAO http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-017.gif
That's funny! I have better things to do than get bent out of shape - particularly over you. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-017.gif

espn1
09-18-2004, 12:38 PM
The hutto hippos are by far the greatest team in central texas
winning against 4a teams and beating the crap out of hendrickson
the next "it" team whatever the only thing the hippos lack is in their coaching seriously
hungry hippos to win thier district
kicking manor to the curb
manors hype is just that hype
how to stop manor pass rush suprise lh didnt pick up
how to stop lh jam the middle
lh is going to need more quarterbacks they will be hurt
manor is needing to rely on more than chunking the ball in the air
and hoping someone tall can catch it
liberty hill run as fast as you can you will trip
oh yeah how many yards did liberty hill have against manor
i left at the fourth and they were well over 300
hutto lost to liberty hill
and will not again
I think I Know you? I can tell by some of your posts. Isn't this you?
http://img49.exs.cx/img49/8366/stupidass.jpg

WOS1
09-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
You can not fairly judge a team By viewin 6 teams playing other teams. If you want to be fair, u put all the teams u have seen up aginst Liberty Hill, and that will be the best guess on who is #1.

Well, assuming how u write off Manor after one game, i would assume you knew everthing about all the teams in 3a. I have a feeling u lost alot of money on this game, because you are just bitter. LOL :)

Man... I don't think he was trying to offend anyone. He just said that Manor was over rated. Anytime you're ranked that high and lose SOMEONE is going to think that. There have been plenty who have thought WO-S is over rated. It kind of comes with the territory, thank God the games are played on the field. One persons opinion means nothing, it's the final poll that counts.

UTFootBall#1
09-18-2004, 01:00 PM
HaHa yah...I never thought WOS was overrated though opposed to other ppl...they played Jasper and Bay City and those are tuff teams.. by the way...did u see Kerry Franks in his game against Wyoming i think..where he caught that TD reception...damn that was sweet....peace

44INAROW
09-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by espn1
I think I Know you? I can tell by some of your posts. Isn't this you?
http://img49.exs.cx/img49/8366/stupidass.jpg

lol that was on Blue Collar Comedy this week :D

WOS1
09-18-2004, 03:55 PM
HaHa yah...I never thought WOS was overrated though opposed to other ppl...they played Jasper and Bay City and those are tuff teams.. by the way...did u see Kerry Franks in his game against Wyoming i think..where he caught that TD reception...damn that was sweet....peace

Haven't seen it yet. I was at the WO-S vs Bay City game when it happened. My buddy called me at the game and he was freaking out. That's awesome for KJ, he wound up with 125 yards receiving for the game, a TAMU record for a freshman. I don't like TAMU, but I'll be watching tonight. Hopefully, he'll go off again.

BIGGBROTHER
09-18-2004, 05:04 PM
your so witty looking up your father in the phone book
nah you dont know me
hahahahahahahahaha
and im right and your wrong so deal with it

Lh hufandpuf obviously you do since you answer like i said off the puter get in the kitchen and make the sandwiches

and hutto is the greatest and there is nothing you can do about it

HEY KITCHEN NOW SANDWICHES!

BIGGBROTHER
09-18-2004, 05:14 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ururururururrurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
look at me im so original and funny
no really
did you come up with that yourself or did someone help you
im shocked that hurts ohoooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh
i fall into a pit of dispair
your opinions fall in with lh mam
lonely and at home to much

Hupernikomen
09-18-2004, 09:43 PM
where is PPHS or Jason when you need them?

shame on you BigBrat for picking on one of our board moms.

Go crawl back under the rock you came out from under.

44INAROW
09-18-2004, 09:52 PM
your so witty looking up your father in the phone book
nah you dont know me
hahahahahahahahaha
and im right and your wrong so deal with it

Lh hufandpuf obviously you do since you answer like i said off the puter get in the kitchen and make the sandwiches

and hutto is the greatest and there is nothing you can do about it

HEY KITCHEN NOW SANDWICHES!

Wow, :eek: :( :devil:

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
where is PPHS or Jason when you need them?

shame on you BigBrat for picking on one of our board moms.

Go crawl back under the rock you came out from under.

Sorry - that is sooo funny. Earlier, I was going to ask him if he lived in a quarry, since there were obviously lots of rocks. I decided it wasn't worth my time. It takes a lot more than this type of idiocy to get to me.

BIGGBROTHER
09-18-2004, 10:41 PM
hehehehehehe
i am sorry to all who i offend
if i have oh well gives you something to make fun of
truth is i would like to see more respect out on the field
no one respected LH and thus got handed
I respect cuero this town is football
cuero could be made of midgets and still win state just for the mere fact that they have respect for the other team
when you respect the best comes out of you
i talk crap but its just what it is crap

my question is has their ever been talk of a parents game

for fun maybe charity in the off season?

fourtieth down?

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2004, 10:46 PM
It was obvious you were talking crap. :D In all honesty, though, I wouldn't boast about beating Vista Ridge - I don't even look forward to our homecoming game because we're playing them.

BIGGBROTHER
09-18-2004, 11:00 PM
save your breath maybe if leander loaned some of their players but its just not worth the risk of one of your players hitting one of their and have him go fly into the stands mass mele will insue
LH 1000 yds rushing 75 - 20 and thats only cause yall leave by halftime

52madmidget
09-19-2004, 12:26 PM
sorry LH MoM, but you know the drill your supposed to play a team you will beat on your homecoming so no matter what you look good. but I'll give you way more that 1000 rushing yards, that will probaly happen in the 1st quarter. To tell the truth Vista will only score if your defense feels like being nice and letting them.

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I know & I like to win as much as the next guy. Mainly, I like GOOD ballgames and I don't see this as being one. After Llano beat them 62-7 Friday night, it's even more difficult to look forward to it. Our backups in most positions should get some good play time. Of course, in a couple of years when more students move to the Parmer Lane area, their team will probably be putting the whup on some teams.