PDA

View Full Version : Yes, serving Crow Pie for the Clyde Defense

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-18-2004, 12:13 AM
No more talk of the steel curtian please.

Adidas410s
09-18-2004, 12:17 AM
just wait until they play Vernon, Wylie, Snyder, and Sweetwater...I am going to put the over/under at 110 pts for how many they give up over those 4 games...for those w/o a calculator that is an average of 27.5 points/game

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Let me guess...all Brady's points were scored by special teams and or interceptions or fumble recoveries for td's. None could have possibly been scored on the defense.

Could this be?

wildstangs
09-18-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Let me guess...all Brady's points were scored by special teams and or interceptions or fumble recoveries for td's. None could have possibly been scored on the defense.

Could this be?

Thats what I was thinking Z. I bet Brady only got _____ yards. Clyde should have won this one!

vet93
09-18-2004, 08:33 AM
The vaunted Clyde defense gave up 293 yards rushing and 104 yards passing. Brady must have stepped it up against Clyde because Ballinger got after them pretty good the week before. Their running back is slippery but will go down easily when you lay the wood to him. Good luck to both sets of bulldogs. After what Merkel did to Ballinger I am a little concerned about Clyde's playoff hopes;)

westTXbest
09-18-2004, 08:42 AM
LOL, Because Brady isnt 2a, so they couldnt beat them. That is true wait until district going to get ugly for clyde.

BulldogsWR20
09-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Don't bull crap about how clyde's defense is crappy, yea we had a pretty bad game but ill give props where props are due and that running back was slippery and a good athlete not to mention their QB, but about 200 of those yards were on 4 plays were the D just broke down and let them break it.. so other than those 4 the defense was good and when the offense has as bad of a night as we did last night the defense tends to get tired, not to mention most of the yards and points were with 3 mins. to go... now dont get me wrong,. Brady is a GOOD tuff football team and i wish them the best of luck but if you didnt see the game and all you saw was the stats then you have absolutely no room to say anything.

mustang04
09-18-2004, 04:16 PM
the only thing that matters, is how it goes down in the books, which uses STATS...and by the way BulldogsWR20, u said "but about 200 of those yards were on 4 plays were the D just broke down and let them break it.. so other than those 4 the defense was good", thats alot of big plays, 1 or 2 is understandable, BUT 4????

Buckeye80
09-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by BulldogsWR20
Don't bull crap about how clyde's defense is crappy, yea we had a pretty bad game but ill give props where props are due and that running back was slippery and a good athlete not to mention their QB, but about 200 of those yards were on 4 plays were the D just broke down and let them break it.. so other than those 4 the defense was good and when the offense has as bad of a night as we did last night the defense tends to get tired, not to mention most of the yards and points were with 3 mins. to go... now dont get me wrong,. Brady is a GOOD tuff football team and i wish them the best of luck but if you didnt see the game and all you saw was the stats then you have absolutely no room to say anything.

To all of you over let's say 25, this is an example of your property tax dollars at work in the schools. But to your credit BulldogsWR20, this has to be the longest sentence in history.

I'm just pickin' on ya' . Hope you guys bounce back next week!

Stangster
09-18-2004, 08:05 PM
but if you didnt see the game and all you saw was the stats then you have absolutely no room to say anything.

So now you have to see a game to comment on it. There should be a lot less posting on 3ADL from now on.....Wait a minute! You don't make the rules, just a Clyde supporter who won't admit they got whupped (time to eat a little crow). Keep giving up 4 big plays a night and you'll lose a lot of games (even with a so-called great defense).

just my onion

Chief Woodman
09-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Decatur held the Graham steers to under 200 yards total offense for the entire game. I am not ready to call them great yet. Yet if I will not call them great yet, I am certainly not going to say that about a team that gave up that much on just 4 plays.

vet93
09-18-2004, 11:11 PM
To the Clyde players.....don't feel like everyone is rooting against you. Your statements have been so strong in support of your defense that alot of us just wanted to give you a hard time. 400 yards of offense and 4 big plays are stats that indicate that the Clyde defense is not as strong as advertised. However....if you feel different (and you should), then let our good natured razzing and those stats be a motivation to get out their and get that much better on defense. Brady's offense is not as good as merkel's and it certainly isn't as good as Sweetwater, Snyder or Wylie. You guys are going to need to really step up. You can do it....good luck!

BulldogsWR20
09-18-2004, 11:27 PM
So three games of GREAT defense, and then one game of breaking down all of the sudden the defense sucks? We played bad and Brady was a good team, i'll be the first to admit it... but i know our team will bounce back wether anyone else believes in us or not.

vet93
09-18-2004, 11:46 PM
No....3 games of GOOD defense against AVERAGE offensive teams. One week of AVERAGE defense against a GOOD Brady offense = loss. What I am trying to tell you is that good defense will not "feed the bulldog" so to speak. In order for you to accomplish your goals....you are going to have to consistently play GREAT defense. Shutting down the Ballinger, Bangs and Breckenridge offenses was a good step, but these teams do not come close to having the offensive firepower of Merkel, Sweetwater, Wylie and Snyder....that is why I have been trying to tell you that good is not going to be good enough. You are going to have to elevate to great! I am challenging you on this not because I want to see you fail, but because I am rooting for you to succeed.

So three games of GREAT defense, and then one game of breaking down all of the sudden the defense sucks? We played bad and Brady was a good team, i'll be the first to admit it... but i know our team will bounce back wether anyone else believes in us or not.

J-Kwon
09-19-2004, 07:24 PM
everyone on this board apprently knows nothing about football. it's a joke to say that clyde's defense isn't good. there is more to the game than just the stats. those who actually know a just a little about football will still say the defense is still good and they are STILL one of the best around...period

Chief Woodman
09-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by J-Kwon
everyone on this board apprently knows nothing about football. it's a joke to say that clyde's defense isn't good. there is more to the game than just the stats. those who actually know a just a little about football will still say the defense is still good and they are STILL one of the best around...period
Did not say they were not good. Just said I am not ready to call them GREAT.

BulldogsWR20
09-19-2004, 07:38 PM
Thank you, finally someone who understands!!!

big daddy russ
09-19-2004, 07:58 PM
LOL, I don't know anything. Do you Woodman? Vet? Didn't think so.

Chief Woodman
09-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
LOL, I don't know anything. Do you Woodman? Vet? Didn't think so.

Nope. I am dumb as dirt.

vet93
09-19-2004, 09:26 PM
Me too!!! I didn't even play football in High School....Table Tennis was my game...that and chess ;)

Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Nope. I am dumb as dirt.

tomlandry
09-19-2004, 09:28 PM
CLYDE DEFENCE HAS BEEN GOOD FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS. MY PROBLEM IS WITH THE CLYDE OFFENSE AND HAS KEPT THEM OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS FOR 2 LOOKS LIKE GOING ON 3 YEARS. DEFENCE IN ON THE FIELD WAY WAY TO LONG AT TIMES. THEN THE OFF. GOES 3 AND OUT. SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE OVER AND OVER. THIS YEAR CLYDE STILL HAS NOT BEAT A 3A TEAM AND THAT IS WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN WHEN YOUR IN 3A. SO WHEN CLYDE CAN BEAT A 3A TEAM WE WILL CALL THEM A GOOD DEFENSE. I AM A BULLDOG SUPORTER AND WILL BE THERE FOR YALL EVERY FRI. NIGHT BUT THE PLAY CALLING IS FRUSTRATING.

J-Kwon
09-19-2004, 10:41 PM
I simply said you know nothing about football because I bet not a one of you actually went to the Clyde Brady game and actually saw what went on. Then you get on here talking like you KNOW that clyde's defense is overrated because you looked in the freakin paper and saw the stats. It's a joke to hear you get on here and talk like you were on the front row and saw the game. But no, you dont factor in that Clyde's offense is pathetic and left the defense on the field for 75% of the game. you don't factor in that not one time did Brady actually drive on the defense. you don't factor in that the best cornerback on the defense gets ejected and the next play Brady throws a long pass on the backup corner...and you don't factor in that you take away 4 plays and Brady has less than 100 yards of offense. But noooo yall know what yall are talking about and yall know that Clyde's defense is just average. and yall just know that Wylie, Sweetwater, Snyder, and Merkel is going to romp all over the defense. haha...you people are a joke. Heck, I just want to get on here and have an intelligent football conversation about Clyde but i guess i can't count on that.

J-Kwon
09-19-2004, 10:53 PM
and my gosh, will you please give the lack of beating a 3A team talk a rest. Its not like they beat weak 2A teams, and they basically outplayed a 3A team. The difference between 2A and 3A is not much different.

sirhc11
09-19-2004, 11:01 PM
As ya'll all know Clyde plays 2A Coahoma next week. I feel bad for the Clyde defense next week if they have a great game on defense because it wont matter it's against 2a team. Sorry Clyde ya'll go hold Coahoma under a 100 yards, but that's not good because it's against a 2a team. And dont forget to not ever have a bad game again because if you do everyone will be here to tell you how much you suck. I dont guess there are any great defense's because no defense is perfect, and what i just read on this forum if you have one bad game your defense is just average. So to all you defensive teams in the state dont have a bad game or you will be just average.

vet93
09-20-2004, 08:59 AM
To be quite honest....we wouldn't even be having this conversation if some of the Clyde players had not been so vocal about how good they were and how much they were going to dominate. What do you expect people to do when you set yourself up as some kind of "super" defense and then a team lays 400 yards of offense on you? And the argument about the "big plays" is so lame. If you take the big plays out of almost any game it will take away a large amount of the offense. You can get upset all you want about how unfairly you have been treated, but until you start dominating strong 3a offenses (like the ones you are likely to face in district), then you really don't have a sound football argument. Most of the people that you have said don't know anything about football have been playing and watching football longer than you have been alive. That is why your arguments are so laughable. My natural tendency is to root for underdog teams like Clyde, but that is becoming increasingly difficult when all I hear from you guys is smack and excuses. Why don't we just drop this conversation for now and you guys get back to me when you hold Wylie, Snyder, or Sweetwater to a goose egg and under 200 yards offense. I think that doing that would legitimize your arguments more than your ranting about how things would have been if it wasn't for those "BIG PLAYS".

renegade*dawg
09-20-2004, 12:20 PM
"But no, you dont factor in that Clyde's offense is pathetic"

Jkwon, If anyone other than you would have posted that, you would have been offended.

The point is when you come in here boasting about being the best defense in west texas, you better be ready to back it up. We aren't Wylie with a reputation of being a powerhouse. When you make these kind of statements and come in here with our reputation. You better expect to get a hard time when the cards fall wrong.
And with all due respect to Bangs and Ballinger, they are weak this year. They took a heck of a loss at graduation time last year. Beating them this year is a far cry from beating them last year when they were a strong 2a and 3a teams. We have to be able to take on strong 3a teams. Take a look at the teams Wylie, Sweetwater, and Snyder are facing. There IS a difference in 2a, 3a, and 4a.

I really don't think anyone wants to come down on Clyde. But you guys are begging for it. Let the defense talk on the field.

tomlandry
09-20-2004, 01:11 PM
very well said renegade* their is a difference in 2a ,3a,4a

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Clyde plays Vernon in two weeks. The Lions have had trouble on offense all year. The problem is blocking and the line making the correct calls. That will fit right into Clyde's defense being tough.

The only problem is that Vernon has a FB that took it 76 yards last week on Wylie and two HB's that took it 90 + yards each on Altus. They also have a WB that took it 70 yards on Altus. So Vernon has breakaway speed. If they ever break away. I think they caught Wylie out of position on the long run last week. But it does show that the Lions can pop one on you quickly. I want to see how Clyde will handle the Lions. I know Vernon's coaching seems to be run for three or four yards and move the chains. They don't want to realy on a big play. Which is what was been happening this year. This game may be closer than most of the popular belief. If Clyde's defense really steps it up and Vernon's offense still struggles, it could be a game of field position and field goals.

I think I'm going to make the trip to Clyde to see this game.

J-Kwon
09-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Whats funny is im not even a player, just a fan of good football. I just see a good defense and like to talk about them. My arguement about the big plays is simply this, a dominant defense can crack sometimes, especially when they are on the field for 3 QUARTERS OF THE GAME. Any defense will give up a play or two when the offense has that many oppurtunities. Vet93, I've watched highschool football my whole life, which is about 20 years, nice try, and by the sounds of your post compared to my posts, all that football watching you must have done didnt do you much good. For example, you say "What do you expect people to do when you set yourself up as some kind of "super" defense and then a team lays 400 yards of offense on you?" Did you go to the game? Did you see how those plays happened and what factors were involved in those plays that gained Brady 400 yards? I DID. Great defense isn't just looking in the paper and seeing how many yards are gained against them. You have to actually be at the game and see how they played before you can judge if they are a good defense or not...and they ARE a great defense. Now to Renegade Dawg, you say "Jkwon, If anyone other than you would have posted that, you would have been offended." Uhh....i'm not offended, the offense IS pathetic. I said that because it factors into the defense being on the field the whole game. Now you say that the players are boasting about the defense. They aren't the ones boasting...I AM. I am for good reasons....because they ARE good, I've actually seen them. I've seen some good defenses through the years like Merkels the last 2 years and in 96' Vernon had one of the best defenses in the state, and Clyde is just as good as those defenses. And ok, there is a difference in some 2A and 3A teams...you are right, I am wrong. But look at the 2A teams Clyde is playing, Ballinger, which was 3A last year, Bangs, who has been to state 2 strait years, and i guess Cahoma who has been in the past a 3A if i'm correct, i may be wrong. it's not like they are playing programs that have sucked in the past. And EVERYBODY is forgetting how Clyde did dominate Breckenridge who has a solid offense, and they are in 3A.

J-Kwon
09-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Z Motion, I must say you know what you are talking about. I'm glad to see that on this board.

Ranger05
09-20-2004, 02:38 PM
to be considered a great defense u have to cut down on the mistakes. I wish cylde the best of luck. but when u give up 4 big plays u cant do that and expect to be called a great or even a good defense. I understand that when ur on the field 75% of the time it gets hard but that when u have to suck it up and play like theres no tomorrow treat every game like it was the state championship and its ur sr. and you know u wont be comin back the next year. I wish i would have before i got hurt now my last game was the state championship my soph. year. I never got to play a down of my jr. year or a down of my sr. year but if u wanna be considered a great defense then u have to rise to the occasion and step it up and keep the big plays to minimum.

big daddy russ
09-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Alright JKwon, settle down. I didn't mean to get you too riled up and I don't want to see this taken a step further and watch you get kicked off the board. Look, everyone here knows at least a little about the game. All we're saying is that WE aren't seeing the greatness in the D. Go prove us wrong. We won't have a problem with that. I'm sure vet, Woodman, myself and everyone would cheer for you guys if you get past your district slate.

big daddy russ
09-20-2004, 02:39 PM
JKwon, are you the rapper? If so, send CD's and tickets. :D

mustang04
09-20-2004, 02:41 PM
ok ok ok...i understand where clyde is comming from about havin a bad defensive game, we (sweetwater) had one of the best if not the best defense in west texas last year and the year b4, and we had bad games, but c'mon clyde guys, u cant brag about having one of the best defenses 'period' if yall havent even played anybody really worthy, just wait a few weeks and then when yall play sweetwater, ill drive to that game and see yall's miraculous defense, cuz im tellin u right now, yalls pre-district schedule doesnt even sound as tough as the one that sweetwater, wylie, or even snyder has had, but u honestly cant say that theres no difference in 2a, 3a, and 4a, cuz there is

Ranger05
09-20-2004, 02:45 PM
mustang 04 is exactly right

renegade*dawg
09-20-2004, 02:45 PM
Now Jkwon, we are rooting for the same team here.
I wouldn't really call Clydes offense pathetic. So they had a rough game last week. I think they have a chance to pull things together before district starts. And the defense looks good, just tired and that can be worked out too.
You're on a public forum with grown men and athletes. You have to expect to be given a hard time everyonce in a while. Don't take things so personal.

renegade*dawg
09-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Z Motion, I must say you know what you are talking about. I'm glad to see that on this board.

please note the topic starter.

It's all in fun and love of the game.

mustang04
09-20-2004, 02:58 PM
amen renegade, by the way Jkwon, i played football, so i know where ur commin from, but i never said anything if wasnt proven

Rooster#70
09-21-2004, 10:31 AM
I have read a lot of post about the poor coaching in Clyde. I hate coach bashers, that is a cop out. Also I read a lot of post about a great defenes. Do these kids coach themselves on defense?

tomlandry
09-21-2004, 11:03 AM
no they dont coach them selves on def. and their good SO why is the off. so bad? i think thats why they have 1 coach call def. and another call off. looks like 2 me the def. coach need to be the head coach and find a off. that can help the team

tomlandry
09-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Rooster#70
I have read a lot of post about the poor coaching in Clyde. I hate coach bashers, that is a cop out. Also I read a lot of post about a great defenes. Do these kids coach themselves on defense?

WATCH THE SPELLING ROOSTER THEY GRADE THESE AT END OFDAY

mustang04
09-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by tomlandry
WATCH THE SPELLING ROOSTER THEY GRADE THESE AT END OFDAY

Yeah watch out too, tomlandry, they also check for punctuation errors and spacing!
hehe:D

tomlandry
09-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I HEAR YOU I THINK IM GONNA FAIL THIS

J-Kwon
09-21-2004, 06:54 PM
"amen renegade, by the way Jkwon, i played football, so i know where ur commin from, but i never said anything if wasnt proven". How have I not proven everything I've said, I would like to know. I haven't taken anything personal on this board, you are entitled to your opinions, but I do try to prove you wrong and most of the time i succeed and you get mad about it. Please quit blaming the coaches, it gets waaaay old. I don't see Wylie or Sweetwater blaming their coach when they lose, grant it not very often. And i don't believe i said that Clyde's defense was the best in the freakin state, just one of the best in the area, which they still are one of the best in the area

mustang04
09-21-2004, 08:06 PM
who are u talkin to, at first it was directed towards me, then it just changed??

renegade*dawg
09-22-2004, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure who you're talking to either. I don't recall saying anything against the coaches in this thread. In fact, I don't really think that's what this thread is about. Who are you proving wrong and who is mad?

My post on this thread are in full support of this team.

J-Kwon
09-22-2004, 06:58 PM
I was talking to everybody on the board who had a smart comment about me. You know, if you would comprehend what you read you might figure out who I'm talking to and what I'm talking about.