PDA

View Full Version : navasota

snakebite
09-18-2004, 12:07 AM
Hey downlower, guess what. Every team that we have played so far are very good teams with playoff opputunities. Why cant you just say that we may have a good team this year. Yes, our district is hard, but its kinda sad when no one around here ants to play us because they are scared to play us. No 5A or 4A team that knew us well wanted to play us because it wouldnt look good for them if they lost to a 3A team who 3 years ago went 0-10. Thats why we get to travel to Tyler to play on Texas Eylau Liberty, and thats going to be the game to come watch next friday!

downlower
09-18-2004, 12:14 AM
I guess you did not read my post right. I said, Navasota has a good team but i don't think they are a team that deserves to be ranked #1 yet, because they have not play a very hard schedule. By the way, every team has playoff opportunities.

snakebite
09-19-2004, 12:54 AM
i read your post right, maybe in my retrospective though. Many people say that we do have an easy preseason, and people say that Brenham was the only school that did not want to play us. But when other big schools look at a powerhouse like Brenham, and when they dont want to play someone, no one sure will. These guys this year have been together for 5 years now, and they one district their 7,8,and 9 grade years when they were all together. By the time they got into 10 grade, the majority of them were playing at the varsity level. That was the year that we went 5-6 and had a playoff appearance. We have been to playoff's ever since, and we have had a good team ever since. But, who knows were they will end up. We will have to talk at the end of the reg. season. By for now

BIGHANK
09-19-2004, 01:07 AM
snakebite do you even play football

NHSRattler60
09-19-2004, 01:41 PM
Look as I player, I think were good right where were at. We have a nice little target to where were ranked just enough where other teams will play harder in their quests to knock us off our pedastool.

venomous tat2
09-19-2004, 07:05 PM
The truth is our stadium is very old even though it doesn't look real bad a lot of teams turn us down because they don't want to come here the field itself is in great condition thanks to Mr.Pirece Key. Opposing fans have been complaining about the r.r and lighthting. Thats the real reason annnd!! some teams didn't want to face us 1 example (Brenham).So this year we had to play Waco connally,Gatesville and now Tex Liberty Eylau in Tyler it's hard on schools with that kind of travle time ,we had a bond election on 9-11-04 and it did not pass the snake pitt is our home no matter what.

BrahmaMom
09-20-2004, 08:08 AM
This Brahma fan certainly acknowledges the Rattlers' talent. Yes, the Pit is antiquated, but adds to the history and experience of playing on the road. 3A schools and facilities are what they are. By now, we've all had to accept that. Navasota has added a level of competition to our district, no doubt.

cunbed10
09-20-2004, 01:15 PM
that can get a 11 man squad together.

Chris' Agent
09-20-2004, 03:06 PM
I have a squad of 11 blind kids that will give you guys a good game...

LeopardPride
09-20-2004, 03:11 PM
I don't know to much about ya'll other than this year your 4-0 and
Ranked 9 in the state--{unless you have move up over the weekend} I didn't know where Navasota was until I look at a map. It sounds like ya'll have a good program down there. Your school has a good website too. I hope its a good close game. Looks like ya'lls offense can score some points.

Good Luck To the Rattlers in 2004

GO LIBERTY EYLAU LEOPARDS

Chris' Agent
09-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Trust me...after this Friday, you'll surely know about the Navasota Rattlers...and my client...