PDA

View Full Version : bellville 49- yoakum-27

bd62
09-17-2004, 11:05 PM
bellville put a whipping on the bulldogs. they played with a lot of emotion and wanted that first win bad. i think this is the start of some good things for them. good luck rest of season.

Pudlugger
09-17-2004, 11:30 PM
Congrats Bellville on the nice win. Good luck in District.

SintonFan
09-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Awesome job Brahmas!
The start of something good against a good opponent.
I'll be rooting for you! :)

snakebite
09-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Congrats Brahmas! We were hoping to have a good match up with y'all in district, and it was kinda scary knowimg y'all hadnt won til tonight. Great win and we shall see y'll in the pit later on!

faithfuldog
09-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Way to go Bellville

Bellville22
09-18-2004, 12:23 AM
Tremendous TEAM effort by the Bulls tonight. They simply wanted it more than Yoakum. Cooper is emerging as the next great RB at Bellville, Sanders was terrific, and Bryant had a brilliant game as well. The O-line blew open some holes, and the defense flocked to the ball.

Bellville still must improve in some areas, but tonight is a great game to build on. At times they showed that they are a young, inexperienced team, but they also showed signs of great things.

This is the kind of game that can turn things around for a young team, so get back to work Bulls and feed off of this win.

Great Job!

OldBrahma04
09-18-2004, 12:32 AM
As much as I hate the Bulldogs losing, I love that the Brahmas took it!

fullhouse
09-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Congrats to the Brahmas! Way to go:D

CheerMom
09-18-2004, 12:52 AM
Great job, Brahmas!!! Great way to get your first win!!
Go Raiders!!!

Bull's-eye
09-18-2004, 02:14 AM
Bellville rushed for 235 yds and passed for 100 yds. Cooper led the way with 20 carries for 160 yds and 3 TD's. Bellville's Sanders returned a block punt 54 yds for a TD. Josh Bryant rushed for 2 scores and made a great block on one of Cooper's TD runs. Bellville's defense held Yoakum to 103 yds rushing. Take away Yoakum's 50 yd touchdown run by Mathis, Bellville pretty much stopped their running game.
Great blocking by the offensive line! Cooper and Bryant had some huge running lanes. Coaches did a good job on calling plays. They mixed in some passing on first and second downs, and kept some drives alive with the short passing game. Sophomore Cooper is developing into a very good runner. He reminds me of Emmitt Smith. He's not the fastest runner, but he has great vision and good instincts at finding the open holes. Bellville had great success running him on a little delay draw off the left side of the line. Pederson had a great night punting, averaging almost 40 yds on 4 punts.

zpiber
09-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Bell22 It's starting to look like you guys could be on your way, If you run off 12 more in a row, you will have a year no one will forget. It could happen, Marlin almost accomplished this last year, until we went JackRabbit hunting without our guns:D

venomous tat2
09-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Hey bulls-eye way to go, now i hope the red mustache can settle down i know he's been feeling bad not because of the losses and i hope he get's better i'm going to get by there today and bs him a little lol that will get him going good luck the rest of the way.

Bull's-eye
09-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks Venomous, keep those Rattlers focused! I want Navasota to be undefeated when Bellville visits the "Pit".
Bellville's victory was good medicine for our "Red Mustache". He was feeling alot better after last night's game.
Good luck to the Rattlers! Have you heard from Roy Mercer?

Bull's-eye
09-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Bellville's season may have turned around during the 3rd QTR in Yoakum. Bellville was leading by 7, driving deep in Yoakum territory and trying to put this game out of reach. On a 4th down pass, Yoakum was called for pass interference. One official ruled that the ball had been tipped and the flag was waved off. This call really upset the Bellville team and coaches. Earlier, a Bellville receiver was clearly interfered with, but no flag was thrown. Bellville's defense came out fighting mad, yelling at the crowd to get behind them. The Brahma's defense came back with a jarring tackle, causing a fumble. This one call, really seemed to "light a fire" for the Bulls. They finished the game, playing their best football of the year!

BrahmaMom
09-19-2004, 07:29 PM
Just got back from Houston, but had heard the Brahmas had pulled together and made the trip to Yoakum worth the drive!!!!! Way to go, Bulls!!! Now you know how it feels, you can't let up. Thanks, Bull'sEye for the description since I couldn't be there. I love to hear about the emotion. Awesome, Bulls! Love y'all!

strike hard
09-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Great job Bellville way to represent D20