PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill 63, Manor 50

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2004, 10:53 PM
Manor, you guys played a fantastic ballgame. You killed every time on the pass to the left - we couldn't stop you on that play. Good job!

Panthers, you were phenomenal. Ryan, Matt, Casey - WOW! Tony & Nick - GREAT interceptions! I don't believe any person on the field could have played a better game. Thomas, fantastic job!

Guys - You have proved to the state of Texas that you are FOR REAL! :clap: :clap: :cheerl: :cheerl:

poncho
09-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Alright Liberty Hill!!!!! I picked you to win by 3. Who would guess the score would be 63 to 50. Super game Panthers.

SintonFan
09-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Congratulations Liberty Hill!
You guys rock!
I'll be watching you.:eek:
LOL

Keith7
09-17-2004, 11:23 PM
did both teams decide to use there J.V. defenses?

SintonFan
09-17-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
did both teams decide to use there J.V. defenses?
No. They decided to use the Cuero and Wharton JV defenses!:p

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2004, 11:29 PM
HaHa, Keith! ;) Our D did a great job - we held them several times. Our Offense was outstanding, that was the key. We punted once & scored every other time we got the ball. The first interception we got, we scored the first play out.

As far as the myth of us not having a passing game - we use when it is needed - we had a TD pass! As long as our running game works the way it does, there's rarely a need to pass. But, we CAN & WILL when needed. The word is 615 yds total offense (remember we had over 700 last week), 25 yd TD pass.

BIGGBROTHER
09-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Great game to both teams
hope liberty hill can stay healthy
saw more jerseys on the sidelines this week
rub some dirt in it and walk it off
we want to see you in the playoffs

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by BIGGBROTHER
Great game to both teams
hope liberty hill can stay healthy
saw more jerseys on the sidelines this week
rub some dirt in it and walk it off
we want to see you in the playoffs

They'll be back.

Old Dog
09-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Wow, what a track meet! That must have been some game to watch. Hats off to both teams and congrats to LH. I thought you guys would win, but score that many points, wow.

BIGGBROTHER
09-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Thats great! so will we
yay!

snakebite
09-18-2004, 12:00 AM
WAY TO GO LIBERTY HILL!!! I WASNT SURE WHO TO GO FOR IN THIS GAME. MANOR IS A GREAT TEAM, BUT Y'ALL MUST HAVE PLAYED AN AWESOME GAME-CONGRATS AGAIN.

Chief Woodman
09-18-2004, 12:03 AM
Could this be because I gave LH mom some love this week? What an entertaining ballgame.

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Could this be because I gave LH mom some love this week? What an entertaining ballgame.

That has GOT to be the reason. She can probably confirm once she gets on here - she's probably beside herself or whooping it up with her son after the win. :D

Chris Hart
09-18-2004, 12:08 AM
Congrats Panthers, I knew yall could do it!:)

sinfan75
09-18-2004, 12:10 AM
Is no.1 becomin a jinx? Cuero?:D

44INAROW
09-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Is no.1 becomin a jinx? Cuero?:D

Hoping Decatur is #1 next week........ looking forward to another good game next week sinfan :cool:

hutex04
09-18-2004, 12:28 AM
I feel better about Hutto losing to Liberty Hill now, after seeing this score lol

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Hoping Decatur is #1 next week........ looking forward to another good game next week sinfan :cool:

lol - watch out for the curse.

hutex04
09-18-2004, 12:32 AM
One of the Manor players in the paper was saying how Hutto's defense was bad at holding Liberty Hill, but that game was 14-7 at half-time. And was an 8pt game going into the 4th quarter. Hutto ran out of gas lol. But congrats Liberty Hill, I was thinking this would be a low scoring game.

Kool Tarpon 21
09-18-2004, 12:37 AM
What a game! I was there watching the Panthers take on the Mustangs. I was rooting for the Panthers, but I sat on the Mustang side because there was no room to sit on the Panthers side. I was wearing my Port Isabel shirt and I got some mean looks. Congratulations to the Panthers. Both teams did a great job. I know Liberty Hill is going to do very well in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the season Panthers. Keep it up!

Kool Tarpon 21
09-18-2004, 12:41 AM
I just watched scoreboard. Liberty Hill is the #1 Running Team in the state. Keep it up.

Mustang '89
09-18-2004, 01:08 AM
The was an awesome display by the Panthers. That running game is going to be difficult for any team to stop. The Mustang offense came to the game but left the defense back in Manor. Glad the loss came in non-district. I thought they were overrated and hadn't done anything to earn the #1 ranking. This game shows that the have a whole lot to work on defensively if the plan on making a deep run in the playoff.

Again congrats to the Panthers, it was easy to see that they are a well coached, disciplined team and will make a lot of noise in the playoffs.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet any of the Moms at the game.

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:10 AM
I was hopeing yall would Win mustang, but the season is young. You should go over on that guy that says 'Manor is overrated" and slap him around. I'm trying to defend yall ;)

Mustang '89
09-18-2004, 01:16 AM
No need to get fired up about that. It is to be expected when you give up that many points in one game. This Mustang team will bounce back from this. This real season starts next week. Having that high ranking is nothing but a target on your back. I'm more concerned about where they will be in December.

Who does Hutto have on the schedule next week?

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:19 AM
at Rockdale, im not too worried about this game, but when it comes to Friday I probably will lol. But we need to heel, our running back did not even play vs Liberty Hill last Friday, so we moved our quarterback to running back to get some points.

Mustang '89
09-18-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
at Rockdale, im not too worried about this game, but when it comes to Friday I probably will lol. But we need to heel, our running back did not even play vs Liberty Hill last Friday, so we moved our quarterback to running back to get some points.

I came to that game and a thought Kerley did an awesome job. He did everything but sell popcorn in the stands. You guys just got wore down at the end.

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:30 AM
Yeah I think we had 3 defensive players out, and the running back. Not making excuses tho, but I hope we make the playoffs tho, cause they are playoff material. Plus Travis is 3-1 now! the team we beat hehe. So they were a better team then people made them out to be in the beginning of the year. Travis Rebels got a great coach.

Mustangdedad
09-18-2004, 01:38 AM
I'm with you Mustang, Kerley is a budding superstar. Potential is off the charts.
Those Liberty Hill running backs are really good, and they still have another year in high school after this year. Man, I'll be glad when they graduate.
I hope that Manor's defense starts to wake itself up before district starts next week. I read the Manor's Overrated posts, it's ashame that there always has to be someone out there that has to start with the trash talk. I guess that there is one at every game though.

Congrats. Liberty Hill, you guys played a very good game. You deserved to win. Good Luck with the rest of your season.

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:43 AM
Try being (0-5) vs Liberty Hill. Hutto can never beat them! breaks my heart every year lol

SintonFan
09-18-2004, 01:46 AM
I say Hat's off to an awesome game
I wish I was there to see the DQ game of the week!
Bounce back Manor!
You guys will be cool come playoffs.
Liberty Hill will dominate with that impressive rushing game.
Good game folks! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mustang '89
09-18-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Mustangdedad
I'm with you Mustang, Kerley is a budding superstar. Potential is off the charts.
Those Liberty Hill running backs are really good, and they still have another year in high school after this year. Man, I'll be glad when they graduate.
I hope that Manor's defense starts to wake itself up before district starts next week. I read the Manor's Overrated posts, it's ashame that there always has to be someone out there that has to start with the trash talk. I guess that there is one at every game though.

Congrats. Liberty Hill, you guys played a very good game. You deserved to win. Good Luck with the rest of your season.

Manor's D has a lot of growing up to do. Losing Weston, Bryan and Donnel left Manor very young and inexperienced up front. They need someone to step up and take charge of this Defense. That is were your senior leadership needs to kick in. But I think they will bounce back from this loss. I just hope they learn a valuable lesson From it.

SintonFan
09-18-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
Try being (0-5) vs Liberty Hill. Hutto can never beat them! breaks my heart every year lol
The bigger picture should be making the playoffs. :)
Sinton had many, MANY dry years.:doh:

LHMom
09-18-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That has GOT to be the reason. She can probably confirm once she gets on here - she's probably beside herself or whooping it up with her son after the win. :D

Ya-Hoo!! What a GAME. And yes, I've been celebrating, make that FEEDING about 8 of the players!

Way to go, Panthers!

hutex04
09-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Well Liberty Hill is always before District, so its a heart breaker till district comes. No one can lose to a team 5 times straight and think nothing of it.

Mustangdedad
09-18-2004, 02:06 AM
Mustang, I know that Weston and Bryan were both wishing that they could have been on the feild tonight. You are exactly right about the seniors needing to step up and take charge. Hopefully, one or more will realize this after tonights game and make it happen. I know that the players hate to lose, but losing to a high quality team like Liberty Hill is nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sure that LH will do the same to many teams before the season is over. Hutto is going to be a force to be reckoned with in district play, so our boys had better put this loss behind them, learn from their mistakes and come back to practice Monday with an attitude primed to correct and learn from mistakes made tonight and get ready for a tough district schedule.

cunbed10
09-18-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21
I just watched scoreboard. Liberty Hill is the #1 Running Team in the state. Keep it up.

BIG19
09-18-2004, 09:40 AM
cunbed, I think Marlin and LH are heading for a very good showdown and that is one that I hope to be at. WILL be a very good game. Just make sure you are wearing the Astro throwback......

bhillfan
09-18-2004, 02:04 PM
is the receiver #1 Swain still playing for manor?

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Yes, he is.

bhillfan
09-19-2004, 12:03 AM
how did #1 swain do against LH in that game?

olddawggreen
09-19-2004, 07:56 AM
Congratulations LH! Keep it rolling. :)

Ibleedblue
09-19-2004, 08:30 AM
congrats! you guys played one heck of a game. I saw high school score board xtra and saw what a running game LH has. only 2 passes in the whole game and you still had over 600 yards on offense. The coach must be feeding those Rbs' an overdose of wheaties, lol. good game. keep it up!

dawgmom
09-19-2004, 10:04 AM
Congrats LH on an awesome game! One question.....which of you moms did I see on scoreboard??? My boys thought it was me with the way you were yelling for your team! :D :D :clap: :clap:

Bulldog_12
09-19-2004, 11:22 AM
I have a question, were Manor and LH's Basketball teams playing?:D

footballgal
09-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Congrats LH on an awesome game! One question.....which of you moms did I see on scoreboard??? My boys thought it was me with the way you were yelling for your team! :D :D :clap: :clap: LOL, That's the same question I had? :D Congratulations to all the Panthers and Panther fans. It was neat watching you'll on the Extra show. I have it recorded.

-------------------------------------

KOOL TARPON, PI's running game is up there too, but you would never know it, as you won't see that with Coach Stump he has never been about stats and rankings. He "calls off the dogs" in mid 3rd qtr. with the exception of the Los Fresnos (5A) game, which went into OT. Other wise, out of the 3 games, there would have been two shutouts. And over 45 and 50 points scored. I have been able to see the reserve running backs, and once again the Tarps have a bevy of running backs. :) That little sophomore #42 Ralph Valdez is fast, he could have given you competition. ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by bhillfan
how did #1 swain do against LH in that game?

6 receptions, 40 yards, no TD's.

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Congrats LH on an awesome game! One question.....which of you moms did I see on scoreboard??? My boys thought it was me with the way you were yelling for your team! :D :D :clap: :clap:

If she yelled "You gotta block!", that was PurpleNails, who is #7's mom. They'd be too scared to put me on there - I'm reallllly loud. :D

footballgal
09-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I think that was her, because before that they said something about the Escamilla family. And I know number is 7 is Matt Escamilla. I remember him from last year.

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2004, 01:17 PM
To answer the basketball question, as many times as the teams were going up & down the field to score, it dang near felt like basketball. ;)

BIGGBROTHER
09-19-2004, 02:15 PM
i thought swain scored in the 2nd quarter ?

dawgmom
09-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If she yelled "You gotta block!", that was PurpleNails, who is #7's mom. They'd be too scared to put me on there - I'm reallllly loud. :D
Thats the one! Again, great job and KEEP ON YELLING! :clap:

BIGGBROTHER
09-19-2004, 04:31 PM
yall need a loudest mom contest

dawgmom
09-19-2004, 04:36 PM
I think it would be a close contest, but FUN!!!

LHMom
09-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Yeah, I think that was her, because before that they said something about the Escamilla family. And I know number is 7 is Matt Escamilla. I remember him from last year.

Yep - that was the Mom of the Week - Purple Nails. I was the one to her left, with a panther paw on my face!

purplenails
09-19-2004, 08:53 PM
There are about 10 Moms who can curl your hair with their yell.
LH MOM, Panther Mom and I lead the pack at LH. The Panthers played a great game against the Mustangs.

LHMom
09-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Post #1 for Purple Nails. WOO-HOO!

You'll soon be hooked like me and LH Panther Mom.

GO PANTHERS!
2004 The Year of the Cat!

Chris Hart
09-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by purplenails
There are about 10 Moms who can curl your hair with their yell.
LH MOM, Panther Mom and I lead the pack at LH. The Panthers played a great game against the Mustangs. Welcome aboard Purplenails! Your son is really fun to watch, but then again yall's whole team is fun to watch. I knew Liberty Hill was a weird place, but I believe you 3 moms are the only ones from Liberty Hill on this site. Yall must have your husbands in check, lol. jk;) :D :)

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2004, 09:38 PM
I think some of our posters got ROM'd. :eek: