PDA

View Full Version : BH 17 Diboll 14

RBARKER
09-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Just got back from the game and BH won in the last minute with a field goal. This was a great game played by two great teams. Diboll definitly was more athletic than BH they had some guys that could just plain get up and go. Diboll stuck first with a fake punt attempt and pass to Finley for about a 60 yard TD. The eagles answered back with a TD of their own and a failed 2 point conversion BH 6 Diboll 8. BH came back before halftime with another TD and two point conversion BH 14 Diboll 8. In the third Diboll marched dow the field and scored and failed on a two point conversion BH 14 Diboll 14. It stayed this way untill 1 minute left when BH kicked a field goal for the win. What a game the Eagles or the Lumberjacks never gave up. Diboll had several turnovers resulting in could field position for BH. BH threatened several times but the Diboll D did not give up. Congrates to both teams

shankbear
09-17-2004, 10:49 PM
good job hill boys, eagles fly high after that shootout !!!!!

Hupernikomen
09-17-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Just got back from the game and BH won in the last minute with a field goal. This was a great game played by two great teams. Diboll definitly was more athletic than BH they had some guys that could just plain get up and go. Diboll stuck first with a fake punt attempt and pass to Finley for about a 60 yard TD. The eagles answered back with a TD of their own and a failed 2 point conversion BH 6 Diboll 8. BH came back before halftime with another TD and two point conversion BH 14 Diboll 8. In the third Diboll marched dow the field and scored and failed on a two point conversion BH 14 Diboll 14. It stayed this way untill 1 minute left when BH kicked a field goal for the win. What a game the Eagles or the Lumberjacks never gave up. Diboll had several turnovers resulting in could field position for BH. BH threatened several times but the Diboll D did not give up. Congrates to both teams

What did you think of Finley?

This game sounded like a classic. I think it bodes well for both teams that it was a good close game. Will pay off in the long run.

WOS1
09-17-2004, 11:01 PM
Sounds like an outstanding game!

One question though, as a coach, why would you go for 2 when you had just tied the game? That makes no sense unless you absolutely have NO kicker. Why not kick the extra point and take the lead?

Hupernikomen
09-17-2004, 11:03 PM
you talking about diboll at 14 to 14?

WOS1
09-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Yes...

Bh Mama
09-17-2004, 11:04 PM
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=times new roman][COLOR=royalblue] i wouldn't call diboll an easy team to beat... but the eagles pulled it out .
way to go blue!!!!:D

eagle08
09-17-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Sounds like an outstanding game!

One question though, as a coach, why would you go for 2 when you had just tied the game? That makes no sense unless you absolutely have NO kicker. Why not kick the extra point and take the lead?

I believe this was the case. I saw them warming up before the game and it looked like the kicker might have problems. BH's #44 (sophomore linebacker just moved up this week) made a great stop on the two point conversion. Both teams played a great game. Neither team would quit. Both defenses had great game plans. Finley was pretty much shut down by the BH secondary the whole game. The fake punt right off the bat was about the only bright spot for him. He cramped up late in the game and had to leave the game for awhile. Both of these teams fought to the end. Great job Eagles.

Hupernikomen
09-17-2004, 11:20 PM
good question...they went for 2 on the first TD, maybe they are just going for 2 no matter what.

eagle08
09-18-2004, 12:10 AM
The BH secondary looked very good. Some were questioning their ability to cover Diboll receivers since they are very young, but I must say they did a great job. Keep rollin' Hill.

hsfootballrules
09-18-2004, 12:15 AM
their kicker was in need of some help.........they go for two almost every time in every game..........i thought this was a good game for bh considering one starting receiver was out and what is wrong with the qb's hand i noticed it was taped up

RBARKER
09-18-2004, 04:35 AM
Diboll did not have a kicker thats why they went for 2 everytime.
I was wondering about the BH QB my self and was wondering why we ran the ball so much. What I heard in the stands is that the BH QB fractured his throwing hand before the game so Chris was playing with a broke hand the entire game, That folks is heart hope his hand heals were going to need it agains West Columbia.

EAGLETOWN
09-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Great game.

I was on the edge of my seat all night.

Oh that was the guy next to me.

He kept shifting over and was about to push me in the walk way all game long.:D

This was a real good game and I congratulate both teams.

Our defense was really the differance in this win.

Offense struggled at times maybe due to some of the injuries, but in the end was strong enough to get the win.

This game will really benefit both come playoff time.

Way to go BH, we still have a lot to work on, but you played hard and got the W over a good Diboll team.

Keep it up, you are starting to raise a few eye brows.

Good luck next week against West Columbia.

RED454
09-18-2004, 08:33 AM
:clap:
WAY TO GO EAGLES, THAT WAS A GREAT GAME. GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK AGAINST WEST COLUMBIA.

mistanice
09-18-2004, 10:23 AM
This was a great game. Both defenses stepped it up in the 2nd half. Diboll had their chances but couldnt convert them into TD's. Turnovers ended up being the difference. Diboll had 4 alone in the 2nd half. congrats to BH.

I have one question, when there is an offsides on a kickoff by the kickoff team, is there supposed to be a rekick, if recieving team chooses to? Any of you BH guys know what i'm talking about.

GS#17
09-18-2004, 10:39 AM
The new rule is the receiving team can make the kicking team re-kick with a 5 yard penalty or add 5 yards to the end of the run/spot.

Eagles52
09-18-2004, 12:42 PM
we watched the film on the game this morning and our offense made a lot of mistakes and Diboll has the type of team speed that makes mistakes more evident than the other schools we had been playing were able to, so I feel like this game will help us more than just having a quality win, and hopefully we will correct these things and come out and play a better game against a dangerous Columbia team next week

Diboll_Lumberjackk
09-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Although I do not live in the Diboll area anymore, I do know Diboll made many mistakes. This of course i expected because many of there starters are new. The QB the Defensive line i mean alot of these kids hardly played last year. Coach V is a good coach but he doesnt play the kids behind the starting postions so when these kids get to play "which is usually there V year' there not ready. Diboll has no kicking game. They lost therer star kicker last year to graduation. I dont know what is to come of this years team but hopefully they will be able to pick it up come district.

wildkat0507
09-18-2004, 08:11 PM
WAY TO GO BH!!!! LOVE THOSE EAGLES!!!

KEEP ON KEEPING ON !!!!

Diboll_Lumberjackk
09-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Dont count your chickens yet ;)

Necked
09-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Diboll_Lumberjackk
Dont count your chickens yet ;)

Umm..I don't know how ya'll play football up there, but chickens aren't allowed in West Columbia city limits, so don't bring any chickens you Barbers Hill folks....

BHtheHILL
09-19-2004, 01:42 AM
Who needs chickens, eagles fly higher!!! be ready to rumble its gonna be a tough one.