PDA

View Full Version : San Marcos 49, Burnet 7 (nm)

3afan
09-17-2004, 10:38 PM

j_dog
09-17-2004, 10:44 PM
For real ?? :( Burnet, get it back together! :)

3afan
09-17-2004, 10:45 PM
SM is good - real good ..........

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Sorry about your loss, Burnet.

SintonFan
09-17-2004, 11:20 PM
San Marcos is a top 5A team IMO.
Sorry about the loss Burnet. You guys rebound for district and play great. I still think you will make the playoffs. :)

olddawggreen
09-19-2004, 07:51 AM
Thanks for your condolences friends. It was a very tough night for the Bulldogs. I think this article that ran in the Saturday Austin American Statesman sums it up pretty good, at least for me.

(Quote)

AUSTIN AMERICAN STATESMAN

2-MINUTE DRILL

FIVE QUESTIONS

Question No. 5.

Did Friday's lopsided loss to San Marcos tell us anything about the Burnet program?

(Answer)

Burnet still will have a good season in Class 4A, but the Bulldogs have no business playing a good 5A team like San Marcos. They were out classed in every facet of the game in the 49-7 victory. Don't be surprised though, if Burnet turns it around and pushes for a District 27-4A championship.

(End of Quote)

As I said it was a tough night. San Marcos was a top 5A team that left many of us wondering why we were even there.

It was kind of like getting all dressed up, buying flowers and takeing a really fine date to a nice restaurant, and then finding out that you just didn't have enough money to pay the bill.

As bad as it was, the Bulldogs played hard till the very end, they never gave up and they never quite. I was also happy to see that most of ouf fans stuck it out till the end too.

Other than breaking our 27 game regular season winning streak, and bruising our pride somewhat, this game doesn't really mean anything and should be taken as a wakeup call for the Dogs. We have a whole season ahead of us to find a restaurant we can afford.

:D :D

Oh, I guess Friday's game does mean something else, it doesnt look like we will be able to take on the KC Chiefs this year. ;) ;)

3afan
09-19-2004, 08:02 AM
its just a non-district game --- in reality it means NOTHING

olddawggreen
09-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Hey 3afan, you need to load up and come to Burnet this Friday with jason, would love to meet you. :)

3afan
09-19-2004, 09:31 AM
i've considered it - we have homecoming this week vs Paris, might be my best chance to see a W

the other 11-4A teams (HP, Terrell, W Mesq, Mesq Poteet & Wylie) combined are 16-3 so far and the 3 losses are to Sulphur Springs (3-1), Dentn Ryan (3-0) and Sherman (1-2, losses to Terrell & Lewisville Hebron)

olddawggreen
09-20-2004, 04:11 PM
Good luck to your guys this week!