PDA

View Full Version : Wylie 23 Vernon 13 FINAL

Adidas410s
09-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Wylie runs out the last 5 minutes for the victory!

TheDOCTORdre
09-17-2004, 10:07 PM
conrats on the win wylie

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-17-2004, 11:51 PM
After watching this game, I feel like Decatur is the only team that stands a chance to win state out of region I. Wylie is average and Vernon is below average and will be lucky to beat Breckenridge to make the playoffs.

I'm predicting that Sweewater will win district followed by Snyder and then Wylie. In district 5 it will be Graham, then IP and either Breckenridge or Vernon. The only team that stands a chance is Graham and they were outclassed by Decatur tonight. I haven't seen Canyon play but other than that Decatur is it in region I at this point.

Wylie looked very average. Had they been a great team they would have beaten Vernon by 28 points or more. Vernon...they looked terrible. Missed tackles, fumbles, and penalties.

The bright spots:
Wylie:
QB play was above average. Had his receivers played better he could have had maybe two more TD's.
#44 played very well and ran hard. Looked quick.
The defensive line and line backers played well.
Band was awesome!!!!

Vernon:
Defensive backs looked decent.
Other than that no bright spots...sorry but that is the truth.

After seeing how bad Vernon is I'm going to start making some trips to watch some other teams play. So I'm looking for a good game next week. Any ideas?

vet93
09-18-2004, 08:41 AM
Z, the Lions are going to put things together. I still think that they will beat both Breck and IP. Graham looks pretty tough this year but the Lions could step up to beat them too. As for Wylie...don't judge their performance in the first half of the season as an indicator of playoff success. I have been watching Sandifer coached teams for 20 years and they usually don't start playing to their potential until week 8 to 10. Remember last year when they lost to Clyde....they followup that loss by sweeping the rest of their district and going to the quarters.

VWG
09-18-2004, 05:17 PM
I gotta agree with Vet. Don't underestimate Wylie going into the late October early November part of the season.
Wylie is a dang football machine, and it's due to Sandifer and his coaching staff. They get a lot of kids out every year and he knows how to utilize his players to their potential. They may have looked average against the Lions, but they can get it together and steamroll like they did last year.
Decatur does have an awesome group of kids this year, but the thing that sets Abilene Wylie apart from the rest is they do it every year. Take a look at Bridgeport a few years ago, great QB and receivers... now they're 0-4 and missed the playoffs last year.
Look at the coaches records and what they've done not only now but in the past. This can go for a lot of teams year in and year out.
They have a few kids that carry a coach and the team and then after their junior and senior years they have to rebuild, and they scratch away at making the playoffs.
Jackson at Sweetwater is another coach who year in and year out produces. Although not having any playoff success, nada..zero, zilch.... Bourquin at Graham has 5 dist. championships under his belt and always produces a good football team.
Hall and staff at Vernon have the talent, they appear to need to get the offense and defense a little more disciplined.
And guys let's all remember... these games only are wins and losses in pre-district. The real season doesn't get cranked up for a few more weeks!