PDA

View Full Version : Cuero 7, Sealy 0 @ half

gobblerfan02
09-17-2004, 09:06 PM
nm

OldBrahma04
09-17-2004, 09:10 PM
Is this the Cuero that's #3 or #4 in the state...I was waiting for game like this. Even if Cuero pulls out this game. . It's against Sealy and 7-0 at half.

gobblerfan02
09-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Yes, it's the Cuero that's #2 in the state AP poll, and will probably be #1 after this week due to Liberty Hill leading Manor 42-28 @ the half. Now, its the beginning of the fourth and Cuero's up 14-0!.....its still not over yet tho!

SintonFan
09-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Sealy always plays the Gobblers tough. It's also the Tiger's homecoming.
Cuero might have some 'let down' after that emotional win last week.

gobblerfan02
09-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Cuero wins this one 20-0!.....IN A DEFENSIVE BATTLE(If you can beleive it).....not too sure bout the final score but it was in fact a shutout BY THE CUERO DEFENSE!

SintonFan
09-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Cuero wins this one 20-0!.....IN A DEFENSIVE BATTLE(If you can beleive it).....not too sure bout the final score but it was in fact a shutout BY THE CUERO DEFENSE!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

scotty
09-17-2004, 11:50 PM
The Sealy – Cuero game was quite an entertaining match-up. Cuero came in ranked either #2 or #3 on whatever poll you are used to watching and this was a very close exciting football game. Sealy has a hard time scoring and when Cuero went ahead 7-0 with 3:39 to go in the first quarter it appeared that the Tigers would be in trouble.
However, that didn’t slow down the defense as they held the Gobblers to that score until a bit over two minutes left in the third quarter. The final score came with 1:33 left in the game.
When the Tigers were in the full-house T-formation they were able to move the football on Cuero very well, but for some reason they abandoned it and went back to a slot formation. Had Sealy stayed in the T, the score could have very well been 7-0 as they were able to take some time off the clock and rest their defense. And with that strategy they may have been able to cash in on a break and scored a defensive touchdown or set the offense up in good field position.
In my opinion neither team is anywhere near the teams they were in the mid-to late 1990’s.
If Cuero is one of the top Class 3A teams in the state then I have Sealy way underrated as they made the Gobblers fight for everything they got. Hopefully I have the Tigers underrated.

bd62
09-18-2004, 12:00 AM
to go to a tough place like sealy and win 20-0 speaks volumes for cuero. especially after a very emotion game against wharton. next is sinton and that should be a war.

rodeo-rider
09-18-2004, 12:19 AM
cuero wins 20-0
finally wore the sealy offense down
cuero defense really played well in the second half. :) :)

LH Panther Mom
09-18-2004, 12:27 AM
Congrat on the win, Cuero!

gobbler grad
09-18-2004, 01:20 AM
:thumbsup: go mean green!!
good game guys!!! Cuero really played hard tonight, even though half of them wanted to pass out because it was so humid. They all played exceptionally well and were able to keep Sealy out of the endzone for there 3rd shutout of the year.
Keep it up gobblers and good luck against Sinton next week!

Gobbla2001
09-19-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by scotty

When the Tigers were in the full-house T-formation they were able to move the football on Cuero very well, but for some reason they abandoned it

I think it was because we started stopping it...

Our DE's and LB's began to stay flat to the LOS and we started busting it up...

That #6 is something else, him and the Wimberly guy should be in comp for all-state... wonder who else is out there that can hang with these two?

Gobbla2001
09-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

That #6 is something else, him and the Wimberly guy should be in comp for all-state... wonder who else is out there that can hang with these two?

In punting.... my bad...