PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield RB's and WR's

3ace
09-17-2004, 12:17 PM
Orangefield needs to look at maybe hiring some new coaches, for sure a RB and WR coach. I have Orangfields first two games and if they had a running back that could hang on to the ball and a wide reciever that could get off the ball and hold a block they would be 2-0 instead of 0-2. If Coach Morrison wants to keep his job he needs to fire those guys. Good luck tonight against East Chambers.

Underwater Basketweaver
09-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Wow. that is a blazing post against the coaches. You ever think that maybe those coaches work on blocking in practice, and maybe they work on ball security. Maybe they are doing the best with what they have.

Underwater Basketweaver
09-17-2004, 12:37 PM
See, that is the problem with some people these days. We've all got someone to blame besides ourselves. If you do something stupid at work, does your boss get fired or do you.

Cat22
09-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Hey 3ace, OF is young this year. We have alot of guys playing varsity ball for the first time, so they are going to make some mistakes. Give them some more games under their belt and they will be okay. The offense is struggling, but remember we lost a 2000 yard passer, 1000 yard receiver, 1000 yard rusher, and not to mention all but one O-Linemen. Give these young guys a chance to get comfortable with a new offense. They will be much better once district starts, and should really contend next year. I don't think Morrison has to worry about his job. It's only been two games and against 4A schools at that. He's the right man for the job.

shankbear
09-17-2004, 12:50 PM
ace, there aren't many other businesses out there where a 16 or 17 year old kid helps determine the career of a 35 to 50 year old adult. Kids miss blocks and kids fumble the ball. Hey defensive players cause fumbles and are often good enough to get off of blocks.

3ace
09-17-2004, 01:28 PM
I don't care what you guys say in support of these guys, because I have seen these guys play and they are terrible. I saw their roster, you have to stop making exuses about their age. Starting RB #22 is a Junior and started 12 games for them last year and all their WR's are Juniors and Seniors. They couldn't hold a block if the DB was a sleep, and catching the football that is an eyesore to watch. In pregame they dropped atleast 25 out of 40 balls. It does not even look like they have gone blocking a day this year at practice. It is really bad, those two coaches need to look for another career.

Crossblock3tech
09-17-2004, 01:36 PM
This sounds like someone that's upset because his kid isn't getting to play.

Cat22
09-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Question for you ace. In your first post you say "I have Orangefield's first two games." What do you mean? Are you a ref.?

Bobkat
09-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Old 3ace is right...our WR coach is horrible. He's just going through the motions till golf starts!!!

Keith7
09-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by 3ace
Orangefield needs to look at maybe hiring some new coaches, for sure a RB and WR coach. I have Orangfields first two games and if they had a running back that could hang on to the ball and a wide reciever that could get off the ball and hold a block they would be 2-0 instead of 0-2. If Coach Morrison wants to keep his job he needs to fire those guys. Good luck tonight against East Chambers.

coaches can't play the games for these kids, its not like they tell them to fumble or to not block thru the wistle...

Talent and dedication is what gets that stuff done..