PDA

View Full Version : "77 Showdown" Sinton vs. Beeville

District303aPastPlayer
09-17-2004, 09:21 AM
Hey so where are we gonna meet for the T-shirt thing?

pirate4state
09-17-2004, 09:32 AM
I think we're gonna meet right after the game for the picture, but I don't know if we're meeting before that for anything else.

So how many of us will be at the game tonight??

SintonFan
09-17-2004, 09:46 AM
I'll be there! I'm excited about this game. It's going to be a good one.
Who has the T-shirt?
Are we gonna meet at the usual half-time place? If we're going to meet after the game, where should it be?

pirate4state
09-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Sinton66 has the shirt. I asked a couple of the players (since they read the DL) if they wanted to be in the picture and they said yes. SO, in order for them to be in the pic we'd have to take the picture immediately after the game. We can meet at the east end under the score board. I guess we'll have to wait to hear from '66 and the others to make a final decision.

Phil C
09-17-2004, 09:56 AM
I will be at the game. Usually we meet outside at the sidewalk about 40 yards directly in front of the ticket office because that is where the smokers meet at halftime. If we are to take a picture we will need to be where there is enough light though. Pirate4State has a good idea about meeting under the scoreboard right after the game.

SintonFan
09-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Gotcha!
I'll try to get ahold of him today.

Phil C
09-17-2004, 10:06 AM
The players always stop in front of the stands for a few minutes to have the final school song played before leaving so we will have time to work our way to the scoreboard so we can be ready to have the picture taken immediatly when the players get there before they have to leave the field. Also if there are any Beeville posters you are certainly welcome and requested to come be in the picture too. As usual I will be wearing my black San Antonio Spurs cap.

mikecheck
09-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Gonna be a good game. Sinton should know this offense pretty well, but then again Coach Soza always comes up with a few new wrinkles to his old scheme. Maybe not being so early in his tenure at Beeville. His offense needs consistancy (sp) as I finally realized in Mathis. It works, buts takes a while to perfect. His son is 8th grade quarterback so maybe he might follow in his brothers steps and start as a Soph. I may skip the trip to Zapata tonight, I have 2 nephews playing for Beeville. Good luck to both teams.

Johnny Utah
09-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Who is the favorite????

mikecheck
09-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Two good teams. Sinton is state ranked and proven worthy, Beeville is in first season under new sysem, wing-t, but played Kingsville a great game last week, just tired out, dropped passes, etc. Sinton is young but play very well in spite. Beeville is 4A and Sinton is 3A.

SintonFan
09-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Who is the favorite????
The consensus is Sinton. Beeville has a great new coach so there is alot of uncertainty IMO.
When these teams have played before it was always a very physical game. I hope both teams play well and no injuries.
Go Pirates!
Hey mikecheck, if you go to the game meet us at the scoreboard afterward.
We also meet west of the entrance on the side parking lot entry at halftime. Usually where the visitor busses are.

Johnny Utah
09-17-2004, 10:59 AM
I am sure both teams are well coached. How is Mathis this year and the rest of Sinton's district?? What about the district Beeville is in??? Why did Soza leave Mathis??? Took them far in the playoffs did he not???

Maroon87
09-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Shouldn't this be called the "181 Showdown" ?

SintonFan
09-17-2004, 11:06 AM

mikecheck
09-17-2004, 11:09 AM
If I go to Sinton I will see you all, thanks.

Johnny, Mathis has a different system also, working out the kinks, also lost good players, kinda sorta rebuilding, but hanging in there. Coach was coaching defense up at Galena around Houston, good kid, very patient and the players are responding very well. Why Soza left, well like all coaches comes a time when you may want to coach at bigger schools or whatever reason, but you feel it is time for a change. He did good for Mathis, no regrets, wish him well and still stay in touch with him. Will talk to him tonight if I go to the game. Pretty nice fellow.

Johnny Utah
09-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Thanks. He had them going and just wanted to know why he left. Alot of their coaches leave with him??? Unique for a district to have two teams compete for a State Title within a couple of years. What is Beeville like???

mikecheck
09-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Thanks. He had them going and just wanted to know why he left. Alot of their coaches leave with him??? Unique for a district to have two teams compete for a State Title within a couple of years. What is Beeville like???

Beeville is the county seat for Bee County, smaller 4A school but community gets pretty involved. Give you heck if you're not winning, but come out in groves if you are. Soza has already convinced them to build a new fieldhouse, locker room and such for guys and remodel girls facilities. Already passed, since the high school is being rebuilt, same company will do the work. He did the same in Mathis. He gets involved pretty much with everything about athletics and grades. Very strict about grades, I liked that. Not a political type guy, and Beeville has a history of that. It will be interesting to see how it will turn out. He did take some coaches with him, but there were some good coaches already there.

Johnny Utah
09-17-2004, 11:34 AM
Mathis and Sinton big rivals??? Beeville in the loop now??? Have heard alot of good things about Sinton athletics ,the players, community and coaches on down.

mikecheck
09-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Mathis and Sinton big rivals??? Beeville in the loop now??? Have heard alot of good things about Sinton athletics ,the players, community and coaches on down.

Yeah sorta rivals, Coach Soza was assistant at Sinton before Mathis. Down here we all have relatives in these different cities, so its hard to stay mad at anyone. South Texas Coastal Bend area including Beeville is always represented well in all sports. Football brings in the most money of course but baseball is big also. Female athletics is also well represented.

pirate4state
09-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Mathis and Sinton big rivals??? Beeville in the loop now??? Have heard alot of good things about Sinton athletics ,the players, community and coaches on down. Mathis & Sinton are HUGE rivals!! It is the battle of the Pirates. :) Beeville is always an interesting pre-district game, especially now that Soza is at the helm. We wish them the best of luck, but not tonight!! :D

SintonFan
09-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Hey mikecheck, sinton66 wants to meet at the entrance after the game. Check back here or the "Attention Sinton Fans" thread so we have a final on the meeting place.:cool:

mikecheck
09-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Will do.

Phil C
09-17-2004, 01:12 PM
The only thing is how will the football players that want to be in the picture be able to get to the entrance?

SintonFan
09-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The only thing is how will the football players that want to be in the picture be able to get to the entrance?
I'll try to phone 66. At the least I can go find him to let him know.

mikecheck
09-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Is it possible to get the announcer to mention where to meet? I know some places you can do that but some other places not. Just a thought.

Phil C
09-17-2004, 03:58 PM
I can't say for sure because I don't know the HS rules regarding that but my guess is that he could. Worse they could do is say no.

mikecheck
09-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Headed south to the border, Zapata, also gonna visit the grandkids in Mission for the weekend. Sorry I wish I could sign that smoky T-Shirt but maybe another game another town. Later better get going soon. Good luck to all you guys and gals.

Phil C
09-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Sorry we won't get to see you Mike. Have a safe trip.