PDA

View Full Version : Power Footballl "the Spread Is Dead"

DirtRoad
09-17-2004, 06:19 AM
HOW MANY TEAMS ARE UNDER CENTER WITH ATLEAST 2 BACKS IN THE BACKFIELD. IT IS THE NEW WAVE OF OFFENSE, SMASHMOUTH! NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO DEFEND IT, TOO MANY LB'S DROPPING INTO COVERAGE.

I HEARD ABOUT A NEW HIGH TECH OFFENSE CALL THE WISHBONE 'TRIPLE OPTION'
DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY INFO. ON IT? ANY LECTURES COMING UP THAT Y'ALL KNOW OF?

3afan
09-17-2004, 07:24 AM
most teams still play 'conventional' (non-spread) offenses, especially in the lower classes

ARE there any wishbone teams out there?

raider red 2000
09-17-2004, 07:50 AM
lubbock monterey...runs the bone. i believe that they are the only 5a team in the state to make it to at least the quarter finals the last 4 years. the bone works, if you have linemen who will work and a qb who can read when to pull and when to pitch. you dont even really have to have a great running back.

DawgFan91
09-17-2004, 08:16 AM
I haven't seen the wishbone in a long time. I know some coaches are still running the veer and if it is run correctly, it is tough to defense.

fury900
09-17-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by DirtRoad
HOW MANY TEAMS ARE UNDER CENTER WITH ATLEAST 2 BACKS IN THE BACKFIELD. IT IS THE NEW WAVE OF OFFENSE, SMASHMOUTH! NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO DEFEND IT, TOO MANY LB'S DROPPING INTO COVERAGE.

I HEARD ABOUT A NEW HIGH TECH OFFENSE CALL THE WISHBONE 'TRIPLE OPTION'
DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY INFO. ON IT? ANY LECTURES COMING UP THAT Y'ALL KNOW OF?

http://www.bucksweep.com/tripleoptionwingt.htm

Bubba-Joe
09-17-2004, 08:45 AM
Dirty road - Ot here at Mesquite Springs Elementary School, Ole school marm Johnson has our younguns in the Box backfield with 7 of them boys foot to foot
our 4th graders are undefeated this year playing teams like Rockbluff and Blue Goose Creek
Little Bubba-Joe Jr. is of course is the leading rusher in the ole Box Offense. and he plays Free -safety for our Mesquite Spirings little THORNS
We love to see them fancy dan teams come out the the Mesquite Springs Football / Rodeo grounds.
If the try to Pass we just bust em up before the get off the line
MIss Johnson is gets our Defense fired up and foamin at the mouth with her famous cheer KILL KILL BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW- course we aint got no grass cause of the week-end team ropins that go on in the fall
but our kids don't seem to mind too much
Mrs Johnson has a Elementary win loss record of 278-4- 1
Not too bad for a 78 year old single woman.......

Hupernikomen
09-17-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
lubbock monterey...runs the bone. i believe that they are the only 5a team in the state to make it to at least the quarter finals the last 4 years. the bone works, if you have linemen who will work and a qb who can read when to pull and when to pitch. you dont even really have to have a great running back.

I talked to Coach Walkoviak (Jasper's H.C. during the 80's and early 90's) recently and he tells me that he feels like he would have won multiple state championships when he was at Jasper if he would have ran the bone instead of the veer. Interesting.

QuailKiller
09-17-2004, 10:08 AM
thanks, fury

maybe i can get that idiot at stockton on the website. they have banned me from practice though, so i have no idea what stupid stuff he has planned for this week.

big daddy russ
09-17-2004, 10:14 AM
As of a few years ago, 4A Rockport-Fulton was running the bone.

raider red 2000
09-17-2004, 10:38 AM
i think that they still are