PDA

View Full Version : The Old DownLow VS The New DownLow

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 01:38 PM
On the OLD Downlow you could:

Pick a side in a debate and get the other side to tell you why you were wrong.

On the NEW Downlow you:

Pick a side in a debate and the other side tells you to "shut up and quit being stupid"

Sign on and say hi to all of your friends and tell them what was going on in your town.

On the NEW Downlow you:

Sign on and see how many messages you have from the moderators telling you to stop making people cry.

Talk freely about the other hundred or so members and teams, because everyone understood you, and had a good time laughing at themselves.

On the NEW Downlow you:

Write one post making fun of a team, town, or poster...and then spend two hours and sixteen posts explaining yourself to the politicaly correct crowd so everyone can "feel good".

On the OLD Downlow:

There were a handful of members that were a tight knitted community that gathered here to enjoy each others ramblings.

On the NEW Downlow:

Half of those same people have stopped being themselves, and instead have become conformists to the new way of doing things.

What a shame.

:(

big daddy russ
09-16-2004, 01:43 PM
LOL. Opinions anyone?

Hupernikomen
09-16-2004, 01:44 PM
perhaps the problem is perception of the "new" people. It takes a while for people to "read" the personalities and senses of humor that all the different poster have. I for one have just begin to figure out to take a word you say seriously and don't have a problem with your ramblings and find most of it funny. I could do without the bullying toward my fellow bulldogs.

When you are made to feel little, and berated for making an observation by the "old" guys it is not fun for anyone but those "old" guys who laugh at everyone else's expense.

I have seen on a few occasion some "newbie" get blasted for a pretty dumb comment, but heck he has no clue and really doesn't deserve to picked on if he doesn't realize that most of the responses to his ignorance is in jest.

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Huper,

I kind of look at it this way. In the Mafia you can't put a hit out on a "made" guy. And on the downlow another "made" guy shouldn't be able to put out a hit on anohter "made" guy. It is just bad manners.:D

Newbies and scrubs are open game.:)

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

The INITIATION .....Now I get it!!:doh: :doh:

JasperDog94
09-16-2004, 01:55 PM

Sign on and say hi to all of your friends and tell them what was going on in your town.

:( Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you gave any info on your town?

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you gave any info on your town?

I have written enough history on my town on this site to fill a book and you know it. I stopped talking about my town when when everyone raped me for two months last season about the kid that transferred. I figured it was better to just stay away from the subject. It got to where nobody wanted to talk about the success of our program, they just wanted to call us cheaters. You knew that already though JD, you are just trying to make it look like I don't do anything but cause trouble.

handNthedirt
09-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Most of you people in here are way too sensitive! I have no clue how, or why, you can go through your day worrying your poor little heart out about what other people think of you. It's people like you who become parents and raise children with that same sense of being and in turn, you got kids crying on the football field because Lil' Timmy got his feelings hurt when his coach yelled at him for losing contain in practice. By the way, I am a newbie....Fire away, and let's have some fun!

cunbed10
09-16-2004, 02:02 PM
This will b a hot topic guranteed, first off you hit the nail on the head, man the first Downlow seemed to be more intimate, I mean you had a few knuckleheads, but for the most part the old one seem 2 b more family oriented, I mean I met alot folks on the old one now everyone is walking on egg shells, with the exception of cursing, I think we should just go back to the old ways. I was banned for almost an entire year for stating true facts, that came right from Marlin's coaches about LG and because one or two of the Moderators and a couple of LG posters didn't like my personality, they all lynched me and for what, telling the truth. Now with this New it doesn't have that sponk, I mean Chief Woodman is the only posters that wants to meet me now, as to the old My character was so bold people acutally thought I was a Nerd White guy in his 40 that didn't nothing but typed on the site all day, when in all actuallity I am a 35 year old Bald Black man that types alot on this site, but seriously there is no zing and People are trying to be careful with what they say and to whom maybe because of My Roming most people strayed away from their pesonality and now is trying to fit in, but if you can't b yourself then what's the use of all the Different user Names, everyone should have the same user name like Larry Lunchmeat 1,2,3.........etc

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:05 PM
If you changed your name to Larry Lunchmeat you would go up several points in my book. :D

That is one cool name. LOL

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:07 PM
On the OLD Downlow:

If you called somebody a turd, they would laugh and call you a name.

On the New Downlow:

If you call someone a turd, they tell you to "shut up and quit acting like a kid".

Feel free to add your own.

big daddy russ
09-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by cunbed10
...Chief Woodman is the only posters that wants to meet me now....
Nothing wrong with being a nerdy white guy in his midlife crisis.:D I'll be one in a few years.

That being said, I'd be happy to meet you cunbed. I live right down the road. If you ever feel like making a Saturday trip to College Station look me up.

handNthedirt
09-16-2004, 02:11 PM
...or if you say something about the stereotypical Forney Jackrabbit that Jason kid will throw a fit and ask you to meet him somewhere. For what, I don't know...

Junkyard
09-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Old downlow, the old guys thought they owned the site and would gang up on the newbies and make them feel unwelcome.

New downlow, the site is treated as an open forum where new guys are welcomed.

HighSchool Fan
09-16-2004, 02:14 PM
PPHS, Collinsville is having Pioneer Day Sept. 25th. Why don't you come over and have a good time with us.

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 02:15 PM

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
PPHS, Collinsville is having Pioneer Day Sept. 25th. Why don't you come over and have a good time with us.

Is that next Saturday?

I might be able to sneak up there. It is only a ten minute drive in my hotrod up 377:D

HighSchool Fan
09-16-2004, 02:18 PM
If you come up to Collinsville let me know. I will be in and out of there most of the day. I have 1 soccer game, 1 volleyball game, and 2 pee-wee football games that day.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 02:18 PM
I am gonna give me 2 cents on this also.

I have to agree with PPHSfan....you oldtimers, "you know how he is"....you newbies..."this is how he is"!

I was thinking since I became a moderator this board hasn't been as much fun as it used to....the more I think about it, I don't think being moderator has ANYTHING to do with it.

Let's go back to our good-natured sparring and mud slinging....as long as the profanity is left out of it....it will be tons of fun!!

In other words................LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!!!!!

jason
09-16-2004, 02:19 PM
on the old DownLow nobody knew what I looked like sitting in an outhouse with my shorts around my ankles...

on the new DownLow, that image is a reality...

:D :D :D :D :D

Junkyard
09-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Mudslinging can be fun but baby oil wrestling is more fun!!!:D :thinking:

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I enjoy coming on here and heck, I love a smart a@@ comment just as much as the next guy, but sometimes give us a break if it seems we don't happen to be "in the loop" on something. I swore I would not reply to another post but have had numerous people support me to not let a misunderstanding run me off. PPHS you have a keen sense of humor, no doubt, but some of us are just learning the way you think and express yourself. I am 45 years old, put 2 kids through college and have a soph in highschool and I don't feel I should have to go through someone's idea of an initiation period just to post on a High School message board. I am not posting this to start anything with anyone, just expressing my thoughts. :cool:

OOPS!! That was my fault, I guess.

There is NO initiation process on here. I just said that because Jason and all the "teeny boppers" are always telling the guest to register...that the initiation process isn't as bad as it sounds.

It's just an "downlow urban legend"!!:D

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by jason
on the old DownLow nobody knew what I looked like sitting in an outhouse with my shorts around my ankles...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

or....an "I love boys" shirt!!!:D

shellman54
09-16-2004, 02:22 PM
just out of curiousity, how many of you posters where on during the "old downlow" era? i was

jason
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

or....an "I love boys" shirt!!!:D :hand: :doh: :hand: :doh:

ROTFLMAO

Hupernikomen
Huper,

I kind of look at it this way. In the Mafia you can't put a hit out on a "made" guy. And on the downlow another "made" guy shouldn't be able to put out a hit on anohter "made" guy. It is just bad manners.:D

I think part of the problem is that when start going after the scrubs and newbies they are prone to either leave the downlow (which is not good) or they fight back. What I don't care for is this "made" mentality that presupposes that someone is above the rules just because they have a couple thousand post.
Those of us who don't rant and rave about soccer or animals or whatever are made to feel our opinions are secondary at best by the brashness of the elite. (I must admit my post total has skyrocketed by my incessant chatter here lately.)

I still contend most of problems caused is just a lack of understanding the source and intent of a post.

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 02:23 PM

lol curiosity killed the cat and I checked out the site - really nice Lake House. The Texas in the tile is really nice........... and I bet there is a story in the golfing in the snow picture??? ;)

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 02:24 PM
:hand: :doh: :hand: :doh:

ROTFLMAO

Oh man, I wanna hear that story about the I Love Boys before the golf in the snow one lol lol

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:25 PM
On the old downlow, this would be a funny picture of 3afan2K3

http://img76.exs.cx/img76/9398/dork1.jpg

On the new downlow.....OK bad example.:)

jason
09-16-2004, 02:26 PM
lol curiosity killed the cat and I checked out the site - really nice Lake House. The Texas in the tile is really nice........... and I bet there is a story in the golfing in the snow picture??? ;) i figured a pic of golfing in the snow would be better than a pic of me peeing in the snow...:D :D :D

Junkyard
09-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Thats funny i dont care who you are.

Two questions why dress like?
And why let some one take a picture.

jason
09-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Oh man, I wanna hear that story about the I Love Boys before the golf in the snow one lol lol lol, only a select few know the story, but i aint tellin...

jason
09-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Junkyard
Thats funny i dont care who you are.

Two questions why dress like?
And why let some one take a picture. :rolleyes: :p

Junkyard
09-16-2004, 02:28 PM
:rolleyes: :p

will have to check it out at home i am behind a filter here.

jason
09-16-2004, 02:29 PM
will have to check it out at home i am behind a filter here. hehe, i think im the only one with that pic on a PC...

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 02:30 PM
We had a thread going at time...I can't remember if was last year or year before last....anyway....it was called "Write the Next Line"!!

If you were a poster on this forum then, you were NOT safe from ANYTHING! This happened not to long after my ill-fated trip to the State Championship where I had my run in with 2 cops, condoms, flashlights, drugs, teenagers.........anyway, I got made "fun" of plenty in that story.....and it was GREAT!!!!

PPHSfan
JASON

http://img26.exs.cx/img26/7162/Jason9.jpg

44INAROW
On the old downlow, this would be a funny picture of 3afan2K3

http://img76.exs.cx/img76/9398/dork1.jpg

On the new downlow.....OK bad example.:)

That is just a funny picture, almost scared to ask where you ran across it:nerd:

jason
09-16-2004, 02:31 PM
We had a thread going at time...I can't remember if was last year or year before last....anyway....it was called "Write the Next Line"!!

If you were a poster on this forum then, you were NOT safe from ANYTHING! This happened not to long after my ill-fated trip to the State Championship where I had my run in with 2 cops, condoms, flashlights, drugs, teenagers.........anyway, I got made "fun" of plenty in that story.....and it was GREAT!!!! hehe, but in the new DownLow me and u were voted the hottest :D :D :D

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:32 PM
That is just a funny picture, almost scared to ask where you ran across it:nerd:

I have some big search engines. I can find a picture of just about anything. I typed in dorky picture and this is what I got.:D

Ranger Mom
hehe, but in the new DownLow me and u were voted the hottest :D :D :D

I know...that worries me even more, considering my competition!!

44INAROW
i figured a pic of golfing in the snow would be better than a pic of me peeing in the snow...:D :D :D

lol Yep but if your shoe size is right....... nevermind.. that might be a little over the line.......... :D

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 02:34 PM
lol Yep but if your shoe size is right....... nevermind.. that might be a little over the line.......... :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

jason
09-16-2004, 02:34 PM
lol Yep but if your shoe size is right....... nevermind.. that might be a little over the line.......... :D :eek: :eek: :eek: PLEASE tell me you're not a dude talkin about that....:doh: :doh:

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 02:35 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: PLEASE tell me you're not a dude talkin about that....:doh: :doh:

I promise I am NOT a dude lol but I am a grandmother; that was not a nice thing to say.. maybe I should have it deleted?? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 02:35 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: PLEASE tell me you're not a dude talkin about that....:doh: :doh:

She's a "dudette"!!

You have to admit when PPHSfan starts a thread...it is usually quick moving and fun!!!

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:36 PM
I promise I am NOT a dude lol but I am a grandmother that was not nice.. maybe I should have it deleted?? :thinking:

Jason likes naughty grandmothers too.

jason
09-16-2004, 02:36 PM
I promise I am NOT a dude lol but I am a grandmother; that was not a nice thing to say.. maybe I should have it deleted?? :thinking: well i guess a GMILF is better than a dude...:D :D :D

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Jason likes naughty grandmothers too.

This thread turned out as good therapy too. Thanks I feel better :inlove:

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:37 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

jason
09-16-2004, 02:38 PM
This thread turned out as good therapy too. Thanks I feel better :inlove: no, i wont go out with you...;)

Ranger Mom
well i guess a GMILF is better than a dude...:D :D :D \

Thanks Jason!! Now I have Diet Dr. Pepper spewed all over my computer screen!!!!

44INAROW
well i guess a GMILF is better than a dude...:D :D :D

OK I'll bite,, What's GMILF??

jason
09-16-2004, 02:39 PM
OK I'll bite,, What's GMILF?? :doh: :doh: :doh: im not telling you lol...ask Ranger Mom...:D

Junkyard
09-16-2004, 02:39 PM
no, i wont go out with you...;)

I will go out with you 44 I like grandmothers:D

jason
09-16-2004, 02:40 PM
\

Thanks Jason!! Now I have Diet Dr. Pepper spewed all over my computer screen!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 02:40 PM
no, i wont go out with you...;)

Oh shucks.. watching Cuero vs Sealy for Sealy's Homecoming would be a great date lol j/k all **disclaimer before my husband starts getting phone calls** I am happily married and just joking..... :kiss:

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:41 PM
I have Dr Pepper all over my keyboard too. Jason you're too much man. That was off the chain.:D

44INAROW
I will go out with you 44 I like grandmothers:D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

jason
Oh shucks.. watching Cuero vs Sealy for Sealy's Homecoming would be a great date lol j/k all **disclaimer before my husband starts getting phone calls** I am happily married and just joking..... :kiss: eh, marriage is a minor detail for a P.I.M.P....

AggieJohn
09-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Nothing wrong with being a nerdy white guy in his midlife crisis.:D I'll be one in a few years.

That being said, I'd be happy to meet you cunbed. I live right down the road. If you ever feel like making a Saturday trip to College Station look me up.

hey russ, we should meet at the sbisa one day, i'll buy you lunch....i'm on a meal plan

HighSchool Fan
09-16-2004, 02:43 PM
OK I'll bite,, What's GMILF??

Are you serious?

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:43 PM
There is no way I would eat lunch with an aggie fan. I would have to draw the line somewhere.:D

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Are you serious?

As much as I hate to go there... I am serious.. but I do know what ROFLMAOPIMP is lol

PS 5 pages of posts in a little over an hour and we're having fun nice job:clap: :clap: :clap:

jason
09-16-2004, 02:46 PM
ROFLMAOPIMP :doh:

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 02:48 PM
:doh: Originally posted by 44INAROW
ROFLMAOPIMP
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off p***** in my pants

ps I might break 200 today :clap:

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 02:49 PM
44INAROW...give me a sec and check your PM's.....I guess I am gonna have step up to plate and fill you in!!

JasperDog94
09-16-2004, 02:50 PM
I stopped talking about my town when when everyone raped me for two months last season about the kid that transferred. That must've hurt...:eek: :eek: :eek:

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 02:51 PM
44INAROW...give me a sec and check your PM's.....I guess I am gonna have step up to plate and fill you in!!

RM - thanks I got it........... HSF did it for me....... oops that sounds fun.............

jason
09-16-2004, 02:51 PM
44INAROW...give me a sec and check your PM's.....I guess I am gonna have step up to plate and fill you in!! lol, RM, im holding you responsibe if i get a granny on my @$$ for calling her names...:D :D :D

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 02:52 PM
lol, RM, im holding you responsibe if i get a granny on my @$$ for calling her names...:D :D :D
Crap I might be a granny but I'm not dead lol lol... I am only 45 yrs old...
An that folks is my 200th post.. lol

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:55 PM
That must've hurt...:eek: :eek: :eek:

As I recall, I stood in there and took it like a man. I don't remember shedding a single tear either. And I am dang sure I didn't ask for help.:)

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:55 PM
lol, RM, im holding you responsibe if i get a granny on my @$$ for calling her names...:D :D :D

Hey you made the practice squad.

Congratulations.:)

JasperDog94
09-16-2004, 02:56 PM
As I recall, I stood in there and took it like a man. I don't remember shedding a single tear either. And I am dang sure I didn't ask for help.:) Actually you refused to answer questions about it because you knew Pilot Point was guilty.

cunbed10
09-16-2004, 02:58 PM
I knew this would b a hot topic, and it does have an old 3aDownlow feel to it, people having fun, and Of Course Russ We can meet anytime , I just can't get over the Bellville game last year at kyle field I had some many people from so many places, wanting to meet me I could hardly watch the game it was great, of course Bellville22 and I had talked on the phone, but until this game we hadn't met, and all the Burnet coahces and fan got a chance to see me leave early when my beloved Bulldogs got their hat brought to them in Burnet, it was a great time

44INAROW
Hey you made the practice squad.

Congratulations.:)

thanks.. well, I've enjoyed this.. It's been fun.. I have to get some work some if I am sneaking off early for the JV game tonight. Have a good day all.
:p

Ranger Mom
Actually you refused to answer questions about it because you knew Pilot Point was guilty.

This has been a fun friendly thread....if it's gonna turn the other way, then take it up in PM's!!!!:mad:

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Actually you refused to answer questions about it because you knew Pilot Point was guilty.
For starters, Pilot Point didn't have anything to do with it. That was the problem. There were two sides to that story, and the only people who wanted to talk about it in open forum, were people who didn't have a clue as to what was going on. I didn't refuse to answer questions. I refused to talk about a minor child on a bulletin board.

But that was a nice try.

Turd

JasperDog94
09-16-2004, 03:00 PM
This has been a fun friendly thread....if it's gonna turn the other way, then take it up in PM's!!!!:mad: Sorry RM, but PPHSfan is the one that brought it up. Now he's trying to act like a saint about the matter. Us "old timers" remember what happened but the newbies and scrubs don't. I'm just trying to set the record straight.

jason
09-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Turd LOL

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 03:01 PM
He is just trying to bait me RM. It's not gonna happen. If I show him my dark side, it won't be in public forum, I promise.

JasperDog94
09-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Turd :clap: :clap: :clap: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
09-16-2004, 03:02 PM
He is just trying to bait me RM. It's not gonna happen. If I show him my dark side, it won't be in public forum, I promise. :eyetwitch :eyetwitch

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Sorry RM, but PPHSfan is the one that brought it up. Now he's trying to act like a saint about the matter. Us "old timers" remember what happened but the newbies and scrubs don't. I'm just trying to set the record straight.

I didn't "bring it up".

You asked me how long it had been since I talked about my town, and I answered your question.

You're the one trying to start something again.

Turd for brains.

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 03:05 PM
OH, and just so you know.

I have seen your picture, and I have caught fish bigger than you. I think I can take you.:D :p

JasperDog94
09-16-2004, 03:06 PM

Sign on and say hi to all of your friends and tell them what was going on in your town.:( Here's where you brought it up. I called you on the fact that you haven't talked about your town in quite awhile.

Nice try...:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

JasperDog94
09-16-2004, 03:07 PM
OH, and just so you know.

I have seen your picture, and I have caught fish bigger than you. I think I can take you.:D :p The old downlow: Good debates based on football topics and football knowledge.

New downlow: Sound retarded and make idle threats.

PPHSfan
09-16-2004, 03:09 PM
I have forgotten more about football than you will ever know.:D

cunbed10
09-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Can we all just get along.............. Rodney King 1993

District303aPastPlayer
09-16-2004, 03:28 PM
no, thatd be too easy

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Sorry RM, but PPHSfan is the one that brought it up. Now he's trying to act like a saint about the matter. Us "old timers" remember what happened but the newbies and scrubs don't. I'm just trying to set the record straight.

To tell you the truth....I have been here longer (as a registered member anyway) than either one of you, and I don't have a CLUE what either of you are talking about....and frankly, I don't want to know nor do I care!!:p :p :p

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
just out of curiousity, how many of you posters where on during the "old downlow" era? i was

I was.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 03:52 PM
I wonder what the old "downlow" era was.....maybe before we switched over to the new board??

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2004, 03:54 PM
I think so.

dawgmom
09-16-2004, 03:59 PM
NOW THIS THREAD HAS BEEN FUN!!! :evilgrin: :crazy: :crazy: :thumbsup:

dawgmom
09-16-2004, 04:01 PM
HEY LOOK!!! That was my 50th post! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

big daddy russ
09-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
hey russ, we should meet at the sbisa one day, i'll buy you lunch....i'm on a meal plan
LOL, alright explayer. You're on.

You know what, I might be tailgating this weekend (not sure yet) on the drill field right across the street from Kyle (East Entrance). I'll let you know what's going on. If you want, you're welcome to come over and eat some free food. That goes for anyone else on the 'Low who'll be in CS on Saturday. I'll put up a post tomorrow and see who all feels like stopping by.

GoDeep
09-16-2004, 05:51 PM
I wonder what the old "downlow" era was.....maybe before we switched over to the new board??

Id say the old era ended when all the backstabbing happened.
I was here last year, but didnt actively post untill this year. I saw the way the old downlow ended..with alot of backstabbing and switching sides. I was kind of disappointed that no one spoke up, but I guess there are reasons. But, that kind of backstabbing and such will make things not as fun. Seems like everyone's scared to say the wrong thing now. That, and Ive seen some power trips from some of the moderators. Maybe because there are so many of them. Who knows? Just my two cents.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 06:21 PM
Dang!! I'm on a power trip and didn't pack my bags!!:(

JasperDog94
09-16-2004, 08:08 PM
I honestly don't think the moderators are on a power trip. They try their best to keep this a fun board without letting it degrade into profanity and an "anti-family" atmosphere. Keep up the great work mods.:)

GoDeep
09-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Well, Im not seeing it so much anymore. Ranger Mom seems to be the only active moderator now, which looks to be working out ok. But, after the switch, when there were about 4 active moderators, there were some power trips (ie: naming certain topics off limits, etc...). But, I think it was the way the change happened that has changed the tone more than anything.

olddawggreen
09-16-2004, 09:36 PM
And thats all I have to say about that! :D :D

SintonFan
09-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Old vs. new, or is it because this is the first presidential election year for the low. I think the timing just happens to coincide with the new board coming to life. Kinda like talking about religion, politics tend to polarize people and feelings become intense. Now we can't talk about politics and I miss the discussions we had.
I do believe there is some political correctness on this site. Sad, but true.
GoDeep, sinton66(as do the two other new moderators) has a guideline that Matthew328 set for them. I don't believe he was ever on a power trip. :(

Bullaholic
09-16-2004, 10:18 PM
I'm an "oldtimer" as far as years spent following high school ball, but a "rookie" on this forum. My personal rule of conduct is that I will never post anything here that I would be ashamed for a bunch of kids I was coaching to hear.

Gobbla2001
09-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Old vs. new, or is it because this is the first presidential election year for the low. I think the timing just happens to coincide with the new board coming to life. Kinda like talking about religion, politics tend to polarize people and feelings become intense. Now we can't talk about politics and I miss the discussions we had.
I do believe there is some political correctness on this site. Sad, but true.
GoDeep, sinton66(as do the two other new moderators) has a guideline that Matthew328 set for them. I don't believe he was ever on a power trip. :(

Actually this will be the second election year for the 3a Downlow... The first was in 2000.... but it was a 'Bravenet' message board... and a lot less posters...:D

SintonFan
09-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Actually this will be the second election year for the 3a Downlow... The first was in 2000.... but it was a 'Bravenet' message board... and a lot less posters...:D
Touche...:p

Gobbla2001
09-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Touche...:p

Nahhh... Just had to jump on the chance to top Sinton Fan ha...

You guys gunna murder Beeville?

vet93
09-16-2004, 10:37 PM
I personally like the "new" downlow and I liked the "old" downlow. I think that the moderators are doing a great job. The only thing that I didn't like was some of the "mind" game stuff that ended up hurting some posters and took away from the integrity of the board. I also think that PPHSfan is a professional "poop" disturber.......but I must say I still like his wit and most of the "fun" that he brings to the board. He certainly knows how to keep things interesting!

SintonFan
09-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Nahhh... Just had to jump on the chance to top Sinton Fan ha...

You guys gunna murder Beeville?
I don't know. Now that Soza is there they should be much improved from last season. They played a pretty decent 4A Kingsville close. If the Pirates can jump out to an early lead they should be fine but...
Soza will have the Trojans up for this game. Who wants to lose to a lowly 3A team?
I'll be at the game and post my thoughts after.

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Speaking of PPHSfan...I was talking to a WOS poster at one time, who was talking about another WOS poster who seemed to rub everyone the wrong way. He said if you met the guy in person you would see what a great person he really is.

That's my take on PPHSfan...I have met him in person and talked to him several times on the phone...he is one of the most upbeat people I have ever met.

It just have to learn how to "take "him!!

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 10:49 PM
Speaking of PPHSfan...I was talking to a WOS poster at one time, who was talking about another WOS poster who seemed to rub everyone the wrong way. He said if you met the guy in person you would see what a great person he really is.

That's my take on PPHSfan...I have met him in person and talked to him several times on the phone...he is one of the most upbeat people I have ever met.

It just have to learn how to "take "him!!

I think you are right on RM. "a certain poster" and I had a misunderstanding and got past it and hopefully now I understand his humor and vice versa. Sometimes some people's personalities are so much alike that at first they clash with each other until they work some of the kinks out lol........ that sounds weird but I think you know what I mean :cool:

slpybear the bullfan
09-16-2004, 10:49 PM
LOL, guys, just an FYI... To be a moderator doesn't necessarily mean that you will have 100 posts per week and ROM the heck out of everybody... (although sometimes that is needed...)

Folks who have been on here a while know that being a moderator sometimes means not getting post as much because you spend lots of time "lurking" and not much time posting.

Don't worry, my skin is thick enough to ignore comments like "...other moderators not doing much anymore... power trips..." LOL...

And as far as this topic goes, the Bear would love to say a couple of things...

1.) There are a bunch of incorrect genralities about the "old downlow". Like, all the folks from the old downlow are "made" and have 1000s of posts. Wrong. Lots of folks were around then and didn't post much at all. Others only talked football and ignored the other stuff. Nothing wrong with either of those things. But they were just as much a part of the old "low" as the rest of us.... Eye of the Tiger fit into one of those categories... but he was a big part of the Old low...

2.) The "new Downlow" thing tickles me. I sorta feel like this same thing happens each year at the beginning of the season. A lot of folks find the site during the season, then during offseason a smaller group has a good time and gets to know each other pretty well. Then, when football season starts, lots of new members come in and feel a little intimidated by the "closeness" of the group that just spent time on the board during the offseason. Folks... this happens every year. Some of the newbies this year will be thinking of themselves as oldies next season and jumping on newbies themselves.

3.) Now for my favorite part... I don't feel like this board should be run to please the perceived "old downlowers" or the "new downlowers..." The downlow is simply the downlow.... to be used by everyone as long as they register and play by the rules. And they are very broad rules...

So perhaps everyone might consider the following...

LIGHTEN UP. IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS, GO ELSEWHERE.

NO MATTER HOW MANY POSTS SOMEONE HAS, WE ALL HAVE TO USE THE SAME SCREENS TO READ AND POST.

IF SOMEONE PUSHES YOUR BUTTONS, USE THE IGNORE FEATURE.

DON'T PUSH OTHER MEMBERS BUTTONS AND EXPECT TO BE EVERYONE'S FAVORITE.

IF YOU HAVE THIN SKIN, THINK TWICE ABOUT CONTENT BEFORE YOU POST.

CONSIDER WHAT YOU POST ON HERE TO BE BROADCAST WORLDWIDE.

GIVE THE OTHER POSTER THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. LET STUFF SLIDE SOMETIMES.

DON'T EXPECT THE BOARD TO REFLECT YOUR WORLDVIEWS AND BE A CHARACTER BUILDING EXPERIENCE.

and last but not least...

IF THIS BOARD GETS TO SERIOUS TO YOU, GO OUTSIDE AND LOOK AT SOME TREES.

Just one humble "not quite hibernating as a moderator" Sleepy Bear's opinions and guidelines he moderates with.

Please try to have some fun folks.

Decatur2004
09-16-2004, 10:50 PM
i have like read this whole thread and i have to say that i love you people, and that im free next friday if the GMILF wants to do something...........lol :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;)

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Nicely put slpybear, I think there is something for everyone in that. Now about that IGNORE FEATURE? lol j/k :p

big daddy russ
09-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Amen, sleepy.

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Decatur2004
i have like read this whole thread and i have to say that i love you people, and that im free next friday if the GMILF wants to do something...........lol :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) \

ROTFLMFAOPIMP............ What a way to end the night!!!!! lol lol..

SintonFan
09-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
LOL, guys, just an FYI... To be a moderator doesn't necessarily mean that you will have 100 posts per week and ROM the heck out of everybody... (although sometimes that is needed...)

Folks who have been on here a while know that being a moderator sometimes means not getting post as much because you spend lots of time "lurking" and not much time posting.

Don't worry, my skin is thick enough to ignore comments like "...other moderators not doing much anymore... power trips..." LOL...

1.) There are a bunch of incorrect genralities about the "old downlow". Like, all the folks from the old downlow are "made" and have 1000s of posts. Wrong. Lots of folks were around then and didn't post much at all. Others only talked football and ignored the other stuff. Nothing wrong with either of those things. But they were just as much a part of the old "low" as the rest of us.... Eye of the Tiger fit into one of those categories... but he was a big part of the Old low...

2.) The "new Downlow" thing tickles me. I sorta feel like this same thing happens each year at the beginning of the season. A lot of folks find the site during the season, then during offseason a smaller group has a good time and gets to know each other pretty well. Then, when football season starts, lots of new members come in and feel a little intimidated by the "closeness" of the group that just spent time on the board during the offseason. Folks... this happens every year. Some of the newbies this year will be thinking of themselves as oldies next season and jumping on newbies themselves.

3.) Now for my favorite part... I don't feel like this board should be run to please the perceived "old downlowers" or the "new downlowers..." The downlow is simply the downlow.... to be used by everyone as long as they register and play by the rules. And they are very broad rules...

NO MATTER HOW MANY POSTS SOMEONE HAS, WE ALL HAVE TO USE THE SAME SCREENS TO READ AND POST.

DON'T EXPECT THE BOARD TO REFLECT YOUR WORLDVIEWS AND BE A CHARACTER BUILDING EXPERIENCE.

Just one humble "not quite hibernating as a moderator" Sleepy Bear's opinions and guidelines he moderates with.

Leave it to slpy to inject some common sense.
At the risks of sounding like I'm ki$$ing your a$$.
Awesome post slpy!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cool:

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm an "oldtimer" as far as years spent following high school ball, but a "rookie" on this forum. My personal rule of conduct is that I will never post anything here that I would be ashamed for a bunch of kids I was coaching to hear.

Very nicely put! (Or my own kids, I add for myself.)

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 11:01 PM
i have like read this whole thread and i have to say that i love you people, and that im free next friday if the GMILF wants to do something...........lol :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;)

That was funny!

Decatur2004
09-16-2004, 11:06 PM
I do beleive that this is my fav. site ever, My name is Seth and im from Decatur just would like to say "HEY" to all ya'll.........im 16 yrs and im willing to admit that i have and addiction to these boards.......I HAVE A PROBLEM.....lol

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2004, 11:08 PM
I do beleive that this is my fav. site ever, My name is Seth and im from Decatur just would like to say "HEY" to all ya'll.........im 16 yrs and im willing to admit that i have and addiction to these boards.......I HAVE A PROBLEM.....lol

None of the REST of us have that problem. :D

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 11:09 PM

Hi Seth....we are organizing a "downlowers annonymous" if your addiction gets out of hand!!

Oh, BTW.....Welcome to the board!!:D

Decatur2004
09-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Thankyou ma'am go ahead and sign me up, cause im hook, line sinker..........caught

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Welcome Seth - have fun...... and yes it IS addicting but there are many worse things you could be doing with your time ie, Geometry homework, Chemistry, Spanish II lol Seriously, welcome!

Decatur2004
09-16-2004, 11:14 PM
No ma'am im passed all that its college history and pre-cal im sophiticated and in need of and older mature women............Wink Wink...............lol:) ;) :)

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 11:16 PM
No ma'am im passed all that its college history and pre-cal im sophiticated and in need of and older mature women............Wink Wink...............lol:) ;) :)
:eek: :eek: :eek:

slpybear the bullfan
09-16-2004, 11:16 PM

My grandma is 85 years old and a widow.

Need her number?

:p

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2004, 11:17 PM
ROFLMAOPIMP!

Ranger Mom
09-16-2004, 11:19 PM
My grandmother is 90....sharp as a tack too (and gets around pretty fast with her walker)!!

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 11:20 PM

sounds like a man with a plan, get all the hours you can before college, sure is nice to start off with enough hours to be classified a Soph - moms and dads like that very much :cool:

Decatur2004
09-16-2004, 11:22 PM
Nah no numbers needed........... but yea my parents are happy bout my college hrs.........less time in school the better

44INAROW
09-16-2004, 11:23 PM
I need to hit the sack, long day and night ahead of us tomorrow.. Hope everyone has a safe trip traveling to the games and they are all injury free. :clap:

Decatur2004
09-16-2004, 11:24 PM
well on second thought i think the 85 is right up my alley ....... u put in a good word for me:)

SintonFan
09-16-2004, 11:30 PM
ROFL!!!:D

slpybear the bullfan
09-16-2004, 11:35 PM
well on second thought i think the 85 is right up my alley ....... u put in a good word for me:)

Consider it done... But can you afford the social stigma of having a Girl Friend who lives in Bridgeport?:eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL

Decatur2004
09-16-2004, 11:37 PM
only after we play them so the tension is sorta releivied........she may be a little skeptical at 1st.......just tell her that age aint nuttin but a number............lol:p

LogieJoeBean001
09-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by shellman54

I was!

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2004, 07:14 AM
On the old DL, there were more than just a small handful of posters willing & able to get a big debate going with quite a few folks participating. Sure, a lot of times things were taken personally, but when it was all said & done, for the most part everyone shook hands when it was over. (BTW - anyone heard from Paintball lately?)

On the new DL, a debate might involve 2 or 3 going back & forth, but for the most part, there is not a lot of participation. Maybe it's still early in the season; maybe some of the new folks are still trying to get a feel for whether or not their participation is welcome. DON'T BE SHY! Just follow the rules.

Hey, opinions are like behinds - everyone has one and yes, sometimes they stink. But, if we all thought and felt the same way, the board would die.

If something is typed that someone takes personally, there are options: 1) Put them on your ignore list - you will never have to read or skip over another thing they post; 2) have a witty comeback [poster 1 - your mother is as ugly as a mud fence, you - wow, I didn't realize we were related]; 3) debate them over the subject; 4) don't worry about it - it's just a internet forum. If someone is not one of the top 10 people in your life (parent, spouse, child, sibling), don't let what they type be one of the top 10 things that tick you off. Debate, get over it & have fun!

3afan
09-17-2004, 07:22 AM
IMO this is being way too over analyzed --- the 'old' & 'new' are about the same, its just the new has so many more characters

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
IMO this is being way too over analyzed --- the 'old' & 'new' are about the same, its just the new has so many more characters

Probably - my mind tends to play strange tricks on me early in the morning (particularly when my "other" personality comes out). :p

3afan
09-17-2004, 07:42 AM
other personality? what's 'her" username ???:p

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
other personality? what's 'her" username ???:p

PPHSfan's sister. :evilgrin:

3afan
09-17-2004, 07:45 AM
OMG :eek:

cunbed10
09-17-2004, 07:48 AM

It just have to learn how to "take "him!! That could be said about the ole Cunbed10 also.

mikecheck
09-17-2004, 10:22 AM
I wonder what would happen if this board would not show the number of posts you have. Can you imagine, I think that would crush a very few people and it would not even bother everybody else. (just a thought from a rookie).

PPHSfan
09-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by mikecheck
I wonder what would happen if this board would not show the number of posts you have. Can you imagine, I think that would crush a very few people and it would not even bother everybody else. (just a thought from a rookie).

You don't need a running total for folks to know you have a few posts. And the number of posts has nothing to do with old vs new. There are a lot of folks that have been here for 3+ years with less than 100 posts. And there are a lot of people that have been here for less than a year with more than 1000 posts.

LogieJoeBean001
09-17-2004, 10:28 AM
I visited your website, Jason. You have a really pretty girlfriend. I liked the picture of her in the seat of the vehicle. You have really good taste! lol! ***Waiting to see if it is an "old" 3adownlow response, or a "new" one...tick..tock..tick..tock****

mikecheck
09-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Thanks for clearing that up for me PPHS.

PPHSfan
09-17-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by mikecheck
Thanks for clearing that up for me PPHS.

That's why I am here.:D

jason
09-17-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
I visited your website, Jason. You have a really pretty girlfriend. I liked the picture of her in the seat of the vehicle. You have really good taste! lol! ***Waiting to see if it is an "old" 3adownlow response, or a "new" one...tick..tock..tick..tock**** i dont get it...im single...

big daddy russ
09-17-2004, 10:34 AM
i dont get it...im single...
I think he was talking about your mom. Hook him up.

jason
09-17-2004, 10:35 AM
I think he was talking about your mom. Hook him up. thats sick

44INAROW
09-17-2004, 10:37 AM
I think he was talking about your mom. Hook him up.

lol LogieJoeBean is a SHE not a HE lol

jason
09-17-2004, 10:39 AM
lol LogieJoeBean is a SHE not a HE lol lol, thats the second time in two days ive mistaken a girl for a guy...im glad that doesnt happen at the bars lol, boy would that be embarrasing...

so LogieJoeBean...what'd you think of the sight ?? *cough* ME *cough*
:D :D :D :D

big daddy russ
09-17-2004, 10:40 AM
lol LogieJoeBean is a SHE not a HE lol
Kinky.

big daddy russ
09-17-2004, 10:41 AM
OK, I'll stop now.:D

There's that line you're not supposed to cross. Yeah, I just triple jumped across it.

big daddy russ
09-17-2004, 10:42 AM
LogieJoe... I just read your profile. You are the perfect woman.

WOS1
09-17-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I think part of the problem is that when start going after the scrubs and newbies they are prone to either leave the downlow (which is not good) or they fight back. What I don't care for is this "made" mentality that presupposes that someone is above the rules just because they have a couple thousand post.
Those of us who don't rant and rave about soccer or animals or whatever are made to feel our opinions are secondary at best by the brashness of the elite. (I must admit my post total has skyrocketed by my incessant chatter here lately.)

I still contend most of problems caused is just a lack of understanding the source and intent of a post.

I agree 100% Hup. I think there is an untouchable attitude by some of the "old guard". Who cares how long you've been here, that doesn't make your views any more important than mine, nor will it be enough of a reason for me to sit idle while they blast away. Most of these mele's occur because someone who is considered a "newbie" doesn't like what one of the "made" have posted, then the "made" guy acts like the "newbie" doesn't have the right or is stupid just because they are new. That's contradictory to what this board is here for at most and arrogant at least.

Some people need to realize that this is a PUBLIC forum. It's not the 10 or so folks who have umpteen thousand post's. I will say that I've never seen a forum that has either banned so many people or ran so many people off. I think this could be a great board and I think it is in some respects, but I think it could be even better if some attitudes changed. There are sooooo many people out there who will not come to this board because of how some of the people here act. Again, before anyone takes the first shot at me for saying this, remember, this IS NOT YOUR BOARD. It's ALL of our board. Actually, it's Matts board, but he has put it here for ALL of our use.

jason
09-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
I've never seen a forum that has either banned people dont get banned for having an opinion not everybody agrees with, they get banned for profanity...

mikecheck
09-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
I agree 100% Hup. I think there is an untouchable attitude by some of the "old guard". Who cares how long you've been here, that doesn't make your views any more important than mine, nor will it be enough of a reason for me to sit idle while they blast away. Most of these mele's occur because someone who is considered a "newbie" doesn't like what one of the "made" have posted, then the "made" guy acts like the "newbie" doesn't have the right or is stupid just because they are new. That's contradictory to what this board is here for at most and arrogant at least.

Some people need to realize that this is a PUBLIC forum. It's not the 10 or so folks who have umpteen thousand post's. I will say that I've never seen a forum that has either banned so many people or ran so many people off. I think this could be a great board and I think it is in some respects, but I think it could be even better if some attitudes changed. There are sooooo many people out there who will not come to this board because of how some of the people here act. Again, before anyone takes the first shot at me for saying this remember, this IS NOT YOUR BOARD. It's ALL of our board. Actually, it's Matts board but he has put it here for ALL of our use.

There are things that we know out there and then there are things that we don't know and then.........

Ranger Mom
09-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Actually, if memory serves me correctly (and it doesn't always:p ) - I think we had WAY more ROM's at this time last year than we have had THIS season.

Just curious....do any of you think I have unfairly ROM'd the 3 posters that I have? (4 if you count the gators evil twin)

If so....why??

LogieJoeBean001
09-17-2004, 11:27 AM
i dont get it...im single...

Figured you wouldn't...The picture of the DOG!!!..GIRLFRIEND...DOG...GIRLFRIEND...DOG? It wasn't meant literally...I wouldn't have a clue if your single, married or had 20 girlfriends or wives...it was just a JOKE! That's why I was waiting on the response, lol!

LogieJoeBean001
09-17-2004, 11:33 AM
lol, thats the second time in two days ive mistaken a girl for a guy...im glad that doesnt happen at the bars lol, boy would that be embarrasing...

so LogieJoeBean...what'd you think of the sight ?? *cough* ME *cough*
:D :D :D :D

Your a handsome guy, you have a nice lakehouse and a pretty dog! No, I'm not free tonight I have to go watch Wharton and Brazosport play in Freeport.:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

LogieJoeBean001
09-17-2004, 11:36 AM
LogieJoe... I just read your profile. You are the perfect woman.

Thanks! I was just raised by the greatest Dad in the world. He loved to do those things and took me along with him, and being the Tomboy that I was, I grew to love them too! I was Daddy's little girl, and will still be even when I'M 80!!!! It was nice growing up in them thar Pineywoods of East Texas where hunting, fishing and camping was practically right outside the backdoor.

WOS1
09-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Oooops... just saw this post. Good job!!!

WOS1
09-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Actually, if memory serves me correctly (and it doesn't always:p ) - I think we had WAY more ROM's at this time last year than we have had THIS season.

Just curious....do any of you think I have unfairly ROM'd the 3 posters that I have? (4 if you count the gators evil twin)

If so....why??

Sorry RM, I should have clarified myself. I do not think you have been unjustified in anyone you have ROM'd. These guys have all deserved to go. They have also had plenty of help getting to that point. Kind of like blood in the water... you know, a little baiting? Seems like, when there is an irate poster on a thread, certain sharks always seem to appear to help him on his way.

AggieJohn
05-09-2005, 12:25 PM
revive this thread, let's compare the old dl to the new dl

man this feels like history class...

opinion, rememberances?

44INAROW
05-09-2005, 12:44 PM
PPHS FAN.. please come out of retirement :)

AggieJohn
05-09-2005, 12:59 PM
PPHS FAN.. please come out of retirement :)

i concur

pirate4state
05-09-2005, 01:06 PM
AND I thought I was bored. :rolleyes:

AggieJohn
05-09-2005, 01:07 PM
i've got nothing to do till graduation on friday

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2005, 01:35 PM
i figured a pic of golfing in the snow would be better than a pic of me peeing in the snow...:D :D :D

Or peeing on the side of the house. :D

HighSchool Fan
05-09-2005, 01:45 PM
i think on the old dl there were less people who posted crap just to get their post count up.

Phil C
05-09-2005, 01:53 PM
i think on the old dl there were less people who posted crap just to get their post count up.

The Sinton GodFather excepted of course! :)

Holmes_Fans
05-09-2005, 03:55 PM

On the NEW Downlow you:

Sign on and see how many messages you have from the moderators telling you to stop making people cry.

TheDOCTORdre
05-09-2005, 03:57 PM
now who on earth

TheDOCTORdre
05-09-2005, 03:57 PM
would do that?

TheDOCTORdre
05-09-2005, 03:58 PM
thats a crying shame

pirate44
05-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
now who on earth

Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
would do that?
LOL

i always wondered why there is a post count. i would think registration date should be enough.

Holmes_Fans
05-09-2005, 04:14 PM
They should turn the post counts off. People would probably cry about it though.

JHS_c/o_06'
05-09-2005, 04:30 PM
On the old downlow:

Old Card would make crazy posts that contained statements that no person would say if they actually thought about it.

On the new downlow:

Old Card......oh....wait....lol...n/m

:D im just messing with ya OC

HighSchool Fan
05-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
On the old downlow:

Old Card would make crazy posts that contained statements that no person would say if they actually thought about it.

On the new downlow:

Old Card......oh....wait....lol...n/m

:D im just messing with ya OC

would that be factual statments or just made up lies.

c-town_balla
05-09-2005, 05:22 PM
man i have been on here for a long time, look at my number #

jason
08-06-2005, 09:06 AM
caution, do not drink dr pepper while reading this thread....

Hupernikomen
08-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Well that is a little severe Jason. I don't know that I could give up my can of Diet Dr. Pepper for the length of this thread. I have trained myself to read a post and after I settle down take a sip and swallow before scrolling to the next post. I have experience a lot of success with this method. I found it first necessary to come up with my drinking scheme while reading the Underwater Basketweaving thread and was very thankful once I found this thread. Good luck to all.

lepfan
08-06-2005, 12:29 PM
old DL: I lived in Texas and enjoyed Texas HS football :)

new DL: I live in Kansas and try to enjoy Kansas HS football :(

(We are going to try to liven this crowd up in this town!)

LH Panther Mom
08-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Well that is a little severe Jason. I don't know that I could give up my can of Diet Dr. Pepper for the length of this thread. I have trained myself to read a post and after I settle down take a sip and swallow before scrolling to the next post. I have experience a lot of success with this method. I found it first necessary to come up with my drinking scheme while reading the Underwater Basketweaving thread and was very thankful once I found this thread. Good luck to all.

Thanks for sharing this! I need to practice your method myself! Of course, sometimes there's no warning & it's too late. :D

Ranger Mom
08-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Thanks for sharing this! I need to practice your method myself! Of course, sometimes there's no warning & it's too late. :D

I have cleaned the screen several times, but what I REALLY hate is the one that makes you snort.... it races right up the nose...then it hits your computer screen.

YEOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hupernikomen
08-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Yes Ma'am. It takes some practice to learn to discipline onesself not to be loading when reading a new post, but after a few keyboards one learns.

BHBrave08
08-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I am a new downlow member but I actually compare myself to the old dl members more in all those categories.:thinking:

gobbler84
08-06-2005, 10:49 PM
I have no clue what the old downlow was like!

Ranger Mom
08-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Just for you Ian!!

sweetwater07
08-23-2006, 08:28 PM
I have written enough history on my town on this site to fill a book and you know it. I stopped talking about my town when when everyone raped me for two months last season about the kid that transferred. I figured it was better to just stay away from the subject. It got to where nobody wanted to talk about the success of our program, they just wanted to call us cheaters. You knew that already though JD, you are just trying to make it look like I don't do anything but cause trouble.

where are you from?

Emerson1
The good ol' days.......which I wouldn't know about because I only registered this year. Right rita

JHS_c/o_06'
Just for you Ian!!

:D thank you very much

JHS_c/o_06'
08-23-2006, 08:30 PM

Talk freely about the other hundred or so members and teams, because everyone understood you, and had a good time laughing at themselves.

On the NEW Downlow you:

Write one post making fun of a team, town, or poster...and then spend two hours and sixteen posts explaining yourself to the politicaly correct crowd so everyone can "feel good".

and this is why i wanted it brought up.....yet again....thanks RM

MagicMan
08-23-2006, 08:49 PM
i forgive bulldog_12 for wrongfully calling me and green gobbla homos. actually it was love slaves.

JHS_c/o_06'
08-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i forgive bulldog_12 for wrongfully calling me and green gobbla homos. actually it was love slaves.

that ......is.......hillarious....

AggieJohn
08-23-2006, 09:24 PM
on the old downlow: we had no shirt

the new downlow: we got a shirt:D

Ranger Mom
08-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
on the old downlow: we had no shirt

the new downlow: we got a shirt:D

Hey!! That could be a slogan!!

GOT SHIRT?

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Made guys and stuff like that?

Well I like the "Old Downlow" so "forget about it."

GreenGobbla
08-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by MagicMan

i forgive him too...and i guess im sorry for the remarks i made towards him...

rholl
08-24-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm part of the old group.

pirate44
08-24-2006, 12:38 PM
old downlow: no topics titled "The Old DownLow VS The New DownLow"

new downlow: we have a topic titled "The Old DownLow VS The New DownLow"

pirate44
08-24-2006, 12:40 PM

GOT SHIRT?
i was gonna make an add like that, but i got sidetracked and forgot:doh:

griff
08-24-2006, 01:26 PM
OK...I think I've got it. Here's my conclusion:

NEW DOWNLOW: A hodge-podge of people trying to understand each other who occasionally talk football.

OLD DOWNLOW: A reunion of banned downlow members.

Am I close?

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by griff
OK...I think I've got it. Here's my conclusion:

NEW DOWNLOW: A hodge-podge of people trying to understand each other who occasionally talk football.

OLD DOWNLOW: A reunion of banned downlow members.

Am I close?
The old downlow was almost exclusively football and sports talk.

Ranger Mom
08-24-2006, 01:37 PM
The old downlow was almost exclusively football and sports talk.

I never thought so!!:confused:

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I never thought so!!:confused:
This was before your time sweety.:inlove: :p

Ranger Mom
08-24-2006, 01:42 PM
This was before your time sweety.:inlove: :p

The old downlow wasn't before my time!!:(

Ranger Mom
08-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Didn't we decide the old downlow and the new downlow is marked when PPHSfan took over the board and Jacket had his little spasm??

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Didn't we decide the old downlow and the new downlow is marked when PPHSfan took over the board and Jacket had his little spasm??
I must have missed that memo about the actual timeline split.;)
I wuz jus playin K.:)

kepdawg
07-02-2007, 11:19 PM
:)

charlesrixey
07-02-2007, 11:47 PM
i forgot how many banned members there were on this thread

of course, that was after my original 'charlesrixey' was dropped due to inactivity and before i became a member again

pphs fan is old school

thank the lord!

carter08
07-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Bring back the King.

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 12:02 AM
On the OLD Downlow:

If you called somebody a turd, they would laugh and call you a name.

On the New Downlow:

If you call someone a turd, they tell you to "shut up and quit acting like a kid".

Feel free to add your own.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-03-2007, 12:43 AM
I don't feel as thought I enjoy the new Downlow as much. There are too many things that you can't do anymore that you could do before, and I feel like that detracts from the whole atmosphere that this place once represented. I'm not at all saying that it was a bad move by the moderators and administrators, I'm saying that it is the fault of everyone here. Everyone is too quick to disrespect other people and take situations and arguments too far. Too many people are unwilling to look at a joke as a joke or take a sarcastic rebuttle as just that. Taking things for face value has gone out the window, and even in the heat of an argument, people step across the line and are unwilling to look at what they said and think about how they would feel if they were about to receive the slander that they just dealt out. There are too many Longhorns and Aggies who want to take shots and one-up each other with unwitty remarks and take shots at schools that they don't even go to or know the least little bit about. What I'm seeing is a lack of respect for the ideas of others and what they represent. That is exactly why political discussions are no more, because nobody was willing to respect what someone else had to say and instead of trying to prove them wrong with facts, they resort to making them look bad with smack talk as an alternative. The actions of everyone have made the moderators on edge, and that was partly why PPHSfan was ROM'd, the other part was playful innocence on his part. I didn't realize it before, I thought it was just an excuse to get him gone, but I realized that in the interest of fairness to everyone that the action had to be taken. Do I think that Cary knew going in what he said was going to get him ROM'd? Most definitely not, because he contributed ideas, jokes, and represented what the Down Low used to be about, a community of people with a common bond who have come together to realize just how much people have in common in an environment that opens our eyes to the outside world. The bottom line is that if we're going to enjoy the company of each other, and be able to make jokes about someone, whether it be a blonde joke, an Aggie joke, a Longhorn joke, a Democrat/Republican joke, then we're going to have to start respecting each other. I'm not saying everyone should walk around and be politically correct, because God and everyone knows that is impossible, but what I'm saying is that when you take a joke at an Aggie, a Longhorn, a Democrat, or a Republican, make sure that it's a joke and not a shot at them. When you're arguing Texas-Texas A&M supremecy, respect the schools and the people that you're arguing with, and when you're discussing politics, prove that you are more correct than the other person instead of calling them an idiot because you lack the wits and intelligence to provide insight to the matter and another way to look at an issue. We brought the change on ourselves, and instead of bitching about it, maybe it's time we look at ourselves in the mirror and stop looking at someone to blame, because this place used to be a lot more fun, and the only people who have taken that away are ourselves. That's just my opinion on the situation.

luvhoops34
07-03-2007, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I don't feel as thought I enjoy the new Downlow as much. There are too many things that you can't do anymore that you could do before, and I feel like that detracts from the whole atmosphere that this place once represented. I'm not at all saying that it was a bad move by the moderators and administrators, I'm saying that it is the fault of everyone here. Everyone is too quick to disrespect other people and take situations and arguments too far. Too many people are unwilling to look at a joke as a joke or take a sarcastic rebuttle as just that. Taking things for face value has gone out the window, and even in the heat of an argument, people step across the line and are unwilling to look at what they said and think about how they would feel if they were about to receive the slander that they just dealt out. There are too many Longhorns and Aggies who want to take shots and one-up each other with unwitty remarks and take shots at schools that they don't even go to or know the least little bit about. What I'm seeing is a lack of respect for the ideas of others and what they represent. That is exactly why political discussions are no more, because nobody was willing to respect what someone else had to say and instead of trying to prove them wrong with facts, they resort to making them look bad with smack talk as an alternative. The actions of everyone have made the moderators on edge, and that was partly why PPHSfan was ROM'd, the other part was playful innocence on his part. I didn't realize it before, I thought it was just an excuse to get him gone, but I realized that in the interest of fairness to everyone that the action had to be taken. Do I think that Cary knew going in what he said was going to get him ROM'd? Most definitely not, because he contributed ideas, jokes, and represented what the Down Low used to be about, a community of people with a common bond who have come together to realize just how much people have in common in an environment that opens our eyes to the outside world. The bottom line is that if we're going to enjoy the company of each other, and be able to make jokes about someone, whether it be a blonde joke, an Aggie joke, a Longhorn joke, a Democrat/Republican joke, then we're going to have to start respecting each other. I'm not saying everyone should walk around and be politically correct, because God and everyone knows that is impossible, but what I'm saying is that when you take a joke at an Aggie, a Longhorn, a Democrat, or a Republican, make sure that it's a joke and not a shot at them. When you're arguing Texas-Texas A&M supremecy, respect the schools and the people that you're arguing with, and when you're discussing politics, prove that you are more correct than the other person instead of calling them an idiot because you lack the wits and intelligence to provide insight to the matter and another way to look at an issue. We brought the change on ourselves, and instead of bitching about it, maybe it's time we look at ourselves in the mirror and stop looking at someone to blame, because this place used to be a lot more fun, and the only people who have taken that away are ourselves. That's just my opinion on the situation.

Well if that's not a crying in your beer post, then I've never seen one.....:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Well if that's not a crying in your beer post, then I've never seen one.....:D

I'm going to punch you in the back of the head when you're not looking. :mad:

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm going to punch you in the back of the head when you're not looking. :mad:

Be kind of hard to punch her the in the back of the head when she is looking..so good call

charlesrixey
07-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Be kind of hard to punch her the in the back of the head when she is looking..so good call

:evillol:

better call!

pooch
07-03-2007, 08:23 AM
punch me, punch me....i need some sense knocked into me...:)

mustang04
07-03-2007, 08:59 AM
i miss the old downlow as well:(

but i love the downlow regardless so it don't matter

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-03-2007, 09:31 AM

It's called a reach-around, and from what I've heard you've mastered it quite well.

charlesrixey
07-03-2007, 11:04 AM
It's called a reach-around, and from what I've heard you've mastered it quite well.

:confused:

carter08
07-03-2007, 11:06 AM

:(

I wish I had been here for the Old Downlow.

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2007, 11:07 AM

HAHAHAHA

No that is what u and your cousin have mastered while looking at each other in the mirror

mustang04
07-03-2007, 11:09 AM
HAHAHAHA

No that is what u and your cousin have mastered while looking at each other in the mirror

hey now....i already made it plain and clear...I DON'T OWN A MIRROR.....don't need one

Txbroadcaster
07-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
hey now....i already made it plain and clear...I DON'T OWN A MIRROR.....don't need one

Yes you do..it is how you watch Gary do reach arounds you

BADA BING

mustang04
07-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes you do..it is how you watch Gary do reach arounds you

BADA BING

did you...i think you just did..did you just make a joke?? WOW that was sooooooo funny, that was too fresh...please dont say you made that up on your own that is just too funny to be made up hahahaha oh my ribs are seriously hurting...PLEASE tell me another one

charlesrixey
07-03-2007, 11:16 AM
this thread has obviously outlived its usefulness

Ranger Mom
07-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
this thread has obviously outlived its usefulness

LOL!! Ya think??;)

charlesrixey
07-03-2007, 11:20 AM
LOL!! Ya think??;)

I'm actually quite surprised it has lasted this long!:eek:

So how are you doing today, RM?

carter08
07-03-2007, 11:24 AM
poop.

Ranger Mom
07-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
I'm actually quite surprised it has lasted this long!:eek:

So how are you doing today, RM?

I'm tired....haven't gotten a darn thing accomplished today!!:(

AP Panther Fan
07-03-2007, 11:47 AM

Wow...reading all of that just wore me out...do you feel better?;) j/k

pirate4state
07-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Wow...reading all of that just wore me out...do you feel better?;) j/k Me too. I read it earlier and thought - what the hell brought that on?? :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
07-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Me too. I read it early and thought - what the hell brought that on?? :thinking:

If I ever need counseling, I know who I am going to call...surely he would make me feel better...well that or want to kill myself.:D

charlesrixey
07-03-2007, 12:00 PM
If I ever need counseling, I know who I am going to call...surely he would make me feel better...well that or want to kill myself.:D

i just figured the thread was full of so much boundless optimism maybe they should be less positive!

:) ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-03-2007, 12:16 PM

I've been known to encourage a few people to go play in traffic. :devil:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Me too. I read it earlier and thought - what the hell brought that on?? :thinking:

Just taking a look at things, kind of dissatisfied with the way things have been going lately. And yes, I do feel better. :)

AP Panther Fan
07-03-2007, 12:26 PM
I've been known to encourage a few people to go play in traffic. :devil:

I'm not feeling the love.... :(

Good thing there isn't much traffic today, I guess.:D

pirate4state
07-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Just taking a look at things, kind of dissatisfied with the way things have been going lately. And yes, I do feel better. :)

alrighty as long as YOU feel better :p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-03-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm not feeling the love.... :(

Good thing there isn't much traffic today, I guess.:D

I would never tell YOU to go play in traffic, but there are a few people here who could stand to do it.

neck_06
07-03-2007, 01:30 PM
haha, i just wanted fofo to get another e-mail.....carry on.